PDA

View Full Version : pets dying

Fluff
08-Oct-03, 21:12
dont you hate when a pet dies. :~( i found out tonight that one of the cats we've had since i was about 10 (im 19 now) was put down tonight because she had been run over by a car. to say im sad is a bit of an understatement. im going to miss her terribly, but i know i have good memories of her :(

RIP WICKED, WE WILL ALL MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU ALWAYS. XXX[/code]

Liz
09-Oct-03, 12:11
So sorry about your cat. You have my sincere sympathy as I know what it's like.

Pets can give such love and companionship that, when they die, they leave a terrible gap in your life.

Don't be ashamed to grieve for your pet and I hope, that as time goes by, the pain of losing your cat will ease and you'll be left with happy memories.

Take care
Liz

linzy222
09-Oct-03, 16:55
what a sad bit of news

We got a sad bit about 6mths ago! We have a st bernard and he is only 4 but he had a heart attack about 6mths ago and the vet has only gave him 6mths- a year to live and i am dreading it!

He is on heart tablets which is keeping him alive just now, he does get pretty breathless sometimes and then i start to think thats the end of him but he is still here thank god!!

But i am dreading the day and i don't know what the kids will do or how they will cope!!

squidge
09-Oct-03, 17:46
The thing about children and pets and death is that they manage it much better than we think they will.

Often a "funeral" a few prayers and maybe a wee flower or so is enough to help them deal with their grief. We often forget how resilient they are. So dont worry too much aboutt he children just make sure they enjoyt he time they have with their pet now and they will have such lovely memories for later

Gizmo
09-Oct-03, 18:01
I had to have my 13 year old Cat put to sleep 3 weeks ago, the house is empty without him, he was as important to me as my Wife and Son are, he was just another member of the family and having to have him put to sleep was the hardest thing i have ever had to do, it was just horrible :(

linzy222
10-Oct-03, 10:15
OMG after all this talking of pets dying my daughter went out 2 feed her rabbit last night and it was dead!!

She is so upset she only got it in may this year for her birthday!!

She loved him so much, when she got up this morning the 1st thing she asked was "Is my rabbit dead or was i just dreaming"

She took him everywhere with her when she went out playing the 1st thing she would do was 2 go 2 the cage and get him, she would take him 2 school if she could!!

Liz
10-Oct-03, 22:54
They will not go gently the pets who've shared our lives,
In subtle ways they let us know their spirit still survives...
Old habits still can make us think we hear them at the door
Or step back when we drop a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place the food dish used to be.
And,sometimes,coming home at night , we miss them terribly.
Although time may bring new friends,and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts belongs to them..
and, always, always will...........

Thinking of everyone who has lost a much loved pet

Liz

sassylass
11-Oct-03, 16:14
...was cleaning out the umbrella stand the other day and what did I find but Kirby's old collar. Though he died about 4 years ago, my heart still tweaked when I found it...

©Amethyst
12-Oct-03, 22:36
awww...
reading this had brought back memories of our last cat, Sheeba.

lol, she bullied our dog real bad... he got so scared of her that he wouldn't even go upstairs ('cause that's where Sheeba was) unless he was with someone.

She died Christmas-time something like 2 years ago. She was something like a month younger than me, so I never knew a life without her. Christmas for the past couple of years has been really weird 'cause she's not sitting by the radiator on Christmas morning any more. :~(

Liz, that was lovely! And Squidge, yeah - but I doubt I'll ever really 'get over' Sheeba. Especially since she was black and white... my dog's black and white, my friend's dog is black and white... and another friend's cat is black and white (the spitting image of her... only short-haired)... *sigh*

Kenn
14-Oct-03, 20:56
Goodbye little tabby friend thanks for sharing a few brief moments with me and alot of fur! Will miss you.

linzy222
21-Oct-04, 18:52
what a sad bit of news

We got a sad bit about 6mths ago! We have a st bernard and he is only 4 but he had a heart attack about 6mths ago and the vet has only gave him 6mths- a year to live and i am dreading it!

He is on heart tablets which is keeping him alive just now, he does get pretty breathless sometimes and then i start to think thats the end of him but he is still here thank god!!

