PDA

View Full Version : School kids

Henrik7
01-Mar-06, 14:55
Good to see the school kids in Wick using their time not at school doing useful things such as throwing snow balls at people on the street. Just witnessed a group of 7 boys hitting a car with an old woman driving....bloody morons!!!

Whitewater
01-Mar-06, 15:04
Must agree with you, get the same at the bottom of Nicholson St, what annoys me more is the bunch of protective adults looking on and laughing, must be the senior morons.

angela5
01-Mar-06, 15:32
There seems to be quite a few gangs of snowball throwers on both sides of the town at the moment..why can't they just pelt each other rather than passing motorists..

Henrik7
01-Mar-06, 15:32
I always see the police speaking to groups going round pelting people but they never seem to take it that far. Are they not able to do anything about it?

The Angel Of Death
01-Mar-06, 15:42
I always see the police speaking to groups going round pelting people but they never seem to take it that far. Are they not able to do anything about it?
Funny i am of the same opinion me and the other half were pelted with them when she was carring a 2 year old into a house not that long ago just got a pile of check reported it to the police who said "they knew who the were" and would have a word i am almost 100 % sure that its the same "group" at the bottom of Nicholson St

Also the amount of times that i have had my car pelted for a start its dangerous and there is every chance that there will be a stone in the snowball as well would go nice with the paint work / window etc even had a lump of ice smashed of the side of the car as well good job it hit the door pillar or it would have put one of the side windows through

Just wish the police were doing the rounds on days like these an increased presence would sort it all out i'd say

erli
01-Mar-06, 15:46
Must agree with you, get the same at the bottom of Nicholson St, what annoys me more is the bunch of protective adults looking on and laughing, must be the senior morons.

I had words with them a wee while ago as I had my youngest on the sledge and it didn't seem to matter to them that he's only three.
I am sure you can imagine what response I got.

weefee
01-Mar-06, 15:51
i've had the same in thurso all day, i know most of the kids too, but still got told to "go away" - even though i was in my own garden with my 2 year old.

its mad, the teenagers harp on that they get no respect, yet when you speak to them like a normal human being you just get filled with cheek.

oh thats another snowball just hit the window, there is not even any point saying anything now as they just want a reaction.

krieve
01-Mar-06, 15:54
I walked past them a while ago in nicholson st and some of the younger members of the group tryed to throw snowballs at me and my two boys. One of the older boys told them not to probably because last year i had a go at him for throwing snowballs at the car.

unicorn
01-Mar-06, 16:13
so how about you all get together and go pelt the brats back :) or would that then be assault??

pie2000
01-Mar-06, 16:17
That sounds like a great idea unicorn :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine the reaction of people passing then haha:lol: :lol:

Whitewater
01-Mar-06, 16:20
Yes that would be assault, they would all go squealling to the police, they are all aware that they can't be touched, that is why they are so cheeky and disrespectful to anybody who tries to scold them.

unicorn
01-Mar-06, 16:22
But surely then it is also assault when they do it, so the police should take it more seriously.

Henrik7
01-Mar-06, 16:38
It is ridiculous that the police just give them a telling off. Quite a few years back I saw a car get its window smashed while the car was being driven, does it have to take something serious to happen before the police do something.

2little2late
01-Mar-06, 16:42
Gone are the days when cheeky kids would get a clip around the earhole. I remember, when I was cheeky to a neighbour she gave me a clip around the lug and it hurt, I went in crying and told my mum. When I told her I had been cheeky she added to the sore ear. "That's what you get for being cheeky" she said. I learned my lesson after that.

Too much political correctness about nowadays.

krieve
01-Mar-06, 17:05
When i was at the high school i remember going home on the bus and a group of teenage boys pelting the front win screen of the bus with snowballs. The driver was getting anger and he slammed on the brakes jumped out the bus and chased after the teenagers he go a hold of one of the boys and gave him a good scare . I also remember people throwing snowballs at the depute and the rector they would go mad

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_11.gif

2little2late
01-Mar-06, 17:12
Talking of buses and snow reminds of a story a friend told me when I lived in Hull.

When it snowed heavily, kids used to make giant snowmen in the middle of the road and the buses used to drive through them and knock them over. Anyway, one day there was a giant snow man in the middle of the road as the bus approached, it carried on through the snowman only for there to be a fridge inside the snowman.[lol] [lol]

captainbubba
01-Mar-06, 17:40
throwing snowballs at people and cars is caused by boredom i would say,
what else is there for youths to do in wick???
left years ago i dont miss the place 1 bit. everytime i return there is less to
see or do, really diappointing

DW
01-Mar-06, 18:11
Oh, and I suppose none of you old foggies ever did anything wrong when you were a bairn.

No nonononono , " we were all nice orderly kids who stayed in and did our homework."

Come on, times change but a snowball is still a snowball, any minute now I expect the first -
" bring back the birch, bring back National service, it wasn't like that when I was at school!".

erli
01-Mar-06, 18:16
Oh, and I suppose none of you old foggies ever did anything wrong when you were a bairn.

No nonononono , " we were all nice orderly kids who stayed in and did our homework."

Come on, times change but a snowball is still a snowball, any minute now I expect the first -
" bring back the birch, bring back National service, it wasn't like that when I was at school!".

Sorry Betty, but I NEVER threw snowballs at 2 or 3 year old kids when I was a teenager.

pie2000
01-Mar-06, 18:25
Yes that would be assault, they would all go squealling to the police, they are all aware that they can't be touched, that is why they are so cheeky and disrespectful to anybody who tries to scold them.

