PDA

View Full Version : Homebase

Tweety
01-Mar-06, 12:50
I notice they are advertising for Homebase again!? Surely out of all the applications they have had they can't still be looking for staff!

Moonboots
01-Mar-06, 12:53
I got a phonecall eday asking me to apply as they said they are waiting for me before they can open....lol

DW
01-Mar-06, 13:04
I notice they are advertising for Homebase again!? Surely out of all the applications they have had they can't still be looking for staff!
Where's the advert?

Tweety
01-Mar-06, 13:49
www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk (http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk)

There are 6 different vacancys. Ive previously applied so i guess there is no point in me applying again!

Phoebus_Apollo
01-Mar-06, 15:31

I dont know what there looking for!!! - I mean with over 400 applicants for a NMW job they must really be looking for some special qualities!!!

2little2late
01-Mar-06, 16:24
I dont know what there looking for!!! - I mean with over 400 applicants for a NMW job they must really be looking for some special qualities!!!

Sirs,
I would like to take this opportunity to complain about the lack of response by Homebase to all the people of Wick, Caithness who recently applied for vacancies at the new Wick store. As I am one of these people I am sure I will not be standing alone on this matter. When the vacancies were advertised in September last year there was a huge response from the people of Wick. The open day, 25th November 2005, was quite a success as I was one of many hundreds who attended. (I actually sent an application before the open day). I was given a very short interview, less than five minutes and was told I would be sent a letter regarding an interview which was to be held in December. As of today's date I have not had any reply whatsoever. I was not as fortunate as others to get to the interview stage. But, speaking to people who I know were successful in getting an interview tell me they have not heard anything else about the vacancies.
I am now resigned to the fact that I have been unsuccessful with my application but, I think it is only fair that every applicant who has not been successful should have been sent a reply either by telephone, letter or in the local press. As Homebase is a large diy chain with numerous stores in Britain, I think it is only fair that they should take the time and effort to inform everyone who has been successful or not. I appreciate the fact there were hundreds of applications for the vacancies but feel very let down by the lack of response by the Homebase management. Having to carry on visiting the local jobcentre recently I notice Homebase were advertising again but stated previous applicants need not apply. If after having so many applicants for the vacancies I am sure there must have bee some applicants that were suitable, or could it be that perhaps many applicants were purely overlooked?
I look forward to your reply,
Yours faithfully,

A copy of the email I sent to Homebase on 13th Feb. Still awaiting a reply.

Phoebus_Apollo
01-Mar-06, 20:22
Good post - shame on homebase...

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 20:23
I printed off a copy of the application form today. Does anyone know the address to post it too?

stekar
02-Mar-06, 22:46
www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk (http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk)

There are 6 different vacancys. Ive previously applied so i guess there is no point in me applying again!

Aparrantly you can apply again as long as it is a different job title. The first round of applications were mainly for general assistants but now they are being more specific with the jobs. Still only paying the NMW though. Quite surprised that they haven't filled all their posts yet.