PDA

View Full Version : DHL Delivery van.

Nivelo
16-Apr-09, 06:34
Does anyone know what time the van usually leaves Inverness or gets into Wick at? Been waiting for a package for a while now and it says on the tracking that it's in the Inverness depot.
Just looking for what time I should expect it to arrive at. Anyone else know roughly when they start delivering around town at?
Quite often see the guy getting his lunch at the front of woolies.
Thanks.

Blondie
16-Apr-09, 07:31
He has never been at mine before 2 or 3 pm. I think thats his normal time.

Nivelo
16-Apr-09, 07:46
Thanks for that. Just so I know what time to stay at home for.

Missy Wick
16-Apr-09, 08:56
I would phone the inverness depot or the person who sent it cos i remember waiting for a bed last august and 2 days after it was due to arrive, I phoned and asked where it was and it was sitting in Inverness and the guy asked me when do i want it!
my little boy was sleeping in with me cos i had chucked out his old bed in anticipation! lol too hasty!

shazzap
16-Apr-09, 09:31
[quote=Nivelo;534031]Does anyone know what time the van usually leaves Inverness or gets into Wick at? Been waiting for a package for a while now and it says on the tracking that it's in the Inverness depot.
Just looking for what time I should expect it to arrive at. Anyone else know roughly when they start delivering around town at?
Quite often see the guy getting his lunch at the front of woolies.
Thanks.[/quote

I am also waiting for a parcel from DHL, when did your parcel arrive in Inverness? My parcel got there at 3pm yesterday and was out for delivery at 18.30.

northener
16-Apr-09, 09:40
Your driver may be along to comment later.:Razz

Nivelo
16-Apr-09, 10:00
It arrived in Inverness about quarter past 4. Just spoke to a woman at the Inveness depot and she said it should arrive lunchtime no problem. WOO

shazzap
16-Apr-09, 10:12
It arrived in Inverness about quarter past 4. Just spoke to a woman at the Inveness depot and she said it should arrive lunchtime no problem. WOO

Thats good news hope mine is here by then too.

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 11:03
I am waiting for something too. Not sure if its DHL now though or else it would be here. Paid £19.95 for delivery. :confused And its not even that big an item really!

Thumper
16-Apr-09, 11:29
Hi Shelley the DHL van for Thurso is a different one from the one that goes to Wick x

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 11:56
Hi Shelley the DHL van for Thurso is a different one from the one that goes to Wick x

Yeah, i know the wick driver. If he delivered to thurso surely i would be stuck makin him a brew! Lol. :lol:

Hopefully what i am waiting for comes soon! Took me a while to save up for it, a present for the wee one! :Razz

Dog-eared
16-Apr-09, 12:02
DHL "lost" a parcel of mine in their Inverness depot. Took a few calls to get them to look then they found it OK.

shazzap
16-Apr-09, 12:05
Dose anyone have the number for the Inverness branch please

Thumper
16-Apr-09, 12:12
Yeah, i know the wick driver. If he delivered to thurso surely i would be stuck makin him a brew! Lol. :lol:

Hopefully what i am waiting for comes soon! Took me a while to save up for it, a present for the wee one! :Razz
Och Shelley your slipping up-I make him buy ME a coffee :lol: x

DeHaviLand
16-Apr-09, 20:55
Your driver may be along to comment later.:Razz

Or maybe not!:D

northener
16-Apr-09, 20:56
Or maybe not!:D

You disappoint me........I were lookin' forward to it.;)

DeHaviLand
16-Apr-09, 21:02
You disappoint me........I were lookin' forward to it.;)

I've disappointed far more people than just you Northener, although it has to be said, its usually women :lol:.

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 21:04
I've disappointed far more people than just you Northener, although it has to be said, its usually women :lol:.

Im disappointed that i have made u coffee quite a few times (fair enough in the past) but u wud never move and make me one! Men...huh! [lol]

balto
16-Apr-09, 21:23
somethings we just dont need to know lol.[lol][lol]

scorrie
16-Apr-09, 21:34
Dose anyone have the number for the Inverness branch please

DHL express 0870 110 0300‎ and 0870 366 1217

DHL domestic 01463 227320‎

DHL have been pretty lax about coming North in my experience. I recall getting load of bull from them (concerning a late delivery) about there being no traffic leaving Inverness due to snow. An hour later the Royal Mail were at the door with a parcel and told me service was as normal out of Inverness!!

