PDA

View Full Version : Stress???

Vistravi
22-Apr-09, 15:28
We all know that stress can do lots of things to us and for me it tends to make my eczema quite bad. But i've never had it this bad before. its getting quite hard to keep it at bay and to keep it from getting so bad it starts to crack:(
I've got scars of bad skin across the knuckles of both hands and on my right leg due to bad flare ups.

I know that i'm not alone on this and was wondering how many of you have problems due to stress

Westsider3
22-Apr-09, 15:39
My brother-in-law got cream from Brian Lamb that has helped his skin hugely. If you are interested I'll find out what it was called and let you know. It also appeared to help clear up my sister's prickly heat too!

Gene Hunt
22-Apr-09, 15:44
I have had high blood pressure at times and a few years back I suffered chest pains for a while but as an Air Traffic Controller its an occupational hazard. Early on I had days when I had to stop the car driving home because my hands were shaking so badly.

porshiepoo
22-Apr-09, 15:52
Stress for me results in mouth ulcers (eeeeew!), seriously bad IBS and bouts of Depression.
I'm learning that I tend to stress over the most stupid of things though and I'm trying to learn not to. Easier said than done though as I will find something to stress about if nothing else.

porshiepoo
22-Apr-09, 15:54
We all know that stress can do lots of things to us and for me it tends to make my eczema quite bad. But i've never had it this bad before. its getting quite hard to keep it at bay and to keep it from getting so bad it starts to crack:(
I've got scars of bad skin across the knuckles of both hands and on my right leg due to bad flare ups.

I know that i'm not alone on this and was wondering how many of you have problems due to stress

There's a cream on the net called 'Dermaguard' and I've found that is really helps with eczema etc. It's pretty cheap too.

ShelleyCowie
22-Apr-09, 16:06
Hmm stress! I can never stop it.

My hair falls out really quite badly from stress. I am on tablets to try and stop it but so far no luck Jim! :lol: Also have panic attacks.

Im a super-stresser! I stress about everything! My best mate is coming round after she finishes work tonight, i am cleaning frantically even though the house is clean. She is my best mate! What does she care how my house looks!

But stress plays a huge part of my life and i constantly add to it. And its what keeps me going! :confused

Rie
22-Apr-09, 16:07
Stress for me Brings on panic attacks at the slightest thing,upset stomach, and if really bad, black outs .
I do find it very interesting how stress affects people in different ways.

Thumper
22-Apr-09, 16:13
Psoriasis for me :( oh and IBS and aleopecia if its really bad stress.Never seem to get rid of psoriasis these days :roll: x

Bazeye
22-Apr-09, 16:22
Whats stress?

Gene Hunt
22-Apr-09, 16:28
Whats stress?

The confusion created when your brain overrides your hands wish to choke someone who is in definite need of it.

Vistravi
22-Apr-09, 16:45
There's a cream on the net called 'Dermaguard' and I've found that is really helps with eczema etc. It's pretty cheap too.

My brother-in-law got cream from Brian Lamb that has helped his skin hugely. If you are interested I'll find out what it was called and let you know. It also appeared to help clear up my sister's prickly heat too!

Cheers porshiepoo, i'll look that up.

If you could Westsider that be good. If it gets any worse i'll have to go to the doctors about it. So far e45 lotion has been the only thing to help but its not having lasting effects. i have to keep reapplying it at least four times a day:(

chaz
22-Apr-09, 17:50

Hi, this happens to my son if he gets stressed,dont use washing powders anymore just soap nuts and eco balls,if he eats lots of strawberries it eases,and trips to the beach walking in the sea help.Hes had all sorts of creams and tests but the above have helped a bit along with as little stress as possible!

squidge
22-Apr-09, 19:12
I dont often suffer with stress that i find unmanageable but on the occasions i have it has made me me fall over. It sounds silly but its not funny - walking along and bang - you fall over. Earlier this pregnancy i was very very anxious because of a combination of things and I found i woke at night convinced i couldnt breath - like a panic attack. years ago I had a really bad time with my first marriage and i had a weight like feelingin my chest which i couldnt get rid of. i ached all over.

