PDA

View Full Version : Cycling...

Angel
16-Apr-09, 22:41
Do they still do a cycling proficiency test (in Caithness) as one go as my boy say he wants to do it...

Any help would be appreciated...

Angel

changilass
16-Apr-09, 22:50
I did mine in Castletown school but not telling what year.

I hope they still do it as would love for the wee man to be able to do it when he is a bitty older.

Alice in Blunderland
16-Apr-09, 22:58
Every summer the older kids in Thrumster primary do this.

A police officer used to come to the school to teach it but this is now being done by one or two parents who have themselves been on a little training stint. :)

Its a good thing for the kids as they learn a lot but dont know if other schools still do it.

EDDIE
16-Apr-09, 23:02
Do they still do a cycling proficiency test (in Caithness) as one go as my boy say he wants to do it...

Any help would be appreciated...

Angel

I would imagine the school would do it they would be the best people to contact

Rheghead
16-Apr-09, 23:28
I would love to train up on how to teach kids how to pass this.:)

Elenna
17-Apr-09, 00:13
Its been a couple years ago, but my youngest lad had the cycling proficiency at Hillhead school. The year 7 students (and maybe year 6, too. I can't recall for certain) were then allowed to cycle to school if they passed the test.

marlyn
17-Apr-09, 11:22
I would love to train up on how to teach kids how to pass this.:)

Rheghead, I am sure any of the schools would be delighted to have you, I know that Miller have got someone who does cycling proficiency, but Pennyland don't and are often asking for parent vounteers. Best thing to do is to get in touch with your nearest school.

The kids are given cycling proficiency in P7 - but only if someone is willing to do it.