PDA

View Full Version : Taj Mahal - Indian

newpark
22-Apr-09, 08:33
Just seen that it is burnt down, roads closed and police total shame great place.

Rie
22-Apr-09, 08:39
Hope they can get back on there feet soon , loved going there for nights out .

twinkle
22-Apr-09, 08:44
When you say burnt down do you mean as in nothing left? Do you know if anyone was hurt? I am best friends with the owner's wife's sister wondered why i never heard from her last night, just hope they are all ok.

Venture
22-Apr-09, 08:44
Devastating for the owners and for all those who enjoyed eating out there. It seemed a very popular place by the poll on caithness.org.

newpark
22-Apr-09, 08:54
Just heard on MFR that no one was injured so that is good news. Bad news is it says extensive damage.

Anji
22-Apr-09, 11:41
It must have been bad. The road is still closed.

newpark
22-Apr-09, 11:50
Still a large Police pressence hope it was not a delibrate fire that would be very sad.

Metalattakk
22-Apr-09, 11:52
Some truth in amongst all the idle speculation:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8011799.stm

newpark
22-Apr-09, 11:58
Who rattled you cage? No truth in that news clip all it says is there was a fire which we already know.

Some truth in amongst all the idle speculation:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8011799.stm

balto
22-Apr-09, 12:09
Still a large Police pressence hope it was not a delibrate fire that would be very sad.
oh you just never know these days

changilass
22-Apr-09, 12:12
Is there really any need to immediately jump to conclusions or speculate.

A business has burnt down, thats fact, lets leave the fiction to those who write it best.

The Angel Of Death
22-Apr-09, 12:47

A business has burnt down, thats fact, lets leave the fiction to those who write it best.

Why is showing concern jumping to conclusions or speculating ???

All newpark said was

hope it was not a delibrate fire that would be very sad.

Now if they said they heard through there cousins auntie's brothers sisters dog that it was deliberate then fair enough but don't feel the need to jump on someone for showing a bit of concern where if any is the fiction in that ?

octane
22-Apr-09, 13:36
They were always known for there fiery currys, maybe this one was just to adventurous.

Least no-one was hurt and im sure the insurance will sort them out

kitty kat
22-Apr-09, 14:53
i have heard they also own a shop in halkirk ???

just wondering as the indian was my fav :D

Creme_Egg
22-Apr-09, 14:58
You under estimate the methane content of rotten meat!!!!!!!

Love abdula korma xxxxxxxx

Vistravi
22-Apr-09, 15:17
Oh no!!!

My partner is very good friends with the owner, abs devasted for them. they worked so hard on their business.
My partner when he gets home is going to be devasted for Abs when i tell him:(

thoms83
22-Apr-09, 15:45

BBC isnt going to lie neither is the police, if they think its suspicious who are we to argue?

ellimac
22-Apr-09, 15:48
This is what the news article said.......

Fire at restaurant 'suspicious'

A fire which caused extensive damage to a restaurant in Caithness is being treated by police as suspicious. Emergency services were called to the Taj Mahal in Castletown, near Thurso, just after midnight.
Fire crews from Thurso and Wick tackled the blaze. There were reports of a blast, which showered glass onto the street.
A nearby house was evacuated while the street was cordoned off due to concerns about an adjacent petrol station.
No-one was injured in the incident.

Such a shame but as said least nobody was hurt..........

Thumper
22-Apr-09, 15:49
I think we all need to wait and see-innocent until proven guilty and all that! x

ellimac
22-Apr-09, 15:52
I think we all need to wait and see-innocent until proven guilty and all that! x

I agree Thumper.......

balto
22-Apr-09, 16:07
i know who did it lol, the org did it, just looked at the poll on the best indian and the taj mahal is winning hands down lol, talk about a jinx lol.[lol][lol]

kriklah
22-Apr-09, 16:07
[quote=kitty kat;537699]i have heard they also own a shop in halkirk ???

yep, saw their courtesy car outside the old chippy, 2 fellas working to clear the weeds from the path, and the signs and curtains have gone from the widnows.

sad that theyve lost one premisis but at least they may have somewhere to take their business, as they are good. would be a sad loss

unicorn
22-Apr-09, 16:34
Suspicious certainly does not infer the owners have anything to do with it.