Talking about how i feel always makes thingsbetter though. With the night panic attacks i found that as soon as i toldmy husband how i felt and spoke to my midwife the problems eased and they helped me to get thngs into perspective. Its horrid though

feegilmour
22-Apr-09, 19:19
i have pm u vistravi

grumpy1
22-Apr-09, 19:55

i tend to get migraine when im over stressed..and nothing i do touches the pain just have to ride it out....only thing is they tend to last 2-3days at a time..

Fran
22-Apr-09, 23:22
I found a sad lamp was good for me for stress. Now that the sun is out i have put it away till winter!! It definetly works.

George Brims
22-Apr-09, 23:59
For eczema or chapped skin (I've been tiling a bathroom and getting mortar on my hands, plus we currently have very dry weather so the backs of my hands cracked up totally) I use Hemp hand lotion from The Body Shop. It is great.

For stress I use Guinness from Ireland, or Old Pultney.

Oddquine
23-Apr-09, 00:59

I had a big stomach op in the mid eighties, and have found that, while watching my diet helps me.....no fruit, veg etc........stress doesn't.....leading to a cross between Crohn's and IBS in symptoms though technically, I have neither.

Having tried all sorts of coping mechanisms, I have come to the conclusion that, in my case, I'm better to live alone and just accept it as normal for me.

One benefit is that it keeps the weight down! :)

My male offspring has very dry skin which produces eczema particularly on his forehead,when he is stressed, somewhat upsetting to him when dealing with bank customers as iot can be so obvious. He has tried E45 in the past, but tends nowadays to use Vaseline Intensive Rescue, as he finds that daily use of that is more effective than E45 in reducing the impact of his eczema bouts.

lelebo
23-Apr-09, 10:59
Moving to chemical free skincare / laundry products cured me eczema - well controlled because if I go away and have to use anything with SLS in it, it comes right back. I carry a little bottle of organic soap in my handbag with me now. I think stress was a definite trigger too but since I set up Alternative Vitality, my whole way of life has changed and the stress management combined with organics mean I've no eczema at all for the first time since I was a baby....been free of it for about 2 years now....(I'm 35)

Vistravi
23-Apr-09, 19:25
thanks for your pms and ideas.
I have no money jus now so have to make do with the cream ive got for now.
Thinking of going into body shop and getting something from there. I usd to do body shop parties myself and know that some of their body butters works wonders. Their hemp cream i know is really good but i can't stand the smell of it so i can't use it even though it would do the job perfectly. I'm going to see if the doctor can give me anything for it but doubtful or recommend anything but i think i know jus where to go as soon as i get money through.
E45 lotion jus isn't doing the job like it usually does. It only seems to be making it drier and much more likely to crack. :(

youoldduffer
23-Apr-09, 22:46
i tend to get migraine when im over stressed..and nothing i do touches the pain just have to ride it out....only thing is they tend to last 2-3days at a time..

Me too grumpy, Migraine is not summit i would wish on my worst enemy. I get the zig zag's to the point my sight is blurred, my speach slurr's and my hands go numb, then comes the pain and sickness which can last for days :( dont know what brings them on.

Dadie
24-Apr-09, 08:55
If stressed I grind my teeth in my sleep.
Last week I managed to give myself an abcess up the side of one of my teeth with my grinding which was very painful!

Gizmo
24-Apr-09, 09:29
Insomnia!, i spent years unable to sleep properly due to stress, many a time i would get out of bed at 3am and grab a handful of painkillers and a couple bottles of beer to try and knock me out...NOT! a healthy thing to do, and even strong sleeping pills had little effect after a while.
I'm glad to say that these days after a total lifestyle overhaul i'm out like a light within a few minutes of my head hitting the pilliow and i sleep for a solid 7/8 hours :D

scorrie
24-Apr-09, 13:53
My daughter got good relief from her eczema problems using Epaderm Ointment. It is available on prescription and can be used like soap, or in the bath, as well as being rubbed into the skin. The ingredients are all natural, and although not the most attractive of products, it seems really effective.

More info here:-

http://www.skincareworld.co.uk/pharmacy/our_products/epaderm/epaderm.htm

lynne duncan
24-Apr-09, 14:02
psorasis usually just on my scalp but as stress load ramps up so does the psorasis, then tension headaches and if it ties in with my periods usually migranes as well then.
I really should learn to say no when someone asks for something but haven't quite learnt how to do that yet!!!!!!!