mrsinkstack
24-Apr-09, 16:18
You greedy git ;)

Mr P Cannop
24-Apr-09, 16:19
the big co - op has still got loads left

mrsinkstack
24-Apr-09, 16:22
Aye, they're on special offer at the moment, much cheapness for a pack of 36 - now that would be being a greedy git ;)

balto
24-Apr-09, 16:24
I have just eaten all the Jaffa cake

That is all.
jaffa cakes are like chocolate fingers, one is never enough, a pack later and you're almost there lol.

starry
24-Apr-09, 16:38
I really don't like Jaffa Cakes, they are not a proper biscuit or a proper cake or really anything.

They are the nothing of the cake/biscuit world :confused

mrsinkstack
24-Apr-09, 16:42
I really don't like Jaffa Cakes, they are not a proper biscuit or a proper cake or really anything.

They are the nothing of the cake/biscuit world :confused

No way ! i don't think I've ever heard anyone say they don't like jaffa cakes, even the cheapo ones from Lidl are nice. Give me a jaffa cake or a tea cake anyday :D

wifie
24-Apr-09, 17:01
Ya beeg glutton, Northener! :Razz

Vistravi
24-Apr-09, 17:04
What bout cheesecake or swiss roll? They're all good too lol

Love jaffa cakes, shame you dinnae leave me one northerner;)

wifie
24-Apr-09, 17:07
BTW Northener, did you do the full moon, half moon, total eclipse thing? [lol]

ShelleyCowie
24-Apr-09, 17:10
Aye, they're on special offer at the moment, much cheapness for a pack of 36 - now that would be being a greedy git ;)

I bought a pack o them. Aint opened em because i know i will eat the lot and im trying to eat healthy just now.

I give the temptation 2 days!!:lol:

Vistravi
24-Apr-09, 17:18
Thats what i did with my medium sized pack of choclate swiss roll shelley. Left it for two days then ate it lol:lol:

helenwyler
24-Apr-09, 17:57
I have just eaten all the Jaffa cakes.

Yuk! Jaffta tell us that? :D

"All the Jaffa cakes" is ambiguous. Was the packet full? Was it half full? Was it half empty? Or did you just sneak the last two in a stoatish, underhand kind of way before Mrs N could wrestle one from you?

wifie
24-Apr-09, 18:05

"All the Jaffa cakes" is ambiguous. Was the packet full? Was it half full? Was it half empty? Or did you just sneak the last two in a stoatish, underhand kind of way before Mrs N could wrestle one from you?

Good question Helen! Yeah how many precisely did you scoff? I did not realise stoats enjoyed that smashing orangey bit?

helenwyler
24-Apr-09, 18:25
He's probably recovering under a hedge somewhere wifie ;).

Try these next time N :D!

http://www.stoatsporridgebars.co.uk/shop/images/products/medium/12216816911217272045White_choc_hazelnut_bar.jpg

Alice in Blunderland
24-Apr-09, 18:35
Words fail me..........................

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/09/pigs140906_228x347.jpg

:lol::lol:

the poacher
24-Apr-09, 18:39
love jaffa cakes would eat the whole lot myself if i got a chance but the kids fight over them so they dont last 2 mins in my house.

mrsinkstack
24-Apr-09, 18:51
[quote=northener;538717]I have just eaten all the Jaffa cakes.

Saw this and thought of you ;)

http://www.bsacforum.co.uk/forums/gallery/files/2/jaffacakes.jpg

sjr014
24-Apr-09, 19:23
Glad im not the only 1 that can open a packet of biscuits and eat the lot! :L:L:L

northener
24-Apr-09, 19:51
BTW Northener, did you do the full moon, half moon, total eclipse thing? [lol]

All the above plus 'rings of Saturn', 'equinox on Pluto' and 'obliterated by wheelie bin'.

Ahem, 'twas a full packet. No half measures in this household I'll have you know.

Mrs St...sorry...Mrs Northener does not approve of Jaffa cakes. She say they have been placed upon this earth by Lucifer himself to show who the weak-willed amongst us are. She may have a valid point there....
She also says they are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord and all who doth partake should be cast into the fiery pits of Hell - or at least be made to get the choccy stains off the sofa.

golach
24-Apr-09, 20:06
you enjoy your Jaffa Cakes N, McVities beat HMC&E, they will taste all the sweeter now

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hwayoungjung/2735502000/

NickInTheNorth
24-Apr-09, 20:24
I have to say I totally approve of the technique of eating a complete packet at one sitting. They go stale so quickly once opened.

