PDA

View Full Version : What song should I do?

hotrod4
21-Apr-09, 06:23
Ok guys,looking for a bit of Inspiration here.
As many of you will know I make Hip hop tunes.
In the past i have used "Bittersweet symphony", "stay" by U2,and am Currently doing "numb" by Linkin park.
Its NOT samples I use, I program all the parts in MIDI or play live if its guitar,so i do a fair bit of work on the tracks.Then add a bit of rap over the top.
Are there any tunes that you think would sound kinda cool if I "hip hopsized" them?
Anything thats so darn funky that its screaming out to be remade?
Anything that you would never normally think of? Rock tracks,MOR tracks anything.
Please no "Wheels of steel on the bus" or similar please!!!![lol]

K dragon
21-Apr-09, 08:57
i cant think of anything right now!!!!

lol, why is it when someone offers to do something like this all the choices go out of your head.

not sure. must go and sit in a corner and think hard.....harder....no a little bit harder.

Gizmo
21-Apr-09, 12:11
Ok guys,looking for a bit of Inspiration here.
As many of you will know I make Hip hop tunes.
In the past i have used "Bittersweet symphony", "stay" by U2,and am Currently doing "numb" by Linkin park.
Its NOT samples I use, I program all the parts in MIDI or play live if its guitar,so i do a fair bit of work on the tracks.Then add a bit of rap over the top.
Are there any tunes that you think would sound kinda cool if I "hip hopsized" them?
Anything thats so darn funky that its screaming out to be remade?
Anything that you would never normally think of? Rock tracks,MOR tracks anything.
Please no "Wheels of steel on the bus" or similar please!!!![lol]

How about coming up with some original stuff instead of plagarising others?;) that's the problem with you wascally wappers...no originality :D

dogman
21-Apr-09, 16:56
the jam at the end of I am the resurrection by the stone roses is a funky bit o music.

Invisible
21-Apr-09, 17:00
never gonna give you up - rick astley

hotrod4
21-Apr-09, 17:32
How about coming up with some original stuff instead of plagarising others?;) that's the problem with you wascally wappers...no originality :D
I do loads of my own stuff, but sometimes to get peoples attention a catchy hook or a remake of a classic grabs them.
I do about 3 or 4 new tracks self written every week but I love making something different from an original track.Heck i even wrote a song about the pussycat dolls on my page!!!![lol]

hotrod4
21-Apr-09, 17:33
never gonna give you up - rick astley
Thats a possibility,I could make a gangsta hardcore west coat gin and juice remix!!!!!:lol:
Watch this space!![lol]

Phoebus_Apollo
21-Apr-09, 19:24
"Little Red Corvette" ??!

S&LHEN
21-Apr-09, 19:29
That sounds cool never knew that one do you have any that can be listened to?

goodbye earl - by the dixie chicks
hey ya - outkast
Always - Bon Jovi :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Apr-09, 20:43
Simple Minds 'New Gold Dream',catchy synths going into guitar and drums quite catchy.

youoldduffer
21-Apr-09, 22:08
play that funky music white boy

hotrod4
22-Apr-09, 05:41

hey ya - outkast
Just checked out that dixie chicks, Can definitely see something there,would never of thought of that!!! Cheers

hotrod4
22-Apr-09, 05:43
Simple Minds 'New Gold Dream',catchy synths going into guitar and drums quite catchy.
Good choice,forgot how good a band they were,looking out my "live in the city of light" album. Cheers for that.

hotrod4
22-Apr-09, 05:48
"Little Red Corvette" ??!
Can see it now-
"little red corsa
it goes so fast it'll make you sick
little red corsa
feet to the floor and drop the gearstick

Qwaulity!!![lol]

hotrod4
22-Apr-09, 06:12

hey ya - outkast

http://www.myspace.com/hamystar

If you scroll to the bottom of the player you will hear "Lullaby for biggie" which I wrote around "Lullaby" by The cure. I didnt rip the original song I found out the chords and notes,programmed them in Midi and then used samples of real Instruments to play the tune.

All the other tracks are written and produced 100% by me.

Kenneth
22-Apr-09, 15:23
Something with a bit of soul or funk to it...

Keep on Running

or Louie Louie? I think thats what its called. I can imagine that with some rap over it, bit slower but still you can just fit in more lyrics eh!

hotrod4
22-Apr-09, 17:34
Something with a bit of soul or funk to it...

Keep on Running

or Louie Louie? I think thats what its called. I can imagine that with some rap over it, bit slower but still you can just fit in more lyrics eh!
Cheers kenneth, good choices.

S&LHEN
22-Apr-09, 22:15
Just listened to your mixes they are great well done you. Very good I enjoyed them keep me posted when you make some more :lol:

wifie
26-Apr-09, 01:47
How about "I'm Your Puppet?" ;)

K dragon
26-Apr-09, 17:00
mine do mine lol!!

hardcore superstar
27-Apr-09, 09:31
'ace of spades' by motorhead

hotrod4
28-Apr-09, 06:35
Have come up with 2 so far.
You ca hear them at http://www.reverbnation.com/ hamystar
The first one has the original title of "instrumental" [lol] It hasnt any lyrics yet, but has a darn good chorus.Its a bit deep but remember it has no lyrics yet, but the chorus makes up for it, trust me!!!!:lol:
The 2nd is "leave out" which is based around "leave out all the rest" by Linkin Park.
Let me know what you think.

cesare
29-May-09, 15:45
dont fear the reaper

Kenneth
29-May-09, 15:48
Hi Heel Sneakers by Tommy Tucker
Gangster of Love by Steve Miller
Down in Mexico - The Coasters