PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback Mountain Rides Again!

gleeber
27-Feb-06, 22:57
I saw this movie last week. Brilliant! I would highly recomend it to anyone whether they are tolerant of homosexuality or intolerant. Theres no doubt the story line was a wee bit odd for a full blooded male like myself but anyone who is unable to grasp the human story behind the movie would probably miss the point of Bambi too.
The acting was fantastic. Looks like a good bet for a few oscars.

DW
28-Feb-06, 00:24
SNIP

The acting was fantastic. Looks like a good bet for a few oscars.

No prize for the funniest alternative title for this Movie - best 2 I have heard so far

Bareback Mounting

Oaklahomo [lol]

Bingobabe
28-Feb-06, 00:31
Heard it has:roll: had alot of good reveiws so it will be one to watch for me

Gleber2
28-Feb-06, 00:49
You're just trying to annoy Gollach!!!!!LOL

landmarker
28-Feb-06, 20:22
It's gone floppy at the box office I hear, despite all the talk of impending Oscars.

obiron
28-Feb-06, 20:50
dunno about this film its not cos of the gay theme that doesnt bother me. find that all those films that do well at the oscars and critics love are a load of rubbish. that said if we all liked the same films the world would be a boring place.

wickerinca
28-Feb-06, 21:09
I'm going to go watch it again..........!!

weeboyagee
28-Feb-06, 22:24
You're just trying to annoy Gollach!!!!!LOL
Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the thread heading!!!! :D

Saveman
28-Feb-06, 22:25
Is it like a RomCom?

Gleber2
28-Feb-06, 22:54
Sorry about the spelling of your name. I believe my spelling is the right one,however, but I will not call you Gollach again.:~( It wis Gleeber at telt me till do id.

star glazer
01-Mar-06, 12:43
Can't say I believe that such debauchery should be tolerated. This sort of "under the counter"material is depriving our children of decency and moral values.
Hollywood should be ashamed to glamorise such filth. These types should stay in their own closet's, and keep this shameful rubbish to themselves.

golach
01-Mar-06, 20:25
Sorry about the spelling of your name. I believe my spelling is the right one,however, but I will not call you Gollach again.:~( It wis Gleeber at telt me till do id.
'Ats all right Gleber2, I'll forgive ye, but I am astounded 'at an intellegent chiel lek yursel, can be led doon 'e road it hell by Gleeber :confused:

golach
06-Mar-06, 12:12
I saw this movie last week. Brilliant! . Looks like a good bet for a few oscars.
Gleeber owld mate a wee question, how many Oscars did this film get? Never become a Tippster, as following your tips would ruin me.
Glad to see that the Oscar Committiee saw sense and did not cave in to the Pro Homosexual hype that has been created.

scorrie
06-Mar-06, 14:23
Gleeber owld mate a wee question, how many Oscars did this film get? Never become a Tippster, as following your tips would ruin me.
Glad to see that the Oscar Committiee saw sense and did not cave in to the Pro Homosexual hype that has been created.

I think the film won three Oscars, may not have been the "big" ones but quite a compliment nonetheless. Have you seen the film by the way? Seems a bit paranoid claiming that the Committee saw "sense". If the film was the best film then it would have deserved to win and to claim it would only have won because of hype seems a bit speculative at best.

By the way, Nick Park comes across as a bit "jolly", perhaps the Pink Oscar went there instead ;o)

_awayoflife_
06-Mar-06, 15:35
i went to see that it was alright a bit harsh for it being a 15 tho!

rich
06-Mar-06, 18:37
Without ever having seen this film I condemn it out of hand. Everybody knows that cowboys only ever kiss their horses. And that is done very chastely. OK - perhaps a tiny peck on the cheek of the Schoolmarm as you get ready to ride off into the sunset. But that's it!!!!!

canuck
06-Mar-06, 19:20
Welcome back. I haven't even read the post, just so delighted to see the "rich" on the board.

Sporran
06-Mar-06, 19:45
Yaay, welcome back rich! :D Good to see you posting again! We've missed you!

scorrie
06-Mar-06, 20:31
Without ever having seen this film I condemn it out of hand. Everybody knows that cowboys only ever kiss their horses. And that is done very chastely. OK - perhaps a tiny peck on the cheek of the Schoolmarm as you get ready to ride off into the sunset. But that's it!!!!!

Maybe you were on the Oscars committee and that is why the film didn't scoop as many awards ;o) Next year you will have to promise to watch all the nominated films though, just in case objectivity manages to overcome your pre-conceived prejudice.

Of course, everyone knows that "true" cowboys were wholesome, clean-cut guys who only ever indulged in murder and rape, eschewing anything as disgusting as loving a fellow man.

rich
06-Mar-06, 20:46
I am quite prepared to review any movie without having seen it. I think you are setting impossibly high standards for critcism.

knightofeth
06-Mar-06, 20:53
I am quite prepared to review any movie without having seen it. I think you are setting impossibly high standards for critcism.

How do you review a movie without seeing it?

canuck
06-Mar-06, 20:58
How do you review a movie without seeing it?

