PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning advice

kas
15-Apr-09, 21:44
I am looking for some cleaning advice. I have a dot that appears on most of my photos and do not think it is on the lens as I can see no mark and have tried wiping it many times. So I am thinking it could be in the camera. You can see it on the top left hand side of the photo.

Any idea on how to get rid of it. The camera has its own sensor cleaning.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/kasm/Dhead1.jpg

tiggertoo
15-Apr-09, 22:12
this is dust on your sensor sometimes ur sensor cleaner wont clean stubborn marks so have to do it manually,dust often gets inside the camera when changing lenses, you can buy sensor cleaner products,i use a product called dust aid which i found easy to use rather than using cotton buds and cleaner,dust aid is a sticky pad that u put on ur sensor and then take off and any stubborn marks will come off,look at your camera manual on how to set your camera to manually set your camera so you can get to your sensor,i hope this helps a bit if not i'll try and explain better.

avalon
16-Apr-09, 00:10
Try Adobe photoshop it will get rid of any unwanted marks

North Light
16-Apr-09, 10:39
kas,

Almost certainly dust on the sensor.

As a first method try the following,

1. In setup menus there should be an option to open the shutter for sensor cleaning. This should only be done with a fully charged battery.

2. Take the lens off.

3. holding the camera so the open lens mount is facing downwards and using an dust blower, the rubber bulb type, blow into the camera, being careful not to touch the shutter.

4. Turn Camera off, shutter will close, then put lens back on.

You might have to repeat this, if it doesn't work you will need to use a sensor brush, or cleaning swabs.

If it's only the one spot and the blower didn't work I would remove the spots in Photoshop or similar program.

NL

kas
16-Apr-09, 17:09
Many Many thanks guys. I will try NLs method this evening and buy some of the cleaning products. I do not have photoshop yet so I cant do that.
Cheers

Deemac
16-Apr-09, 20:13
Kas,
Any photo editing software with a clone tool will do.

North Light
17-Apr-09, 11:04
Kas,
Thanks.
What I should have said, and Deemac has correctly pointed out virtually all photo manipulation software will include a tool suitable for the removal of dust spots. I don't know what type of camera you are using, but I would be very surprised if you didn't get some software with the camera that will do the job for you.

NL