PDA

View Full Version : Orger's - Single Minded or Open Minded?

WickLad08
20-Apr-09, 13:44
Are people on the Org single minded and closed to other peoples opinions or are they open to suggestion?

Thumper
20-Apr-09, 14:03
It depends on whether someones opinion is forced on others or not,suggestion is fine-soapbox isnt x

Shabbychic
20-Apr-09, 14:10
Depends what the suggestion is and whether or not views are being force-fed ad infinitum.

gleeber
20-Apr-09, 14:12
One of the problems with the org is the instant responses we are able to make. Some of us dont think before we post and our default opinions come out before we have a chance to consider someone elses viewpoint.
Most people are open to an opinion offered in a respectful way. They dont have to agree but I must admit ive taken on board some opinions ive heard on here and changed my own default opinion.

ellimac
20-Apr-09, 14:13
Definitely open minded and open to suggestions..........:D

honey
20-Apr-09, 14:36
i think i find there are some old fashioned view on the org, but hey, thats life.

i do agree with gleeber though, we may not all agree with one another, but as long as we can be respectful, then a debate shouldnt turn into an arguement..

TBH
20-Apr-09, 15:05
One of the problems with the org is the instant responses we are able to make. Some of us dont think before we post and our default opinions come out before we have a chance to consider someone elses viewpoint.
Most people are open to an opinion offered in a respectful way. They dont have to agree but I must admit ive taken on board some opinions ive heard on here and changed my own default opinion.That's the thing about opinions, they are like bums, everyones got one. Glad to see that you are not so set in your ways that you wouldn't consider someone elses and maybe even learn something.

northener
20-Apr-09, 15:55
I would say there is a broad cross section of attitudes and beliefs on here. Some are willing to discuss, some are open-minded.

And some are narrow minded and refuse to discuss matters in a rational manner.

Invisible
20-Apr-09, 16:57
I don't know bout the rest of you but i like to hear all sides of the argument. If i have my own im not going to ignore the points of views just cos i disagree.
Ive been told im very diplomatic and that barbed wire must be sore as I always seem to sit on the fence.

I vote for Openminded

WickLad08
20-Apr-09, 17:06
The problem with the org is the closed minded and biased moderators who do not allow you to have a valid discussion if they do not believe in it. I think it is a disgrace and should be stopped. An overwhelming clique with the moderators and certain orgers.

changilass
20-Apr-09, 17:09
Wicklad you do talk so much tosh. If what you say was true then every single one of your posts would have been removed. As they are still here you are obviously wrong in your opinion.

But that is just MY opinion. :lol:

the poacher
20-Apr-09, 17:10
Depends what the suggestion is and whether or not views are being force-fed ad infinitum.

yip thats about it couldnt say it much better myself

wifie
20-Apr-09, 17:11
Are people on the Org single minded and closed to other peoples opinions or are they open to suggestion?

Mad kinda question WickLad! As this forum is made up of a very varied cross section of society there are gonna be both aren't there?

I like to read all the views in an Orgument (to borrow MPH's noun for a debate on here ;)) and have often learnt a thing or two. I am disturbed by some people who jump in with a very definite view and are obviously not to be swayed but don't offer a reason why.

PS Does my opinion look big in here TBH? ;) [lol]

northener
20-Apr-09, 17:12
The problem with the org is the closed minded and biased moderators who do not allow you to have a valid discussion if they do not believe in it. I think it is a disgrace and should be stopped. An overwhelming clique with the moderators and certain orgers.

Absolute cobblers.

trix
20-Apr-09, 17:37

what a ridiculous question.....:roll:

riggerboy
20-Apr-09, 17:40
if is has anything to do with the spoofs thread then im closed.

The Angel Of Death
20-Apr-09, 17:41

Me thinks that its more of a case of you not liking the fact that others don't agree with whatever your trying to force feed them once again

Life is such a strange mixture of everyone its what makes us all different and individual everyone is open minded in some shape or form however there are some things that all of us will not move on its what defines us as being humans isn't it

I will listen to any argument but it doesn't mean I'm going to change my views if i feel that strongly on it as an example the abortion thread the other day some people no matter how you dressed it up or put it across will not budge on the matter as they think its wrong no matter what the circumstances

Put it this way if we was all the same and all agreed with each other then this planet would be a pretty boring place wouldn't it

Amy-Winehouse
20-Apr-09, 18:22

Wicklad, this is a free country, you are free to leave the Org if you want at any time, nobody is forcing you to post on here. I go onto other forums where free speech is certainly more liberal than it is here & post what I like there without being censored .

If you dont like it , toodle pip:eek:

hotrod4
20-Apr-09, 18:24

Now isnt that a closed minded that you claim the moderators have?
Or do the rules that you set out not apply to you?

