PDA

View Full Version : little help!! dirty little moggys!!

kriklah
23-Apr-09, 15:49
i have a problem. i know why ive got the problem, and i know various solutions to the problem, and most of the problem will resolve itself in time, just hoping someone has ideas i havent covered yet.

heres the problem - cat pees and poos....yep, those horrid little (and some not so little) deposits and puddles that let you know your cat has BEEN where it shouldnt.

1 or 2 of my cats (ive a good idea its the boys) have always had a habit of peeing on piles of cloths in the kids rooms (i have just as much of a problem with getting the kids to put the clothes away in the first place!!) however this isnt the big problem at the moment.

just as the youngest cat got the hang of the flap, ive had to block it while i have 2 more cats stay temporaily(owners way south jobhunting). this has seriously put my lots noses (and other ends) out of joint. hence now they are all getting in on the act and i have now got a major clean up operation on the go in the boys bedroom. ill be tackling the hotspots with bicarb and vinigar this evening then shampooing the whole carpet tomorrow.

what im wondering is does anyone have any other cleaning product suggestions other than the bicarb/vinigar and biological washing powder?

ill be clamping down on the kids about picking up clothes and keeping their bedroom doors shut so in time we can prevent the messes, and in the meantime provide litter trays upstairs and down so the kitty have no excuses!!

any suggestions welcomed, thanks in advance

Dadie
23-Apr-09, 16:10
Pet odour eliminating shampoo for the carpet cleaner.. I used a bissel one as I have a bissel but rug doctor has one!

Handy for toddler accidents too:lol:

kriklah
23-Apr-09, 16:38
Handy for toddler accidents too:lol:

gonna have that to look forward to again later this year too!!:roll:

will have to look out for the pet odour shampoo, tho not had much luck with pet odour eliminators in the past, thats why im hoping for other natural remadies

Dadie
23-Apr-09, 19:28
I also put a couple of drops of lavender or teatree oil in my steam cleaner to go over the carpets, sofa, Laurens bed and the dogs bed when Im cleaning them!

teenybash
23-Apr-09, 20:54
Steam cleaners are great for getting rid of the odours..........good idea Dadie with the lavender and tea tree oil............:)