PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the bridge!

johndy
01-Mar-06, 17:40
Just been into Wick and see there is a big hole on the nursing home side of the bridge, anyone know what has happened to it?:confused

unicorn
01-Mar-06, 17:42
hubby says someone ran into it this morning

krieve
01-Mar-06, 19:27
yes i heard that as well a car hit it

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Mar-06, 22:14
Aye the bridge has been hit......Again!!!The RSPCBr. (The Royal Society for the protection of cruelty to bridges)is on the case.

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 22:19
Hope noone was hurt.

katarina
01-Mar-06, 22:32
maybe the car was hit by a snowball......

ice box
01-Mar-06, 22:40
maybe the car was hit by a snowball......
maybe katarina maybe it was sweaty betty

George Brims
01-Mar-06, 22:53
Back in my Week HS days I actually saw a driver do that. We were walking down the Cliff at lunchtime (heading for Houston's!) when this car passed us. The wifie was driving awfully fast, and lost control at the bottom. She stuck the nose of the car through the side of the bridge about 20 feet along. Didn't damage her car as much as I would have thought, and she wasn't badly hurt. I don't know how they got the stones back out of the river, but it was all mended the next day.

canuck
01-Mar-06, 23:04
...or maybe they keep a supply of stones in a wee shed somewhere for just such repair jobbies.

ice box
01-Mar-06, 23:10
maybe canuck because it is the second time in is it a year or more that someone has hit the bridge.

captainbubba
02-Mar-06, 05:20
you have hit the odd wall yourself in your time johndy, shore lane??? lol :lol:

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 05:37
I heard it was a taxi driver from willowbank or glamis road somewhere at 6.30 in the morn not hurt but the bridge is.:(