PDA

View Full Version : Follow on from washday blues

poppett
21-Apr-09, 12:51
After the interesting thread on washday blues I got to thinking about other home circumstances. I have a confession to make about my larder, but after yesterday will be most surprised if I am alone..............

All the same kind of tins (i.e. soup) are together with labels facing front. Likewise all dried goods, and the sweetie tin has neat piles of mars bars, crunchie etc., I get vexed if OH is in for a rummage and leaves the lid off and the contents in a muddle.

Putting away the dishes today I noticed the crockery cupboard is the same and the cutlery drawer.........think I`ll quit whilst I am ahead.

Anyone else out there, or am I alone in my tidy environment.

Ash
21-Apr-09, 12:55
After the interesting thread on washday blues I got to thinking about other home circumstances. I have a confession to make about my larder, but after yesterday will be most surprised if I am alone..............

All the same kind of tins (i.e. soup) are together with labels facing front. Likewise all dried goods, and the sweetie tin has neat piles of mars bars, crunchie etc., I get vexed if OH is in for a rummage and leaves the lid off and the contents in a muddle.

Putting away the dishes today I noticed the crockery cupboard is the same and the cutlery drawer.........think I`ll quit whilst I am ahead.

Im basically the same especially with the fridge, ive turned into abit of a neat freak well it kicked in when i had my daughter then i was worse when i got my own house, my mums the same lol

Alice in Blunderland
21-Apr-09, 13:02
How about the towel cupboard................ all the towels folded the same way colour and size co-ordinated :roll:. What a lot more work we make for each other.

Oh and now for my worst confession I iron the kids underwear and socks :eek: . I know sad ,sad life.

When we go to stay at my brother in laws house I am driven insane by their cutlery drawer. All the cutlery is just thrown in and it can take you a while to find what you are looking for. I am so tempted to give it a tidy out but hey ho its not my house. :D

marlyn
21-Apr-09, 13:05
I think the only part of my house that has any order in it is the towel cupboard. Towels have to be folded a certain way and stacked in little piles, hate it if my husband folds the towels, I have to sort them. How I wish the rest of my house had the same order to it!

Dadie
21-Apr-09, 13:11
Just think of all those people with cds and records in alphabetical and year order:lol:

ellimac
21-Apr-09, 14:34
How about the towel cupboard................ all the towels folded the same way colour and size co-ordinated :roll:. What a lot more work we make for each other.

Oh and now for my worst confession I iron the kids underwear and socks :eek: . I know sad ,sad life.

When we go to stay at my brother in laws house I am driven insane by their cutlery drawer. All the cutlery is just thrown in and it can take you a while to find what you are looking for. I am so tempted to give it a tidy out but hey ho its not my house.

Yip sad that's what we are, but I think it has a lot to do with how we are brought up... My mother was very houseproud and everything was always tidy and I am the exactly the same, but I suppose it keeps us busy, if we are not busy enough that is.....:D

poppett
21-Apr-09, 17:03
Thank you guys. Glad I am not alone. Much easier to keep it tidy in the first place than to have to tidy to find things. Towels folded right the first time saves them having to be done again.

Fridge is tidy too, though I didn`t notice that until a few minutes ago.

Wardrobe is colour co-ordinated too and OH`s shirts range like a rainbow !

Daren`t discuss the knicker drawer here, or any other drawer for that matter. No rummagers allowed. OH tells me what he wants to wear and I lay it out for him, lest he makes a mess.

Vistravi
21-Apr-09, 17:18
Only things tidy and orderly in my house is our sock and underwear drawers(I don't touch his and he doesn't touch mine,we have our seperate systems) and the cuterly drawer. all items segreated to type lol. Nothing worse than not being able to find straight away what you're looking for.

joxville
21-Apr-09, 18:37

Spookily, we were talking about this very thing today at work. My colleagues think I have OCD because tins & jars are arranged by content, then size. Place mats are about two inches in from edge of table. Socks are arranged by colour and use. CD's are alphabetically arranged. Books are arranged by genre then size. I could go on but you get the idea! :eek::D

Alice in Blunderland
21-Apr-09, 18:47
I could go on but you get the idea! :eek::D

Yip NUTS [lol] Keep taking the tablets !

cuddlepop
21-Apr-09, 19:03
Everything has its place and its never where you expect to find it.Oh is major culprit.
As to his shed,well lets just say I'm in the process of aquiring my own for fear of an "accident" in his.:lol:

Daughters room is immaculate but hey there are benifits to being Autistic.

Margaret M.
21-Apr-09, 19:14

No, I too, am normal. :D Oh alright, maybe we have a wee touch of OCD. Every nook and cranny must be totally organized and I find the older I get, the more organized I become. Every hanger in the closet matches and all the clothing must face in the same direction. I think it is a good thing -- keeping things straight consistently eliminates the need for a huge cleanout.

joxville
21-Apr-09, 19:23
Yip NUTS Keep taking the tablets !
I would keep taking them but you seem to be dispensing the wrong ones to me-I think they're called Brodime.:eek: ;);)

Dadie
21-Apr-09, 19:24
The rest of the house is chaos...even more so at the moment.
Hubby is fitting the kitchen and everything that was in there is everywhere!
The new stuff is everywhere.
The towel and linen cupboard has teatowels and dishcloths and the contents of the junk drawer in there...all rammed in and threatening to fall out if you dare open the door along with sneaky purchases hidden in there..:lol:
Lauren and Ionas rooms are a tip as they have clothes that are outgrown and clothes to be grown into all over the bit and im not in the mood to sort through them.
The livingroom is turned into a dining/playroom at the moment....complete with a toaster:eek:

crayola
23-Apr-09, 10:59
Daren`t discuss the knicker drawer here, or any other drawer for that matter. No rummagers allowed. OH tells me what he wants to wear and I lay it out for him, lest he makes a mess.Good grief, I'm not surprised you won't discuss it here. I didn't let either of my ex-hubbies wear my knickers and even if I did I wouldn't have laid them out for him! :eek:

On second thoughts we might have still been together if I'd massaged their wee foibles. :lol:

sjr014
23-Apr-09, 13:30
Well my food cupboard is tidy certain things in certain places, cutlery drawer is the same, knifes, forks then spoons think that stems form my days of working in a hotel and that was how they had 2 be put away for some reason so it has stuck! Do have a few messy drawers which holds an assortment of stuff to which their can be no system! Haven't gotten to the stage where i need to organise my wardrobe in order of colour so maybe there is hope for me yet! Although its reassuring to know that lots of other folks are exactly the same!

ShelleyCowie
23-Apr-09, 16:11
i struggle to get my house as organised as that! Athruns room is the only one i put everything into order. My bedroom is a dumping ground right now until i get stuff up in the attic (im too scared to go)

But saying that im just about to arrange our 500+ DVD collection into alphabetical order. And then the xbox games, then the PS3 games....then the wii games. :Razz

Just waiting til am done my toastie and brew!