PDA

View Full Version : Telephone sockets

Dali
01-Mar-06, 16:25
HI
Does anyone know other than bt anyone who supplys and fits extra phone sockets.

MadPict
01-Mar-06, 16:40
You can buy all you need from any large DIY store - or look in your Yellow Pages for Telecommunication Engineers.

Dali
01-Mar-06, 16:56
Well homebase is yet to open so no large DIY stores up here . And in the yellow pages there are no Telecommunication Engineers up here either .
But thanks for suggestions.
Hoped someone new an engineer or odd job man up here who would like a quick job .

gleeber
01-Mar-06, 16:59
Woolies have them.

kev bev
01-Mar-06, 18:24
G&A Barnies supply and fit telephone sockets as well as loads more!!!!

Moonboots
01-Mar-06, 18:40
I dont think I would want to pay quite abit of money just to get a phone socket installed but maybe others would

angela5
01-Mar-06, 18:56
I dont think I would want to pay quite abit of money just to get a phone socket installed but maybe others would

I would Moonboots, the phone sockets handy..lying in bed on a sunday morning you don't need to even get out of bed to answer it..[lol]

EDDIE
01-Mar-06, 19:05
Rather than go to the hasstle of fitting extra sockets why dont you just get a cordless phone u can buy handsets that come with additional handsets and it will probably be cheaper if you have to pay some one to fit extra sockets.

jimag
01-Mar-06, 19:09
Why not go for a cordless. Less bother and probably just as cheap in the end.

Alice in Blunderland
01-Mar-06, 19:36
BT fitted extra sockets for me and yes they were a little bit more expensive but a neat and tidy job and no effort at all for me:)

Dali
01-Mar-06, 19:43
BT fitted extra sockets for me and yes they were a little bit more expensive but a neat and tidy job and no effort at all for me:)

Little bit more expensive BT quoted me £110 for 1 extra socket neat and tidy it would have to be amazing .

I already have cordless phones i want the socket for other things than a phone .

Macwull
01-Mar-06, 21:24
When BT install anything in homes this usually (not always) means clipping cables surface, around door's and along skirtens which i would say is quite ugly looking. Any electrical contractor, like kev bev said would probably make a better job, (cable would be hidden behind walls as long as its possible) dunno bout price though!

Fran
02-Mar-06, 01:45
HI
Does anyone know other than bt anyone who supplys and fits extra phone sockets.

If you are a bit "deaf" BT will fit an extra socket free of charge. i know someone who got this and she uses it for an extension phone and her sky tv connection.

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 03:43
If you are a bit "deaf" BT will fit an extra socket free of charge. i know someone who got this and she uses it for an extension phone and her sky tv connection.

Tut-Tut Fran trying to flaunt the system:roll: :roll: [lol]

captainbubba
02-Mar-06, 04:06
i would say fran is quite right, anyone who gets somethin for nothin off bt
should take it. the bills they send i would say were entitled to freebees.
i have broadband with them aswel as my phone provider and the quarterly
bill is always over £150. therefore if i got an extra socket i would say i had
already payed for it [smirk]

Tugmistress
02-Mar-06, 07:52
just buy an extension socket from where ever you can get them locally, if the cable is long enough, or get one off the internet from somewhere like screwfix and fit it yourself. just lift the edge of any carpet and tuck the cable away i have fitted loads in the past and it is a ten minute job even going from downstairs to upstairs.