I have borne the wrath of the mods on various occasions, the trick is to not to "fight the power" but merely to channel the power into another socket.:lol:

If its such a "problem" then sign out,log off,bon voyage.
If your mind is as open as you think it is then stay have a banter and actually debate as opposed to create hate!!!(copyright hotrod4 2009)[lol]

trix
20-Apr-09, 18:58
Now isnt that a closed minded that you claim the moderators have?
Or do the rules that you set out not apply to you?

I have borne the wrath of the mods on various occasions, the trick is to not to "fight the power" but merely to channel the power into another socket.:lol:

If its such a "problem" then sign out,log off,bon voyage.
If your mind is as open as you think it is then stay have a banter and actually debate as opposed to create hate!!!(copyright hotrod4 2009)[lol]

bang on hotrod....

i cana be bothered getin involved wi anither weiklad discussion, 'e last one got me kicked off for 3 days...an he insinuated that i wis a tramp!! :eek:

very mature.....

WickLad08
20-Apr-09, 19:04
I would reckon that if you were suspended for 3 days that is because you did something wrong and not me. Just a thought.

Venture
20-Apr-09, 19:05
bang on hotrod....

i cana be bothered getin involved wi anither weiklad discussion, 'e last one got me kicked off for 3 days...an he insinuated that i wis a tramp!! :eek:

very mature.....

Think the mods have had their eyes tested since then Trix.:eek::eek:

trix
20-Apr-09, 19:08
I would reckon that if you were suspended for 3 days that is because you did something wrong and not me. Just a thought.

am no even takin ye on :Razz

......thanks venture ;)

Blondie
20-Apr-09, 19:09
He will be suspended soon enough for trolling I bet.... then he will be saying the mods are homophobic :roll:

Venture
20-Apr-09, 19:16
am no even takin ye on :Razz

......thanks venture ;)

Good to see you back posting again after your study leave Trix. Don't be listening to anything WickLad puts your way. Pity the Being a Gay in Caithness thread is gone, probably a lot on there could have helped you with your course.[lol]

Blondie
20-Apr-09, 19:18
Oh crikey what was the course?

The mind boggles :eek:

Whitewater
20-Apr-09, 20:24
bang on hotrod....

My goodness, I would never believe that of you trix..and neither would anyone else who has been on the org for a wee while.

trix
20-Apr-09, 20:32
My goodness, I would never believe that of you trix..and neither would anyone else who has been on the org for a wee while.

thanks whitewater, ats makes me feel much better.....

i certainly am not a tramp...i clad masel in ebays finest :lol:

hotrod4
20-Apr-09, 20:35
thanks whitewater, ats makes me feel much better.....

i certainly am not a tramp...i clad masel in ebays finest :lol:
Trix is not a tramp, well not one you would find running around a yard with an ego the size of a small eastern european country anyway!!!!;)
She is our friendly neighbourhood witchy wifie!!!

Amy-Winehouse
20-Apr-09, 20:44
He will be suspended soon enough for trolling I bet.... then he will be saying the mods are homophobic :roll:

Aye , you ken him too:eek:

northener
20-Apr-09, 20:45
Nah, I disagree. She's a tramp.

Trixie has been known to hang around the Taxi rank in Wick trying to scrounge food and Buckfast off certain Taxi drivers (well, one actually;)).

trix
20-Apr-09, 20:53
Nah, I disagree. She's a tramp.

Trixie has been known to hang around the Taxi rank in Wick trying to scrounge food and Buckfast off certain Taxi drivers (well, one actually;)).

a curse goin rite on yer ass ifanow northener :Razz

joxville
20-Apr-09, 21:11

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9930/thumbnailz.jpg

teenybash
20-Apr-09, 23:40
Do not
feed
the Troll.

northener
20-Apr-09, 23:43
Nah, feeding Trolls is good fun.

Rheghead
20-Apr-09, 23:47
Nah, feeding Trolls is good fun.

Errr, give me a hand, will yer?:Razz

golach
20-Apr-09, 23:52
If one over feeds a Troll, is one stuffing it?[lol]

northener
20-Apr-09, 23:55
Errr, give me a hand, will yer?:Razz

My rates are £35.00 per post.:Razz

northener
20-Apr-09, 23:56
If one feeds a Troll, is one stuffing it?[lol]

Are you implying that I may tel Mr Troll to 'get stuffed', perchance?

Alice in Blunderland
21-Apr-09, 08:32
Are you implying that I may tel Mr Troll to 'get stuffed', perchance?

Nah Northener how could they suggest that. [lol]

You wouldnt do that now..................would you ? :confused :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
21-Apr-09, 08:37
Oh and I thought I had better leave this for someone who I feel may need it before long in this thread.........................

http://www.spiked-online.com/images/dummy.gif

In momments of need feel free to pick it up and suck hard it can help with the tantrum that may be about to erupt. ;)