PDA

View Full Version : Holyrood First Minister's Questions

kmahon2001
25-Apr-09, 13:39
Did anyone see the First Minister's Questions the other day? Alex Salmond kept banging on about the £500M cuts being imposed by Westminster. He was obviously very angry about this, but this was all he kept talking about. It didn't matter what questions he was asked he just stood up and banged on about the £500M.

The Tory Leader asked him what he was going to do to work with the cuts and he just repeated his rant, she then had to ask him the question again, but he still just repeated his rant.

Then the Lib Dem Leader asked him about the VAT cut, and again Mr Salmond repeated his rant. The Lib Dem Leader then commented that Mr Salmond hadn't actually answered the question about VAT, and again Mr Salmond banged on about the £500M.

Was he even listening to the questions, or was he deliberately avoiding answering them?

Being new to the Scottish political system, I have been recently trying to watch and learn what happens in Holyrood and how the Scottish Parliament works. I am, as an Englishman, very supportive of the Scottish Parliament. I believe it only right and fair that Scotland be able to have autonomy over matters that effect this country, as apart from the UK as a whole.

I decided I would be better learning what the ruling SNP party stand for and how they are managing to run this great country, but I must admit I wasn't impressed with Alex Salmond's performance. He just seemed to be trying to deflect any potential criticism of his performance by trying to whip up anger and resentment over Westminster's cuts. I hope First Minister's Questions are not always like this and that he does actually sometimes answer the questions that have been put to him.

joxville
25-Apr-09, 14:13
He's the most obtuse MP you're ever likely to come across. I can't stand the man, I don't trust him, he's another of those slimeballs with his snout in the trough.