ShelleyCowie
22-Apr-09, 17:00
Suspicious certainly does not infer the owners have anything to do with it.

Exactly Unicorn.

Their business was very sucessful.

Hopefully they get back on their feet soon and back to normal!

hotrod4
22-Apr-09, 17:30
Sad news for any business to have this happen.
I worked for a company who had the misfortune to lose 3 business' in 3 years in Caithness. But I will Categorically state that last night i was in my bed sound asleep!;)

Alice in Blunderland
22-Apr-09, 19:56
But I will Categorically state that last night i was in my bed sound asleep!;)

I suppose you have a witness who can vouch you never left that bed all night. :Razz ;)

chef4celebrations
22-Apr-09, 21:01
hotrod it i am sure i saw you heading that way, with a thunderflash but i never poured the petrol.....:lol:

no joking aside, it is a shame to see such a good indian burn down, lets hope they have more luck with their next venture.
will they rebuild or open the shop in halkirk?

buggyracer
22-Apr-09, 22:09
hotrod it i am sure i saw you heading that way, with a thunderflash but i never poured the petrol.....:lol:

no joking aside, it is a shame to see such a good indian burn down, lets hope they have more luck with their next venture.
will they rebuild or open the shop in halkirk?

i had heard the halkirk outlet was going to be a ckicken/fish and chip shop, not an indian.

Bazeye
23-Apr-09, 16:49
Any Tamils in Caithness?:roll:

Gizmo
23-Apr-09, 17:40
A big boy done it and ran away...

scottydog
24-Apr-09, 12:52
great little place.i had one back in feb when i was up in castletown.a real shame that this has happend to them.

scottydog

Amy-Winehouse
24-Apr-09, 18:16
4 men have been arrested in connection with the fire, source STV news at 6.

Had a feeling it was suspicious but didnt post until it was confirmed- Hotrod where were ye on Weds night?:Razz

NickInTheNorth
24-Apr-09, 20:31
Taken from http://www.northern.police.uk/news-item.htm?item_id=PR1206_2009

Update - Police make arrests in connection with the fire at an Indian Restaurant in Castletown

Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:59:9 GMT
FOLLOWING extensive police investigations, a number of addresses have been searched in the Wick and Thurso areas in connection with the fire at the Taj Mahal in Castletown near Thurso in Caithness on 22nd April 2009.

Four men aged 17, 19, 21 and 35 have been arrested and will be appearing from custody at Wick Sheriff Court on Monday 27 April.

Detective Inspector Mark Mackay who is leading the investigation into the cause of the fire said:

"Enquiries are continuing into the circumstances surrounding the fire, but early indications are that this is not in any way a racially motivated incident."

Ends

NJ5264

chef4celebrations
24-Apr-09, 20:48
looks like we not going to be hearing from hotrod for a while........:lol:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
24-Apr-09, 21:09
I am so glad to see these people are up in court - i'm on good information 2 have admitted their guilt.

I was totally gutted to hear of a business that I used a lot that is owned by a friend who with her husband put her absolute EVERYTHING into!!

Hope these idiots get what they deserve!

starry
24-Apr-09, 21:25
What a shame, I feel really sorry for the owners.

Bobinovich
24-Apr-09, 22:37
Update posted on the Taj Mahal website (http://www.tajmahalindian.co.uk/) which should return the smile to the faces of many of their regulars, myself included :D

alanatkie
24-Apr-09, 22:40
Thanks Bob :Razz

unicorn
24-Apr-09, 22:47
Good to see such a fast result, well done to the police.
May a phoenix arise from the ashes and good luck with the business.

scottydog
24-Apr-09, 22:52
will make a de tour for them when i am next back up in castletown ,;)when its all back up and running.

scottydog, (410 miles away)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
24-Apr-09, 22:53
Glad the english food is out the door and indian is back in - just gutted the indian is so far away now... castletown was perfect for an indian on the way home from work....bah humbug.....

well what us on the groats side lose it's halkirks gain...

Bazeye
25-Apr-09, 02:55
4 men have been arrested in connection with the fire, source STV news at 6.

Had a feeling it was suspicious but didnt post until it was confirmed- Hotrod where were ye on Weds night?:Razz

Police have arrested three out of the four scouse terrorists blamed for an attack on the Taj Mahal. Bin thievin, Bin robbin and Bin spongin. The mastermind behind the attack Bin workin cant be found.

