PDA

View Full Version : best sea film you have seen?

the poacher
23-Apr-09, 11:32
the best sea film iv ever seen has to be THE PERFECT STORM . wached it last night again forgot how good it is.

what about you wats your favourite sea film?

Gene Hunt
23-Apr-09, 11:36
I watched that one as well, like you I had forgotten about it but it is good. I am sure it was based on actual events.

Have to say my favourite sea film is Jaws though, followed by the Guardian and then Titanic (only because that annoying character of Di Caprio's got offed in it)

anneoctober
23-Apr-09, 11:45
the best sea film iv ever seen has to be THE PERFECT STORM . wached it last night again forgot how good it is.

When I read the title of this thread, The Perfect Storm was the first one that came to mind, so DITTO :D It was based on a true story and was absolutely brilliant, especially in Perth Cinema wi dolby surround sound etc. Scared the heck out o OH & me, but flippin brilliant !!

kmahon2001
23-Apr-09, 11:58
The Cruel Sea - World War 2 drama with the late, great Jack Hawkins is my all time favourite

Followed by Run Silent, Run Deep with Burt Lancaster and Clarke Gable

I too loved Jaws, as a great bit of Hollywood nonsense [lol] as well as the original Posiedon Adventure (1972) with Gene Hackman, which is always worth a watch

and more recently Master and Commander was a good romp.

golach
23-Apr-09, 12:39
For me it has to be Das Boot, you can virtually smell the stale cabbage and diesel whilst watching this film.

the poacher
23-Apr-09, 12:58
Master and Commander has to be my ho,s best sea film im fed up of seeing it.

ShelleyCowie
23-Apr-09, 22:02
The Perfect storm and The Guardian! :Razz

sweetpea
23-Apr-09, 22:19
It's not sea but it's still water. The old film African Queen. Was it Lauren Becall? It's a romance.

Moby Dick is another personal fave and Pirates Of Carribean, Captain Jack...

wifie
23-Apr-09, 22:21
Katharine Hepburn

wood2good
23-Apr-09, 22:22
I have to agree perfect storm was ace.

youoldduffer
23-Apr-09, 23:02
The Abyss - First time i seen the water creature was stunning for the time and is still good today

Deep Rising - Treat Williams and a giant worm thingie excellent hokum.

The Perfect Storm and Jaw's

kitty kat
23-Apr-09, 23:14
perfect storm is a great film not the sort of film i would usually watch but the oh made me and i really enjoyed it very suprised

i also like deep blue sea with samuel l jackson

kmahon2001
24-Apr-09, 10:26
The Abyss - First time i seen the water creature was stunning for the time and is still good today

The Special Edition (extended version) of the Abyss makes more sense of the underwater creatures bit. And I agree it is a good film.

Anne x
24-Apr-09, 12:28
The Perfect Storm just love it OH choice K19 The widowmaker

percy toboggan
25-Apr-09, 10:41
There are several but it has to be JAWS for me.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Apr-09, 20:46
Titanic for me.The ending was a bit of a giveaway though!
Only kidding Jaws with The Perfect Storm a close second.

Ma favourite comedy sea moment is the hermit crab getting offered to the seagulls in 'Finding Nemo'.:lol::lol:

bettedaviseyes
26-Apr-09, 22:20
The Abyss great film

peter macdonald
26-Apr-09, 22:49
The Maggie Directed by Alexander Mackendrick
Das Boot Directed by Wolfgang Petersen
In Fading Light Amber films

anneoctober
27-Apr-09, 12:26
Just remembered another film, in black & white called "Murder Ahoy" starred the great Margaret Rutherford. I could watch it over n over again.:D

lister
01-May-09, 20:22
For me it has to be Das Boot, you can virtually smell the stale cabbage and diesel whilst watching this film.
Very much agree there Golach both the film and the series.

lister
02-May-09, 10:32
One film that is a must see to all real film fans is the original "Nikita" ,a french film of such strength and realism that it leaves you as a film should,breathless and in awe ,there is a plastic hollywood remake(there always is)which is terrible.

kmahon2001
02-May-09, 11:02
perfect storm is a great film not the sort of film i would usually watch but the oh made me and i really enjoyed it very suprised

i also like deep blue sea with samuel l jackson

Isn't Deep Blue Sea the one where Samuel L Jackson gets eaten by a shark half way through the film?

Must admit though, I'm a big fan of his and often watch a film just because he's in it. Vastly underrated actor who should have got an oscar long before Denzel Washington. Sam Jackson manages to play good guys, bad guys, tough guys, funny guys and tragic guys all convincingly. He can turn his talents to any type of role. Denzel Washington plays Denzel Washington all the time and personally I don't think he deserved the oscar, even though it was obviously a political decision that year.

Hopefully, in time, Samuel L Jackson will be recognised for the great actor he is and will win an oscar for his performance, and not simply because he's black and those who vote on the oscars decide it's time to award another black actor purely for political reasons. [disgust]

Rheghead
02-May-09, 14:03
Master and Commander has to be my ho,s best sea film im fed up of seeing it.

I agree, my fav as well.

Rheghead
02-May-09, 14:16
One film that is a must see to all real film fans is the original "Nikita" ,a french film of such strength and realism that it leaves you as a film should,breathless and in awe ,there is a plastic hollywood remake(there always is)which is terrible.

For a sea film, I like to see the Fin in that film.

golach
02-May-09, 22:09
Das Boot, is being shown on BBC2 at 12:10am, all 200mins of it