I must say though - and to many it is a sacrilegious statement to make - I prefer the cheap ones from Lidl, much tastier :D

And to whoever said that a Jaffa Cake is neither a cake nor a biscuit, I must take issue with you.

A great deal of hot air has been allowed to escape into the atmosphere in the courts in England on just such a matter. :eek:

The legal point of view is that a Jaffa Cake is just that, a cake, and therefore a food item, as such there is no VAT on jaffa Cakes unlike chocolate biscuits which are I believe a confectionery item and as such subject to VAT.

:)

northener
24-Apr-09, 20:46
Now, if I can just convince HMRC that all my earnings are in Jaffa cakes - then I may be able to get away with a smaller tax bill.:Razz

TBH
24-Apr-09, 20:52
I bought a pack o them. Aint opened em because i know i will eat the lot and im trying to eat healthy just now.

I give the temptation 2 days!!:lol:Why buy them if you're not going to eat them, what a waste.:confused

Fluff
24-Apr-09, 21:35
darn it, I really want some jaffa cakes now!! I have just eaten a (small) packet of Twiglets. Think I will have to eat that Magnum in my freezer to make up for the lack of jaffas

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-09, 21:44
On the seventh day God rested and was pleased.On the eighth day McVities created Jaffa cakes and the world was chuffed.I'm a Jaffa Cake snob.If it ain't McVities,it ain't a Jaffa Cake.Especially dipped in coffee,smashin!!!!!:lol::lol:

George Brims
24-Apr-09, 22:03
Stop it the lot of you! I am several thousand miles away from a jaffa cake right now and you are triggering horrible cravings. We have some UK visitors coming next month though. When they come on the phone and say "Can we bring anything?" I know what the answer will be!

mrsinkstack
24-Apr-09, 22:13
Stop it the lot of you! I am several thousand miles away from a jaffa cake right now and you are triggering horrible cravings. We have some UK visitors coming next month though. When they come on the phone and say "Can we bring anything?" I know what the answer will be!

It get's worse - I'm on a diet :( It's a jaffa cake free zone for me :(

ciderally
24-Apr-09, 22:29
jaffa's .....no dont like them...

TBH
24-Apr-09, 22:35
jaffa's .....no dont like them...Everyone loves Jaffas, dinna lie. Just stand up and admit, "My nickname is Cideralley and I am a Jaffaholic", you will feel better when the truth is out.

wifie
24-Apr-09, 22:54
Mrs St...sorry...Mrs Northener does not approve of Jaffa cakes. She say they have been placed upon this earth by Lucifer himself to show who the weak-willed amongst us are. She may have a valid point there....
She also says they are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord and all who doth partake should be cast into the fiery pits of Hell - or at least be made to get the choccy stains off the sofa.

So she doesn't really like them then?

On the seventh day God rested and was pleased.On the eighth day McVities created Jaffa cakes and the world was chuffed.I'm a Jaffa Cake snob.If it ain't McVities,it ain't a Jaffa Cake.Especially dipped in coffee,smashin!!!!!:lol::lol:

I disagree I have tried the Co-op ones and Tesco's version and they are both better than McVities! But for the love of biscuits NEVER try (unless of course you have to) the gluten free ones from the Co-op (my mother bought them once) - EUGH!!!

Oh and golach - what a bunch of owld spoilsports! Did they try the same wi Tunnocks teacakes?

ciderally
24-Apr-09, 23:05
Everyone loves Jaffas, dinna lie. Just stand up and admit, "My nickname is Cideralley and I am a Jaffaholic", you will feel better when the truth is out.
no no no... you cant make me......