But i am dreading the day and i don't know what the kids will do or how they will cope!!

I was fed up so i was looking through all the old subjects on here and i came across this!!

I am glad to say my dog is still here, which is another year gone and after what the vet told us i can't believe it is a year ago i said all this, doesn't time fly!!

Angel
22-Oct-04, 22:47
This has been a moving topic and I felt compelled to add this;

Dedicated To My Lovely Horse Who will always have a place in my heart.

You raced in the sport of Kings
You ran as if you were graced with wings
So noble you were with head held high
So tall and graceful the limit was the sky
We found each other when you could race no more
A new life for you with me was in store.

The day you arrived you looked around..
thinking.. "This is no racing ground"
Oh the arguements we had to decide who was the boss,
It had to me, you see, your were a horse,
When your hooves touched the grass you wanted to run
With the wind in your mane, your bay coat gleaming in the sun,

The bond we had, so strong with each other,
Which was understood by no other,
Until that fateful in May,
When the Angels decided you could longer stay.
You whinned to me one last time
The memory of which will always be mine.

But now is the time for me to let go
So nite nite my friend for it has to be so,
Your with the Angels now and at peace,
And for me to move on the greiving must cease,
I'll never forget you oh so loyal and noble one,
But for us both a new path to follow has begun.

linzy222
07-Jan-05, 11:39
SADLY my dog died yesterday :~(

"RIP Major, we all loved u so much and we will miss u"

Liz
07-Jan-05, 15:29
SO sorry to hear about Major.

You obviously looked after him really well as he lived longer than the Vets thought.
He was a lucky dog to have had a loving home and been cared for so well.

The pain of losing a much loved pet is awful so I offer you my sincere condolences.

Fran
08-Jan-05, 01:57
, so sad to hear your loved dog died. It reminded me of my labrador being runover outdside on our pavement, he was 15. But I have my memories and photoes, like you have, and these cannot be taken away. Chin up. Fran x :~(

linzy222
08-Jan-05, 22:38
Thank you Liz and Fran, it was really nice to read this after everyone saying to me that he is better off now coz he was suffering, i don't think he suffered he was a happy dog and really lively!!

Cocoa
23-Feb-06, 19:06
:~(

Bingobabe
23-Feb-06, 19:20
dont you hate when a pet dies. :~( i found out tonight that one of the cats we've had since i was about 10 (im 19 now) was put down tonight because she had been run over by a car. to say im sad is a bit of an understatement. im going to miss her terribly, but i know i have good memories of her :(

RIP WICKED, WE WILL ALL MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU ALWAYS. XXX[/code] i am awful sorry to hear that i dont know what i would do if something happened to my dog she is like a member of our family and love her very much

phoenix
23-Feb-06, 20:22
i am awful sorry to hear that i dont know what i would do if something happened to my dog she is like a member of our family and love her very much

This is weird! :confused..........Our dog is ill, shes 12 and the only dog weve ever had....... right now I cannot imagine what it will be like when she goes, or where to bury her when the time comes! :~( Not all that long ago we just happened to click on to a TV prog about pets dying............They had a funeral and then buried their pet in a pet cemetry. Was thinking it would be nice if there was a pet cemetry in Caithness! :o) Liked that poem from Liz........:o)

paris
23-Feb-06, 21:03
My heart goes out to you all at the moment, you see i have just "lost " my Great Dane bitch, not to death but ive had to let her go back to the breeder. She will be 4 in august and is still in her prime to be shown and would make a wonderful mum. I cant have her anymore due to an illness i have (all to do with my muscles ) and therefore taking her out wasn't very nice for me so the kindest thing was to let her go back home to her family. The breeder loves all her dogs very much and will be able to carry on where i left of. Its been 3 weeks now and i still cry but i know shes better of with her new family rather than staying with me not being able to do much. Do i feel guilty...Yes but also relived as i know she will have a better life. jan x

