PDA

View Full Version : No burials or cremations allowed anymore!

Rheghead
16-Apr-09, 19:57
Going on from the black humour thread but with perhaps a serious side, if burials on land or cremations were not an option for environmental reasons but other imaginative options were legal, how would you like your body to be disposed of?

I would like mine to be of practical value to someone, for example it would be great if my body was processed into blood and tooth for sale at the garden centre. The thought that I could enrich the soil for growth really appeals to me.

:Razz

starry
16-Apr-09, 19:58
I would be stuffed and sat on the couch with a glass of wine and tv remote for eternity

Gene Hunt
16-Apr-09, 20:08
I want to be stuffed and kept in the house, the wife isn't getting rid of me that easy.

Ricco
16-Apr-09, 20:08
I would like to be coverted into one of those diamondy things and then shot into space to twinkle around for ever. :D

Seriously though, compost isn't a bad idea.

starry
16-Apr-09, 20:09
Maybe we could get a cheap deal Gene, stuff one get one free kind of thing ;)

changilass
16-Apr-09, 20:10
Rheggers if you can be made into a powder to scatter in the garden I want to be turned into egg timers - one for each member of the family. It would be nice to know I was being useful even after I have gone lol

Ricco
16-Apr-09, 20:22
Rheggers if you can be made into a powder to scatter in the garden I want to be turned into egg timers - one for each member of the family. It would be nice to know I was being useful even after I have gone lol

Like that, Changi. Nice one!

joxville
16-Apr-09, 20:30

Good idea changi but not one that would suit me....I'm notoriously late for everything. It's not deliberate but I don't see it as the end of the world if I'm a few minutes late....I always tell people I'll arrive at 'x-ish' time.

Given that I'm full of crap I suppose I'd make good manure. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 20:34
i would love to be turned into a brand of coffee! I would be mighty tasty i woud suppose with all the coffee i already drink to keep me going! :D No wonder i bounce off the roof all day long!

Kodiak
16-Apr-09, 20:37
I have decided that if I cant take my Bears with me I am not going, so with that in mind I will have to live forever. :D

northener
16-Apr-09, 20:37
Typical, isn't it?

Ricco gives me a rollocking for telling him to get stuffed and, then, guess what? Along come .Orgers who actually want to be stuffed!:Razz

No justice in the world, I tell you.

Anyway, I want to be chopped into tiny pieces and fired out of a cannon*.

*I would have preferred to be cremated and then fired out of a cannon - just like me mate a few years ago - but Rheggers isn't allowing cremations.
Anyway, getting chopped up would make the firing nice and messy.

Rheghead
16-Apr-09, 20:57
i would love to be turned into a brand of coffee! I would be mighty tasty i woud suppose with all the coffee i already drink to keep me going! :D No wonder i bounce off the roof all day long!

Erm, please can I have a cup of deadcaff! :lol:

balto
16-Apr-09, 21:13
me if i could i would want to be frozemn, just before i was about to die, so then when they found a cure for whatever i sucumbed to then they could bring me back, no one gets rid of me that easy lol.

scorrie
16-Apr-09, 21:14
I want to be turned into Caithness.org own-brand snuff, so that I can continue to get up people's noses after I have gone ;)

Thumper
16-Apr-09, 21:16
I want to be made into a diamond or a firework ,either would be fine as long as I sparkle for a while ;) x

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 21:19
Erm, please can I have a cup of deadcaff! lol:

You have to wait til am gone! ;) Which is hopefully a long time away! Want to be able to turn 21 this year!

balto
16-Apr-09, 21:21
You have to wait til am gone! ;) Which is hopefully a long time away! Want to be able to turn 21 this year!
party time lol.

joxville
16-Apr-09, 21:27
I want to be turned into Caithness.org own-brand snuff, so that I can continue to get up people's noses after I have gone ;)

Going by your recent posts I think being a suppository would suit you better. [lol]

Bobinovich
17-Apr-09, 01:15
Two words folks - Soylent Green :eek:

htwood
17-Apr-09, 04:28
How about like in the Sci Fi novel "Dune"? Dune is a planet without water, so when a person dies, the water in the body is extracted and ceremoniously given to the family in a small flask.

Ricco
17-Apr-09, 07:07
Typical, isn't it?

Ricco gives me a rollocking for telling him to get stuffed and, then, guess what? Along come .Orgers who actually want to be stuffed!

Very droll, Northener. Nice picked up on that one. ;)

brandy
17-Apr-09, 07:56
i like the diamond idea... afterall diamonds are forever!

riggerboy
17-Apr-09, 08:08
i dont think i want to waste any money so i just want to be placed gently in a black bag from lidl and placed in the bin for the council to pick me up and take me to the tip, and being a fat person i will take up some land fill lol

Errogie
17-Apr-09, 11:44
It's a really hard choice between being eaten by crabs and fish in a burial at sea or the land equivalent from I think Hindu culture where you are pegged out out for the vultures and crows to tear apart and scatter in their droppings from on high. Doesn't make a lot of difference either way!

The Angel Of Death
17-Apr-09, 12:59
i dont think i want to waste any money so i just want to be placed gently in a black bag from lidl and placed in the bin for the council to pick me up and take me to the tip, and being a fat person i will take up some land fill lol

Mind and make sure you pay for the uplift ain't done for free anymore ;)

riggerboy
17-Apr-09, 13:21
Mind and make sure you pay for the uplift ain't done for free anymore ;)

will the charge me full price for the bulk lift ????

maybe better leave the money under the bin then £15 is it

Rheghead
17-Apr-09, 18:12
will the charge me full price for the bulk lift ????

maybe better leave the money under the bin then £15 is it

You might get it done for free if you were dismembered beforehand into smaller bits, a bit more hassle and more bin bags would be required but it's worth thinking about.

the poacher
17-Apr-09, 18:38
put me in a space shuttle take me up in space then let me go out there

always wanted to go up in space so if its when im dead id be happy.. not bothered.

cullpacket
17-Apr-09, 18:47
The Karen from Scrabster used to do sea burials that's where I would like to go and it makes sense plenty oh water for us all no maintenance free feed for eh fish no flowers to buy look at the sea an smile!