DeHaviLand
16-Apr-09, 21:37
Im disappointed that i have made u coffee quite a few times (fair enough in the past) but u wud never move and make me one! Men...huh! [lol]

Making coffee is womens work Shelley. Now, run along and get your man his supper ;)

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 21:41
Making coffee is womens work Shelley. Now, run along and get your man his supper ;)

Cant, he is at work on night shift! Doin the man thing and makin the money! :lol:

DeHaviLand
16-Apr-09, 21:52
I have it on good authority that the DHL Wick van, usually, but isn't guaranteed, delivers in Wick from 12 noon till 4 pm. The nearer you live to the south of Wick, the earlier you will get your parcel.

DeHaviLand
16-Apr-09, 22:02
DHL express 0870 110 0300‎ and 0870 366 1217

DHL domestic 01463 227320‎

DHL have been pretty lax about coming North in my experience. I recall getting load of bull from them (concerning a late delivery) about there being no traffic leaving Inverness due to snow. An hour later the Royal Mail were at the door with a parcel and told me service was as normal out of Inverness!!

Oh dear, this seems like rubbish to me. I dont remember any occasion during the last 2 winters when the Caithness vans didnt leave the depot and head north. Twice this winter, so I'm told, vans have been ordered to return to Inverness early because of adverse weather conditions. This is because DHL take their Health and Safety obligations seriously.

The only time that DHL vans didnt travel north was during the winter of 3 years ago, when the A9 was closed at Golspie due to the danger of falling trees.

Definitely nothing lax about DHL service to Wick. In fact, it never ceases to amaze me just how professional the Wick driver is.

Additionally, the Royal Mail are not DHL. How would you know what the conditions were like when the Royal mail van set out, and what they were like when the DHL van was due to set out?

biggles
18-Apr-09, 12:23
get Euan to deliver it then,he never lets you down:lol:

Blondie
18-Apr-09, 12:27
The wick driver is lovely. Very chatty and helpful and a bit of a joker :)

DeHaviLand
18-Apr-09, 16:32
The wick driver is lovely. Very chatty and helpful and a bit of a joker :)

You forgot to mention charming and disarmingly handsome. I hear he's single too! You ladies should get in there while you can;)

ShelleyCowie
18-Apr-09, 16:34
You forgot to mention charming and disarmingly handsome. I hear he's single too! You ladies should get in there while you can;)

I think it would be wise to put a warning on! ;):lol:

Thumper
18-Apr-09, 16:50
Ah that must be the guy who covers when the permanent driver is on holiday then is it?;) x

scorrie
19-Apr-09, 20:35
Oh dear, this seems like rubbish to me. I dont remember any occasion during the last 2 winters when the Caithness vans didnt leave the depot and head north. Twice this winter, so I'm told, vans have been ordered to return to Inverness early because of adverse weather conditions. This is because DHL take their Health and Safety obligations seriously.

The only time that DHL vans didnt travel north was during the winter of 3 years ago, when the A9 was closed at Golspie due to the danger of falling trees.

Definitely nothing lax about DHL service to Wick. In fact, it never ceases to amaze me just how professional the Wick driver is.

Additionally, the Royal Mail are not DHL. How would you know what the conditions were like when the Royal mail van set out, and what they were like when the DHL van was due to set out?

I can assure you it is not rubbish. Are you calling me a liar?

My experience with DHL has not been at all good. They lied when they told me that there was no traffic going out of Inverness on the day in question. I had all the tracking details from the website and knew where the parcel was at all the various stages.

I also had a package sent to me via DHL which I paid £10 extra to have delivered next day. It took five days to arrive and I never got a refund, as DHL blamed the vendor and the vendor blamed DHL.

Less of the "Rubbish" if you please!!

DeHaviLand
19-Apr-09, 21:37
I can assure you it is not rubbish. Are you calling me a liar?

My experience with DHL has not been at all good. They lied when they told me that there was no traffic going out of Inverness on the day in question. I had all the tracking details from the website and knew where the parcel was at all the various stages.

I also had a package sent to me via DHL which I paid £10 extra to have delivered next day. It took five days to arrive and I never got a refund, as DHL blamed the vendor and the vendor blamed DHL.

Less of the "Rubbish" if you please!!

Would you care to show me where I called you a liar? In fact, would you care to show me where I said " this seems like rubbish to me" was directed at you, and not at the story you were given by DHL? Or maybe you just decided to take yet another opportunity to jump down my throat? Tut, tut, your slip is showing.

And just so that you can save your money in future, Caithness is a non-guaranteed area. Not just for DHL, but TNT, SPDS, and UPS as well. Your parcel will never reach you next day, thats logistics I'm afraid. Your vendor should have checked with DHL first.