We could also do the skweeky voice and say ' they hit me first' [lol]

badger
01-Mar-06, 18:25

Nothing wrong with children throwing snowballs at each other if it's fun. Throwing snowballs at cars, small children and elderly people is in a different category altogether - it's not harmess naughtiness, it's dangerous and should be treated seriously.

angela5
01-Mar-06, 19:00
Come on, times change but a snowball is still a snowball

Aye, but its pretty sore when it gets you in the face..:eyes

Shadow
01-Mar-06, 19:16
Since I'm a teenager, I would just like to say that the majority of teenagers don't throw snowballs at oncoming cars, only the general idiots and neds do that.
I was having a snowball fight today, and even though I got hit in the face about 5 times, and now have a pounding headache, I still found it a lot more fun than pelting snowballs at cars and buses, not that I ever have!!
So please would you not stereotype all teenagers before hearing both sides.

DW
01-Mar-06, 19:22
Since I'm a teenager, I would just like to say that the majority of teenagers don't throw snowballs at oncoming cars, only the general idiots and neds do that.
I was having a snowball fight today, and even though I got hit in the face about 5 times, and now have a pounding headache, I still found it a lot more fun than pelting snowballs at cars and buses, not that I ever have!!
So please would you not stereotype all teenagers before hearing both sides.

Well said Shadow, that's the point I was trying to make. Notice how quickly the 'I never did it brigade' shot out of the woodwork. Well I did throw snowballs at buses and lorries etc, a big moving target was always fun to hit.

And no quips about 'girls cannae throw' either......

Of course no half decent teenager is going to throw snowballs at wee bairns and the elderly but some of these 'older' people on this site have gie selective memories I fancy.

angela5
01-Mar-06, 19:51
Sweatybetty, you are saying you did throw snowballs at buses and lorries etc, a big moving target was always fun to hit..

Shawdow says in his post only the general idiots and neds do that..[lol] [lol]

DW
01-Mar-06, 20:04
Sweatybetty, you are saying you did throw snowballs at buses and lorries etc, a big moving target was always fun to hit..

Shawdow says in his post only the general idiots and neds do that..[lol] [lol]
Oh dear Angela, you sweet sweet thing you, have another look

so, she actually spoke about cars (get the facts right), and I didn't say I threw them at cars.

And anyway, where did Sweaty ever say she wasn't a ned or an idiot?

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 20:12
Well said Shadow, that's the point I was trying to make. Notice how quickly the 'I never did it brigade' shot out of the woodwork. Well I did throw snowballs at buses and lorries etc, a big moving target was always fun to hit.

And no quips about 'girls cannae throw' either......

Of course no half decent teenager is going to throw snowballs at wee bairns and the elderly but some of these 'older' people on this site have gie selective memories I fancy.

Well I'm not a teenager any more but not long past it and I must say that I never threw snowballs at any vehicles. And neither did any of my friends or most people I know. I really can't see what is fun about endangering people. I doubt the other responders to this thread do have selective memories. They probably just weren't as selfish as you.. even if it was fun to do(which I don't see how) surely anyone could see the danger. Yes I did participate in snowball fights but only with other people who were also playing!

angela5
01-Mar-06, 20:23
Okay Sweatybetty you sweet, sweet thing you.. i hold my hands up!
big lorries and buses you targeted-Not cars..:eyes

DW
01-Mar-06, 20:45
Well I'm not a teenager any more but not long past it and I must say that I never threw snowballs at any vehicles. And neither did any of my friends or most people I know. I really can't see what is fun about endangering people. I doubt the other responders to this thread do have selective memories. They probably just weren't as selfish as you.. even if it was fun to do(which I don't see how) surely anyone could see the danger. Yes I did participate in snowball fights but only with other people who were also playing!

The point is, people, we are now talking about balls of snow hitting metal vehicles of one ton or more - not exocet missiles hitting toddlers in their prams

LIGHTEN UP AND STOP SOUNDING SO SANCTIMONIOUSLY TWEE

This is fun :D

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 20:49
The point is, people, we are now talking about balls of snow hitting metal vehicles of one ton or more - not exocet missiles hitting toddlers in their prams

This is fun :D

hmm well as far as I can see it is still dangerous.

The Angel Of Death
01-Mar-06, 20:50
So the car i drive is actually a tank in disguise what would you say to a couple of stone chips on the car because of a stone in a snowball or a cracked window ???

who is to say that next time its not an old wiffie driving the car who panics and hits another car / wall or even worse a kid

Read the first post i made been on the end of it a few times quite lucky that someone hasnt been hurt so far

On top of that been on the end of a few snowballs in the face not that many years ago and lets just say its not exactly a barrell of laugh's

Shadow
01-Mar-06, 20:52

The thing is that a snowball hitting your car can be distracting if you dont know what it is, and therefore can possibly cause needless accidents. Which could be prevented if the police and other adults were to be more strict towards the trouble makers

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 20:55
The thing is that a snowball hitting the side of your car can be distracting if you dont know what it is, and therefore can possibly cause needless accidents. Which could be prevented if the police and other adults were to be more strict towards the trouble makers

Exceedingly well said. Bravo, Bravo!!

DW
01-Mar-06, 21:06
Dear oh dear.
I am talking about snowballs - made of snow - with nothing inside - just snow.

I am not talking about stones in snowballs, bricks in snowballs, cars with cracked windows, folk being hit in the pus, old wifeys being targetted, toddlers being covered in tons of snow, avalanches on top of babies crawling about the carpet.

SNOWBALLS - BALLS OF SNOW.

But what if someone made a snowball and hid a particle of plutonium in it, and I accidently opened my mouth and the snowball went in and I swallowed the snowball and the plutonium and then died a horrible grisly death.

Well the police and responsible adults would have to talk to the trouble-makers then eh?

PERSPECTIVE PLEASE, NOT CREATIVE WRITING :roll:

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 21:09
Dear oh dear.
I am talking about snowballs - made of snow - with nothing inside - just snow.

I am not talking about stones in snowballs, bricks in snowballs, cars with cracked windows, folk being hit in the pus, old wifeys being targetted, toddlers being covered in tons of snow, avalanches on top of babies crawling about the carpet.

SNOWBALLS - BALLS OF SNOW.

