PDA

View Full Version : Small Dogs

cja275
16-Apr-09, 21:14
Does anyone know of any small dog breeders or puppies for sale?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
16-Apr-09, 22:02
try kathy@watten - her faither in law often has JRT pups and the ones ive met with their new owners have all been bonnie and good natured

unicorn
16-Apr-09, 22:36
I am picking up a bedlington x whippet tomorrow night I don't know if they still have 1 available as 1 buyer had pulled out.

Kathy@watten
17-Apr-09, 19:30
Thanks for complimenting my russells, have had 2 litters of pups and they have all gone locally to farms/pet/horsey/family homes and have proven to be excellent pets with fab natures. Have spent all afternoon with Holly (the poshest russell ever) having her final ever litter of pups (got 4 so far)
Half the battle is making sure pups go to excellent homes and going to get the best possible care, it is very easy to brand a type of dog as bad or difficult but the majority of these cases it is the nurture not the nature of the dog that is at fault. This litter of pups I have will be carefully homed and I always sell with a no problem return if for whatever reason it doesn't work out I would rather the pup back than to find it had been rehomed inappropriately or put to rescue centre. I own both Mother and Father of the pups and readily welcome visitors to see them as a family unit to see for themselves that they are wonderfull!

Kathy@watten
17-Apr-09, 19:35
Would like to add there are now 6 beautiful pups in our litter! Have not checked what sexes we have as yet but are all beautifully marked and Mummy holly is more than delighted with her pups, Dad however is a little bemused by it all!

cja275
17-Apr-09, 21:02
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Thanks Unicorn, going to see about the Jack Russell pups though.
How did you get on collecting your new pup?

horsegirl
17-Apr-09, 22:11
I have one of a previous litters pup and he is the best natured dog ever. Ever one i meet with him can not beleive how good he is as they think jrt are not nice dogs. This is totally not true. He has been brought up with my 2 kids and has never made a wrong move with them or anyone else. He is one of the family and the kids look for hem everywhere they go

:) I love my dog so much and would never be without him now.

Thanks

carasmam
17-Apr-09, 22:59
:D Yay, good to see some good comments about J R's, they are brilliant wee dogs with big personalities :lol:

Would love to see pics of your Jack Russells,Kathy and Horsegirl.

ShelleyCowie
17-Apr-09, 23:39
I used to have a Jack Russell. She lives with my step dad now but she was lovely. She hated when me and my sister trapped her in our play tent with us though (we was little) but she is lovely.

Got her from Berridale years ago. All the pups were lovely

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
18-Apr-09, 07:33
carasmam has seen all my JRT pics all over the place but here's some more for the JRT appreciation scoiety.... and both mine and my mums (both in the pic) have beautiful natures too... they are brother and sister - scappa and flo...

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/MAFGERS/DSC02742.jpg

unicorn
18-Apr-09, 10:23
I got home at midnight last night with my puppy and she is stunnng, a real bobby dazzler so she is definately named Bobbi. :D

carasmam
18-Apr-09, 10:33
I used to have a Jack Russell. She lives with my step dad now but she was lovely. She hated when me and my sister trapped her in our play tent with us though (we was little) but she is lovely.

Got her from Berridale years ago. All the pups were lovely

Shelley, we got Cara from Berriedale, an older couple at Newport, is that where your dog came from :D Cara is 13 so it was few years ago too. Maybe they are related !!!! I have photos of her brothers and sisters.
Ooo this is exciting, but I am away for a week so wont be back on til next Saturday, I'll check for your reply then :D

Unicorn - I hope your wee lassie settles in well and look forward to seeing pictures when I am back :-)

ShelleyCowie
18-Apr-09, 11:43
Shelley, we got Cara from Berriedale, an older couple at Newport, is that where your dog came from :D Cara is 13 so it was few years ago too. Maybe they are related !!!! I have photos of her brothers and sisters.
Ooo this is exciting, but I am away for a week so wont be back on til next Saturday, I'll check for your reply then :D

Unicorn - I hope your wee lassie settles in well and look forward to seeing pictures when I am back :-)

I just checked and judy is about 13 my mum thinks! Oh am so giddy! Anyways yeah it was an older couple she came from too. Im recalling the name pearl and erm...cana mind the mans name. Will check with my step dad! So very exciting! i have 1 pic o all the pups too somewhere!

hotrod4
20-Apr-09, 06:43
I know of a breeder that I got my Chihuahua from.She is very reliable but she has none at the moment.Due a litter towards the end of the year.I can put you in touch if you want,but beware they are expensive!!!! They are gorgeous natured dogs and are so much fun,would recommend the breed to anyone.

arana negra
20-Apr-09, 07:51
There used to a place that breed Pomeranians ( and some others) near Huntly does anyone know if it is still there ?

carasmam
25-Apr-09, 22:17
I just checked and judy is about 13 my mum thinks! Oh am so giddy! Anyways yeah it was an older couple she came from too. Im recalling the name pearl and erm...cana mind the mans name. Will check with my step dad! So very exciting! i have 1 pic o all the pups too somewhere!

