PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question (maybe for admin)

ShelleyCowie
19-Apr-09, 18:30
Just wondering if it is possible to re-join under a new name. I understand i would loose my rep.

It would be on the same email.

Just a question! Thanks in advance! :cool:

Valerie Campbell
19-Apr-09, 19:15
You can come back on under another name but not too sure about using the same e-mail address. The Mods?Admin will set you straight. Good luck with it all.

purplelady
19-Apr-09, 23:50
i was wondering about that too shelley for personal reasons wanted to change my forum name be interested in what you get told hun x

joxville
20-Apr-09, 00:11
Just wondering if it is possible to re-join under a new name. I understand i would loose my rep.

It would be on the same email.

Just a question! Thanks in advance! :cool:
Would you not have got a definitive answer by shouting across the road to Bobinovich? [lol]

Bobinovich
20-Apr-09, 00:46
Under certain circumstances a name change is allowed (such as someone unwittingly registering with their e-mail address as their username) but, in general, additional accounts are frowned upon as it is all to easy to post under both names, using one to reinforce the position of the other (which is known as a sock puppet), or using the new account to troll, flame, or otherwise cause trouble on the forums, while keeping the other one 'clean'.

Anyone leaving of their own choice and then requesting to return are usually offered their old account back (where possible) - if everyone posts within the rules, and accepts that other people's opinions are just as valid as their own, then they should not have a problem with this.

Instances of suspended/banned users creating new accounts, or using other family members accounts, are usually dealt with harshly and can end up with all family accounts being suspended/banned.

I hope that answers your question :)

Matthew
20-Apr-09, 02:49
Probably best to PM a mod or admin and ask to see if they will change your name for you. It would be a shame for you to lose all that rep!

ShelleyCowie
20-Apr-09, 15:49
Oh Bob u are a star! Thanks thats exactly all the info i needed! :D

Bob to the rescue!

bremkins
20-Apr-09, 16:00
Under certain circumstances a name change is allowed (such as someone unwittingly registering with their e-mail address as their username) but, in general, additional accounts are frowned upon as it is all to easy to post under both names, using one to reinforce the position of the other (which is known as a sock puppet), or using the new account to troll, flame, or otherwise cause trouble on the forums, while keeping the other one 'clean'.

Anyone leaving of their own choice and then requesting to return are usually offered their old account back (where possible) - if everyone posts within the rules, and accepts that other people's opinions are just as valid as their own, then they should not have a problem with this.

Instances of suspended/banned users creating new accounts, or using other family members accounts, are usually dealt with harshly and can end up with all family accounts being suspended/banned.

I hope that answers your question :)

Bobinovich ... How does one go about changing their username? I have tried to contact Admin on previous occasions but have received no response. I don't wish to have an additional or new account, just simply change the username of the one I have.

ShelleyCowie
20-Apr-09, 16:07
Would you not have got a definitive answer by shouting across the road to Bobinovich? [lol]

I would look like a complete loonatic considering he was not in at the time! :lol: Well his car wasna there anyways.

Bobinovich
20-Apr-09, 21:12
Bobinovich ... How does one go about changing their username? I have tried to contact Admin on previous occasions but have received no response. I don't wish to have an additional or new account, just simply change the username of the one I have.

Unfortunately going through Admin is the only option but they are all extremely busy. As I mentioned in my post above though you will need a good reason for changing.

Matthew
20-Apr-09, 23:19
Unfortunately going through Admin is the only option but they are all extremely busy. As I mentioned in my post above though you will need a good reason for changing.

Thats a bit unfortunate. Surely he could just set permissions to another mod or two if he cant handle the workload? It only takes a few seconds to change somebodys username in vBulletin!

joxville
20-Apr-09, 23:25
I asked ages ago if I could have my inital changed to a capital 'J'....I'm still waiting for a reply.

Gizmo
20-Apr-09, 23:30
I asked ages ago if I could have my inital changed to a capital 'J'....I'm still waiting for a reply.

You didn't fancy a capital 'C' then? :lol:

joxville
20-Apr-09, 23:36
You didn't fancy a capital 'C' then?
I have to rep you for that. [lol][lol][lol]

bremkins
26-Apr-09, 10:06
well, it looks like the easiest option is just to create a new account. therefore, this will be the last you ever see of bremkins .....

joxville
26-Apr-09, 11:09
well, it looks like the easiest option is just to create a new account. therefore, this will be the last you ever see of bremkins .....

Alas, poor Bremkins! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? ;)

northener
26-Apr-09, 12:46
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man."

Antoine de Saint Éxupéry