PDA

View Full Version : High School Kids!!

connieb19
28-Feb-06, 23:53
Whatever next will the kids be doing to amuse themselves? I was at a friends house tonight and she has a son in High School and apparently the latest craze is something they call "knuckles". It's where a kid puts his knuckles on the desk and other kids hit his knuckles with coins as hard as they can and he has to see how much pain he can take!!:confused Is it just me or is this utter madness?:confused:
Whatever happened to a good old game of Tiddlywinks?

angela5
01-Mar-06, 00:02
Connie, i remember when i was at school most of the boys used to do this but they used a pack of cards..i could never see the pleasure in this..
they used to do chinese burns also, tightly squeezing someones wrist until the skin bleed..yuk!

Also they would go behind someone squeeze them hard around the upper body until they were at the point of passing out..:confused:

Bring back hopscotch..twiddlywinks, chase, hide and seek..

krieve
01-Mar-06, 00:06
when i was at school they used to do that with wooden rulers or some people would scratch and scratch at the back of there hand to make it bleed madness.

unicorn
01-Mar-06, 00:11
Madness but we probably all done it lol

connieb19
01-Mar-06, 00:13
Madness but we probably all done it lolit's nuts but I forgot that we were all just as bad until I read the replies to this thread!!:eyes

unicorn
01-Mar-06, 00:16
When I think of half the things I done I cringe and just hope I never have to tell my own child off for doing the same silly things.... but I know I will have to because some things never change lol I just hope I can do it without a guilty look on my face :)

angela5
01-Mar-06, 00:20
When I think of half the things I done I cringe :)

Me too![lol]

connieb19
01-Mar-06, 00:22
When I think of half the things I done I cringe me too and that was just last weekend..lol:evil

JAWS
01-Mar-06, 00:49
You mean you never realised all kids are sadomasochists? :eek:

connieb19
01-Mar-06, 00:50
You mean you never realised all kids are sadomasochists? :eek:i thought they were all sweet and innocent nowadays..lol:evil

JAWS
01-Mar-06, 01:36
I suspect that is at the top of parent's wish lists.

porshiepoo
01-Mar-06, 10:12
I remember at school we used to kench a fist and someone with long long nails would dig them into the top of your hand to see who could stand it the longest. lol.
I always used to win cos I have a higher pain threshold than alot - probably cos I'm stubborn too so there was no way I was giving in. lol.

Sounds like the lads at school have just adapted an age old game for a gender that have no nails. Ah well, as long as it's themselves that they're inflicting pain on and not some poor innocent it's okay with me. [lol]

Big G
01-Mar-06, 11:12
When i was at school they used to play that game 'knuckles' and who ever had the most blood was thought to of been the 'hardest!'
Before that was the rage people used to engrave pictures or writing in their skin with pencils - like scrubbin and scrubbin and scrubbin a pencil into ure skin - and before that they used to use rubbers to make a big long rubber burn on their arm!

DrSzin
01-Mar-06, 12:13
Connie, i remember when i was at school most of the boys used to do this but they used a pack of cards..i could never see the pleasure in this.Nor could I. Many of my friends used to do it, but I thought they were nuts...

wickerinca
01-Mar-06, 21:04
Nor could I. Many of my friends used to do it, but I thought they were nuts...

Yep.......they were definitely a bit crazy.........and I was never one for inflicting pain on myself.......nor anyone else if it could be avoided!

Bingobabe
01-Mar-06, 21:41
When i was in the scchool they used to take a lighter and turn it upside down and light it untill the flint was hot enough then push it into there hand and it would look like a smiley face i never did this dont like pain very much also i think programmes such as jack ass do encourage some kids
KIDS PLEASE REMBER YOU AINT SUPPOSED TO DO ITS ONLY A TV SHOW
but got to admit jack ass is kinda funny[lol] but saying that i aint going throw myself of anything any time soon heheheh

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Mar-06, 21:52
Connie, i remember when i was at school most of the boys used to do this but they used a pack of cards..i could never see the pleasure in this..
they used to do chinese burns also, tightly squeezing someones wrist until the skin bleed..yuk!

Also they would go behind someone squeeze them hard around the upper body until they were at the point of passing out..:confused:

Bring back hopscotch..twiddlywinks, chase, hide and seek..

Ahhhh!!!!Knuckles with playing cards.That was the extreme sport in our days.I remember we would keep hitting each other until the blood appeared on the cards.Now when I look back,what were we playing at.But you do stupid things as kids,you're young and a rebel.Thankfully most of us grow up but ye cannae help looking back at your childhood with a shake of the head,with a big cheesy grin on your face. :lol: