PDA

View Full Version : SORTED!!! *huge grins*

brandy
15-Apr-09, 14:28
YES! have my flights and everything sorted!
im off home for a week and a half on the 6th may!
so ill get to see my mom!
hubby is staying home with the kids as it was just going to cost to much, i hate to leave them behind but needs must.
im so evil though! im not telling my family that im coming home.
my uncle chris knows as he is going to meet me at the airport and come home with me. (he also lives away from home albeit just in the next state over!)
so we are just going to pull up to my cousins house, knock on the door... as if coming over for a cuppa.. and say hi, just thought i would drop in as ive not seen you in a while *G*
will prepare my mum first though! trying to figure out how to do that one! *laughs*
its funny how happy i am.. just to be going home to visit! will have to take loads of pics!

anneoctober
15-Apr-09, 14:33
YES! have my flights and everything sorted!
im off home for a week and a half on the 6th may!
so ill get to see my mom!
hubby is staying home with the kids as it was just going to cost to much, i hate to leave them behind but needs must.
im so evil though! im not telling my family that im coming home.
my uncle chris knows as he is going to meet me at the airport and come home with me. (he also lives away from home albeit just in the next state over!)
so we are just going to pull up to my cousins house, knock on the door... as if coming over for a cuppa.. and say hi, just thought i would drop in as ive not seen you in a while *G*
will prepare my mum first though! trying to figure out how to do that one! *laughs*
its funny how happy i am.. just to be going home to visit! will have to take loads of pics!
Where is "home" Brandy? Our Jeanine is off back for a couple o weeks at the end of the month to New York state. I'm tryin real hard not to hide her passport........[lol]

brandy
15-Apr-09, 14:35
north carolina... well wick is really home.. but im from N.C. and thats where all my family are *Grins* just glad to be able to see everyone and spend some time with my mom. cant wait!!!

anneoctober
15-Apr-09, 14:38
north carolina... well wick is really home.. but im from N.C. and thats where all my family are *Grins* just glad to be able to see everyone and spend some time with my mom. cant wait!!!
You have a blast girl ! Pics for e Org please !!..........Boo Hoo, i wanna go Ruby Tuesdays.........:~(;)

poppett
15-Apr-09, 14:47
Glad you have a plan, Brandy, and hope it all goes well for you and you have some quality time with you mum.

We did the surprise visit to Holland a few years back for my aunt and uncle`s diamond wedding. My cousin who lived in the next street hid us overnight the night before, my other cousin having collected us from the airport. On the day of the family gathering they had booked a piper and had a DVD made. When we arrived my uncle thought it was the local mayor and wasn`t going to let us in as he didn`t like him. Oh the happy tears when they realised it was us. We had a wonderful week with family I hadn`t seen for many years and my OH had never met.

the poacher
15-Apr-09, 15:17
hope you have a good holiday brandy
it will be good to see your mum again bet you you cant wait lol

Ojibwa
15-Apr-09, 15:20
Thats lovely Brandy, hope you have a great time. :) I understand how costly it can be for air travel with kids. One day I hope to surprise my family with a trip home to Wick.

I was thinking about a trip to Raleigh, NC TO SEE U2 in concert but then I saw the price of their tickets. :eek:

Dadie
15-Apr-09, 20:17
Glad you managed to get sorted to see your Mum before its too late.
It will be hard to leave the boys though.
Bet they have thought of a list of stuff for you to get already:D

catran
15-Apr-09, 20:38
I am so pleased for you Brandy what a lovely surprise for your mam and in fact all the relations. Hopefully you will enjoy the precious time. I feel sure the boys will appreciate you so much more when you get back. Hope they have their " I want list made up". It will be hard leaving them but honestly it will do no harm and the OH and them will cope fine and it will be their time . The hard bit will be leaving mam but enjoy it all as we only pass through this life once.

brandy
15-Apr-09, 21:38
well the surprise isnt a surprise any more.. *G* broke down and told mum today! was talking to her, and she was going on about how much she missed me.. and wished i could be home, and well.. said .. mama ive got a surprise.. im coming home.. it was out of my mouth before i could stop it! she was over the moon! told her quickly all in one breath.. that it was only me and not kids and don.. and only for a week and a half.. did she care? shes getting her baby home.. i sat being ignore for 5 min. while she told every nurse and resident in hearing distance that HER Daughter in SCOTLAND was coming to visit her! omg.. i almost peed myself laughing.. *G* she was so innocent in the way she said it.. like sam would say... well MY MUM has a new car and its much better than your mums.. *grins* awww bless! she then turned around and said.. thats ages away! 3 weeks mum... 3 weeks she said! ill never sleep unto your here... then she forgot i was on the phone again and started plotting with her little wifey room mate on where I was going to be taking them!
i swear its true! we turn back into children when e get elderly!

Dadie
15-Apr-09, 22:01
Knew you would blab!
Was going to phone mo tommorrow to but bets on as to when:D

teenybash
15-Apr-09, 22:37
I bet your mum will have never known such a happiness in a long time. You will both have so much to talk about.................enjoy this very special holiday with your sweet mum.......give her heaps of hugs from us here at the org!!!!:D

Fran
16-Apr-09, 01:34
Brandy i am so thrilled you are going. It will be really good for you to have this time with your mum, and you will know that in months ahead it was the best thing to do to have this preciouse time together. Memories aRE WHAT WE MAKE THEM AND THEY ARE SO GOOD TO HAVE. i will be thinking about you and see you next month.

Dynamic Sounds
16-Apr-09, 02:36
Where is "home" Brandy? Our Jeanine is off back for a couple o weeks at the end of the month to New York state. I'm tryin real hard not to hide her passport........[lol]

Please Don't! It is costing me enough to keep her here withouy you hiding the thng that needs changed! :D

Penelope Pitstop
16-Apr-09, 15:12
well the surprise isnt a surprise any more.. *G* broke down and told mum today! was talking to her, and she was going on about how much she missed me.. and wished i could be home, and well.. said .. mama ive got a surprise.. im coming home.. it was out of my mouth before i could stop it! she was over the moon! told her quickly all in one breath.. that it was only me and not kids and don.. and only for a week and a half.. did she care? shes getting her baby home.. i sat being ignore for 5 min. while she told every nurse and resident in hearing distance that HER Daughter in SCOTLAND was coming to visit her! omg.. i almost peed myself laughing.. *G* she was so innocent in the way she said it.. like sam would say... well MY MUM has a new car and its much better than your mums.. *grins* awww bless! she then turned around and said.. thats ages away! 3 weeks mum... 3 weeks she said! ill never sleep unto your here... then she forgot i was on the phone again and started plotting with her little wifey room mate on where I was going to be taking them!
i swear its true! we turn back into children when e get elderly!

I think that by telling your mam your coming "home" you've given her even more to look forward to on top of the week and a half that you'll spend with her. Have a great time. :)

justine
16-Apr-09, 15:42

Any chance you can bring me back a carolina corn snake.;)

Only kidding, hope you have a great time at your second home.Have a safe journey.:D