But what if someone made a snowball and hid a particle of plutonium in it, and I accidently opened my mouth and the snowball went in and I swallowed the snowball and the plutonium and then died a horrible grisly death.

Well the police and responsible adults would have to talk to the trouble-makers then eh?

PERSPECTIVE PLEASE, NOT CREATIVE WRITING :roll:

I think gravel being caught in the snowball is an awful lot more likely than a particle of plutonium. Especially considering the amount of snow we get here. Also what about the distraction factor that Shadow mentioned. Are you saying that throwing snowballs at powerful vehicles is a safe thing to do?

angela5
01-Mar-06, 21:23

Sweatybetty have you seen the size of a snowball lately? pretty big they are!
Try not to yawn when your outside just incase.[lol] [lol] [lol]

Bingobabe
01-Mar-06, 21:28

" bring back the birch, bring back National service, it wasn't like that when I was at school!".I rember reading in the paper a few years ago about a taxi driver that got hit in the eye with a snow ball. While he was driving past a group of youths and the taxi driver lost control of the car for a few moments as the taxi driver was so mad he got out of the taxi and grabbed the youth and shook him and the youth went to the police and the taxi driver got in quite a bit of bother but this could of been a serious accident if someone was crossing the road at the time this happened thankfully it wasnt and this was caused by a snowball sweaty betty:(

DW
01-Mar-06, 21:32
I think gravel being caught in the snowball is an awful lot more likely than a particle of plutonium. Especially considering the amount of snow we get here. Also what about the distraction factor that Shadow mentioned. Are you saying that throwing snowballs at powerful vehicles is a safe thing to do?

I don't believe I made any judgement about that which is safe/unsafe.

Is a snowball any more 'dangerous than a numpty trying to light a cigarette whilst driving? Or waving to a passerby?

Yet again you are indulging in creative writing i.e. gravel. That was my point about plutonium.
Too many people writing here, have this ridiculous urge to see the blackest, worst-case-scenario acted out upon their poor wee lives.

In the name of Allah, keep a sense of perspective and leave the bairns alone.

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 21:37
I don't believe I made any judgement about that which is safe/unsafe.

Is a snowball any more 'dangerous than a numpty trying to light a cigarette whilst driving? Or waving to a passerby?

Yet again you are indulging in creative writing i.e. gravel. That was my point about plutonium.
Too many people writing here, have this ridiculous urge to see the blackest, worst-case-scenario acted out upon their poor wee lives.

In the name of Allah, keep a sense of perspective and leave the bairns alone.

I still think that scooping gravel up along with the snowball is infinitely more likely than the plutonium. Also people lighting up or waving know what they are doing.. they aren't surprised but it and they are accounting for it. I have no problem with either scenario.

Shadow
01-Mar-06, 21:37
Now that you mention it, I have heard of a lot of people dying of plutonium poisoning after being hit in the mouth with a snowball! Lol!!!

DW
01-Mar-06, 22:16
I still think that scooping gravel up along with the snowball is infinitely more likely than the plutonium. Also people lighting up or waving know what they are doing.. they aren't surprised but it and they are accounting for it. I have no problem with either scenario.

So you think it safe for someone to try and set fire to a flammable object three inches in front of their face whilst using one hand to drive a powerful vehicle along streets where mothers with babies and toddlers, and dottled old wifeys and mannies are walking about.

And you call snowballing dangerous?

Whoops I think I hear the sound of someone shooting themself in the foot!!!:evil

katarina
01-Mar-06, 22:24
Good to see the school kids in Wick using their time not at school doing useful things such as throwing snow balls at people on the street. Just witnessed a group of 7 boys hitting a car with an old woman driving....bloody morons!!!

My son's windscreen was hit obscuring his vision and there was a stone in the snowball. He had the baby in the car and had to brake suddenly. He got out of the car and shouted at them that they'd nearly caused an accident, and only got sworn at and the height of abuse. this was in the high street in the middle of town!

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 22:27
So you think it safe for someone to try and set fire to a flammable object three inches in front of their face whilst using one hand to drive a powerful vehicle along streets where mothers with babies and toddlers, and dottled old wifeys and mannies are walking about.

And you call snowballing dangerous?

Whoops I think I hear the sound of someone shooting themself in the foot!!!:evil

Yes I do think its safe. The driver can still use both hands to drive. And I still think having your car hit by a snowball would be pretty distracting.
I don't drive or smoke so what I'm saying is just opinion.

katarina
01-Mar-06, 22:28
And anyway, where did Sweaty ever say she wasn't a ned or an idiot?

I think we got the picture sweaty.

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 22:30
My son's windscreen was hit obscuring his vision and there was a stone in the snowball. He had the baby in the car and had to brake suddenly. He got out of the car and shouted at them that they'd nearly caused an accident, and only got sworn at and the height of abuse. this was in the high street in the middle of town!

That is terrible!!! I don't know why/how some people are defending this!

DW
01-Mar-06, 22:35
I think we got the picture sweaty.

Oh Katerina, you are sooooo cutting. I think we get the picture with you too, too sweet to be wholesome maybe :o)

Is there no other person who thinks that there is a difference between a kid throwing a SNOWBALL and a 'ned' throwing a ball of snow with a stone in it?

Is there no-one else who did something like this when they were a school-kid.
I do not believe that .org is populated by such a perfect bunch of stepford people with no sense of perspective who live(d) such perfect lives.

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 22:40

That's awful. They have no respect for anyone

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 22:44
Oh Katerina, you are sooooo cutting. I think we get the picture with you too, too sweet to be wholesome maybe :o)

Is there no other person who thinks that there is a difference between a kid throwing a SNOWBALL and a 'ned' throwing a ball of snow with a stone in it?

Is there no-one else who did something like this when they were a school-kid.
I do not believe that .org is populated by such a perfect bunch of stepford people with no sense of perspective who live(d) such perfect lives.

There is a difference. But when I was a kid and threw a snowball I was always conscious that I didn't want to hurt anyone, you get the feeling that kids don't have that instinct anymore.