Amy-Winehouse
25-Apr-09, 07:24
Police have arrested three out of the four scouse terrorists blamed for an attack on the Taj Mahal. Bin thievin, Bin robbin and Bin spongin. The mastermind behind the attack Bin workin cant be found.

Arrrrreey, taking the michael out the bin dippers , I like it, like it a lot:Razz

windness
25-Apr-09, 08:41
Good on the Taj Mahal for such a positive attitude. I will definately do a detour to support them they deserve it.

The Angel Of Death
25-Apr-09, 09:13
Looks like we will all now have an excuse to visit halkirk now ;)

Creme_Egg
25-Apr-09, 11:46
wait till you find out the truth it will be shocking

i know what happned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr P Cannop
25-Apr-09, 12:56
oh their will be great reading in wednesdays local paper

kmahon2001
25-Apr-09, 12:57
[quote=kitty kat;537699]i have heard they also own a shop in halkirk ???

yep, saw their courtesy car outside the old chippy, 2 fellas working to clear the weeds from the path, and the signs and curtains have gone from the widnows.

sad that theyve lost one premisis but at least they may have somewhere to take their business, as they are good. would be a sad loss

Does this mean we're going to have the smell curry and chips wafting through the village all the time?

unicorn
25-Apr-09, 13:38

So you are a member of Northern Constabulary are you?

northener
25-Apr-09, 13:59
[quote=kriklah;537753]

Does this mean we're going to have the smell curry and chips wafting through the village all the time?

That's generally the case if you live in a village with a chippy/curry house.

Mr P Cannop
25-Apr-09, 15:33
So you are a member of Northern Constabulary are you?

aye we would all like to know

unicorn
25-Apr-09, 15:54
I was not saying that I was saying unless you are a member of the Northern Constabulary then right now it is unlikely that they know exctly what happened.
God I hate Gossip merchants.

NickInTheNorth
25-Apr-09, 16:39

Me too Creme_Egg, and I reckon it needs a book and a film, talk about ubelievable plots!! And incompetent villains :eek:

But thankfully no one hurt, the very probable culprits singing like little canaries, and the will to rebuild from the owners. Can't wait to see Abs and co back up and running in Castletown, and looking forward to the opening in Halkirk.

For now I'll need to keep heading round the corner to the Shelina Spice :)

kmahon2001
25-Apr-09, 17:10

[quote=kmahon2001;539137]

That's generally the case if you live in a village with a chippy/curry house.

Oh great, that's just what you need - the smell of curry coming in through the windows when your eating your bangers and mash, or wafting all round you when you're sitting in your garden enjoying some evening sun in the summer.[disgust]

Don't get me wrong, I think it's terrible what happened to the Taj Mahal restaurant, and I sincerely hope the owners are soon able to rebuild their business, but the idea of curry pervading everything in this village is really not something I'm looking forward to. At least with a chippy the smells aren't that strong, but the smells from a curry house spread everywhere.

northener
25-Apr-09, 18:04
But surely if there is a fast food outlet in the village, one would at least anticipate a future change of culinary offerings?

NickInTheNorth
25-Apr-09, 18:17
but the smells from a curry house spread everywhere.

I live within 50 metres of the takeaway in Ormlie, I don't remember ever smelling anything from there unless walking right past the back door on the way to the shop.

kmahon2001
25-Apr-09, 22:40
But surely if there is a fast food outlet in the village, one would at least anticipate a future change of culinary offerings?

Quite possibly, but this fast food outlet was a chippy, and chippies only give off very subtle smells so they aren't really that bad. If it was going to be a chippy again, or maybe a burger joint or even a coffee house or sandwich bar there would be little or no smell. But it's going to be a curry house and of all the fast food outlets that I can think of curry houses give off the most powerful smells and (even if you like curry) it can be a problem.

I used to live down the road from a curry house. The smell didn't quite reach my house, fortunately, but you only had to walk a few houses down before you could smell it. I also used to work across the road from a curry house and it fair turns your stomach when you're turning up for work at 8am and all you can smell is onions and curry (don't ask me why they were already cooking up the curries at that time in the morning, but they did - maybe it was a vindaloo special that needed to "mature" for a few hours to be at it's best [lol]).

unicorn
25-Apr-09, 22:53
Well Nick reckons he doesn't smell it and he lives beside one. If thats your only worry in life then you have a great life so smile :D

kmahon2001
25-Apr-09, 23:08
Well Nick reckons he doesn't smell it and he lives beside one. If thats your only worry in life then you have a great life so smile :D

I haven't stopped smiling since I moved up here. :D It's a great life and I'm not going to let a little "essence of vindaloo" spoil it (does anyone know where I can get a gas mask from? [lol]).

