PDA

View Full Version : DOH....is it just me?

Kenn
22-Apr-09, 11:29
Got all prepared to do some dressmaking, sewing machine dragged out of hibernation,all leads plugged into correct sockets, conquered threading the demonic thing so it's foot to the metal.
Wahhhh no Vra Vra Vroom.
Unplug everything, check all connections with the instruction manual, make a second mug of tea, clear up the sawdust from the head scratching but still it refuses to go.

"Might help if you turn the switch to the on position, " says hubby as he saunters by.

GRRRRRRR

teenybash
22-Apr-09, 12:04
Good one Lizz, loved it. Thought I was the only one that missed the obvious from time to time!!!![lol]

newpark
22-Apr-09, 12:08
We got a new car and at night I felt the high beam was not very powerful. Asked OH to have a look at it as I was not happy and he said all is fine. A few months later and he was with me in the car one night and I put on the full beam and said look it's rubbish. He said well turn your fog lights off and put your full beam on lol. Dohhhhhhhhhhhh. He then showed me where the knob was for high beam. Red face moment I think so.

Gizmo
22-Apr-09, 12:20
And the moral of this story is that women shouldn't be allowed to operate complicated machinery :lol:

[ runs and hides out of harms way]

Gene Hunt
22-Apr-09, 12:25
When I got my new car last year the wife borrowed it and filled it up with Petrol .. it runs on Diesel.

changilass
22-Apr-09, 13:11
Ouch thats expensive GH.

starry
22-Apr-09, 13:34
When I got my new car last year the wife borrowed it and filled it up with Petrol .. it runs on Diesel.

I did that twice :confused

Not with your car obviously Gene ;)

Gene Hunt
22-Apr-09, 14:07
I did that twice :confused

Not with your car obviously Gene ;)

Twice ?? .. Blinking Heck.

Cost me £1500 quid to fix it. And whenever she borrows my car now I hand her the keys saying .. "D-I-E-S-E-L"

Thumper
22-Apr-09, 14:16
Lizz you would get on well with my son-I asked him to change a lightbulb for me one day as it was a bit out of my reach and a few minutes later he came down and told me he couldnt chnage it because everytime he put the new bulb in it lit up and was getting hot before he had it screwed in properly-I told him to turn off the switch-his face was priceless [lol] x

anneoctober
23-Apr-09, 12:29
And the moral of this story is that women shouldn't be allowed to operate complicated machinery :lol:

[ runs and hides out of harms way]
" Gizmo, (soft coaxing voice) Oh Gizmo (gentle hushed tones) come to Anneoctober my precious".................. ( luring, soft tones)......;)