Matthew
20-Apr-09, 02:52
I got a DHL delivery in Thurso at about 1PM if that helps at all lol.

scorrie
20-Apr-09, 10:02
Would you care to show me where I called you a liar? In fact, would you care to show me where I said " this seems like rubbish to me" was directed at you, and not at the story you were given by DHL? Or maybe you just decided to take yet another opportunity to jump down my throat? Tut, tut, your slip is showing.

And just so that you can save your money in future, Caithness is a non-guaranteed area. Not just for DHL, but TNT, SPDS, and UPS as well. Your parcel will never reach you next day, thats logistics I'm afraid. Your vendor should have checked with DHL first.

I never SAID you called me a liar. If you practice your own preachings you can clearly read that I ASK whether you are calling me a liar. Perhaps you could do the polite thing and answer my QUESTION.

It is clear from your rabid defence of DHL where your comment was directed.

Incidentally, what is all this about "yet another opportunity to jump down my throat"

Please show me the, clearly numerous, occasions where this has occured? Paranoid nonsense would be my assessment if you are unable to do this.

By the way, I have had numerous parcels arrive from England within 24hrs, so it CAN be done and the Royal Mail offer a next day guaranteed Special Delivery throughout the UK, so the "that's logistics" story doesn't wash.

I have had many hundreds of parcels sent to me over the past five years or so and DHL have always proved to be the least reliable on timescale in my experience. If your comment about never getting a parcel next day was referring to DHL, you are probably spot on in your assessment. As I say, other companies CAN get it done.

captain chaos
20-Apr-09, 18:54
We use TNT and they manage to get parcels from Oxfordshire to Thurso next day, almost without fail.

Just dont try to rely on UPS( unreliable postage service) or Parcel Force or as we more have come to call them Parcel Farse.

Gizmo
20-Apr-09, 19:45
Over the years i have bought many items that were supposed to be delivered with "Next Day Delivery" either by Courier or Royal Mail Parcel Force, and never has any one of them ever been delivered "Next Day", and nor i have i ever expected them to be delivered the next day, with living in Caithness i have always accepted that it will be "Day After Next Day Delivery"

As for DHL, no complaints here, had my new Lawnmower delivered on time by them last Friday by a big cheery fella :D

DeHaviLand
20-Apr-09, 20:54
Over the years i have bought many items that were supposed to be delivered with "Next Day Delivery" either by Courier or Royal Mail Parcel Force, and never has any one of them ever been delivered "Next Day", and nor i have i ever expected them to be delivered the next day, with living in Caithness i have always accepted that it will be "Day After Next Day Delivery"

As for DHL, no complaints here, had my new Lawnmower delivered on time by them last Friday by a big cheery fella :D

Hows the cat?

northener
20-Apr-09, 21:00

Don't know how the hell he manages that. Every time I see him he's asleep outside the Bank of Scotland.....

Gizmo
20-Apr-09, 21:04
Hows the cat?

Yeah he's alright, well as alright as being 19yrs old with cancer gets :( that was just his regular fortnightly trip to the vets for his steroid shot, it keeps him ticking away until the inevitable.

DeHaviLand
20-Apr-09, 21:12
Don't know how the hell he manages that. Every time I see him he's asleep outside the Bank of Scotland.....

You cannae expect him to face a 3 hour trip south without resting up first.
He is knocking on a bit you know, and he does work extremely hard to earn that rest time.

DeHaviLand
20-Apr-09, 21:16
I never SAID you called me a liar. If you practice your own preachings you can clearly read that I ASK whether you are calling me a liar. Perhaps you could do the polite thing and answer my QUESTION.

It is clear from your rabid defence of DHL where your comment was directed.

Incidentally, what is all this about "yet another opportunity to jump down my throat"

Please show me the, clearly numerous, occasions where this has occured? Paranoid nonsense would be my assessment if you are unable to do this.

By the way, I have had numerous parcels arrive from England within 24hrs, so it CAN be done and the Royal Mail offer a next day guaranteed Special Delivery throughout the UK, so the "that's logistics" story doesn't wash.

I have had many hundreds of parcels sent to me over the past five years or so and DHL have always proved to be the least reliable on timescale in my experience. If your comment about never getting a parcel next day was referring to DHL, you are probably spot on in your assessment. As I say, other companies CAN get it done.

I was going to reply to this, but as you obviously have great mind-reading powers, you'll know what I'm thinking anyway.

Gizmo
20-Apr-09, 21:30
He is knocking on a bit you know, and he does work extremely hard to earn that rest time.