cuddlepop
23-Feb-06, 21:50
Unless youv owned a pet its difficult to understand how close you are to them.My dog was rescued from a bad home when she was 9months old .connie goes everywhere with me I know it will brake my heart when she goes as we're so close.Itell people she can talk to me .Im sure other animal owners Know what i mean.I've often been told i love yhat mut more than any one else.Do you know i cant say i dont.
Animals can be the most patient of friends,we'd recommend one to any family with a kid with additional needs.Sometimes thats the only friend that kid has.
To any one whose lost a pet you have my sympathy,apet cemetary is a good idea pheonix:D

phoenix
23-Feb-06, 22:32
Thats a shame paris.........youre bound to miss her! If you couldnt cope with her then you did do the right thing........Im sure she would understand! :) Animals have a way of knowing........ they do talk to us, even though our dog is ill just now she still knows when we need comforting. I sometimes think theyre sent too us to help us.......... like a gift, looking back on the 12 years weve had our dog, I doubt we could have coped so well without her! :( Our dog was a rescued dog too cuddlepop...........the best friend weve ever had, their love is unconditional........yes I think a Pet Cemetry would be a good idea too, their grave marked with a stone or a cross with their toys or whatever with them......... have I gone soft in the head or what......:o

Liz
23-Feb-06, 23:32
So sorry that you had to let your dog go back to the breeder Paris although it was really unselfish of you to do this as you were putting your dog first although it's hurting you so much!

Phoenix so sorry to hear that your beloved dog is ill. I have been there on more than one occasion and can honestly say it's the hardest thing in life to deal with (others will not agree I know!!!) but in the end it is the final gift we can give our pets to let them go when they are no longer enjoying life.

I was watching 'Richard and Judy' the other night and there was someone on who had a Pet Cemetry and I was thinking we could really do with one here. It was all so dignified and laid rest to the myth that 'it is only an animal'!!!

Sadly at the moment there is no option than to bury your pet yourself which is so hard to do!!!

Cuddlepop I hope your friend will be with you for a long while to come!

It is something I cannot bear to think about as well as it makes me cry!:~(:~(

wickerinca
23-Feb-06, 23:36
No Phoenix..not soft in the head at all! My Dad has had to bury three of my dogs in the last three years. When hubby and I went to Canada I made Mum and Dad sell their house and move into mine so that the dogs wouldn't be disturbed. I had thought about taking them with me but one was devoted to my Dad and one of the other pair had a heart condition and the vet wasn't very happy at the thought of her travelling so far........so everyone ended up staying in our house.

The older dog went first...she was 19 when she died and she had been a puppy that I had basically kidnapped from the police station. Beautiful, gentle dog she was. Then my wee Yorkie that had the heart problem died last year. My other Yorkie had also developed heart problems and I knew that she was very ill when I was home at Christmas.......but she still followed me everywhere and sat at the door and waited until I came back from the shop!! Two days after I got back here my Mum called to say that she had slept away. Crying when I am writing this and I am going out to a hockey game just now...breaks your heart, so it does! I am dreading going home in a way as she was alsways first at the door to meet me!
Thankfully we have a bit og garden so the three of them are there together and I can have a wee word with them when I get home. I am going to see Willie about a little stone for them and as our son has bought our house now, I know that they'll be looked after!
Have to go now.

cuddlepop
23-Feb-06, 23:42
Big big hug,to you all.Nicest people i've meet keep animals.
I'd pinch Jaws saying cause its sooooo true.
i believe there still with us when they die,just like there's human spirits i'm sure there pet ones too.....:Razz

phoenix
24-Feb-06, 00:03
So sorry that you had to let your dog go back to the breeder Paris although it was really unselfish of you to do this as you were putting your dog first although it's hurting you so much!

Phoenix so sorry to hear that your beloved dog is ill. I have been there on more than one occasion and can honestly say it's the hardest thing in life to deal with (others will not agree I know!!!) but in the end it is the final gift we can give our pets to let them go when they are no longer enjoying life.

I was watching 'Richard and Judy' the other night and there was someone on who had a Pet Cemetry and I was thinking we could really do with one here. It was all so dignified and laid rest to the myth that 'it is only an animal'!!!

Sadly at the moment there is no option than to bury your pet yourself which is so hard to do!!!