DW
01-Mar-06, 22:51
There is a difference. But when I was a kid and threw a snowball I was always conscious that I didn't want to hurt anyone, you get the feeling that kids don't have that instinct anymore.

Why do people lump all kids together?

That's my problem with this type of thread!!!!

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 22:54

Perhaps I should qualify that.........almost all the kids I've come in contact with apart from those of my own friends and family. :)

phoenix
01-Mar-06, 22:54
When my boys were young they were caught throwing snowballs at traffic pasing by. One of the drivers about turned caught them took them home and informed us of what they were up to, they didnt do it again........ at least not that Im aware of! [smirk]

And when I was young many moons ago two boys were chucking snowballs at me, ended up in hospital having stitches put in my head........never been the same since :confused......... snowballs do hurt when there's rocks in them, whether accidental or deliberate! There's fun and there's fun! [mad]

And I never ever threw snowballs at traffic cause Im a good girl! [smirk]

DW
01-Mar-06, 22:55

Selective memory again - you never threw a snowball at another person?
You just threw it to watch the pretty white stuff burst against them?
You never ever hit anyone on the head. Or is 'accidentally' hurting someone OK?

ice box
01-Mar-06, 22:57
I bet we all loved a good snowball fight when we were kids,teenagers i did i was no angel but had sense not to throw snowballs at car's, buses, lorries whats the fun in that totally pointless .

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 23:02
Selective memory again - you never threw a snowball at another person?
Yes, but I when I did, I was always conscious that I didn't want to hurt anyone.

You just threw it to watch the pretty white stuff burst against them?
Well, yeah, pretty much.

You never ever hit anyone on the head. Or is 'accidentally' hurting someone OK?

Not with a snowball, no.
If I had done that, I certainly wouldn't have sworn at them and give them abuse when they complained.

See my previous post.

Bingobabe
01-Mar-06, 23:06

I dont think anyone is saying all kids are bad or evil but there are a majority that seem to pretty bad at the moment. Just today i seen a group of youngsters throw snowballs at a row of penisoners houses and run of laughing as they know exactly what there doing. Do you rember about a year ago an elderly couple who had an awful time with these tearaways banging on their door and the man died from a heart attack trying to chase them

Shadow
01-Mar-06, 23:11
I dont think anyone is saying all kids are bad or evil but there are a majority that seem to pretty bad at the moment. Just today i seen a group of youngsters throw snowballs at a row of penisoners houses and run of laughing as they know exactly what there doing. Do you rember about a year ago an elderly couple who had an awful time with these tearaways banging on their door and the man died from a heart attack trying to chase them

I wouldn't call them the majority, the only reason that they're even noticed is the way they've been acting, so its taking the attention away from the other pupils who do not cause trouble. Because there are those neds making all the trouble though, I believe it is affecting all of the kids at that age group, including the schooling!!!

ice box
01-Mar-06, 23:20
yes shadow is right in saying that, it is not all of the teenagers that go about causing a nuisance of them selfs just a few and the well behaved ones don't get any recognition for working hard at school the trouble makers take that away from them. There should be more praise given out to the good kids.

Shadow
01-Mar-06, 23:25
I don't mean to sound selfish, but I don't think its fair on my friends and I at school, who can't even concentrate in class because of the 2 or 3 numptys in a class of 25 mucking around!!!

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 23:32
I don't mean to sound selfish, but I don't think its fair on my friends and I at school, who can't even concentrate in class because of the 2 or 3 numptys in a class of 25 mucking around!!!

The impression I've been getting it that sweaty is one of those few.

Whitewater
01-Mar-06, 23:43

:roll:

Should we be so lucky ???

DW
01-Mar-06, 23:45
The impression I've been getting it that sweaty is one of those few.

And that is the problem we have today - 'grown-ups' ( physically but not mentally) jumping to baseless conclusions, making wild assumptions and then alienating kids.

Why don't you get of your high horse and do something for the kids instead of just bleating on about them.

You may also notice that Sweaty has a better grasp of grammar and spelling than most of the alleged 'grown-up' posters on this thread.

But she's bad and evil because she admits to throwing snowballs - what a joke you are.

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 23:49
And that is the problem we have today - 'grown-ups' ( physically but not mentally) jumping to baseless conclusions, making wild assumptions and then alienating kids.

Why don't you get of your high horse and do something for the kids instead of just bleating on about them.

You may also notice that Sweaty has a better grasp of grammar and spelling than most of the alleged 'grown-up' posters on this thread.

But she's bad and evil because she admits to throwing snowballs - what a joke you are.

I always enjoy your posts SweatyBetty, though I rarely agree with them :p
but I was wondering why you always refer to yourself in the third person?

DW
01-Mar-06, 23:53
I always enjoy your posts SweatyBetty, though I rarely agree with them :p
but I was wondering why you always refer to yourself in the third person?

Sweaty is very preshshshshshshsious :)

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 23:55
Sweaty is very preshshshshshshsious :)

Well that explains it.

:lol:

Shadow
02-Mar-06, 00:00
Should we be so lucky ???

Lol!!!![lol]

knightofeth
02-Mar-06, 00:15

Thats actually a good point - the jumping to conclusions one that is. And actually my comment earlier was made tongue in cheek :) And yes you're grammmer and spelling is, thankfully, a lot better than most on here (mine included unfortunately).

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 00:30
Thats actually a good point - the jumping to conclusions one that is. And actually my comment earlier was made tongue in cheek :) And yes you're grammmer and spelling is, thankfully, a lot better than most on here (mine included unfortunately).
I dont belive any of you should judge anyones spelling and grammar many people may have difficultly my punticalitly and spelling is awful but that is for a reason!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 00:33

But she's bad and evil because she admits to throwing snowballs - what a joke you are.You talk about people being grown ups but it seems that you are quite immature for taking such a low dig at peoples spelling and grammar isnt that childish

DW
02-Mar-06, 00:34
I dont belive any of you should judge anyones spelling and grammar many people may have difficultly my punticalitly and spelling is awful but that is for a reason!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Nope, sorry bingobabe, you can't post here unless you are having a go at kids.

