PDA

View Full Version : Theory Test

webmannie
23-Apr-09, 20:33
Jee wheelikers, earliest to get a theory test in wick is 5th June, that's diabolical! Hev till head doon til Inversneckie to get earlier. Should I complain and who should I complain to?

Invisible
23-Apr-09, 20:41
Jee wheelikers, earliest to get a theory test in wick is 5th June, that's diabolical! Hev till head doon til Inversneckie to get earlier. Should I complain and who should I complain to?

Well if you want to complain do it to DVLA. I think and im sure ill be corrected if im wrong - thats its only on Friday's they do it in Wick. So hence the long wait they should open up an office or summit.
I would think about complaining if i was in your situation cos im sure there are many others.

matelot79
23-Apr-09, 21:15
Remember and let us know what days you will be out driving, so we can get out of the county.

Metalattakk
23-Apr-09, 21:29
Plenty of time to swot up on it all though. ;)

Here's a starter for 10 for you:

Q) You stop for pedestrians waiting to cross at a zebra crossing they don't start to cross.What should you do?

a) Wait patiently until they decide to cross
b) Sound your horn and shake a clenched fist at the pedestrians
c) Drive on regardless, hoping to side-swipe a couple of them as you speed past
d) Moan about it on caithness.org

sweetpea
23-Apr-09, 21:42
MA your priceless. I was reading it like a real question in the test[lol]

webmannie
23-Apr-09, 21:49
That's easy a, b,c & d and tally the points.

webmannie
23-Apr-09, 21:52
Remember and let us know what days you will be out driving, so we can get out of the county.

Thats easy Matelot79, your safe when i'm in The Comm and the following day. So that's you safe Friday night and all day Saturday!!!

Metalattakk
23-Apr-09, 21:56
Another one to consider:

Q) You are driving at the legal speed limit. A vehicle comes up quickly behind flashing its headlights. You should?

a) Maintain your speed and prevent the vehicle from overtaking
b) Slam on your brakes to give him a right good fright
c) Speed up, while flicking the 'Vs' in your rear view mirror
d) Moan about it on caithness.org;)

sweetpea
23-Apr-09, 21:58
Has to be answer d all the way[lol]

Metalattakk
23-Apr-09, 21:59
Last one for now:

Q) What is the shortest stopping distance at 70 mph?

a) 73 metres or 240 feet
b) 53 metres or 175 feet
c) 60 metres or 200 feet
d) Depends on what you hit

webmannie
23-Apr-09, 22:00
got to be b,c whilst swerving side to side then d

sweetpea
23-Apr-09, 22:01
Crack me up! Goobye for now.

webmannie
23-Apr-09, 22:01
Hey this new multiple choice theory test milarky is fab, hope it doesn't go this slow though

Metalattakk
23-Apr-09, 22:12
I'm too busy answering all the questions:

http://www.2pass.co.uk/questions.htm

sweetpea
23-Apr-09, 22:15
The vast majority of the whole milarki is common sense.;)

Metalattakk
23-Apr-09, 22:17
I suspect webmannie is in trouble, then... :D

sweetpea
23-Apr-09, 22:22
I'd say so[lol] Just go for D if you don't know the answer. The test might be easier in Inverness maybe;)

highlander2222
24-Apr-09, 06:49
Well if you want to complain do it to DVLA. I think and im sure ill be corrected if im wrong - thats its only on Friday's they do it in Wick. So hence the long wait they should open up an office or summit.
I would think about complaining if i was in your situation cos im sure there are many others.

D S A u complain 2 not dvla +They test on fridays + sat

stef06
11-Jun-09, 12:50
hey i had to go to inverness to do mine because there wernt any untill the end of july and now ive passed ive got to wait untillthe middle of october for my driving test its rediculous if i did fail it i wouldnt get another one untill after christmas

Tilly Teckel
11-Jun-09, 14:22
I'm moving up to Lybster on 8th July and will be wanting to find a driving instructor - any recommendations (or warnings!)? I have driven before but failed my test and lost a bit of confidence - am hoping driving up there will be easier than here where it's all big towns and really busy, although judging by some of the comments it's just as bad! Would appreciate any help; sounds like I need to get my booking in early cos there's a bit of a waiting list...

dragonfly
11-Jun-09, 16:24
I just booked the bairns theory the other night and its not until 31st July so looking at about 7 weeks at the moment :(

hobbes1962
12-Jun-09, 13:37
Mind though, you've only got two years from the date of passing the theory test to pass the pratical. I'm sure that was what it was when I passed anyway

forevera123
13-Jun-09, 11:21
Mind though, you've only got two years from the date of passing the theory test to pass the pratical. I'm sure that was what it was when I passed anyway

it is still last for two years only, so got to learn driving first, the driving instructor will tell you to go for the theory test when the right time comes.

octane
13-Jun-09, 11:51
Im doing my motorbike theory test and 31st of August was the next available date in Wick so thought that, Im booked in at Elgin on Wednesday. Fingers Crossed :D

Mik.M.
13-Jun-09, 13:40
Im doing my motorbike theory test and 31st of August was the next available date in Wick so thought that, Im booked in at Elgin on Wednesday. Fingers Crossed :D
Good Luck Shazza.:lol:

octane
18-Jun-09, 00:52
Good Luck Shazza.:lol:

cheers pal....must have rubbed off...passed with flying colours first time.....yipee!! :D

Now for the nitty gritty and get my direct access booked up!! :Razz

Mik.M.
18-Jun-09, 09:21
cheers pal....must have rubbed off...passed with flying colours first time.....yipee!! :D

Now for the nitty gritty and get my direct access booked up!! :Razz
Well done Shazza,now all you have to do is chill out until your test then concentrate for the duration of your test. They don`t want to fail you because it means more paperwork for them. Good Luck. Mik