Seriously though, I don't want to cause the owners of the Taj Mahal any more problems. I'm sure they do what they can to minimise the odour emissions. I hope the new curry house does roaring trade and is every bit as successful as the one in Castletown.

Julia
27-Apr-09, 17:49
Part-owners of other local Indian establishments were apparently in court today

Tighsonas4
27-Apr-09, 19:24
there certainly was four in court today .two wick one i think it said clyth and the other thurso. remanded in custody
on north tonight tony

Rheghead
27-Apr-09, 19:52

Ah the curry thickens...

Amy-Winehouse
27-Apr-09, 19:59
Ah the curry thickens...

Who is stirring it though!!!!!:Razz

Rheghead
27-Apr-09, 20:03
Who is stirring it though!!!!!:Razz

Dunno but they might have got their spicy fish fingers burnt on this occasion.

davlaurjen
28-Apr-09, 00:58
I think it'll be a case of wait and see.We all know how these stories grow arms and legs.

Xposin
28-Apr-09, 01:25
one of the dudes remanded was of indian persuassion!!!!!

Metalattakk
28-Apr-09, 01:28
That means at least three of them weren't of Indian 'persuassion' then...

And your point is? :roll:

Rheghead
28-Apr-09, 01:33
i know who did it lol, the org did it, just looked at the poll on the best indian and the taj mahal is winning hands down lol, talk about a jinx lol.[lol][lol]

I doubt if burning down the most popular Indian restaurant in Caithness is gonna curry flavour with the locals.:Razz OK I'll get me coat..

Xposin
28-Apr-09, 01:36
That means at least three of them weren't of Indian 'persuassion' then...

And your point is? :roll:

duz every1 that posts here have a "point"????

im merely stating a fact!!!!!!!

Metalattakk
28-Apr-09, 01:44
duz every1 that posts here have a "point"????

im merely stating a fact!!!!!!!

Stating 'facts' is all well and good, but surely there has to be a point to it?

For instance - Brazil have won the World Cup 5 times. That is a fact. But what's the point of me posting that fact?

Do try to keep up.

Aaldtimer
28-Apr-09, 02:35
one of the dudes remanded was of indian persuassion!!!!!

Just what is "indian persuassion" (sic)?[disgust]

Amy-Winehouse
28-Apr-09, 07:39
What is celtc minded? They were Indian arsonists- I think thats what xposin means?

Errogie
28-Apr-09, 09:30
From under my deerstalker hat, Inverness cape and meerschaum pipe smoke it is a fairly elementary observation that the Dunnet Head arsonist is moving in an easterly direction across the county.

But where will he, (or she!) strike next, could the Chinese food establishments in Thurso be at risk from a crazed ethno calorie counting fiend?

dietcokegirl
28-Apr-09, 11:34
Its terrible what happened to them, It was a great wee place.
My OH and I were speaking to the owner in Castletown on saturday, He was telling us that he plans to make another go of the business once the building is rebuilt. He was also telling us about the men that got arrested for starting the fire. I hope they get whats coming to them, and thank god nobody was hurt!

alanatkie
28-Apr-09, 12:33
Update from the bbc website - LInk Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8022142.stm)

Bobinovich
28-Apr-09, 15:28
Just heard that the owners are hoping to have the Halkirk premises ready as soon as the 11th May :cool:! They will be keeping the same number (diverted until the Taj Mahal is rebuilt) as well as having a separate one.