We are not getting into grammar etc., Sweaty was just defending herself earlier. If you mention grammar and spelling again then we may have to resurrect jjc :) :evil

angela5
02-Mar-06, 00:37

Bingobabe i'm not great on spelling and grammer either, for someone to point this out to a person is disrespectful. Thankfully i have'nt seen much of this on here.
Disregard any comments :grin:

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 00:41
Nope, sorry bingobabe, you can't post here unless you are having a go at kids.

We are not getting into grammar etc., Sweaty was just defending herself earlier. If you mention grammar and spelling again then we may have to resurrect jjc :) :evilIf i may add you were the one who mentioned peoples poor grammar and spelling and i was defending myself and others who have problems in this area and i am entitled to do so if i wish!!!!!!!

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 00:42
Bingobabe i'm not great on spelling and grammer either, for someone to point this out to a person is disrespectful. Thankfully i have'nt seen much of this on here.
Disregard any comments :grin:totally agree

ice box
02-Mar-06, 00:43
i personally think nobody should remark on someones spelling and grammer i should'nt matter that is my opinion.

angela5
02-Mar-06, 00:45
i personally think nobody should remark on someones spelling and grammer i should'nt matter that is my opinion.

It's down right rude.

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 00:46
No it shouldnt matter but some people like to make themselves feel better by adding cheapshots its sad but true

DW
02-Mar-06, 09:29

OK, this is keeechh if you really think that spelling and grammar don't matter then that's fine.

You just have to look at the posts which have no punctuation etc, to discover how easy it is for someone to misunderstand an inaccurate post.
Sometimes using 'your' instead of 'you're' can make things sound entirely different and that is the problem.

Anyway, if we are talking about peoples' poor wee feelings getting hurt, what about the comments wanting Sweaty to swallow plutonium!!!!! [lol]

You folk make Sweaty laff (oops, slypd oot) laugh out aloud, or is it allowed???

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 10:19
OK, this is keeechh if you really think that spelling and grammar don't matter then that's fine.

You just have to look at the posts which have no punctuation etc, to discover how easy it is for someone to misunderstand an inaccurate post.
Sometimes using 'your' instead of 'you're' can make things sound entirely different and that is the problem.

Anyway, if we are talking about peoples' poor wee feelings getting hurt, what about the comments wanting Sweaty to swallow plutonium!!!!! [lol]

You folk make Sweaty laff (oops, slypd oot) laugh out aloud, or is it allowed???As i thought your childish grow up dont need people like you in the world

DW
02-Mar-06, 11:00
As i thought your childish grow up dont need people like you in the world

Now this illustrates my point -

Do you mean

As I thought, you're childish, grow up, (we) don't need people like you in the world.

or do you mean
As I thought, your childish don't need people like you in the world. (my childish what? doesn't need people in the world)
Maybe we should start a thread where people could try to help each other with masic grammar and spelling......................

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 11:07
Now this illustrates my point -

Do you mean

As I thought, you're childish, grow up, (we) don't need people like you in the world.

or do you mean
As I thought, your childish don't need people like you in the world. (my childish what? doesn't need people in the world)
Maybe we should start a thread where people could try to help each other with masic grammar and spelling......................
You are sad when you feel the need to corrective peoples grammar or spelling you really must have alot of time on your hands

golach
02-Mar-06, 11:13
we may have to resurrect jjc

Why? :confused:

DW
02-Mar-06, 12:21
You are sad when you feel the need to corrective peoples grammar or spelling you really must have alot of time on your hands

Maybe I genuinely want to help???

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 12:37
Maybe I genuinely want to help???

I understand where you're coming from but as the old saying goes you can't edgeifvate pork Betty me old pal:~(

DW
02-Mar-06, 12:52
I understand where you're coming from but as the old saying goes you can't edgeifvate pork Betty me old pal:~(

Sweaty is lost - what is this -edgeifvate? Poor old dumb Sweaty.

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 13:02
Sweaty is lost - what is this -edgeifvate? Poor old dumb Sweaty.

Well just what i said, well you see i was edgeifvated at wick north then high,so who,s to blame, me for being thick or the thick teachers that teeeched me.:(

DW
02-Mar-06, 13:58
Well just what i said, well you see i was edgeifvated at wick north then high,so who,s to blame, me for being thick or the thick teachers that teeeched me.:(
I expect chillie, that like many people you were the victim of an educational fashion.
These policies are forced on to teachers, who then have to follow the daft ideas which result in a whole generation having little or no grasp of grammar or spelling.
It's not you or the teachers who are thick but the education mandarins who make these ludicrous policies.

Henrik7
02-Mar-06, 15:18
i'd just like to thank the 7 morons who hit my car with snowballs and put a nice big scratch on it for me to repair while I was driving down the street.

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 15:24
[quote=Henrik7]Good to see the school kids in Wick using their time not at school doing useful things such as throwing snow balls at people on the street. Just witnessed a group of 7 boys hitting a car with an old woman driving....bloody morons!!![/quote

When was that.:confused:

Henrik7
02-Mar-06, 16:02
It happened yesterday. I'm just sick of passing certain teenagers who think it's funny to hit anyone with a snowball. I had my two month old daughter in the car when they decided to pelt my car. Would they still be laughing if I crashed straight into a wall.

pulteney person
02-Mar-06, 16:06
I thought this thread was about youngsters throwing snowballs, not about people's command of the English language and its correct use.

