PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr/Ms |Moderator

veekay
17-Apr-09, 13:33
Thank you for informing me that a thread I posted has been removed.

I received the email from a trusted source and posted it in good faith. To my mind anything that keeps our thoughts with those of our armed service personnel must be good. If it was as you stated a 'spammed email' my apologise. I am not sorry I reminded everyone of those serving though

Regards

Gene Hunt
17-Apr-09, 13:43
Thank you for informing me that a thread I posted has been removed.

I received the email from a trusted source and posted it in good faith. To my mind anything that keeps our thoughts with those of our armed service personnel must be good. If it was as you stated a 'spammed email' my apologise. I am not sorry I reminded everyone of those serving though

Regards

I appreciated your sentiments. Both as someone who has served in the TA and as a father with a son in the Forces. The other day I was asked when my "baby killer" was next home on leave while in the Supermarket car park. It's nice to know that people do care.

starry
17-Apr-09, 16:57
Gene that is awful, I would be furious.

squidge
17-Apr-09, 17:44
My god did someone really say that to you? You know sometimes i wonder about some people. Who on earth would think it acceptable to say that to the parent of someone in the forces. I hope you gave as good back[disgust]

Rheghead
17-Apr-09, 18:23
I'll ask my nephew who has just returned from a six month tour of Helmand province how many babies he has killed, not many I dare say. But being like he is he'll probably say a few just to tease me.

thejudd
17-Apr-09, 18:34
OMG I think it is disgusting that someone should say that to anyone, let alone to someone who has someone in the forces. We can all have our own opinions about things, but we don't need to voice them in that way. Yes, I don't agree with some of the conflicts that our armed forces have been dragged into, but I think they are all such brave and courageous people and they are only doing their job.

Gene Hunt
17-Apr-09, 19:40
The guy who said that to me is the father of a girl my boy was seeing when he joined up, she gave him an ultimatum of her or the Marines. he chose the Royal Marines. So there is a bit of a grudge there I think. Things like that don't bother me, my son is passing out shortly and is twice the man he is.

squidge
17-Apr-09, 19:48
Only twice??? I can never get over the need for people to be so deliberately rude or provocative. And ( having big boys myself) some ex girlfriends and their parents are just off the plot.

Gene Hunt
17-Apr-09, 19:54
Only twice??? I can never get over the need for people to be so deliberately rude or provocative. And ( having big boys myself) some ex girlfriends and their parents are just off the plot.

I agree, I have had major words with my two daughters about the way they have treated their ex boyfriends. I refuse to get involved though, mainly because I feel sorry for the lads !!

Amy-Winehouse
17-Apr-09, 19:55
I appreciated your sentiments. Both as someone who has served in the TA and as a father with a son in the Forces. The other day I was asked when my "baby killer" was next home on leave while in the Supermarket car park. It's nice to know that people do care.

Thats a bit brutal, in fact rather sad & brutal.

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 19:55
The guy who said that to me is the father of a girl my boy was seeing when he joined up, she gave him an ultimatum of her or the Marines. he chose the Royal Marines. So there is a bit of a grudge there I think. Things like that don't bother me, my son is passing out shortly and is twice the man he is.

More than a grudge,a case of sour grapes if you ask me!

Gene Hunt
17-Apr-09, 20:03
More than a grudge,a case of sour grapes if you ask me!

Could be, he does like the ladies though. He has really bulked up with muscle and acts a lot more mature now. I don't know what is funnier when he does come home, all his twin sisters friends suddenly popping in or him changing into the tightest t-shirt he can when they appear.

purplelady
17-Apr-09, 23:39
That is an awful thing to say hope you gave them what for x