PDA

View Full Version : 20 Jobs go as building firm closes

Kodiak
18-Apr-09, 22:04
Sad news that 20 Jobs are to go as Ewen Gillies builders has applied to the Court of Session in Edinburgh to be placed into administration.

The firm which operated from a yard in Longman Industrial Estate in Inverness, has been running for 30 years expected is expected to shut officially next week.

Inverness Provost Jimmy Gray said he was shocked and saddened to hear the news.

One more nail in the Recession Coffin, :(.

S&LHEN
18-Apr-09, 22:44
Awwwww this is so so sad so many businesses have been affected so badly by the recession.

Joey
18-Apr-09, 23:24
Sad news that 20 Jobs are to go as Ewen Gillies builders has applied to the Court of Session in Edinburgh to be placed into administration.

The firm which operated from a yard in Longman Industrial Estate in Inverness, has been running for 30 years expected is expected to shut officially next week.

I agree totally, it's a shame to see such an established firm going down the tubes nlike this. However, correct me if i#m wrong, many of these companies that are now "closing down or coming along hard times" have had almost 15 years of un9interupted growth. makes you wonder where all the profits have gone??? IO bet th e owners are still running about in BMW's and Merc's

Kodiak
18-Apr-09, 23:32
I agree totally, it's a shame to see such an established firm going down the tubes nlike this. However, correct me if i#m wrong, many of these companies that are now "closing down or coming along hard times" have had almost 15 years of un9interupted growth. makes you wonder where all the profits have gone??? IO bet th e owners are still running about in BMW's and Merc's

I do not know what Vehicle the owners drive. What is the real pity is the 20 Jobs that are lost and they are more than likely just ordinary Joes with bills to pay like everyone else. They are the ones I feel sorry for, the workers.

oldmarine
19-Apr-09, 00:46

Sad, sad sad. Looks like the recession is hitting all over the world.