Cuddlepop I hope your friend will be with you for a long while to come!

It is something I cannot bear to think about as well as it makes me cry!:~(:~(

Thanks Liz.........I am dreading it! :~( Medication is keeping her symptoms at bay........dont know for how much longer, shes quite happy at the minute though. :o)

I dont see them as just a dog or a cat, they all have their own personalities, and are special to each of us in their own way. Shes the only dog weve ever had........and I really dont know where wed be without her. To us she is very special! The programme we watched about a Pet Cemetry was really nice. All it would take is a peice of land set aside to bury them and allow the pets master to do the rest! Im sure there are lots of pet owners out there who would like a "special place" to visit once theyre gone!

nancypotter45
24-Feb-06, 00:26

RIP WICKED, WE WILL ALL MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU ALWAYS. XXX[/code]

So sorry to hear about your cat. It is awful when a pet dies as they become so much a part of your family. I lost my dog last 2 years aged 12, she was my baby, had her before I had any babies. She grew up with my oldest and I broke my heart for months. Still feel a little tweak now and again. We got a puppy this year so she is lovely but she will never replace my old dog.

JAWS
24-Feb-06, 00:41
Big big hug,to you all.Nicest people i've meet keep animals.
I'd pinch Jaws saying cause its sooooo true.
i believe there still with us when they die,just like there's human spirits i'm sure there pet ones too.....:Razz
The saying came about quite by accident and could have proved fatal! :)
My ex-wife had decided it was time to remind me what an uncaring, useless piece of humanity I was. I was in one of my "agreeable" moods. I wasn't being so because of my kind personality, it was because she cannot cope with anybody who won't argue back and it absolutely infuriates her.
One of the terriers was lying, quite comfortably and totally unconcerned, on my lap. She suddenly screamed a me, "You think more of them dogs that you do about me!" Poor dogs, they'd never said a word.
Without thinking, out it came, "Animals I love, people I tolerate!"
Suddenly, silence, deadly silence. I took note that the living-room door was definitely open having decided that I probably hadn't said the wisest of things. Ranting is one thing, silence usually means the pressure is building.
After quite a good period of thought, she looked across, smiled, and said quite calmly and genuinely, "You’re right. That's probably the most truthful thing I've ever heard you say."

Losing a pet, especially after a number of years, is losing a member of the family. And when you consider just what pleasure they give and how little they ask in return what better friend can you have. You can tell them you deepest secrets and they never betray you by telling anybody. When they are gone they take with them so many little joys they have shared with you.

phoenix
24-Feb-06, 00:51
It seems Im not as alone as I thought with my feelings about animals.......Thanks Wickerinca.........its comforting to know that other feel the same.......so sorry about all your dogs! :~( Like cuddlepop I believe theyll be with us in Spirit once theyve gone its just that well miss them in the physical! :( They become so much a part of your life, almost like theyve always been there! :) And always will be! :)

phoenix
24-Feb-06, 00:57
The saying came about quite by accident and could have proved fatal! :)
My ex-wife had decided it was time to remind me what an uncaring, useless piece of humanity I was. I was in one of my "agreeable" moods. I wasn't being so because of my kind personality, it was because she cannot cope with anybody who won't argue back and it absolutely infuriates her.
One of the terriers was lying, quite comfortably and totally unconcerned, on my lap. She suddenly screamed a me, "You think more of them dogs that you do about me!" Poor dogs, they'd never said a word.
Without thinking, out it came, "Animals I love, people I tolerate!"
Suddenly, silence, deadly silence. I took note that the living-room door was definitely open having decided that I probably hadn't said the wisest of things. Ranting is one thing, silence usually means the pressure is building.
After quite a good period of thought, she looked across, smiled, and said quite calmly and genuinely, "You’re right. That's probably the most truthful thing I've ever heard you say."

Losing a pet, especially after a number of years, is losing a member of the family. And when you consider just what pleasure they give and how little they ask in return what better friend can you have. You can tell them you deepest secrets and they never betray you by telling anybody. When they are gone they take with them so many little joys they have shared with you.