Please, no one answer "by faith" and set that Science and Religion thread debate going again.

connieb19
06-Mar-06, 21:12
http://dylan.mikrotron.com/Gallery/03.08.05_Super%20Gay/05_Gay%20Cowboys.%20Lots%20of%20%27em..jpg (http://dylan.mikrotron.com/superchachi/index.php?fn=details&album=21&num=5) It seems the craze has caught on!!![lol]

angela5
07-Mar-06, 00:54
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/brokebackfuture

Abdullah
07-Mar-06, 01:01
Thank god it's not, "lord of the rings"......;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Mar-06, 01:02
http://dylan.mikrotron.com/Gallery/03.08.05_Super%20Gay/05_Gay%20Cowboys.%20Lots%20of%20%27em..jpg (http://dylan.mikrotron.com/superchachi/index.php?fn=details&album=21&num=5) It seems the craze has caught on!!![lol]

What happened to the Village People.........:lol: :lol:

connieb19
07-Mar-06, 01:04
Thank god it's not, "lord of the rings"......;)Doc Brown his name was too, the mind boggles!!:eek:

Abdullah
07-Mar-06, 01:04
Maybe they'll remake thunderbolt and lightfoot[lol][lol][lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Mar-06, 01:07
I hope no Abdullah!!!!!

connieb19
07-Mar-06, 01:07
http://dylan.mikrotron.com/Gallery/03.08.05_Super%20Gay/05_Gay%20Cowboys.%20Lots%20of%20%27em..jpg (http://dylan.mikrotron.com/superchachi/index.php?fn=details&album=21&num=5) It seems the craze has caught on!!![lol]:eek: [para] One of them looks scarily like my ex...lol...I thought i hadn't seen him about in a while..

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Mar-06, 01:12
:eek: [para] One of them looks scarily like my ex...lol...I thought i hadn't seen him about in a while..

Connie, look to the row of guys nearest to us,5th guy back.Thats the guy who the dance teacher would say"No.....NO........NO!!!!!!!.....You must dance with the others with the same steps!!!!!!!!!!!":lol: :lol:

connieb19
07-Mar-06, 01:14
Connie, look to the row of guys nearest to us,5th guy back.Thats the guy who the dance teacher would say"No.....NO........NO!!!!!!!.....You must dance with the others with the same steps!!!!!!!!!!!":lol: :lol:Cedric...click on the picture, i did it by mistake and theres another one...lol[lol] [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Mar-06, 01:21
Cedric...click on the picture, i did it by mistake and theres another one...lol[lol] [lol]

Ahhhh now that other picture feels familiar tonight.When oor own Mad Wicker 24 thought that oor very own 2 little 2 late was a she!!!Noo a could be wrong but I think its an auld guy wi a checked shirt next to a Ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wi a pink dress.:lol: :lol:.......the picture that is....Not.......Mad Wicker 24 and 2 little 2 late!!!!!!!!!!

connieb19
07-Mar-06, 01:22
Ahhhh now that other picture feels familiar tonight.When oor own Mad Wicker 24 thought that oor very own 2 little 2 late was a she!!!Noo a could be wrong but I think its an auld guy wi a checked shirt next to a Ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wi a pink dress.:lol: :lol:Theres 20 pictures...lol!!! Maybe you will recgnise a few if you have look...lollol:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Mar-06, 01:30
Theres 20 pictures...lol!!! Maybe you will recgnise a few if you have look...lollol:lol:

Connie pal,noo me and you like a good laugh!!!!But that guy wi' the checked shirt looks a right happy guy in photo 6 wi' the Ladeeeeeeeee in Pink......but just take a look at the SAME checked shirt guy in picture 11 wi' the Ladeeeeee in Blue.....wit an auld grumpy guts....Victor Meldrew eat yir heart ooooootttttt!!!!:lol: :lol:

DrSzin
07-Mar-06, 17:05
I am quite prepared to review any movie without having seen it. I think you are setting impossibly high standards for critcism.Hey rich, nice to see you back. And with that acerbic sense of humour intact too...

It's just like old times with partan and rich back on board. Long may you both post. :D

rich
07-Mar-06, 21:06
I just love those pictures. I wonder are they cloned.
Reviewing movies without actualy seeing them is dead easy. Any hack can do it! (Even me)First of all you read somebody else's review to get a general idea of what is going on.
You then deal with the topic in general subtly (or not so subtly) suggesting that you are the world's expert on this type of movie.

For example: Gay cowboys? Sam Peckinpah the director of the Wild Bunch which pretty well defined the '70's Vietnam era western must be spinning in his grave.
The greatly aged, Cint Eastwood, not yet in Boot Hill but surely by now with one foot in, we might imagine sending one of his trademark sneers in the direction of the Broken Back Club.
But another look at Eastwood and one thinks, well maybe not.
For whom does senior citizen Eastwood resemble most in the movie pantheon? Why, none other than '50s cowboy icon Randolph Scott. And not coincedentaly Randolph Scott was one of Pekinpa's favourite stars - Ride the High Country being distinguished by the tactile camera style slithering sensually over the leather clad Scott - surely one of the great bad boys of Hollyood - openly gay and a flatmate of Cary Grant - who as far as I know never made a cowbly movie. Grant was never out of the closet. Randolph Scott's had swing doors like the old saloons.
Certainly Clint Eastwood's stogie, his poncho, his lack of verbal communication all suggest, the MAn with No Name is an anonymous, sexually ambivalent dangerous piece of rough trade.
Let me recommend this movie. Go see it, pardner. Make up your own mind. I predict that this years Oscar ceremonies will be a real shoot out between the Hollywood gay community and the hetero mafia who exploit them.
Etc etc etc