Just got to keep my craving for a Chicken Patia and Onion Fried Rice at bay for a few more weeks :D!

alanatkie
28-Apr-09, 16:24
Nice one bob - thanks for the update. Fingers crossed i will be going there for my birthday takeaway :Razz

sids
28-Apr-09, 17:24
Update from the bbc website - LInk Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8022142.stm)

Interesting thanks. What do you think of this link?

http://www.caithness.org/fpb/june2004/dukeofedinburgh.htm

Acknowledging the S3-pupil's three months of activities and learning with the Fire Brigade, Wick Station Officer, Gordon Cook yesterday presented Ricky Ross, Graham Shepherd and Lee Gunn with their Fire Certificates and commended them on completing their sessions at Wick Fire Station, the Ambulance Service and at Wick Airport Fire Service.

hotrod4
28-Apr-09, 17:48
I havent been on since Thursday, Hands up who thought i was in on it!!![lol]
Pure co-incidence that i started a poll and then voila The winner "catches" fire.;)

balto
28-Apr-09, 17:53
I havent been on since Thursday, Hands up who thought i was in on it!!![lol]
Pure co-incidence that i started a poll and then voila The winner "catches" fire.;)
see told you it was the poll that did it lol.[lol]

scrabster view
29-Apr-09, 07:04

Scroll down several pages on this link.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/4AB53F65-8BCF-4D30-8707-4BEDF26CA94C/0/planning060616.pdf

Scout
29-Apr-09, 07:42
I have been looking through what has been posted about Indian takeaway. I amazed but not surprised. This was a really horrible thing that has happen to them but most of the comments are jokes about catching on fire. I wonder if we all joke about the Highland clearance what reaction we get then.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Apr-09, 07:57
I have been looking through what has been posted about Indian takeaway. I amazed but not surprised. This was a really horrible thing that has happen to them but most of the comments are jokes about catching on fire. I wonder if we all joke about the Highland clearance what reaction we get then.

Dark Humour on the org again. ;)

newlabeluk
29-Apr-09, 08:25
'Humour' never hurt anybody and everybody has a different sense of it, present and past......Now would that be Hysterical or Historical?

upolian
29-Apr-09, 12:14
seems like some peoples sense of humour have burnt away over the years [lol]

Nvidi4
29-Apr-09, 13:30
Read the courier today and felt really sad for the owner and his family ........the owner commented that his children had been crying everyday since the fire. Those responsible should be ashamed of themselves along with the idiots on here who appear to think it's a big joke...........try walking in their shoes and see how they feel :roll: I'm sure you won't be so full of yourselves then! How pathetic! Good on the owner for rebuilding and I personally hope that all those who were involved get their comeuppance! [disgust]

scrabster view
29-Apr-09, 14:38
Excellent News - Roll on on 11th May for a lamb madras! Best of luck Abs and family, and staff too.:lol:

http://www.tajmahal.co.uk/index.asp

"Following a major incident the Taj Mahal in Castletown will be closed
until further notice while rebuilding work takes place.
We would like to thank everyone for the support which has been shown,
we have been overwhelmed by all the goodwill messages - the people of
Caithness truly are wonderful!
As fate would have it we were already working on a different style of
food premises in Halkirk, so are now working flat out to turn it into an
Indian Restaurant and Takeaway. We hope to be up and running in
just a few weeks (provisionally the 11th May!), but please keep an
eye here and in the local press for details.
We will continue to use the telephone number above (diverted until the
Castletown building is sorted) for the Halkirk premises as well as it
having its own telephone number.
Thank you all once again.
The Management & Staff of the Taj Mahal"

upolian
29-Apr-09, 16:49
Read the courier today and felt really sad for the owner and his family ........the owner commented that his children had been crying everyday since the fire. Those responsible should be ashamed of themselves along with the idiots on here who appear to think it's a big joke...........try walking in their shoes and see how they feel :roll: I'm sure you won't be so full of yourselves then! How pathetic! Good on the owner for rebuilding and I personally hope that all those who were involved get their comeuppance! [disgust]

its life,if you dont like other peoples jokes private message them and have a word,for my little joke on here im automatically pathetic am i?how about you try my job and see how long you last,everyone feels sorry for the owners 1 way or another unless they are sick and really mean it when they laugh,i hope he does well in his new venture,the food was excellent out of that place :D

upolian
29-Apr-09, 16:50

the jokes will fade away and itl all be forgotten about,just like the highland clearance :)

Nvidi4
29-Apr-09, 17:47
[quote=upolian;541230]its life,if you dont like other peoples jokes private message them and have a word,for my little joke on here im automatically pathetic am i?how about you try my job and see how long you last,everyone feels sorry for the owners 1 way or another unless they are sick and really mean it when they laugh,i hope he does well in his new venture,the food was excellent out of that place /quote]

Thats life! :eek: I must have missed the boat! :Razz

hotrod4
30-Apr-09, 06:01
Get a life?
Most comments arent jokes.If you read between the lines you will see that it is "light hearted" and NOT ONE person has wished any harm on to the owners in Fact I would think 99.9% of people wish them well (Me included).
What doed the highland clearances have to do with the fire? or are you trying to insuate a hint of racist sarcasm in your post?