Youve got me in tears Jaws! :( Its a sad reflection on society when we think more of our pets than we do of our fellow man.........maybe thats what were here to learn to love unconditionally just like them! :o)

paris
24-Feb-06, 07:38
Us here in Linc's are lucky enough to have a pet cemetery, its in the next village to me. My friend has just lost her king Charles spaniel and shes had him cremated there with a full funeral, then you go back a week later and the people who own the place give you a candle with DOB and DOD on, a photo is also printed on it if you give them one. Shes just waiting for a headstone now.
I think they may have a web site called The pet cemetery, kirton ,Boston ,Linc's. If thats wrong let me know. You never know someone up there may read it and open one in the highlands.

cuddlepop
24-Feb-06, 10:14
No Paris its not wrong I think its a brilliant idea.Dont want to think about it but when Connie goes I'd much rather have her cremated and her ashes scattered in her favourite place.I want cremated and dont like the idea of her being left somewhere on her own.Much rather she was the free spirit like she is now.
Jaws that was lovely and i too have been told much the same:)
Pheonix maybe we could start a business if i get the job in Castletown !!!!
:RazzAnimals are humans best friends,some of us have just forgotten that bond.

Cocoa
28-Feb-06, 14:24
Awwww wickerinca, so sorry. i hav 2 say i shed a tear readin ur post...
:cry: :cry: :cry:

JimH
28-Feb-06, 14:39
This is weird! :confused..........Our dog is ill, shes 12 and the only dog weve ever had....... right now I cannot imagine what it will be like when she goes, or where to bury her when the time comes! :~( Not all that long ago we just happened to click on to a TV prog about pets dying............They had a funeral and then buried their pet in a pet cemetry. Was thinking it would be nice if there was a pet cemetry in Caithness! :o) Liked that poem from Liz........:o)
We have lost both of our old collies - Ben and Sadie over the last 12 months.
Yes we were heart broken as they were with us nearly as long as the children.
We were helped both times by the local vetinary staff - The Hollies in Downham Market and Donald S McGregor and Partners in Thurso - and we have Ben and Sadie cremated and in urns at the moment - until we decide what to do with them.
The reason we still have them - An old friend of ours who lost his wife advised us " not to be in a hurry to part with them". He was right - it is some comfort to have them still around for a while longer.
I trust that she will die in peace and comfort.

Lavenderblue2
28-Feb-06, 18:02
Firstly - may I offer my deepest sympathy to all of you have recently lost a pet.

I lost my darling little doggy last June - she was ten and had a serious heart condition which we managed to treat for many years but in the end there was nothing more that could be done and we had to have her put to sleep.
We were absolutely devastated but we couldn't have asked for better treatment or more understanding from the veterinary practice in Thurso. On the day we made the awful decision I telephoned the vet and she and a nurse were out here at the house within half an hour. Our little angel departed this world with the utmost dignity in my arms and we were given time to cuddle her and kiss her goodbye before they took her away.
We decided to have her cremated in case we ever move away from this house and when we got her ashes back they were in a lovely little stone urn with a Viking ship on it all sealed with wax – it sits on my kitchen dresser beside a small ornament in the likeness of our little doggy who will remain forever in our hearts.

When I have no one to turn to

And I am feeling kind of low,

When there is no one to talk to
And nowhere I want to go,
I search deep within myself
It is the love inside my heart
That lets me know my Angels there
Even though we are apart.

A smile then appears upon my face

And the sun begins to shine.

I hear a voice, so soft and sweet
Saying, 'Everything will be just fine'
It may seem that I am alone
But I am never by myself.
Whenever I need my Angels near
All I have to do is call.

An Angel's love is always true

On that you can depend.

They will always stand behind you
And will always be your friend.
Through darkest hours and brightest days
Our Angel will see us through.

LB

phoenix
28-Feb-06, 18:39
Thanks JimH and Lavenderblue.........loved the poem! I do believe in Angels {reminds me of the Abba song}..... I have a book called Angel Numbers, a number comes up out of the blue I look it up and its almost like there theyre already never fails to amaze me! Our dog appears to have made a miraculous recovery at the moment, may only be a period of remission though not sure, shes happier and more alert these past few days more like her old self.......dont know why this is, I have been laying my hands on her and asking for her to be healed, asking for light and life to go into her body.........maybe its worked .........the power of prayer! :)

wickerinca
28-Feb-06, 20:33
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone!
Glad to hear that your dog is doing well. phoenix. It is lovely to see them as we want to remember them!

