PDA

View Full Version : Graham Beggs Wick

candy
15-Apr-09, 21:56
We bought a Free Sat box and sky dish from Graham Beggs wick, connected it all up ( according to the instructions if you had over 50% signal that was fine!) we had 86% signal but no picture. Graham Beggs came up, took 3mins to ajdust sky dish which is at ground level and charged £45:eek: I think that works out at £900 an hour ! What a rip off, won't be going back there again!!

We are encouraged to shop local, hmmmm I don't think so !

focus
15-Apr-09, 22:56
Beggs charge a £40 call out fee before they lift a screw driver. :eek:

did they not tell you this when you asked what the job would cost ?

Kevin Milkins
16-Apr-09, 00:37
Beggers can't be choosers.;)

buddyrich
16-Apr-09, 13:58
You could have gone to Chessor and still be waiting for it in five weeks time.

Ash
16-Apr-09, 14:11
You could have gone to Chessor and still be waiting for it in five weeks time.

hahaha yeah i know
then they charge you an arm and a leg

Invisible
16-Apr-09, 20:26
We bought a Free Sat box and sky dish from Graham Beggs wick, connected it all up ( according to the instructions if you had over 50% signal that was fine!) we had 86% signal but no picture. Graham Beggs came up, took 3mins to ajdust sky dish which is at ground level and charged £45:eek: I think that works out at £900 an hour ! What a rip off, won't be going back there again!!

We are encouraged to shop local, hmmmm I don't think so !

Thanks for that because I was going to ask them to sort out my Freeview and HDTV and was wondering what they cost. I know its not the point but did they make a difference with what they did?

ABC
16-Apr-09, 21:22
I think that most businesses charge the first hour as a call out charge.
So what would you prefer an 86% signal and no picture or it fixed for £45?:roll:

balto
16-Apr-09, 21:27
the problem up here is that we dont have a choice of companys to go to , so the ones that are here can rip us of, and they say we should shop locally what a joke.

candy
16-Apr-09, 22:10
I think that most businesses charge the first hour as a call out charge.
So what would you prefer an 86% signal and no picture or it fixed for £45?:roll:

I would have liked the box to do as it said and worked at 50% + (which we had) and are quite willing to pay a charge appropriate to the job. They are quick enough to give you all the patter when selling you the box !

Moonboots
17-Apr-09, 08:31
Alacam is usually quite good with pricing. I know that someone had to get their dish re-alligned on the roof and they charged alot cheaper than chessor and graham beggs.

Mind you - I would have done it cheap as well..lol

Blondie
17-Apr-09, 08:35
the problem up here is that we dont have a choice of companys to go to , so the ones that are here can rip us of, and they say we should shop locally what a joke.

They aren't a charity. They are a business. Are you aware of Hydro electric call out charge or Zanussi or Hotpoint?

Last time I used Hydro it was £40 call out and that was around 8 years ago.

Tony
17-Apr-09, 23:57
It could be you were picking up 86% signal of a different satellite and so could not be decoded hence the no signal. I think sky charge about £60 though so in that respect you could say you got a bargain. It must be remembered that it is not just the time taken to do the job but the knowledge and tools to complete it and costs involved running a business.
I could be wrong but I seem to recall Hotpoint were charging about £70 as standard at one point some time ago.

poppett
18-Apr-09, 13:20
Was going to suggest Alacam or Moonboots. Have used both in the past, and Moonboots sorted out dad`s problem a few weeks ago.

Kodiak
18-Apr-09, 18:43
I would Highly Recommend Moonboots, he is very reliable and his prices are excellent. He did some work for me and I am Highly Satisfied. I would not get anyone else now to work on my TV System. :D