Highland clearances? made loads of room for the sheep,without the clearance would I have had such lovely lamb Curry from the taj mahal when it was open????[lol]
(Sorry for being light hearted scout,i will skulk away and be serious and depressed for eternity);)

Scout
30-Apr-09, 06:57
I refer to the several points that people have raised about what I have said. First whether it is light hearted or a joke. I don’t see making fun comments on someone business that has been burnt light hearted or fun. There are plenty of people up here who have had fires were there house has been burnt or there Business been damage by it do we make fun or light hearted comments on them I don’t think so. If you had your house burnt and people made light hearted jokes about it would you be happy?. I think it is the people who make these silly jokes that need to get a life.[disgust]

northener
30-Apr-09, 09:37
Here we go again........

balto
30-Apr-09, 09:57
I refer to the several points that people have raised about what I have said. First whether it is light hearted or a joke. I don’t see making fun comments on someone business that has been burnt light hearted or fun. There are plenty of people up here who have had fires were there house has been burnt or there Business been damage by it do we make fun or light hearted comments on them I don’t think so. If you had your house burnt and people made light hearted jokes about it would you be happy?. I think it is the people who make these silly jokes that need to get a life.[disgust]
reckon you should go away and come back when you grow a thicker skin, no-one on here has been nasty, in fact the opposite, full of praise for the taj mahal, mayby the odd light joke but as i said nothing nasty.

butterfly
30-Apr-09, 16:57

And you have never made a light hearted joke in all your life!?Why dont you lighten up a little.Take some time out,deep breaths,you'll be fine!

The Angel Of Death
30-Apr-09, 17:00
Warning warning sense of humor failure imminent race to the fall out shelter before everything explodes

lister
30-Apr-09, 17:03
Ach min,all the posts are light hearted and soft,its how you read and interprit them.
Theres no need for seconds out round one it should be seconds out you're round:lol::lol:

butterfly
30-Apr-09, 17:06
Ach min,all the posts are light hearted and soft,its how you read and interprit them.
Theres no need for seconds out round one it should be seconds out you're round:lol::lol:

Well said Lister,now Scout how's your breathing doing now![lol]

Socrates
30-Apr-09, 17:12
Get a life?
Most comments arent jokes.If you read between the lines you will see that it is "light hearted" and NOT ONE person has wished any harm on to the owners in Fact I would think 99.9% of people wish them well

it is the .1% of people who are the problem

lister
30-Apr-09, 17:16
Yer right there min,their usually the ones in power in government ha!;)

katarina
30-Apr-09, 18:53
if it was a rival firm trying to do away with the competition, it seems to have had the opposite effect. I never actually thought of driving all the way to castletown or hallkirk for an indian, but I will now. guess there are many more like me. guess the truth will all come out eventually.

butterfly
30-Apr-09, 18:56

Yes i agree,it's the 1% who have no sense of humour lol!

Metalattakk
01-May-09, 03:10

Yes i agree,it's the 1% who have no sense of humour lol!

Jebus, that's some rate of inflation! :eek:

You've missed the point, I suspect...[lol]

Scout
01-May-09, 06:28
All you Caithness org are the same you like being wined up [lol]:Razz:D

Alice in Blunderland
01-May-09, 06:39
All you Caithness org are the same you like being wined up

Wine who mentioned wine ?? oh nice thank you very much I will have a glass of red.