I'm sick of the same few 6 - 8 year olds pelting cars with snowballs outside the One Stop Shop at the bottom of Nicolson street. Hopefully the snow will be gone by the weekend (fingers crossed)

By the way - I come from Pulteney and believe it or not - I can read and write and I'm not too bad at the old grammar and punctuation thing either!!:)

I don't think people on here should be pointing out others lack of grammar and punctuation skills. I mean, it would be a pretty uninteresting world if we were all perfect, wouldn't it? :Razz

There are plenty things that I'm not good at, therefore, I'm in no position to point out other people's shortfalls :mad:

Think I'll head for the bottom of Nicolson street with my super soaker. That will send them home quickly. Hmm, unless their parents are wondering where they are - I somehow doubt that very much.

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 16:19
It happened yesterday. I'm just sick of passing certain teenagers who think it's funny to hit anyone with a snowball. I had my two month old daughter in the car when they decided to pelt my car. Would they still be laughing if I crashed straight into a wall.

:confused: are you calling yourself an old lady? or are you saying that the 7 youths who hit an old lady's car with snowballs yesturday, was the same 7 that hit your car yesturday aswell? i am really confused by your postings i was just reading your first post on this thread??

if indeed it was yesturday and the same 7 youths, why you begin your thread without any mention of yourself?

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 16:20

this is the post i mean:eyes

Henrik7
02-Mar-06, 16:29
That happened yesterday, I got my car hit today.

Henrik7
02-Mar-06, 16:30
It wasn't the same youths

weefee
02-Mar-06, 16:36
Personally i never threw snowballs at cars, or at old people or at wee bairns, though i did get up to plenty of mischief when i was a bairn and was far from a wee angel.

Do parents not speak to their children about the dangers of throwing them at old people who could slip and seriously hurt themselves, these people are vunerable. They are now seen as easy targets who are easy to wind up.

When i spoke to the kids here, and i mean spoke, not swear or shout, but politely and respectively ask them not to throw snowballs at my window as they were scaring my daughter, i was met with loads of abuse.

I dont' know if Betty has children but i really hope that she doesn't use the "its only a snowball" theme, when someone goes to her door wanting compensation for a broken window or damaged car which her child has caused as a consequence of their actions. Would she be as easy osey then? If she is happy for her kids to go out and pelt buses and lorries, then i hope she is equally as happy to explain to them the possible outcomes of their actions and equally happy to put her hand in her pocket and pay for the damage her children have caused.

I'm not so sure that it wouldn't affect the child if, after throwing a snowball at a car, it crashes and kills or seriously injures its occupants. I really hope the response then isn't "don't worry love it was only a snowball"

I'm sure Betty would be a very responsible parent and explain to her children that their actions have a consequence. Grammar and spelling aren't the only forms of education, teaching children to be responsible for their actions and respect other members of the community is equally important.

Finally, snowballs are fun, when you want to be involved in a snowball fight, my daughter and i had a mini fight yesterday and we had a great craic...snowballs are not fun when you are driving, with small children or elderly and don't want to participate.

Henrik7
02-Mar-06, 16:50
Personally i never threw snowballs at cars, or at old people or at wee bairns, though i did get up to plenty of mischief when i was a bairn and was far from a wee angel.

Do parents not speak to their children about the dangers of throwing them at old people who could slip and seriously hurt themselves, these people are vunerable. They are now seen as easy targets who are easy to wind up.

When i spoke to the kids here, and i mean spoke, not swear or shout, but politely and respectively ask them not to throw snowballs at my window as they were scaring my daughter, i was met with loads of abuse.

I dont' know if Betty has children but i really hope that she doesn't use the "its only a snowball" theme, when someone goes to her door wanting compensation for a broken window or damaged car which her child has caused as a consequence of their actions. Would she be as easy osey then? If she is happy for her kids to go out and pelt buses and lorries, then i hope she is equally as happy to explain to them the possible outcomes of their actions and equally happy to put her hand in her pocket and pay for the damage her children have caused.

I'm not so sure that it wouldn't affect the child if, after throwing a snowball at a car, it crashes and kills or seriously injures its occupants. I really hope the response then isn't "don't worry love it was only a snowball"

I'm sure Betty would be a very responsible parent and explain to her children that their actions have a consequence. Grammar and spelling aren't the only forms of education, teaching children to be responsible for their actions and respect other members of the community is equally important.

Finally, snowballs are fun, when you want to be involved in a snowball fight, my daughter and i had a mini fight yesterday and we had a great craic...snowballs are not fun when you are driving, with small children or elderly and don't want to participate.

Well said!!

The Angel Of Death
02-Mar-06, 17:26
i'd just like to thank the 7 morons who hit my car with snowballs and put a nice big scratch on it for me to repair while I was driving down the street.
Ach just remember its only a snowball its not got things like stones or tiny bits of plutonium in them they cant cause damage to cars there only light fluffy balls of snow more like cotton wool [smirk]

DW
02-Mar-06, 18:23
SNIP

YADAYADAYADA

Harrrrruuuummmph Harrrrruuuummmph Harrrrruuuummmph

Sweaty's bairns have better things to do, but if you let me know where you live and what car you drive we could come and make a special effort. [lol]
Snowballs, Snowballs, Snowballs, Snowballs, 's no balls aboot..

katarina
02-Mar-06, 19:55
Ach just remember its only a snowball its not got things like stones or tiny bits of plutonium in them they cant cause damage to cars there only light fluffy balls of snow more like cotton wool [smirk]

If that fluffy ball of snow sticks to you widscreen and obscures you vision enen if it's only for the time it takes to switch on the wipers, it still could have disasterous effects!

katarina
02-Mar-06, 20:00
I dont' know if Betty has children but i really hope that she doesn't use the "its only a snowball" theme, when someone goes to her door wanting compensation for a broken window or damaged car which her child has caused as a consequence of their actions. Would she be as easy osey then? .

and would she be as easy osey if the car swerved and hit her said child?
Or if she was driving the car that was subsequently involved in the accident?
And as to the cheek and abuse, obviously some parents don't teach their children any respect for adults at all.

