PDA

View Full Version : tiscali

kitty kat
15-Apr-09, 12:36
as you may or maynot no tiscali has been off for a week and a half if you know someone still affected get them to ring the helpline number where they can get help gaining access

0871 222 33 11

scorrie
15-Apr-09, 14:19
as you may or maynot no tiscali has been off for a week and a half if you know someone still affected get them to ring the helpline number where they can get help gaining access

0871 222 33 11

I am with Tiscali and I can assure you they have not been "off".

They ARE in financial difficulty though. There have been takeover rumours and speculation for the past few years. BskyB tried to buy them and I did read that Tiscali said they might not be able to guarantee service. I have had no loss of service whatsoever though.

Moonboots
15-Apr-09, 14:25
Its true Tiscali and other ISP's have been having problems due to a BT problem in London!!! However this should be sorted now.

Sage
15-Apr-09, 14:38
Im with Tiscali and it's more or less on track now, but there have been some times when it's been down for hours.

Didnt know about the financial difficulties though!

pat
15-Apr-09, 16:25
not having any problems with tiscali at all

kitty kat
15-Apr-09, 16:27
I am with Tiscali and I can assure you they have not been "off". a little less attitude please

They ARE in financial difficulty though. There have been takeover rumours and speculation for the past few years. BskyB tried to buy them and I did read that Tiscali said they might not be able to guarantee service. I have had no loss of service whatsoever though.

alot of tiscali users have been off and i have spoken to the company several times in the past two weeks and was told that the guys working on the olympic stadium dug through the wires for a few providers and so alot of people have been off line but tiscali took the longest to gain service again. i phoned this morning and was talked through how to gain access again (and no i did not have to open my browser i wish ).

ShelleyCowie
15-Apr-09, 16:37
alot of tiscali users have been off and i have spoken to the company several times in the past two weeks and was told that the guys working on the olympic stadium dug through the wires for a few providers and so alot of people have been off line but tiscali took the longest to gain service again. i phoned this morning and was talked through how to gain access again (and no i did not have to open my browser i wish ).

Yeah my OH came home from work (BT) and said how major it was. Caused lots o problems for them!

scorrie
15-Apr-09, 17:37

There is no "attitude"

My internet connection is on 24/7, I have had no loss of service. You reported that Tiscali had been "Off" for a week and a half. That is clearly not the case. It is a lot different from some users experiencing problems. My point is solely concerning accuracy when posting information. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. There seems to be a culture of taking offence at the wind changing on this forum these days!!

devil's sidekick
15-Apr-09, 17:43
There is no "attitude"

My internet connection is on 24/7, I have had no loss of service. You reported that Tiscali had been "Off" for a week and a half. That is clearly not the case. It is a lot different from some users experiencing problems. My point is solely concerning accuracy when posting information. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. There seems to be a culture of taking offence at the wind changing on this forum these days!!

Sorry to say mate but tiscali has been off i'm with tiscali and have had no problems mine has been on all the time but my sister is also with tiscali and hers has been off and on for ages so some people are having problems just not you and me and maybe a few others

scorrie
15-Apr-09, 18:23
Sorry to say mate but tiscali has been off i'm with tiscali and have had no problems mine has been on all the time but my sister is also with tiscali and hers has been off and on for ages so some people are having problems just not you and me and maybe a few others

As I have tried to explain, there is a difference between an internet service provider being "Off", and some of it's users having problems.

cuddlepop
15-Apr-09, 18:33
They're off on Skye too,something about a tunnel collapsing and would take some time to fix.

When my friend asked for a refund they were told where to go and it wasnt to their bank to get the money back.:(

kitty kat
15-Apr-09, 19:06
As I have tried to explain, there is a difference between an internet service provider being "Off", and some of it's users having problems.#

at time of posting this every tiscali user i know had been affected i was only posting a number so other people affected could get help

i was informed by tiscali this was a up and down the uk outage!!!!!

it was not some but a majority of users where abouts are you guys who never lost conection ?

ShelleyCowie
15-Apr-09, 20:01
They're off on Skye too,something about a tunnel collapsing and would take some time to fix.

When my friend asked for a refund they were told where to go and it wasnt to their bank to get the money back.:(

It was a bore drill went through a tunnel and cut something like over 200 fibres! I think it was that many anyway. :)

scorrie
15-Apr-09, 20:21
#

at time of posting this every tiscali user i know had been affected i was only posting a number so other people affected could get help

i was informed by tiscali this was a up and down the uk outage!!!!!

it was not some but a majority of users where abouts are you guys who never lost conection ?

I am in Wick, near the Bignold Park.

Sorry if I seemed to be being picky. I only wanted to make it clear that this was not a total loss of service.

If Tiscali don't find a buyer soon, I may move on. I am only still with them because I get a special rate after complaining to them a few years ago.

daviddd
15-Apr-09, 20:38
My friend in Latheron has had no internet (Tiscali) for a week. Thanks for the tip Kittykat - I'll pass on the message by texting (which I hate by the way lol)

Jeid
15-Apr-09, 22:02
With Tiscali and the service has had dips over the past week.

kitty kat
15-Apr-09, 23:04
With Tiscali and the service has had dips over the past week.

mine started off as a few dips on the sat through until tuesday last week then it just went off when i phoned they said it was a full network cut off they phoned me back today and said this weekend bt will be back doing something to the lines so it may be on and off saturday and sunday

Fran
16-Apr-09, 01:09
My tiscali has been fine all the time, no problems

Penelope Pitstop
16-Apr-09, 15:18
Our tiscali has been fine as well. Although the inlaws (or outlaws should I say !!![lol]) did not have service last week either (not sure about now). They were told it was something to do with a cable being dug up in London????

Countryman
16-Apr-09, 18:52
I was off line for three days - due to a Problem with BT Wholesale - a message from BT came up when I tried to connect to tiscali - Tiscali's help line indicated that one should reboot not only the computer but the wirless router the connection came back on Thursday.
I believe there were rumors of a Tiscali sell off early 2008 but nothing came of it.

thoms83
16-Apr-09, 20:20
from bbc news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/tough_times_for_tiscali_custom.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7932339.stm

mines has been fine but has been a fair bit slower over the last couple of weeks

miranda
16-Apr-09, 20:29
I am with tiscali and have had no problemswhat so ever :confused

Geo
16-Apr-09, 20:58
I'm guessing this is the problem:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3924-major-cable-cut-in-east-london-tunnel.html

MadPict
16-Apr-09, 22:39
Quick everyone - jump ship...

http://www.macworld.co.uk/business/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=25744

daviddd
16-Apr-09, 22:50
Tiscali service should now be back to normal - it's been OK for a few days but my friend had to reload the router software to get connected again.

Moira
16-Apr-09, 23:04
mine started off as a few dips on the sat through until tuesday last week then it just went off when i phoned they said it was a full network cut off they phoned me back today and said this weekend bt will be back doing something to the lines so it may be on and off saturday and sunday

I'm not with Tiscali kitty kat so I didn't experience any problem with my connection. I do know of some people who did though, so your warning and posting of the helpline number is welcome.

If some Tiscalli customers are due to experience some disruption in service next weekend, as you say, then I'm sure they will be grateful for you pre-warning them. :)

thoms83
17-Apr-09, 12:39
Quick everyone - jump ship...

http://www.macworld.co.uk/business/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=25744

can we jump ship now even if we've been with tiscali less than a year?

Geo
17-Apr-09, 13:22
Sadly not as they will just quote their contract term. It's possible someone will buy their UK ISP business so service will hopefully not be affected.