Keep on winding.................. you will also note that on Caithness .org you see the people that do the winding up come and after a little while you see them go. ;)

The word suspended or banned normally then appears below their name. So carry on winding all I can say is it wont last long. :D

hotrod4
01-May-09, 06:39
All you Caithness org are the same you like being wined up [lol]
No booze here I'm afraid,I sold it all to the guy with no sense of Humour!!!![lol]
(It seems to have worked;))

Scout
01-May-09, 07:37
OK that teach me for posting to early [lol]:D

Scout
01-May-09, 07:41
Coming back to the original post. I hope there business is up and running soon and wish them well.

balto
01-May-09, 10:07
ok this is going to end up getting me shot down in flames but hey ho such is life, cant resist.

my oh phoned me this morning from work, and he was telling me how one of the men that was involved was in a bad way, i was stupid and asked him why, what had happened, and his reply was he was now in a korma(coma)[lol] i will apologies in advance to those with sense of humour failer.[lol]

The Angel Of Death
01-May-09, 11:13
Wonder if his "Nann" will help him through the "Korma" i know they make good soups that help we sickness and stuff ;)

sevenfortyseven
01-May-09, 11:38
haha love it!:lol:

butterfly
01-May-09, 16:20
Jebus, that's some rate of inflation! :eek:

You've missed the point, I suspect...[lol]

Point taken.;)

Socrates
01-May-09, 16:38
my oh phoned me this morning from work, and he was telling me how one of the men that was involved was in a bad way, i was stupid and asked him why, what had happened, and his reply was he was now in a korma(coma)[lol] i will apologies in advance to those with sense of humour failer.[lol]

very very funny indeed. take a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4532013.stm to see what can happen with a fire at a take away.
Do people who who laugh at jokes like this live such depressive lives that they seek solace in laughing at other peoples misfortunes, such as recent North Sea helicopter crash, 9/11, Ibrox etc etc etc

balto
01-May-09, 17:04
very very funny indeed. take a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4532013.stm to see what can happen with a fire at a take away.
Do people who who laugh at jokes like this live such depressive lives that they seek solace in laughing at other peoples misfortunes, such as recent North Sea helicopter crash, 9/11, Ibrox etc etc etc
my god it is just a little joke, not hurting anyone. read my post i apologised to those without a sense of humour before i posted it.

Socrates
01-May-09, 17:30
my god it is just a little joke, not hurting anyone. read my post i apologised to those without a sense of humour before i posted it.

To some people, the images of dead babies, animals and other distressing themes are amusing and "just a little joke"
If you had the foresight to apologise in advance, did you not stop to think that other people could find it offensive?

balto
01-May-09, 17:33
To some people, the images of dead babies, animals and other distressing themes are amusing and "just a little joke"
If you had the foresight to apologise in advance, did you not stop to think that other people could find it offensive?
but no-one died thankfully, there was a recent thread and most orgers like a bit of black humour, so i knew it would only be the odd one that wouldnt see the funny side.

unicorn
01-May-09, 17:49
I just hope the owner or employees are not reading this thread as I don't suppose being the victims of arson that they would be finding your "humour" very funny.
I also must lack a funny bone all I see is people losing their livelihoods at the moment and getting over the trauma that they lost their business.

Socrates
01-May-09, 17:50
but no-one died thankfully, there was a recent thread and most orgers like a bit of black humour, so i knew it would only be the odd one that wouldnt see the funny side.

"..Apart from that Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play.."

Scout
01-May-09, 17:50
Well at least the joke is on me this time and not the poor chap with the shop
;)

Connor.
01-May-09, 17:52
There is no harm in that sort of joke tbh. People joke about things all the time, i can't recall the large number of jade goody jokes, michael jackson jokes, bird flu jokes, swine flu jokes and madelline mccann jokes. It either tickles your pickle or it doesn't, i don't think you should flame someone because you find their joke unfunny. Find something else to do instead.

Socrates
01-May-09, 18:02
There is no harm in that sort of joke tbh. People joke about things all the time, i can't recall the large number of jade goody jokes, michael jackson jokes, bird flu jokes, swine flu jokes and madelline mccann jokes. It either tickles your pickle or it doesn't, i don't think you should flame someone because you find their joke unfunny. Find something else to do instead.

So you find that type of joke funny?
You need help, very very quickly

Connor.
01-May-09, 18:15
Lighten up.

:roll:

butterfly
01-May-09, 18:32
Lighten up.

:roll:

Think that's how it all started lol![lol]

butterfly
01-May-09, 18:35

It's you who needs the help! Have you had a frontal labotomy?!!![lol]

Connor.
01-May-09, 19:21
Think that's how it all started lol![lol]

lol nice one :lol:

Invisible
01-May-09, 19:29

It was an opinion made by the user and you should respect this opinion and not accuse them of needing help.

