PDA

View Full Version : Salsa lessons

Fran
15-Apr-09, 02:41
I just love watching people doing the salsa dance, and seeing they are doing beginners classes in wick boys brigade hall i am really tempted to go. Trouble is i think i will get my legs all tangled with someone elses and end up on the floor with a broken hip!!

butterfly
15-Apr-09, 02:52
I just love watching people doing the salsa dance, and seeing they are doing beginners classes in wick boys brigade hall i am really tempted to go. Trouble is i think i will get my legs all tangled with someone elses and end up on the floor with a broken hip!!

Well it will be no good to me with my 2 left feet!!![lol]

porshiepoo
15-Apr-09, 09:07
I used to go to the one you speak of Fran. Very very good, you should give it a go.
A friend and I started with Steve Hickes in Thurso and I have to say it was fantastic. He then also started the Wick one so we were going twice a week and absolutely loved it.
Problem for me ended up being that I have so much stuff to do here and we're on the land most of the evening in summer and I just couldn't find the time to be going out.
I really enjoyed my time dancing though and Steve is a great teacher.

Butterfly: I too thought like you and I was really reluctant to go as I have no coordination and cannot dance to save my life. You'd be suprised just how much you can do though and it wasn't long before I was merrily dancing away to some quite tricky sequences.

Allsorts
15-Apr-09, 09:29
When is it on in Wick?

porshiepoo
15-Apr-09, 09:58
Used to be a Wednesday night around 7ish at the BB hall.

You should be able to get Steves contact details through 'whats on' on the Caithness board (not the forum)

Happy dancing.

porshiepoo
15-Apr-09, 10:00
Here you go.

Salsa Lessons

Wednesday 15 April 2009 (http://whatson.caithness.org/index.php?day=15&month=4&year=2009)

April 2009 In Full (http://whatson.caithness.org/month.php?month=4&year=2009)

Starts: 19:00 Ends: 22:00
Salsa lessons provided for:
Absolute beginners(free)…..7:00-8:00
Beginners...............………...8:00-9:00
Improvers..............………....9:00-10:00
at the Boys’ Brigade Hall, Wick
(50 yds on the right down Henrietta Street which is opposite the Elm Tree petrol pumps on the main road heading out of town towards Tescos)
Ages 12 to 16 to be accompanied by an adult
Note: the absolute beginners are welcome to join the beginners class at 8:00

Price: £5 per person/ £8 per couple
E-Mail: shix@hotmail.co.uk
Phone: Steve Hicks 01847 851778 / 07840090038

katarina
15-Apr-09, 10:44
I'm going tonight Fran. I have two left feet, so I hope to see you there!

katarina
15-Apr-09, 10:46
Oh just a note to those who don't know where BB hall is, as above directions, only don't waste time looking for elm tree filling station - it's no longer there. building is now Caithness Tyres.