What a decision you had to make, paris!! Hard for you but it was a good choice!

Have to tell you that I went to see 8 Below yesterday. Do not go and see this film if you cry easy!! I cry at Bambi but this movie really gets to you!

BTW...if my cavalier doesn't like you then I don't trust you!!

Wickerchick
28-Feb-06, 20:46
RAINBOW BRIDGE

JUST THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN IS A PLACE CALLED
RAINBOW BRIDGE.
WHEN AN ANIMAL DIES THAT HAS BEEN ESPECIALLY
CLOSE TO SOMEONE HERE, THAT PET GOES TO
RAINBOW BRIDGE.
THERE ARE MEADOWS AND HILLS FOR ALL OF OUR
SPECIAL FRIENDS SO THEY CAN RUN AND PLAY TOGETHER.
THERE IS PLENTY OF FOOD, WATER AND SUNSHINE, AND
OUR FRIENDS ARE WARM AND COMFORTABLE.
ALL THE ANIMALS WHO HAVE BEEN ILL AND OLD ARE
RESTORED TO HEALTH AND VIGOR, THOSE WHO WERE
HURT OR MAIMED ARE MADE WHOLE AND STRONG AGAIN,
JUST AS WE REMEMBER THEM IN OUR DREAMS OF DAYS AND
TIMES GONE BY.
THE ANIMALS ARE HAPPY AND CONTENT, EXCEPT FOR ONE
SMALL THING, THEY EACH MISS SOMEONE VERY SPECIAL
TO THEM, WHO HAD TO BE LEFT BEHIND.
THEY ALL RUN AND PLAY TOGETHER, BUT THE DAY COMES
WHEN ONE SUDDENLY STOPS AND LOOKS INTO THE DISTANCE.
HIS BRIGHT EYES ARE INTENT, HIS EAGER BODY QUIVERS.
SUDDENLY HE BEGINS TO RUN FROM THE GROUP, FLYING OVER
THE GREEN GRASS, HIS LEGS CARRYING HIM FASTER AND
FASTER.
YOU HAVE BEEN SPOTTED, AND WHEN YOU AND YOUR SPECIAL
FRIEND FINALLY MEET, YOU CLING TOGETHER IN JOYOUS
REUNION, NEVER TO BE PARTED AGAIN.
THE HAPPY KISSES RAIN UPON YOUR FACE, YOUR HANDS
AGAIN CARESS THE BELOVED HEAD, AND YOU LOOK ONCE
MORE INTO
THE TRUSTING EYES OF YOUR PET.
SO LONG GONE FROM YOUR LIFE BUT NEVER ABSENT FROM
YOUR HEART.
THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER..............

DW
28-Feb-06, 21:16
My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered through the loss of a pet.

This little game

http://www.deadpetsgame.com/

may give you a small amount of comfort. It features the cutest little hamster and other furry friends. :p

wickerinca
28-Feb-06, 21:19
My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered through the loss of a pet.

This little game

http://www.deadpetsgame.com/

may give you a small amount of comfort. It features the cutest little hamster and other furry friends. :p

You are sooo evil sb:lol: :lol:

DW
28-Feb-06, 21:43
You are sooo evil sb:lol: :lol:

Oh Wickerinca, you are so cruel; you've hurt my feelings.

I love love love love love love pets, especially doggiewoggies, I just couldn't eat a whole one!!!!!!!!!!! :D

weeboyagee
28-Feb-06, 22:13
......not many blokes posting on this one I see, but for what it's worth here's my tuppence.

I've been brought up with dogs - the last one was put to sleep in the livingroom with me by his side just over a year ago. He was 9 years old. English Rough Collie (lassie dog) and a great pal. He lies at the side of my front door and I can still relate to him each time as I pass the pampas grass that will blossom above him this summer.