Connor.
01-May-09, 19:34
It was an opinion made by the user and you should respect this opinion and not accuse them of needing help.

Also, at no point did I mention i find that sort of thing funny, you just assumed. However, you're correct in your assumptions...i may have an aquired sense of humour.

butterfly
01-May-09, 20:01
Also, at no point did I mention i find that sort of thing funny, you just assumed. However, you're correct in your assumptions...i may have an aquired sense of humour.

Lol on this forum you need a sense of humour and also a thick skin too.;)

northener
01-May-09, 20:28
Socrates:

A bit scared of general postingin that someone will have a go at me.
Some people are too serious

Your words 23/04/09.

You have fulfilled your own prophecy, it would seem.........

butterfly
01-May-09, 20:52
Socrates:

A bit scared of general postingin that someone will have a go at me.
Some people are too serious

Your words 23/04/09.

You have fulfilled your own prophecy, it would seem.........

That is interesting Northerner! mmm i think some folk should practice what they preach!

The Angel Of Death
01-May-09, 22:15
Tell you what this thread is turning into some curry on

northener
01-May-09, 23:22
I only dropped into the thread to say Aloo.

Some people are getting far too Gobi. Too much Joshing.
And if this thread gets any heavier with daft comments it'll start to Saag.

wndyndy
02-May-09, 00:48
i thought i came in to read what people talking about the Taj Mahal, but actually people are talking about how to dealing with "joke",that is really confused me!;)

hotrod4
02-May-09, 06:32
Dont see what dead babies and animals(except the ones that get cooked!) have to do with anything.
If you dont like the humour dont post about it,I am sure there are many other threads to post some Doom and Gloom.
Light hearted relief is the way that alot of people deal with tragedy, and helps in the process of healing.
Maybe you should take that on board before you mount that horse, because its a long way to fall down from and may cause you to injure your funny bone!!!![lol]

northener
02-May-09, 09:13
i thought i came in to read what people talking about the Taj Mahal, but actually people are talking about how to dealing with "joke",that is really confused me!;)

Yup, rather sad that some have to wag their fingers and tut at anyone who doesn't fit into their own narrow-minded and dull little world.

It's a rather pathetic cyclical feature, it goes something like this:

1: Something not nice happens.
2: Discussion/speculation/facts/inaccurate gossip and malicious comment are made and soaked up by all and sundry.
3: Someone makes a wisecrack.
4: The Legions of the Righteous go into 'offended' mode, pounce upon and berate all who would dare to issue such filth (usually having previously enjoyed lapping up gossip/speculation and malicious comment).
5: Wisecracker refuses to back down.
6: The Legion stomps its feet and proceeds to either sulk/bad rep/complain to Mod/slag off Wisecracker on unrelated matters or just take their bat home big time.
7: Repeat to infinity....

Anyway - back on track:

I like the Taj Mahal, I like their food and the guys are grafters. I sincerely hope everything works out for them.

Won't stop me making dodgy curry-related jokes, though.

I curry favour with no-one.

kmahon2001
02-May-09, 09:50
This thread started out as a discussion about the tragic event in Castletown and it progressed, quite naturally, into a harmless light-hearted banter about that event. Now, however, it has degenerated into a slanging match about whether or not it is right to be light-hearted about such a subject.

There is no harm in light-heartedness in such situations, in fact it is a very natural reaction to relieve the tension and anxiety everyone was feeling just after the fire, particularly as it turned out that no-one was hurt and it seems the police have caught the guilty parties.

I do feel with with some of the things Socrates has mentioned, that he/she is deliberately trying to bait people on here into an argument. [disgust] This is much more inappropriate behaviour than the light-hearted banter he/she is complaining about.

Either we should all now abandon this thread, or else continue it whilst ignoring Socrates's deliberately antagonising posts.

Socrates
02-May-09, 11:23
".. There is no harm in light-heartedness in such situations, in fact it is a very natural reaction to relieve the tension and anxiety everyone was feeling just after the fire, particularly as it turned out that no-one was hurt and it seems the police have caught the guilty parties.

Either we should all now abandon this thread, or else continue it whilst ignoring Socrates's deliberately antagonising posts.

Even if there were fatailities it would not have stopped the sick jokes, which it seems quite a few forum members find amusing

02-May-09, 12:37
Thread closed as it has gone way off topic.