PDA

View Full Version : Soup recipies please

JWM
15-Apr-09, 09:29
My 3yr old loves soup anyone got any different recipies that we could try?
thanks

golach
15-Apr-09, 10:16
Try here

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=34630&highlight=soup+recipies

dellwak
15-Apr-09, 11:27
Try this one:
Chinese Cucumber Soup
Take a piece of gammon and cut it into strips.
Mix 4 tbsp soy sauce with 2 tbsp dry sherry and marinade the gammon in it for 2 hours. The alcohol in the sherry cooks off.
Boil up some water in a pan, add a chicken stock cube and the gammon and simmer for 20 mins.
Slice up a cucumber and add it to the soup 5 mins. before the end of the cooking time.
A lovely refreshing soup for the summer.

Enjoy

Rheghead
17-Apr-09, 19:57
Just boil a load of assorted veg in a pan of water and some vegetable stock cubes. Blend or part blend the lot and voila. My favorite is just a bunch of celery and a tattie or two. It takes about half an hour. It is lovely and filling with hardly any grease/oil or fat so good for keeping trim.

5050sarah
18-Apr-09, 10:16
the nicest soup iv made yet is carrot and pepper

to make a big pan

4 yellow peppers
3 0range peppers
10 carrots
2 onions
add chicken stock to taste

honestly it is yummy.x

sjr014
20-Apr-09, 20:50
the nicest soup iv made yet is carrot and pepper

to make a big pan

4 yellow peppers
3 0range peppers
10 carrots
2 onions
add chicken stock to taste

honestly it is yummy.x

Tried this tonight and it is yummy!

shamrock2007
31-May-09, 21:21
Kids seem to love soup with pasta or rice in it. Maybe some Chicken & Rice or Tomato with pasta. Yum. :)

floyed
01-Jun-09, 12:40
I make this one its delicious -

ONION 1
CARROT 1 TIN OR HANDFULL OF FROZEN OR 3 FRESH
CHICKEN AS MUCH AS U LIKE
NEEP 1/2
CELERY 2
LONG SPAGETTI HANDFULL
3 CHICKEN STOCK CUBES

ŠAmethyst
02-Jun-09, 10:44
I've got a few soup recipe's as many store bought soups contain lactose so I tend to make my own.

I have a recipe for such a delicious soup, Greek Roast Vegetable Soup!

Unfortunately it always takes me a couple of hours to make but is lovely and messy if the kids want to help make it... pulling cold roast veg apart - my kid brother thought this was great fun!

2 aubergines
4 tomatoes
2 red peppers
2 onions unpeeled
2 gloves of garlic unpeeled
4 tbsp olive oil
sprig of fresh oregano
salt and pepper
2 1/2 pts of chicken veg stock
fresh basil or chopped fresh parsle to garnish.

1. Stab the aubergine skins with a fork and put in a roasting tin. Add the tomatoes, peppers, unpeeled onions and garlic.
Sprinkle with 2 tbsp olive oil.Roast in preheated oven 180/350 for 30 mins, then remove the tomatoes. Roast the remaining veg for a further 30mins or until soft and the pepper skins are blackened.

2. Put the cooked roasted vegetables in a bowl cover with a damp tea towel and leave until cold. When cold cut the aubergine in half, scoop out the flesh and put in another bowl. Remove skin from the tomatoes, cut in half, discard the seeds and add the flesh to the bowl. Hold the peppers over the bowl to collect the juices and peel of the skin. Remove the stem, core and seeds add the flesh to the bowl. Peel the onions, cut into quarters and add to the bowl. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and add them to the bowl.

3. Heat the remaining olive oil, in a large saucepan,add the vegetables and their juices, the leaves from the oregano, salt and pepper and cook gentle for 30 mins, stirring frequently. Add the stock to the pan, bring to boil and then simmer for 30 mins.

4. Allow the soup to cool slightly,then puree in a food processor or blender.If neccessary heat the soup.Serve hot,garnished with basil leaves or chopped parsley.

aldis
14-Jun-09, 20:48
One of my favourite soups is one I invented several years ago.

Salmon/Corn Chowder

In a small amount of butter or margarine, saute finely diced green onion, red and/or green pepper and celery and some grated carrot. (the more colourful the better)

Take one tin of cream style corn and add to the vegetables.
Fill the empty tin with milk (fat free or full fat or anything in between) and add to the
veggie/corn mixture.
Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until the milk is steaming around the edges.

Add a tin of salmon, liquid and all, and heat until salmon is warm.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Fresh or dried Tarragon is nice but not necessary.
A pinch of cayenne can add a bit of zing, but don't overdo that spice.
Enjoy

This recipe lend itself to substitutions.
Leave out the corn or leave out the salmon.
Add extra milk or vegetables if someone unexpected arrives for lunch.