:lol: Yeah, Donnie and Pearl !!! They must be sisters - yay, here is a picture I have of them.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/cara21_2006/scan0001.jpg

Kathy@watten
25-Apr-09, 23:02
Lovely piccy of the russells there and a funny thing to find two orgers have pups from that litter by chance eh?

Will be a few weeks before my pups get to that stage as are just 1 week old just now and their eyes have not yet opened but we are looking forward to the chaos when they get going...best fun dogs ever!

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 23:05
Ahh yes thats them! I can see my doggy judy there! :Razz How exciting! My mum has a photo of all of them!

Lovely russels the lot o them! I wanted the white one but he was already taken! :( And my mum had already picked judy!

Liz
25-Apr-09, 23:22
:lol: Yeah, Donnie and Pearl !!! They must be sisters - yay, here is a picture I have of them.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/cara21_2006/scan0001.jpg

What a great photo (which one is Cara) and brilliant to find that you and Shelley's dogs are from the same litter!:D

carasmam
25-Apr-09, 23:34
Cara is the white one knocking lumps out of the one with the black ear :roll:

Yes Shelley, the white one was spoken for :D
What a great coincidence meeting on here !! Which one is Judy?

So sorry CJA for hijacking your thread, have you found a dog yet ?

Liz
25-Apr-09, 23:38
Hee hee. The wee rascal!

cja275
26-Apr-09, 21:05
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
We are hoping to have a look at Kathy@watten's JR pups when they are a bit older.

Will let you know when we get sorted.
Glad thatr everyone has enjoyed this thread, beautiful pictures of the JR pups:)

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-09, 21:34
Cara is the white one knocking lumps out of the one with the black ear :roll:

Yes Shelley, the white one was spoken for :D
What a great coincidence meeting on here !! Which one is Judy?

So sorry CJA for hijacking your thread, have you found a dog yet ?

Ahh i wanted the white one! But you are lucky!

Judy is the one with the tan face you can see side on. I went and saw her today (she lives with my step dad since i moved out)

But judy is still a hyper dog! Loves running sprints across the beach! And no dog phases her! She will put any dog in their place! She took on a few great danes, german shepherds and i believe a st bernard too! Lol!

But she is still really loving!

Kathy@watten
27-Apr-09, 08:17
Anyonelse wanting to join the jack russell fan club??? Will be open to visitors to see pups from Tuesday onwards as they will be 10 days old. Looking forward to seeing a few orgers for the next generation of russell lovers! Just call to make an appointment 01955621922

ShelleyCowie
27-Apr-09, 14:25
Anyonelse wanting to join the jack russell fan club??? Will be open to visitors to see pups from Tuesday onwards as they will be 10 days old. Looking forward to seeing a few orgers for the next generation of russell lovers! Just call to make an appointment 01955621922

Oh dont tempt me! Please dont tempt me!

Saying that....jack russels are only tiny aint they! :eek:

carasmam
27-Apr-09, 15:54
Oh dont tempt me! Please dont tempt me!

Saying that....jack russels are only tiny aint they! :eek:

I'm getting broody too !!! They are only little, and they are good hot water bottles in the bed.......... Noooooooo, I can hear O H now :lol:

Kathy@watten
27-Apr-09, 16:37
The problem is one is never enough Shelley and co...a bit like jaffa cakes! Yeah they are just wee but there's nothing like snuggling up with crisps and a movie with a few russells for company and they are great fun with the kids...better than any babysitter and they love them!

carasmam
27-Apr-09, 17:02
Can I just come and look at them and get puppy snuggles - window shopping I'd call it hee hee ;):o

Kathy@watten
27-Apr-09, 18:09
Lol carasmum, I would welcome even window shoppers, it is good for the pups to meet and greet folk! There are six bundles of joy to squeeze! Oh and Mum and Dad are also here for squeezing too!

Mother Bear
27-Apr-09, 23:29
Loved the story connection about Cara and Judy, all them years ago ..........enjoy your 'window-shopping ' carasmam, and make sure that's all it is!!! lol

carasmam
27-Apr-09, 23:42
Loved the story connection about Cara and Judy, all them years ago ..........enjoy your 'window-shopping ' carasmam, and make sure that's all it is!!! lol

It was quite exciting finding out that Shelley grew up with Cara's sister, such a small world, but it's taken 13 years to find one of her littermates :D

As for the window shopping I would be ever so tempted, other half just rolled his eyes when I mentioned it :lol:

ShelleyCowie
27-Apr-09, 23:52
It was quite exciting finding out that Shelley grew up with Cara's sister, such a small world, but it's taken 13 years to find one of her littermates :D

As for the window shopping I would be ever so tempted, other half just rolled his eyes when I mentioned it :lol:

Small world indeed! The yellow blanket in your photo, my mum still has a wee square of it. We got it when we picked judy up and it was to ease the transition of being taken away from their mum.

Here is where it gets confusing, my step dads Mum, has a jack russel too. And his dad is judy and caras dad too! :Razz How cool is that!