I polished off the best part of a good bottle of malt, not something to be proud of but it fairly drowned the sorrows and yes,....big boys do cry. :(

Oddquine
28-Feb-06, 22:29
I've been reading this thread, and remembering my 15yo cross collie who had to be put down after a stroke a couple of years ago. I haven't felt able to have another dog since she died, though I am coming round to thinking aout rehoming older rescue dogs.

I also wanted to say that I have a pet memorial website at http://www.celebratingpets.thefourcorners.co.uk/ (http://www.celebratingpets.thefourcorners.co.uk/) set up initially in memory of our "forum dog". Maybe a bit twee for some tastes.........but I do what I'm told. If anyone wants a page to remember their pet, just PM me and I'll give you the email address to send pics/info ...........or just email me........but I don't remember if I have allowed emails....senior moments are coming thicker and faster nowadays! :confused:

wickerinca
01-Mar-06, 20:21
Oh Wickerinca, you are so cruel; you've hurt my feelings.

I love love love love love love pets, especially doggiewoggies, I just couldn't eat a whole one!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Why?!.......are you watching your weight as well[lol] [lol]

wickerinca
01-Mar-06, 20:23
......not many blokes posting on this one I see, but for what it's worth here's my tuppence.

I've been brought up with dogs - the last one was put to sleep in the livingroom with me by his side just over a year ago. He was 9 years old. English Rough Collie (lassie dog) and a great pal. He lies at the side of my front door and I can still relate to him each time as I pass the pampas grass that will blossom above him this summer.

I polished off the best part of a good bottle of malt, not something to be proud of but it fairly drowned the sorrows and yes,....big boys do cry. :(

Thanks for sharing with us WBG...and it is ok to cry............some of us find it very endearing actually!
I polished off most of a litre bottle of Dry Martini after my Daisy was killed.......not a good idea!!

Cocoa
02-Mar-06, 19:08
awwww weeboyagee that was so sad bout ur dog. but i'm so glad u told us cos most men r too proud 2 talk bout these things, so well dun.
that's lovely where u buried him too.

phoenix
30-Mar-06, 21:00
Our beautiful friend and companian for the last 12 yrs died peacefully yesterday afternoon......We are totally gutted :~(

RIP Princess......

connieb19
30-Mar-06, 21:04
Our beautiful friend and companian for the last 12 yrs died peacefully yesterday afternoon......We are totally gutted :~(

RIP Princess......Aw, sorry to hear this phoenix :~( You have my sympathy... I don't know what i'll do when it's one of mine..:~(

krieve
30-Mar-06, 21:08
I am so sorry to here about your pet phoenix. :~(

cuddlepop
30-Mar-06, 21:16
Pheonix,so sorry to hear you lost your:bestest friend:Dont be hard on yourself its like losing a human friend only worse.
Go your walks ,have a good greet and remember there gone in the flesh but with you always
big hug,i.m greetin for you already.:~(

unicorn
30-Mar-06, 21:20
So sorry to hear your bad news pheonix I can only imagine how it feels.. I lost one of my rescued guinea pigs on Tuesday to pregnancy toxemia and I was gutted and only had her 2 months, 12 years is a very long time :(

phoenix
30-Mar-06, 21:35
Thanks guys :~( I cant stop blubbering........ cuddlepop she took me for a walk last night, I did feel she was with me donw the forest, the birds was twittering and I felt her there with me. Just after she died a lovely rainbow appeared in the sky! My sister told me that on their way back from Inverness she mentioned that they saw a rainbow around about Half past three, thats when she died. Its the most awful awful feeling........never thought it would be this bad.....So sorry to hear about your guinea pig Unicorn....... this is so hard :~(

Billy Boy
30-Mar-06, 21:40

RIP Princess......

