PDA

View Full Version : Help with nails girls!

porshiepoo
01-Mar-06, 12:33
:confused: I've got a wee gel nail problem and need help.
I've been putting the uv gel nails on for a while and get them looking really good. However I was using the clear ones so thought i'd give the white ones a go. The poblem i've got is with the part that sits on your nail bed. With the clear ones you can get this bit to blend in well so that you can't see it, but I can't with the white ones. The bit that sits on the nail stays white so I seem to end up with a huge area of white and it kinda looks silly.
These nails are cut and shaped on the well area so theres no more available to take off without losing the smile shape to it.
Any ideas? Is this just the way it is with these white tipped nails? Or are tey not really suitable for uv geling?
Any help pleeeeaaaassseee!

shrek_donkey
01-Mar-06, 13:22
I never pictured porshiepoo using fake nails whats wrong with your own nails did you bite them to much???

Sara
01-Mar-06, 13:35
I'm not sure if I'm picturing this right, but I've had both the clear gel and the acrylics in the past and the gel ones were much thinner so blended in much better, but the acrylics always seemed to have a tiny 'bump' right before it met your cuticle... but is was tiny... not really that noticable. I think it was the fiberglass (really stretching to remember all of this now!) was the thickest of them all.

Not sure if any of this is of any use as I don't know what you can do after they're already on...

Sara
01-Mar-06, 13:39
Just re-reading what I posted and it doesn't answer your question! Sorry. I think perhaps they aren't suitable for the uv gel? I've only ever had the gel on the clear ones and the white ones I've always kept polished as they never looked so good just plain as you could always see the white bit.

canuck
01-Mar-06, 14:18
Porshiepoo: From where I sit your nails look great! However you are the one who has to live with them. I don't use uv gels, but from reading your post, I began to wonder if you could apply a layer of polish before you attach them. That way you could establish a consistant colour base so that the white bits don't show through. Maybe they won't stick properly to the polish. Anyway, it was just a thought from what I read.

paris
01-Mar-06, 19:05
Porshie, what the hell are you doing with falsies? HA HA HA HA
I thought you had your own nails lovie? Just had to cut mine again as im having guitar lessons and they get in the way. All them years of nibbling mine now i have to cut them as they were very very long ! jan x

BRIE
01-Mar-06, 21:11
the clear ones give you the natural look the ones youve put on are just designed to be polished over.Hope that helps poshiepoo.

porshiepoo
01-Mar-06, 21:38
Thanks for that you lot. I have the white ones on but they just look weird!
Perhaps I'll get used to them.

Bingobabe
01-Mar-06, 21:46
No offence but go to a beautican i do they make an excellent job and they last forever ok they cost 30 pound go on treat your self its less hassle and they do all the work for you:p