PDA

View Full Version : Lochsheel Dental Clinic

wickerlad
15-Apr-09, 18:22
COuld anyone shed some light Lochsheel Dental Clinic is it a private practice or on the nhs. Anyone know what the prices are like how much for a check up, filling etc. Also is there a long waiting list for an appointment?

Kevin Milkins
15-Apr-09, 18:48
COuld anyone shed some light Lochsheel Dental Clinic is it a private practice or on the nhs. Anyone know what the prices are like how much for a check up, filling etc. Also is there a long waiting list for an appointment?

I have been on the waiting list for two years now so dont get tooth ache anytime soon.:confused

Dadie
15-Apr-09, 20:10
Its nhs but I think they do emergency appointments through the dental helpline if you get toothache!

Katy
15-Apr-09, 20:20
Yeah Lochshell defo do emergency appointments through the dental helpline if you have toothache, my husband had toothache last week and that is where they sent him.
Katy x

poppett
15-Apr-09, 22:35
My friend, OH and I all registered for NHS dentist on the same day the second day the phone line was opened years ago. She was lucky enough to have toothache and got an emergency appointment at Lochshell, and has been kept on by them as an NHS patient. OH and I are further down the list than when we started out now, and I have been once to the Bridges in Wick when the front of a tooth fell off. Was told all they would do was pull it out, but persuaded them to dress it and toddled off to my old NHS dentist in Edinburgh who crowned it for me on the NHS as it was within thirteen months (just by two days) of him having previously seen me so technically I was still his patient although on the waiting list for Caithness.

Seems a bit of a lottery.