It's also one of the perks of being a delivery driver :D
Not that i ever did such a thing in my 15yrs doing deliveries, not once did i ever take a nap in a lay by....no ser'ee ;)

northener
20-Apr-09, 23:36

Now, the problem is that if he didn't spend the best part of the morning stuffing his face at Woodys...he wouldn't need a kip outside BoS.

I get around, y'know.......

scorrie
20-Apr-09, 23:40
I was going to reply to this, but as you obviously have great mind-reading powers, you'll know what I'm thinking anyway.

No, you are not replying because you are out of your depth. Mind reading is NOT required. It is far simpler to read what someone has posted, realise it doesn't make any sense, and then just point that fact out.

People do not tend to rubbish a company and immediately wax on about how good they are at the back of it!! Anyone can see you were clutching at straws trying to infer that it MIGHT have been DHL you were calling rubbish. An honest man might simply admit that fact, but someone trying to bat above their average will try a cock-and-bull story instead. Here you are now trying to hide behind the classic forum welly of not posting because I already know what you think. Poor stuff

scorrie
20-Apr-09, 23:46

Just wondering, did you PAY for next day delivery, fully knowing it was impossible?

I have had a shed load of items delivered from England to Wick in less than 24 hrs. It usually depends on whether the couriers like keeping a promise or prefer to hide behind the usual "Oh, it's the Highlands or, not the UK Mainland, nonsense"

I find it funny that the Org rails against delivery companies who treat us like we live in the wilds, and then find it so acceptable to wait longer because "well we ARE living in the sticks you know!!"

northener
20-Apr-09, 23:53
I find it funny that the Org rails against delivery companies who treat us like we live in the wilds, and then find it so acceptable to wait longer because "well we ARE living in the sticks you know!!"

Scorrie, we do live in the wilds....

scorrie
21-Apr-09, 00:17
Scorrie, we do live in the wilds....

Only for CERTAIN couriers!!

thoms83
21-Apr-09, 11:19
i got a parcel off the van bout 11am this morn if that helps
also i think someone said that UPS is really unreliable - i always use them for high value parcels and theyve never let me down would highly recommend them actualy.

Gizmo
21-Apr-09, 12:06
i got a parcel off the van bout 11am this morn if that helps
also i think someone said that UPS is really unreliable - i always use them for high value parcels and theyve never let me down would highly recommend them actualy.

UPS don't even cover this area, they sub contract to AJG Parcels.

And talking of AJG, god knows how they ever got parcels delivered on time when one of their drivers in Wick spent more time standing outside his van in the precinct either, snogging the face off his girlfriend or arguing with his girlfriend, than delivering parcels [mad]

Moira
24-Apr-09, 00:51
Caithness is a non-guaranteed area. Not just for DHL, but TNT, SPDS, and UPS as well. Your parcel will never reach you next day, thats logistics I'm afraid.......

Caithness may well be a "non-guaranteed area" for delivery/courier services but I have to say that our business has enjoyed a consistent, excellent delivery service from DHL.

The charming guy in the yellow T-shirt just adds quality ;)

Corsastu
24-Apr-09, 13:07
Now, the problem is that if he didn't spend the best part of the morning stuffing his face at Woodys...he wouldn't need a kip outside BoS.

I get around, y'know.......

Well if you knew the guy ud know he has a kip outside BOS as you put it because once he has finished all his deliveries he has to stay in Wick until the BOS closes to take things down the road for them!!

northener
24-Apr-09, 15:31
Well if you knew the guy ud know he has a kip outside BOS as you put it because once he has finished all his deliveries he has to stay in Wick until the BOS closes to take things down the road for them!!

'Twas said in jest, friend!:D

thoms83
24-Apr-09, 16:09
UPS don't even cover this area, they sub contract to AJG Parcels.

And talking of AJG, god knows how they ever got parcels delivered on time when one of their drivers in Wick spent more time standing outside his van in the precinct either, snogging the face off his girlfriend or arguing with his girlfriend, than delivering parcels [mad]

lol know what u mean bout AJG but i think its Pegasus that deliver for UPS in Caithness?

I havnt used UPS since ive been in caithness but used them alot when i was in central belt.

Gizmo
24-Apr-09, 16:56
lol know what u mean bout AJG but i think its Pegasus that deliver for UPS in Caithness?

I havnt used UPS since ive been in caithness but used them alot when i was in central belt.

Nope, it's defo AJG that have the UPS sub-contract for Caithness, when your Xbox breaks down (which they always do) Microsoft give you contact details for UPS so you can arrange collection, and both times i have done this it has been AJG that collect and deliver.