PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate- the pros and pros

Saveman
28-Feb-06, 13:20
If you're currently trying to lose weight....best not read this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4755108.stm

".....men who consumed cocoa regularly had significantly lower blood pressure than those who did not."

:p

krieve
28-Feb-06, 13:55
Thats a good enough excuse for me :) :p [lol]

paris
28-Feb-06, 18:25
Did that article refer to just men .if so i can munch away, well i can when im not on my diet LOL

landmarker
28-Feb-06, 19:01
I already eat a couple of squares of Bournville plain choc per day for the beneficial effect - anti-oxidants & flavanols. I'm now going to switch to a 70%Cocoa choc like dark Lindt. In small quantites the benefits are real, and it tastes luvverly with red wine. The wine is also good for thee in moderation.
He said.

connieb19
28-Feb-06, 19:04
I already eat a couple of squares of Bournville plain choc per day for the beneficial effect - anti-oxidants & flavanols. I'm now going to switch to a 70%Cocoa choc like dark Lindt. In small quantites the benefits are real, and it tastes luvverly with red wine. The wine is also good for thee in moderation.
He said.I'll take your word for it Landmarker and go and get some right now...lol[para]

Saveman
28-Feb-06, 19:24
He said.

I don't need much persuasion :p

angela5
28-Feb-06, 19:26
Good news that as i have just finished eating a whole box of cadburys flakes.

wickerinca
28-Feb-06, 20:43
Good news that as i have just finished eating a whole box of cadburys flakes.

Oh! you little porker!!! I am sooo jealous. Time for some 'fruit', I think!! Care to join me connie??[lol] Krieve? Saveman? How would a nice Chianti go down? Landmarker would you do the honours and pour.............it has been breathing for an hour or so.......... Damn!! I woke up just as Dr Szin was unwrapping the Bittersweet chocolate:mad: :evil

Saveman
28-Feb-06, 22:24
Oh! you little porker!!! I am sooo jealous. Time for some 'fruit', I think!! Care to join me connie??[lol] Krieve? Saveman? How would a nice Chianti go down? Landmarker would you do the honours and pour.............it has been breathing for an hour or so.......... Damn!! I woke up just as Dr Szin was unwrapping the Bittersweet chocolate:mad: :evil

No wine tonight thank you.....but I have just been given some chocolate....can I resist it?

Very doubtful.

connieb19
28-Feb-06, 23:28
Oh! you little porker!!! I am sooo jealous. Time for some 'fruit', I think!! Care to join me connie??[lol] Krieve? Saveman? How would a nice Chianti go down? Landmarker would you do the honours and pour.............it has been breathing for an hour or so.......... Damn!! I woke up just as Dr Szin was unwrapping the Bittersweet chocolate:mad: :evilI had a bar of Bournville tonight [mad]

angela5
28-Feb-06, 23:55
Another tempting thread....yummy..