PDA

View Full Version : Remberance tattoo

Vistravi
20-Apr-09, 14:28
As some of you may know from one of my previous threads about tattoos i'm planing on having a black fancy m with a blue/purple(has to be my fav shades of these colours) butterfly to mark my 21st this year with one of my best mates.

Last night i was thinking of designing another one as a dedication to my dad. His fav flower was daffodils so thinking of getting one with a daff and the date he died underneath as a dedication to him.

Dos anyone else have anyone that they would do this for? Or have any tattoos that are similar in idea to this one?

Hibeechick
20-Apr-09, 14:35
I dont have a tattoo dedicated to anyone inparticular but each one has something which symbols something in my life.

honey
20-Apr-09, 14:38
i guy at my work has recently had 2 swallows on his chest in memory of his grandad and the sentiment behind makes the tattoo even nicer..

celtic88chick
20-Apr-09, 14:41
I have 'you'll never walk alone' tattooed on the back of my neck. This in rememberance of my late auntie who passed away 4 yrs ago this yr, as it was the song that was played at her funeral and she was a huge celtic fan.

Vistravi
20-Apr-09, 15:02
I have 'you'll never walk alone' tattooed on the back of my neck. This in rememberance of my late auntie who passed away 4 yrs ago this yr, as it was the song that was played at her funeral and she was a huge celtic fan.

I was thinking of getting "there can be only one" as a tattoo as remberance of my dad as highlander was his faviourite tv series and films, jus finished designing my daffodil idea and think i'm def going and getting it done when i can.:D

emszxr
20-Apr-09, 15:03
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1415/angeltat.jpg

this is a celtic angel in memory to someone i have tattooed on my wrist

Vistravi
20-Apr-09, 15:15
thats a nice tattoo!!!

here's what ive decided i'm gona get in remberance of my dad

celtic88chick
20-Apr-09, 15:23
thats a lovely idea vistravi. It's nice and bright and really stands out.

maidencaithness
20-Apr-09, 15:57
would make a lovely tattoo but be careful because yellow doesn't stand out very well on light skin nor white, I wanted a daisy chain round my wrist but was advised against it as it wouldn't show up so went for a red flower with yellow centres instead but the yellow still doesn't show up that well even against the red,your tattooist should be able to advise you good luck

Vistravi
20-Apr-09, 15:59
Jus got to figure out where i'd like to get it done now :)

if i can't have a daff due to the yellow and being fair skinned i'll go for a red rose or tulip

hotrod4
20-Apr-09, 18:13
I have my Bulldog wrapping itself round a union jack love heart with the words "Rangers" through the middle.
Pretty self explanatory but I am very fond of Bulldogs and it signifies being British which I am proud of and the union jack because thats "our "flag, and Rangers because I am very very fond of Glasgow Rangers!!!!

Told you it was self explanatory!![lol]

Getting the kids names done soon,planning it on the top of my arm but cant think what to "wrap" round it,any ideas?

Vistravi
20-Apr-09, 19:43
How bout a long green vine or big bay leaves hotrod?

hotrod4
20-Apr-09, 20:29
How bout a long green vine or big bay leaves hotrod?
Sounds good, as long as their is enough room for 3 names.
Definitely one for me to think about.
Cheers!

Vistravi
20-Apr-09, 20:51
You could have 3 bay leaves in a triangle with your bairns names on each one. That would look quite smart too.

brandy
21-Apr-09, 04:28
i have a celtic cross on my back left shoulder that has in memory of portia written around it. she was my god mother. when she passed all of us... her 7 kids and me went and had celtic crosses done.. susie and I the only girls had small cetlic crosses done on our backs.. and the boys had larger ones on either their backs or arms. the tatt. artist was happy that day!

horseman
21-Apr-09, 04:41
Good looking tattoo there Vistravi.
Hope you can manage to get the daff done-they are tops an it would make a fine tribute to your dad.

Vistravi
21-Apr-09, 14:45
Thanks Horseman:)
I hope so to but i've got very fair skin so i don't know. i've designed a nice rose one that i think i'll get done instead as my dad loved red roses as well as daffodils.

Fran
21-Apr-09, 15:43
i'm a bit nervous of going on my own, but nearly went to the one at Dingwall when i was there.Wanted one for 3 years now with himselfs name, so i want it even more now. i dont think i would put his date of death, just a heart with his name in it.

Vistravi
21-Apr-09, 16:33
i'm a bit nervous of going on my own, but nearly went to the one at Dingwall when i was there.Wanted one for 3 years now with himselfs name, so i want it even more now. i dont think i would put his date of death, just a heart with his name in it.

You should go for it Fran! It'll be well worth it. If you can't go urself then bring a friend.

One of my friends asked me why i didn't put his dob on it as well but i suppose in some ways its a remberance of my dad and of the day i became someone else too. I like who i am today as i know i can do anything and if anyone gives me grief they get told where to go. couldn't do that when i was younger and i wasn't really happy with myself then as wasn't happy with my size.

the design still isn't concrete so i may take out the date. i'll be getting it done after the one to mark my 21st in aug so got plenty of time to decide.