PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins and Otters

Seabird
23-Apr-09, 20:19
Kas reports Dolphins Holborn Head 8pm also Otter behind British Legion.

Kenn
23-Apr-09, 22:11
GRRRRR seems like the only way I'm going to see the otters is squat at The Legion!

Kevin Milkins
24-Apr-09, 03:02
Mrs M got a good sighting of an otter on Reiss beech a couple of days ago down towards the Ackergill end.

She was stood having a chat to a couple that where out walking and it came down out of the dunes and into the sea.:Razz

northener
24-Apr-09, 16:45
There were pleny of otter tracks at the Wester river estuary on the beach last Monday.

kas
02-May-09, 23:19
Mrs M got a good sighting of an otter on Reiss beech a couple of days ago down towards the Ackergill end.

She was stood having a chat to a couple that where out walking and it came down out of the dunes and into the sea.:Razz

Hi Kevin, I had fantastic views of a pair in Ackergill harbour a few weeks back. It was a misty morning and the bay was like a mill pond. One caught a fish and ate it on the rocks directly south of the little pier. It is a big aim of mine to get some nice otter photos and the zoom lens for my camera had gone faulty the week before I came across them. I was gutted. I have tried a few times since with no joy.

Re Seabirds post, I was having a great time watching the Rissos and White-beaked dolphins from Holborn Head, and yet again the Risso came withing photo distance had I had my lens back. It comes back on Tuesday so heres hoping for more great sightings.

Kenn
13-Jun-09, 21:43
Had the pleasure of watching an otter eat his supper last Wednesday evening on Thurso River just down from The Legion .

Kevin Milkins
13-Jun-09, 21:49
Hi Kevin, I had fantastic views of a pair in Ackergill harbour a few weeks back. It was a misty morning and the bay was like a mill pond. One caught a fish and ate it on the rocks directly south of the little pier. It is a big aim of mine to get some nice otter photos and the zoom lens for my camera had gone faulty the week before I came across them. I was gutted. I have tried a few times since with no joy.

Re Seabirds post, I was having a great time watching the Rissos and White-beaked dolphins from Holborn Head, and yet again the Risso came withing photo distance had I had my lens back. It comes back on Tuesday so heres hoping for more great sightings.

I did get a second look at him a few days later and got a couple of shots from a distance on my mobile.

I have taken my camera every day since, but no show. Casper knows when it has been about as he becomes very distracted with the scent.

I would love the oppotunity to sit and watch one going about it's daily routine.