PDA

View Full Version : Thrift shop back bridge street

Amy-Winehouse
15-Apr-09, 16:33
Thrift shop starts on the 18th of April until 25th of April all proceeds go to charity

Lots of bargains dvds, baby and toddlers clothing some designer, womens clothes shoes handbags most items like new baby buggy,s baby accessories moses basket like new car seats small raffle as well

come along and help us raise money :Razz

The thrift shop is in the empty shop that used to be hobgoblin

katrina
16-Apr-09, 20:59
What time do you open at on Saturday morn?:D

Kodiak
16-Apr-09, 21:29
What Charity is this for? Or is it for more than one and if so which Charities are they?

Amy-Winehouse
16-Apr-09, 22:17
The thrift shop opens at 10 on saturday and the charity is to raise awarness for autism and to raise money for a little boy to go to america 2 do 2 weeks intense therapy to help him lead a independent life . After we have raised enough for the little boy we plan to do this every year to help the local children in caithness who are diagnosed with this complex condition which affects 1 child in every one hundred . We are going to keep this charity local so it will benifit the local familys who have children with autism and help them ease the burden of the finiacial strain which unfortunatley comes with having a child with autism.

teenybash
17-Apr-09, 11:11
The thrift shop opens at 10 on saturday and the charity is to raise awarness for autism and to raise money for a little boy to go to america 2 do 2 weeks intense therapy to help him lead a independent life . After we have raised enough for the little boy we plan to do this every year to help the local children in caithness who are diagnosed with this complex condition which affects 1 child in every one hundred . We are going to keep this charity local so it will benifit the local familys who have children with autism and help them ease the burden of the finiacial strain which unfortunatley comes with having a child with autism.

Excellent idea and good to know proceeds will benefit local folks. I will certainly be popping in and spending.:)

Kodiak
17-Apr-09, 23:46
I will be in at around 12 noon on Saturday so I hope you will still be open, :D

Amy-Winehouse
18-Apr-09, 08:55
Nice to see people coming to support a local charity see you all there .

Amy-Winehouse
18-Apr-09, 15:47
Just like to say a big thank you to all the people who came and spent there hard earned cash today a brillant turn out and were delighted :D

And an even bigger thank you to Robert Macdonald northern studios who gave us his empty shop for a week and didnt want anything for it cant thank him enough a really nice guy.

And a thank you to all the people from caithness who have kindly gave us all there unwanted goods for the thrift it was very generous of you and we appreciate it.

And on a final note were back open again on monday untill saturday each day having new items so please pop in starts everyday from 10 .

Thanks again every penny is a step closer to help for the little boy :D

And just to make everyone aware it,s autism awarness month so spare a thought for all the local families who strive to give there children a better future through determination and strength and we admire you.

Amy-Winehouse
21-Apr-09, 17:18
Just to let everyone know. Thanks to kind and generous people in caithness we have alot more items some brand new were still open for the next week so keep coming in and have a look :D

poppett
21-Apr-09, 18:06
Pleased your fund raising is going well. Our great nephew is five and autistic. He gets good support from school and family, but is very hard work as he has no fear of heights or danger on the road. Biggest thing in his life is music and he is very talented, as already played for school assembly, but funding lessons and other play activity is always a big issue for his parents.

Keep up the good work.

Amy-Winehouse
24-Apr-09, 12:37
Thanks for your comments poppet much appreciated :D

Shop still going strong we have raised alot of money and awareness in a short space of time :D

any how were still open and if anyone has got any unwanted items please pop them in to us we would be very grateful for anything donated any how saturday we have alot of homebaking come along and have a look

thanks

sjr014
24-Apr-09, 19:25
Defo worth a look i got a cool we toy role play kitchen for ma girl for £1! Bargain!

Dadie
24-Apr-09, 20:33
Lauren loves her hello kitty top and red tracksuit!

mrjolly
25-Apr-09, 18:58
was in a look today. well worth a look, keep up the good work:D

Amy-Winehouse
25-Apr-09, 21:30
Thanks for the comments it,s a well worth cause and lots of bargains. We do our best to give the custumers a fair deal:D always have new items in every week thanks to all the local folk who have been kind enough to give us all there unwanted goods and still bringing in things.

We are now open for the forseeable future as we have done so well in our first week thanks to all the people who have bought alot of our items keep coming please.

We have a new raffle starting from monday the 27th come on in and get ur raffle ticket and fresh home baking everyday :D

We have a few volunteers working in the shop now and thanks to them for giving up there spare time to help us out and helping us raise awareness of autism in our local community as a community we rally together and im proud to say i come from wick :D

Nibbler
26-Apr-09, 07:25
That is brilliant news Amy-Winehouse.

I have to confess I haven't made it in yet but will be this week coming. I kept forgetting about it until I look at e org and then curse that I didn't go in!!!

Keep up the good work.

Amy-Winehouse
26-Apr-09, 09:21
Thanks Nibbler plenty of time to pop in now :D

Amy-Winehouse
09-May-09, 10:40
We are now selling autism awareness ribbions please come in and buy one and help us raise awareness :D

Amy-Winehouse
17-May-09, 22:14
Im on the scrounge again :D if anyone has any unwanted items could you please donate it to us we would be very grateful for anything you can give

thanks