PDA

View Full Version : Help...im looking for new ideas

grumpy1
22-Apr-09, 18:19
Im currently on a charity committee at work and i am desperately looking for some new fundraising idea.. last year we organised a parachute jump and raised nearly £3000 for Marie Curie.. this year were looking for something just as challanging.. but it has to be fun an appealing in order to encourage outside help...at the minute im looking at Zorbin (going down a hill at 30mph in a big plastic ball) but i need more....
i no u guys on here are really good at being radical so i was hoping for some ideas....please..
our charity this year is The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.. a very worthwhile cause and were hoping to raise over £5000 over the year.... (theres only 3 of us on the Commitee hence the the target):Razz:Razz:Razz

teddybear1873
22-Apr-09, 18:26
Bungee jump off a hot air balloon.

grumpy1
22-Apr-09, 18:27
i thought about bungee jumping.. would love to find out who organised it when it was done on the dammies... of the huge crane.. that would be so cool

Vistravi
22-Apr-09, 18:45
How about a fun day complete with loads of stalls, car washing services by staff and a big dress up lol

For something challenging you could do wind surfing?;)

emszxr
22-Apr-09, 19:34
i did the bungee jump in thurso when i was 14. it was brill, would love to do it again. and my 4 year old daughter would love to do that big plastic ball.

emszxr
22-Apr-09, 19:42
http://www.unitedbungee.com/bungee-dates-and-locations-aberdeen-dundee-edinburgh-glasgow.html

just in case you are interested there is a tbc date for this bungee company to be in inverness, near end of the web page after the sold out one.
may have a look at it myself :)

grumpy1
22-Apr-09, 19:53
http://www.unitedbungee.com/bungee-dates-and-locations-aberdeen-dundee-edinburgh-glasgow.html

just in case you are interested there is a tbc date for this bungee company to be in inverness, near end of the web page after the sold out one.
may have a look at it myself :)

that looks great wonder if we can get them to come up here....

emszxr
22-Apr-09, 20:11
it says somewhere on the site i think that they will come to you as long as they have a minimum jumps booked, you have to phone to enquire

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Apr-09, 20:17
Coffee morning and baking stall.The Caithness folk love their tea and scones and a wee blether to catch up wi the craic.:D

grumpy1
22-Apr-09, 20:17
it says somewhere on the site i think that they will come to you as long as they have a minimum jumps booked, you have to phone to enquire

thanks hun i will be studying that if i remember right when the crane came to the dammies a few years back they had a fantastic turn out and raised hundreds for good causes...

grumpy1
22-Apr-09, 20:19
Coffee morning and baking stall.The Caithness folk love their tea and scones and a wee blether to catch up wi the craic.:D

haha yeah i know already approached the legion for a saturday morning.. and i have two bingo nights booked in as well...just awaiting confirmation...

Dadie
22-Apr-09, 20:28
How about abseiling off a tall building?
Could probably get help from mountain rescue?

mrsinkstack
22-Apr-09, 21:17
I've done two abseils and two bungee jumps for charity in the past and always wanted to do a parachute jump - never got around to it :(
Zorbing in the swimming pool, you can hire the plastic balls but run up and down the swimming pool or the boating pond if the weather is good, not too expensive either ;)

http://www.bydandleisure.co.uk/water/waterwalkerz.htm

Errogie
22-Apr-09, 22:30
A sponsored walk can be a very good earner. How about an ascent of Morven or alternatively train to Alltnabreac bus back from Braemore? Approx 15 miles but through some great Caithness scenery.

poppett
22-Apr-09, 22:34
Bungee jumping at Aviemore a few years ago was done off one of James Jack`s cranes hired from Invergordon. Someone there would know who hired it for the bungee jumping if the other lead comes to nothing.

Fran
22-Apr-09, 23:19
The last prize bingo in wick raised £3,000. this is always a popular event and a bottle stall raises a lot of money too.

Westsider3
23-Apr-09, 07:52
i thought about bungee jumping.. would love to find out who organised it when it was done on the dammies... of the huge crane.. that would be so cool

The Bungee jump on the Dammies raised over £13,000 for Caithness MacMillan Nurses. They raised more money than they ever imagined! In fact in the early stages they were a bit anxious that they might not break even!! But it was a fantastic day with enormous community support. If you want more info from the organisers of it PM me.

dirdyweeker
23-Apr-09, 10:19
Im currently on a charity committee at work and i am desperately looking for some new fundraising idea..

have sent you a pm:)

starry
23-Apr-09, 10:28
http://www.bydandleisure.co.uk/multirides/buckingbronco.htm

These look great fun :)

grumpy1
23-Apr-09, 20:18
Thank you to everyone who has sent in some great ideas.. i will be definately chasing some of these up so WHEN i get some events organised i be screaming for some support to follow them through...

we currently have two bingo nights confirmed... a sponsered kayak (coutesy of the sea cadets thankyou...(date tbc))..and we are hoping to organise a disco to correspond with 50yrs of muscular dystrophy.and 50yrs of motown.. so hopefully with a few more ideas its shaping up to be an eventful year....thanks again xxxx

lynne duncan
24-Apr-09, 14:06
i always fancied the zorb! balls but the ones for on land, but the price of them seems astrnomical, my pal has land at noss in wick thought it would make a fantastic venus for it.
also fancied parachuting some day definitely

fundraising is a knack in itself, am currently involved in 2 fundraising events and it is am interesting hobby!!!!

grumpy1
25-Apr-09, 18:55
i always fancied the zorb! balls but the ones for on land, but the price of them seems astrnomical, my pal has land at noss in wick thought it would make a fantastic venus for it.
also fancied parachuting some day definitely

fundraising is a knack in itself, am currently involved in 2 fundraising events and it is am interesting hobby!!!!
got details of zorbin in perth...it looks fantastic..think it would be a great day out for a good cause

grumpy1
28-Apr-09, 21:21
http://www.bydandleisure.co.uk/multirides/buckingbronco.htm

These look great fun :)
thankyou starry for this web site..just been having a look and it looks perfect for afun day or something like ....lol look out for a gunge tank/ bucking bronco at a tesco near you...lol