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 20:01
What the heck kinda society do you live in are you pair trying to say that people with poor grammar are stupid and have no education.I am in disbelife reading some of your statements is it so hard for you two to understand that some people actullay have learning disabilitys such as dyslexia the only stupid people that are on here are people like you who have no grasp on realilty.By the way you seem to have spelt educate wrong so if you are perfect then you may critise but your not

weefee
02-Mar-06, 20:05

Sweaty's bairns have better things to do, but if you let me know where you live and what car you drive we could come and make a special effort. [lol]

;) just the response i expected

Ojibwa
02-Mar-06, 20:06
Maybe you should all meet up and have a big snowball fight!!!

Here are a couple of funnies so everyone can CHILL out He He!!!!

Splosh, that hit me in the face,
Thwack, and in my belly!
Fizz, that took my wooly hat,
And dripped into my wellies!

Whoosh, hehe I got him back,
Oops! But that one's missed!
Now they're coming thick and fast,
Snowy balls as big as fists!

It must be time to call a truce,
Before I'm soaked right through!
My brother's just too good at this,
And my hands are turning blue!

But snowball fights are such good fun,
Even though it's cold and wet!
So just one more and here it goes,
Splat! I got him on his neck!

I made myself a snowball
As perfect as could be
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me
I made it some pyjamas
And a pillow for it's head
Then last night it ran away
But first it wet the bed.

Enjoy :0)

Tristan
02-Mar-06, 20:18
Maybe you should all meet up and have a big snowball fight!!!

Here are a couple of funnies so everyone can CHILL out He He!!!!

Splosh, that hit me in the face,
Thwack, and in my belly!
Fizz, that took my wooly hat,
And dripped into my wellies!

Whoosh, hehe I got him back,
Oops! But that one's missed!
Now they're coming thick and fast,
Snowy balls as big as fists!

It must be time to call a truce,
Before I'm soaked right through!
My brother's just too good at this,
And my hands are turning blue!

But snowball fights are such good fun,
Even though it's cold and wet!
So just one more and here it goes,
Splat! I got him on his neck!

I made myself a snowball
As perfect as could be
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me
I made it some pyjamas
And a pillow for it's head
Then last night it ran away
But first it wet the bed.

Enjoy :0)

Laff...well put.
There is nothing better than a snowball fight between consenting individuals - they are one of the best parts of winter.

weefee
02-Mar-06, 20:24
Laff...well put.
There is nothing better than a snowball fight between consenting individuals - they are one of the best parts of winter.

definately agree, right good craic.....snowman building too, hope mine doesn't get pinched!!!!

katarina
02-Mar-06, 22:03
definately agree, right good craic.....snowman building too, hope mine doesn't get pinched!!!!

Jest not! this actually happened to a friend of mine. Built a snowman in the front garden for the kids, went out next day and there was nothing left but the tracks of the sledge that carried him away!

DW
03-Mar-06, 10:36
OK boys and girls, Sweaty has had the heavy hand of BIG BROTHER laid upon her.

Another user has pointed out her Identity to the Obergruppenfuhrer N. Fernie.

It would appear that if admin don't like your posts they send you an email with a thinly veiled threat to 'out' you.

Sweaty's final post is this.

At no time in this thread did Sweaty encourage throwing snowballs, with stones or anything else in them, at vehicles or other humans.

I admitted to throwing SNOWballs at buses etc when young.

I am sick and tired of people in this forum lumping all of our youngsters together as if they are all evil .

Sort out the wrongdoers by all means, but don't tar all our young people by the same brush, just remember they have been brought up by people of your generation.

Sweaty OUT.

unicorn
03-Mar-06, 11:06
That may be so but at no time did you say that what the children in question were doing is wrong. I didn't report you but I can understand why someone would, as you seemed determined to make a serious thread (in which people voiced genuine concerns) an absolute joke.

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 11:28
Well said sweaty. Maybe in ten years time some of these neds will be on here complaining about kids throwing snowballs at their cars.;)

DW
03-Mar-06, 11:32
That may be so but at no time did you say that what the children in question were doing is wrong. I didn't report you but I can understand why someone would, as you seemed determined to make a serious thread (in which people voiced genuine concerns) an absolute joke.

Read the last post again

"At no time in this thread did Sweaty encourage throwing snowballs, with stones or anything else in them, at vehicles or other humans."

Just because I don't say fraud/murder or whatever is wrong does not mean I think people should do it.

Try and grasp the meaning of what I say. I am supporting the vast majority of our young people; and I think that is an equally serious subject.

I certainly do not react well to being threatened by anyone.[evil]

Niall Fernie
03-Mar-06, 12:36
Instead of a private message, where my comments were made, SweatyBetty has decided to make a public statement. One which seem to be backtracking a little and trying to get away from the fact that SweatyBetty thinks its fine to throw snowballs at vehicles.

This type of thinking I can understand, but not from someone in the position that I know that SweatyBetty holds. My Private Message was no threat, I pointed out the fact that the Police and others have a different view of throwing snowballs at cars/busses/lorrys this is of course due to the criminal damage that can be caused. (Damage that I have suffered this week. £160 for a new windscreen makes a nasty dent in the holiday fund) If SweatyBetty thinks this was a veiled threat to out SweatyBetty, then SweatyBetty was wrong. As SweatyBetty's identity is known to quite a few of our forum members I don't see that there would be much point in me being the one to do it, what would I gain from that?

SweatyBetty should realise that "secrets" are not secret in Caithness for very long and whoever SweatyBetty has revealed SweatyBetty's self to has spilled the beans via private message to more than one user of the forum with the question "Can you believe this person holds the position they do with these opinions?". So SweatyBetty should realise that it was not only myself who was shocked to find out SweatyBetty's real identity. It certainly changed my opinion of the person.

Perhaps my message to SweatyBetty was a kneejerk reaction to comments that suddenly affected me personally combined with the information on SweatyBetty's identity but it was done in private and there was no childish name-calling involved so I don't see what SweatyBetty hopes to gain by bringing it to the attention of everyone on the forum. If SweatyBetty wants to come on here and slag me off for my message, one that I never posted publicly, then so be it. It won't be the first time, and probably won't be the last.