TBH
24-Apr-09, 23:09
no no no... you cant make me......Just repeat after me, "Jaffacakes, can't resist, must have, no....Can't succumb, but, they look so delicious, surely one bite won't hurt. The temptation is too strong."

ciderally
24-Apr-09, 23:10
Just repeat after me, "Jaffacakes, can't resist, must have, no....Can't succumb, but, they look so delicious, surely one bite won't hurt. The temptation is too strong."
AHaaaaaaaaaaa yuk

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-09, 23:15
no no no... you cant make me......
Chocolate......jaffa orangey filling.......spongey base....Welcome to the evil world of Jaffa Cakes....(evil laugh)[evil][evil]

TBH
24-Apr-09, 23:17
Chocolate......jaffa orangey filling.......spongey base....Welcome to the evil world of Jaffa Cakes....(evil laugh)[evil][evil]Lmao, I think me and you are coming across as dealers.
Evil to the core.[lol]

wifie
24-Apr-09, 23:18
Lmao, I think me and you are coming across as dealers.
Evil to the core.[lol]

Never mind Jaffa cakes - it's fruit and nut we should be talkin here! :Razz

ciderally
24-Apr-09, 23:19
worst nightmare....horrible orange hard jelly filling....im not going there...im telling you ...no

ciderally
24-Apr-09, 23:21
but give me a bag of liquorice allsorts....

wifie
24-Apr-09, 23:22
but give me a bag of liquorice allsorts....

Good choice ciderally but you can keep the ones wi the wee ballies on! Eugh! My favourites are the toilet rolls!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-09, 23:22
worst nightmare....horrible orange hard jelly filling....im not going there...im telling you ...no
HARD jelly filling.See ciderally thats how ye've not been enjoying them.Ye've tried oot o date Jaffa Cakes.:lol::lol::lol:

TBH
24-Apr-09, 23:25
Dinna go there, that is a whole new addiction.:confused

ciderally
24-Apr-09, 23:27
it was a terrible experience i had with a jaffa cake....first bite and i had to force it down in one swallow...can remember it well

Aaldtimer
25-Apr-09, 02:36
Anybody ever tried two with ice cream in the middle? Yuuuuuuuummmm!:lol:

poppett
25-Apr-09, 17:13
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YEsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

squidge
25-Apr-09, 17:25
oh oh oh I love jaffa cakes but not quite as much as i love tunnocks tea cakes. I actually tried to persuade the Bruce we should make a wedding cake out of tunnocks tea cakes - you know like they do with profitarole things - piled up like a mountain. He wasnt keen though.

Sadly i cant eat either justnow without throwing up- its the chocolate:mad:

poppett
25-Apr-09, 17:45
Pick the chocolate off Squidge.........if you chill them in the fridge for half an hour the chocolate shell comes off in one. If it doesn`t just practice more.

squidge
25-Apr-09, 21:19
LOl thats a good idea but its the combination of the chocolate and the filling i like. See if i pick up a tea cake with a dint in it - i dont want it. its not satisfying enough if the chocolate is broken

Bobinovich
25-Apr-09, 21:46

Only if they're surrounded by Galaxy YUM!

joxville
25-Apr-09, 21:50
I've just remembered I bought a Cadbury's Flake yesterday. :D

Unfortunately I've left it in the fridge at work. :(

Vistravi
25-Apr-09, 22:25
Ah well jox no flake be left for you now;)

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 22:57
Grr everytime i look at this thread all i want is jaffa cakes! I have loads....but refuse to eat them! Health kick!! :eek: :~(

Fluff
25-Apr-09, 22:58
Well there is worse, doughnuts for example have a lot more calories etc.. One jaffa would not hurt!

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 23:02
Well there is worse, doughnuts for example have a lot more calories etc.. One jaffa would not hurt!

I Shelley Bain can not eat just 1 jaffa cake! I eat a packet! [lol]

I have easter eggs i will never get too so the OH might aswell eat them!

Once i get the taste for chocolate and crisps back i wont get rid of it! And alot o people know...i like my biscuits! :(

Fluff
25-Apr-09, 23:30
Eaten too many jaffa cakes? crumbs everywhere? Henry to the rescue!!

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/henry-the-hoover/index.html?&gclid=CJTk4s6IjZoCFRiT3wodjA0vFA

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 23:35
Eaten too many jaffa cakes? crumbs everywhere? Henry to the rescue!!

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/henry-the-hoover/index.html?&gclid=CJTk4s6IjZoCFRiT3wodjA0vFA

Was surfin ebay (the internet dream) and its slightly cheaper here with delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Henry-Desktop-Vacuum-Cleaner_W0QQitemZ160325896859QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Gadgets?hash=item160325896859&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

Would still rather my real one! :~(

Aaldtimer
26-Apr-09, 02:49
[quote=Fluff;539398]Eaten too many jaffa cakes? crumbs everywhere? Henry to the rescue!!

How can you get crumbs with Jaffa Cakes?
This gob is big enough to take them in a oner! Yum!:)