PDA

View Full Version : how much snow have you got?

emszxr
01-Mar-06, 14:53
we have a good 2 feet . loads more fell last night. it is lovely.

but why cant people drive accordingly to the weather.
most of the accidents that are happening could easily be avoided if people just slowed down and drove more smoothly.
but oh no, they think, oh its just snow, i will just drive how i usually do.

hope everyone is enjoying the snow

moose and Lindsay
01-Mar-06, 15:22
2 feet??

Where do u live??

:)

Whitewater
01-Mar-06, 15:30
Too much too late.

lassieinfife
01-Mar-06, 15:33
no snow.... not even a frost in sunny Fife:-)

emszxr
01-Mar-06, 16:12
i live outside brora up the strath.

brandy
01-Mar-06, 16:56
i drove thru brora last night and it was horrible! loads of snow there! its pouring again here in wick...
hubby is stuck at dunreay doing a double as backshift couldnt get in..

denise
01-Mar-06, 17:09
No snow here in sunny perth not even a bit of frost

saxovtr
01-Mar-06, 18:25
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/flamerkit/snow.jpg

[para]

paris
01-Mar-06, 18:59
No snow for lincolnshire either. Been really sunny today but very cold.

Saveman
01-Mar-06, 19:22
Plenty of snow today.....the main road between Bilbster and Watten is getting a bit dodgy, are we expecting anymore overnight?

landmarker
01-Mar-06, 19:56
No snow in Manchester but it's cold. Very bright too. A really lovely late winters day actually.

angela5
01-Mar-06, 20:47
I've got enough snow in my garden to make a snowball for sweatybetty[lol] [lol]

Tugmistress
01-Mar-06, 21:12
Plenty of snow today.....the main road between Bilbster and Watten is getting a bit dodgy, are we expecting anymore overnight?
In a word ..... YES :D

not sure how much but as the wind eases over the next few hours, the more falling stuff should settle :D

went for a walk up the thurso river today and got some great pics, will post one or two on here in a few minutes :D

kas
01-Mar-06, 21:22
The snow hasnt lay in our garden at all, just the odd bit in the corners. I think the sea air as blown it all away. I got quite a shock when I saw how much was in places up the town. I am hoping for more tonight.

ice box
01-Mar-06, 21:25
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) you got it right again tugmistress lol i have been frozen all day i can't get warm i am still frozen know.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_14.gif

captainbubba
02-Mar-06, 05:14
well the snow won't ly on our oilrig because of the salt air but the blizzards
we are getting are horrendous, working in these conditions aint for the faint
hearted lol. wish i was in wick to throw snowballs at the whingers and the
tinks ha-ha-ha-ha

paris
02-Mar-06, 10:10
2nd march...Bad frost last night but very sunny again today . jan x

Rheghead
02-Mar-06, 10:18
wish i was in wick to throw snowballs at the whingers and the
tinks ha-ha-ha-ha

There'll be a thread devoted to the heartless snowballers of Wick shortly, just you wait. It'll be the longest thread in the history of Caithness.org.:p

EDIT O Oh, I see it has already started in the School Kids thread, didn't see that. Within 19 hours it has already spread to 3 pages:roll:

tisme
02-Mar-06, 12:56
Pretty bad down here in Aberdeen, most of the schools are shut again! Pretty bad driving first thing but the roads are clearer now. Still sitting looking out of the office window just now it's like a beautiful bright spring day, but it'll be a whiteout again before long.........Roll on the rain, get rid of it all. Must be getting old eh!

Saveman
02-Mar-06, 13:31
Is there more snow expected today in Caithness? It looks very bright and sunny at the minute and the wind has dropped...

cuddlepop
02-Mar-06, 15:13
There's a good few inches in Portree,its not all over Skye it seems to be very much a hit or a miss with the snowfall here.
Rapsons have refused to take the buses out so all the kids are off.
Even if they open and the buses are off all they end up doing is soduco.
Total waste of time :(

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 15:17
There's a good few inches in Portree,its not all over Skye it seems to be very much a hit or a miss with the snowfall here.
Rapsons have refused to take the buses out so all the kids are off.
Even if they open and the buses are off all they end up doing is soduco.
Total waste of time :(

What's a waste of time school, bus's or soduco.:confused:

Saveman
02-Mar-06, 15:22
Suduko is a good maths exercise

grantyg
02-Mar-06, 16:40
No Snow for central scotland just -5 last night and today was dry and sunny!
GGGGGRRRRR

Funky_Foal
02-Mar-06, 17:45
we have a few feet of snow here!:):)

Tugmistress
02-Mar-06, 19:06
Should be getting showers here right through the weekend :D personally i would like a 50 minutes shower every hour :p but i don't think we will be that lucky :confused

kas
02-Mar-06, 20:15
Should be getting showers here right through the weekend :D personally i would like a 50 minutes shower every hour :p but i don't think we will be that lucky :confused

You and me both. Still a bit more of what we got late morning, would be a good second.

JimH
02-Mar-06, 20:26
we have a good 2 feet . loads more fell last night. it is lovely.

but why cant people drive accordingly to the weather.
most of the accidents that are happening could easily be avoided if people just slowed down and drove more smoothly.
but oh no, they think, oh its just snow, i will just drive how i usually do.

hope everyone is enjoying the snow
Whilst I accept what you say about a few drivers driving too fast for the conditions - the same could be said for the drivers believing that 10 to 15 mph is to fast and so driving at snails pace. They are just as much of a hazard.
Having said that - we have plenty of snow here, and are due for some more - that means that my garden looks as good as anybodys.