DW
03-Mar-06, 14:27
Instead of a private message, where my comments were made, SweatyBetty has decided to make a public statement. One which seem to be backtracking a little and trying to get away from the fact that SweatyBetty thinks its fine to throw snowballs at vehicles.

I admitted to doing it when younger and also said that a SNOWball is comparatively harmless compared to a car.

SNIP

SNIP It certainly changed my opinion of the person.

Perhaps my message to SweatyBetty was a kneejerk reaction to comments that suddenly affected me personally combined with the information on SweatyBetty's identity but it was done in private and there was no childish name-calling involved so I don't see what SweatyBetty hopes to gain by bringing it to the attention of everyone on the forum. If SweatyBetty wants to come on here and slag me off for my message, one that I never posted publicly, then so be it. It won't be the first time, and probably won't be the last.
Mmmmmm, that last paragraph really gives it all away doesn't it.

The last time I checked we lived in a country that enjoyed freedom of speech and freedom of thought. It is clear that several small-minded people (including some admin staff) who use this facilityfeel that others should not be allowed to express their opinions or thoughts .

I completely stand by the thrust of all my posts on this thread i.e. there are hundreds of ordinary pleasant kids in this town who are being lumped in with the bad ones. Those clever people who know who I am also know the kind of standards I have in my professional life.If they think that my opinions as expressed in this post denigrate those standards then they really need to seek help.

As for other peoples' opinion of me, that is not something that troubles me. In my job, you develop a thick skin.

Too often the kids of this town are slagged off by 'grown-ups', and yes I work with all the kids good and bad, every single day and I will not stand by and let those good kids be slagged off. I enjoy every single minute I spend with these kids and am grateful for the terrific relationships I have with so many.

That an administrator abused their position because of the actions of idiots should be of real concern to ALL the users of this site.

Many thanks to all those who have emailed and PM'd me with their support.

weefee
03-Mar-06, 14:45
Sweaty Betty said
"I certainly do not react well to being threatened by anyone.[evil][/quote]

Originally Posted by SweatyBetty

But i guess it is ok for you to make threats.....i feel that Betty suffers from double standards, think a nerve has been touched.

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 15:05
My god, leave sweaty alone.
She's going to send her hitkids round to snowball your cars, wow what a threat, get the police.
She never condoned snowballing cars, just said it is something a lot of kids do and have done over the years, something she has done herself.
Shall we take her out and place her in stocks and snowball her?
I don't think for a second that sweaty would condone children as young as three being pelted with snowballs or anybody else just minding their own business.

unicorn
03-Mar-06, 15:08
yet she never once said that or implied it.....

katarina
03-Mar-06, 15:11
I completely stand by the thrust of all my posts on this thread i.e. there are hundreds of ordinary pleasant kids in this town who are being lumped in with the bad ones. Those clever people who know who I am also know the kind of standards I have in my professional life.If they think that my opinions as expressed in this post denigrate those standards then they really need to seek help.

Too often the kids of this town are slagged off by 'grown-ups', and yes I work with all the kids good and bad, every single day and I will not stand by and let those good kids be slagged off. I enjoy every single minute I spend with these kids and am grateful for the terrific relationships I have with so many.
Many thanks to all those who have emailed and PM'd me with their support.

Maybe i should read all the posts again, but I don't recall ANYONE slagging off the good kids, or saying 'all kids are bad'
All the posts appear to have the same theme- there are a certain few who are, maybe not BAD in the true sense of the word, but in need of some serious disciplin. Whether it is the fault of the parents or society who is to say? However if a serious accident were to occur, then I do not think it would make any difference to the victim who it was that threw the snowball.

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 15:17
yet she never once said that or implied it.....
A lot seems to have been typed with tongue in cheek, "oh to tell the difference".
Set you all on the warpath............:grin:

Henrik7
03-Mar-06, 16:14
Katarina has it spot on. Nobody accuses ALL the children for snowballing cars. The thread has been about the children who actually throw the snowballs in the first place.

DW
03-Mar-06, 16:23
Sweaty Betty said
"I certainly do not react well to being threatened by anyone.[evil]

Originally Posted by SweatyBetty

But i guess it is ok for you to make threats.....i feel that Betty suffers from double standards, think a nerve has been touched. [/QUOTE]

The little graphic at the end of the sentence should have given it away ('lol'), maybe a bit subtle for you!!!!! [lol]

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 16:28
Try a brick in a snowball sweaty, maybe more subtle. :D

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 16:31
Okay, I'm a pedantic git but the post said school kids in wick...........[lol]

DW
03-Mar-06, 16:47
Just witnessed a group of 7 boys hitting a car with an old woman driving....bloody morons!!!

Wow, why didn't the police do something, imagine, 7 boys hitting a car with an old woman? How big was she? Did she dent the car? Why couldn't they just have used a snowball?

Just cause she was driving bloody morons, seems a bit steep to me!! [para]

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 16:52
Wow, why didn't the police do something, imagine, 7 boys hitting a car with an old woman? How big was she? Did she dent the car? Why couldn't they just have used a snowball?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Chillie
03-Mar-06, 16:57

Hahahahahahahaha[lol]

Chillie
03-Mar-06, 16:59

Excuse me Henrik7, school kids in wick?? are you referring to all of them?? or maybe a selective few.

Bit steep calling them bloody morons!!!

Chillie
03-Mar-06, 17:04
so how about you all get together and go pelt the brats back :) or would that then be assault??

Now,now misses no throwing snowballs what if you hit a car!!:Razz

peedie man
03-Mar-06, 19:50
[She never condoned snowballing cars, just said it is something a lot of kids do and have done over the years, something she has done hereself.
Shall we take her out and place her in stocks and snowball her? ............... he without sin shall cast the first SNOWBALL

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 19:54
Well said peedieman.