PDA

View Full Version : Lost Fridge

Kevin Milkins
15-Apr-09, 19:39
With the weather being perfect for a family trip to the beech over the bank holiday weekend to enjoy a picnic it would seem that someone took there fridge with them to keep the food and beer cool.

On the lane between Ackergill Tower and the golf club that runs down to Reiss beech the fridge has fallen off the back of there vehicle and landed in the ditch before they got to the main road.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/th_04_15_2.jpg

catran
15-Apr-09, 19:54
OOps thought someone had lost a fridge and I was just about to suggest [lol]that Northerner might find it in a lay bye like the suite and Regheads sideboard

northener
15-Apr-09, 19:54
With the weather being perfect for a family trip to the beech over the bank holiday weekend to enjoy a picnic it would seem that someone took there fridge with them to keep the food and beer cool.

On the lane between Ackergill Tower and the golf club that runs down to Reiss beech the fridge has fallen off the back of there vehicle and landed in the ditch before they got to the main road.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/th_04_15_2.jpg

That is a terrible loss.

It must have been an accident.

Surely no-one would drive out there to dump a fridge whan they could have disposed of it legally at Wick rubbish depot ............

More importantly: Any beer in it?

northener
15-Apr-09, 19:56
OOps thought someone had lost a fridge and I was just about to suggest [lol]that Northerner might find it in a lay bye like the suite and Regheads sideboard

If this keeps up I'll be able to kit out the whole of me house with some better quality gear!:Razz

catran
15-Apr-09, 20:14
If this keeps up I'll be able to kit out the whole of me house with some better quality gear!:Razz
Good show Northerner.:lol: I like it.

Liz
15-Apr-09, 22:28
Oh that sooooooo annoys me! Yet another person using the countryside as a dumping ground,[evil]
I saw a microwave in a ditch near to where I live (any good for you Northener?).

As Northener said they could have taken it to the recycling depot.

GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Julia
15-Apr-09, 22:41
I don't think it's dumped, I can't be certain but it looks quite like that missing fridge I saw on tv last month, the show was called A.W.O.L (absent without leccy).

According to the former owners it's had been a wee bit depressed for some time since the interior light stopped working and the drip tray cracking up was the last straw, the owners came down one morning to find a dirty patch on the floor where the fridge had once stood, it's never been seen since.

Rheghead
15-Apr-09, 22:44

Considering the good weather at the weekend, it was probably the last ditch attempt to keep the beer cool.

shazzap
15-Apr-09, 22:49
Considering the good weather at the weekend, it was probably the last ditch attempt to keep the beer cool.

LOL but don't give up your day job. :)

catran
15-Apr-09, 22:52
Well you should know.......the medium thing mebobob thing ,your Traceys, Geordags sdeboard ect.so where is the probablity??? You or Tracey should know where it came from??? If you are any good???????

Gene Hunt
15-Apr-09, 23:53
Maybe its not lost or dumped. Maybe its just drunk and sleeping it off after a night on the tiles, I have certainly woken up on my back in a ditch before.

I know my fridge will slink out with the tumble dryer and the washing machine for a night out every now and again. First they head to the 24 hour Tesco where Fridge gorges himself on cheap beer and the laundry duo get out of their face on Bounce and Lenor. Normally they make it back OK but the last time it happened the Police caught all three of them after they broke into the local branch of Curry's. Fridge was chatting up a Frost Free model (way out of his league though) and the washing machine and tumble dryer were doing unspeakable things to a dishwasher and a microwave.

Rheghead
16-Apr-09, 00:00
Maybe its not lost or dumped. Maybe its just drunk and sleeping it off after a night on the tiles, I have certainly woken up on my back in a ditch before.

Or maybe the person underneath had a crush and is now just yer typical fridge magnet??:lol:

Kevin Milkins
16-Apr-09, 00:32
Oh that sooooooo annoys me! Yet another person using the countryside as a dumping ground,[evil]
I saw a microwave in a ditch near to where I live (any good for you Northener?).

As Northener said they could have taken it to the recycling depot.

GRRRRRRRRRRR!

I am still not convinced that this fridge was dumped.

I had a good nosh on the ham rolls from within and drank most of the beer before having a bit of a snooze in the lane.

It was only when Mrs M awoke me with a phone call that I took a photo of the fridge to explain to her why it took me two hours to walk the dogs that I felt a need to try and reunite it with it's true owner.

This is a fine looking fridge with much life left in it, (although no ham rolls or beer) and well worth a rescue.

Kodiak
16-Apr-09, 00:35
I am surprised it has taaken this long for the first reported Dumped Large Item since the Council in its wisdom put a charge of £15.00 for Large Item Uplifts.

Kevin Milkins
16-Apr-09, 00:45
I am surprised it has taaken this long for the first reported Dumped Large Item since the Council in its wisdom put a charge of £15.00 for Large Item Uplifts.

Its a fair comment Kodiak, but under what circumstances do you load a large object into your vehicle and drive down a rough lane to fly tip it instead of taking it to the recycle depot?:confused

smj
16-Apr-09, 00:46
Hey, has anyone noticed the mattress lying in the field, off the Thurso to Castletown road, the fridge should get itself down there, it would be more comfy for it. :Razz

Kodiak
16-Apr-09, 01:09
Its a fair comment Kodiak, but under what circumstances do you load a large object into your vehicle and drive down a rough lane to fly tip it instead of taking it to the recycle depot?:confused

One they do not want to pay the Council £15.00 and two they are just too lazy to take to Janetstown.

So they Dump it.

If the council was still doing free uplifts then they might have phoned up and had it uplifted for free.

northener
16-Apr-09, 08:57
Hey, has anyone noticed the mattress lying in the field, off the Thurso to Castletown road, the fridge should get itself down there, it would be more comfy for it. :Razz

Me and Mrs N always said we'd do an 'Observers Guide To British Mattresses'.

Categorise them into narrow, single, double, king size and then water.

Where they were spotted nesting, likely migratory routes and common colour (and stain) patterns.

All I need is a £25k advance from a publisher and I'm onto it......

Liz
16-Apr-09, 12:27

Kevin if you go further up the road you will find a filing cabinet 'dumped' in a ditch.
Don't think it was someone taking their office work with them when going to the beach?lol

Errogie
16-Apr-09, 16:04
I've just helped do a litter pick on the south Loch Ness Roadside before the visitors start to come and was able to rescue a fine example of one of Shanks best porcelain toilets. Set it up on the verge with an overhead strip light fitting for the truck to pick up a few days later. Don't ask me what it was doing there!

Thumper
16-Apr-09, 16:39
Now thats what I call a loo with a view ;) [lol] x