so sorry to hear this pheonix, its like losing one of the family....deepest sympathys:~(

flyfifer
30-Mar-06, 22:52
Phoenix - so sorry about Princess.....it is so hard to lose a pet. Thoughts and prayers are with you xx

phoenix
31-Mar-06, 12:33
Your kind words and sympathy has comforted us a lot thankyou all very much! :o) This is our princess :o)http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/phoenix833/tara.jpg

phoenix
31-Mar-06, 14:03
I have a message for everyone including myself...........Dont know if any of you watch John Edwards........he always says appreciate, validate and communicate with your loved ones as you never know when you may loose them! This goes for humans as well as pets, we spend more time being concerned about material matters rather than Spirit! We spend time watching tele, sitting at the PC, sending moblie messages, wondering what new item were going to get next etc etc the list is endless! Its all become about things, everyone is so busy with all the things that dont matter that much! I know we have to live in this world but does it have to really be this way? We have to take responsibility for our thought our deeds our actions and behaviour if each and everyone one of us do that then the world will change! It has to start with the self! We have just lost a very dear friend and companion, and nothing will ever replace her.....she was and still is so very special! I went a walk a short time ago, something was telling me that this is all there is........Spirit is all there is. The grass was growing, the birds were singing, all around was spirit. The pure and simple magic of it all! That is all there is ..........Take the Time to notice it all ......Take the time and Appreciate, Validate and Communicate! The best things in Life are not Things!

Lavenderblue2
31-Mar-06, 14:26
I have a message for everyone including myself...........Dont know if any of you watch John Edwards........he always says appreciate, validate and communicate with your loved ones as you never know when you may loose them! This goes for humans as well as pets, we spend more time being concerned about material matters rather than Spirit! We spend time watching tele, sitting at the PC, sending moblie messages, wondering what new item were going to get next etc etc the list is endless! Its all become about things, everyone is so busy with all the things that dont matter that much! I know we have to live in this world but does it have to really be this way? We have to take responsibility for our thought our deeds our actions and behaviour if each and everyone one of us do that then the world will change! It has to start with the self! We have just lost a very dear friend and companion, and nothing will ever replace her.....she was and still is so very special! I went a walk a short time ago, something was telling me that this is all there is........Spirit is all there is. The grass was growing, the birds were singing, all around was spirit. The pure and simple magic of it all! That is all there is ..........Take the Time to notice it all ......Take the time and Appreciate, Validate and Communicate! The best things in Life are not Things!

How very well said pheonix - I think we should all take note of your comments.

My sympathies again to all of you who have lost loved ones recently whether they be human or our near human pets.

LB

cuddlepop
31-Mar-06, 14:28
Phoenix,that was lovely.Princess was and still is a beauty of a dog.The regal way in which she's sitting does her name justice..Afriend gave me a lovely card with the words.
Listen to the silence and let your soul catch up.
Many a time i've done exactly that.Take comfort my fellow human being in that the world is on a presisis of enlightenment that will take us all to the next level of compassion for all things living and breathing ,we just have to let it happen.
The solar eclipse was the start of the journey,just listen and feel.:o)

Liz
31-Mar-06, 15:02
Phoenix I am so very, very sorry for your sad loss.:cry: What a beautiful dog!

I know how you are feeling having been there on more occasions than I would like. Our pets are so precious and when they leave us they leave a terrible gap.

You are so right we place far too much emphasise on material things and not enough on what really matters which is the life of all creatures and the enviroment we live in.

I hope very much that you will soon be able to remember her with smiles and not tears.

She was very lucky to have had such a wonderful loving home.

Take care.

phoenix
31-Mar-06, 22:59
Thankyou all for your kind words! :~(

Big G
31-Mar-06, 23:56
I once had a cat - it used to be my aunties but she moved to America so we got it - we got it when i was about 4 or 5 - it was a great cat because it had got run over and it had arthritis - it also went missing for about 3 days - it was a tough old cat - then in March past we had to get it put down - it was struggling to breath and it had fluid in its lungs - it was so sad at the vets because i had grown up with the cat since i was 4 years old (im now 17) - it was such a shame and we left Jimmy with his favourite blanket that we used to put over him when he was asleep - i remember standing outside the vets and the curtain was open and when the vet gave him the needle he just curled up and fell asleep, then my mum put his blanket over him - it was so sad - i went home and cried my eyes out!
I miss poor wee Jimmy, its SOOOOOO sad when u lose pets u have had since you were little! :~(