PDA

View Full Version : dora the dane

fuzzypeg
23-Apr-09, 23:04
update on dora. she had started to put on weight got her up to 60 kgs, but unfortunately started to lose it again ,and on another trip to the vets its found that her bloods and urine are all fine, but there is an issue with her having a season every three months .this is the first bitch that i have had thats had this problem but its not un-heard of at the vets .Has anyone else had this problem with ther bitches

carasmam
27-Apr-09, 09:41
Never heard of that problem before, sorry I cant offer any advice. Looks like no-one else here has either.
Good to have an update on Dora though and hope you get her sorted out soon and she puts her weight back on :)

teenybash
27-Apr-09, 14:06
Nice to hear Dora's update. I can't offer anything about her multiple seasons as I have not come across it. Maybe Dora is a candidate for spaying to take away the problem altogether which I imagine would see her hold onto her weight. I know there is a drug...not sure if I have the name right, deverol ???which surpresses a bitches season but some say it can cause other probs. Anyway, despite her season thingy it is nice to hear about her. Let us know how she continues to enjoy her new life with you.:)

Liz
27-Apr-09, 15:29
I would agree with Teenybash and say that having Dora spayed would be the only solution.

It is good to hear that she is fine apart from this.:D