PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Tea as in cup of Tea!

nicnak
27-Feb-06, 20:41
Ok we have had biscuits so now we have to have tea, afterall you cant have biscuits without tea can you!
My favourite tea was always yorkshire tea but have recently gone onto Clipper fairtrade and it is one of the best teas I have ever had. I used to love a tea called NAFFI tea but cant seem to get it anywhere now.
So whats your favourite tea?

unicorn
27-Feb-06, 20:43
Tetley is my favorite.

lassieinfife
27-Feb-06, 21:19
yuck ... never drink tea tastes like foosty water

Shalom
27-Feb-06, 21:49
Dilmah is good.
My favourite is Twining's Earl Grey. (Tried a cheaper one recently...Somerfield's own....unrecognisable as Earl Grey!)
Twining's Lapsang Souchong was a favourite until someone told me it smelled like the liniment vets use on horses' legs!! Kind of off-putting!

BRIE
27-Feb-06, 22:00
has to be tetleys for me too!:o)

Whitewater
27-Feb-06, 22:15
I like Twinings Earl Grey, also Yorkshire tea, as well as an occasional cup or two of green tea.

grantyg
27-Feb-06, 22:36
English breakfast and earl gray - has to be BWSI approved
British Work Force Standard Issue or Milk and 2 sugars for evryone else

erli
27-Feb-06, 22:37
A soothing cup of chamomile for me.

_Ju_
27-Feb-06, 22:40
Rooibos: low tanines, no caffeine. Great taste and excelent for colicy tummy's, even in tots.

Foxy
27-Feb-06, 22:48
Has to be tetley.

Saveman
27-Feb-06, 23:29
I've never drunk the stuff and don't fully understand the national obsession with it.
Water is da bomb! :cool:

coastown
27-Feb-06, 23:33
:confused p g tips t-bags (the ones with the chimpanzees) who remembers brook bond double d tea bags.

riggerboy
27-Feb-06, 23:34
the best cuppa t is the one the wife makes as e sit on yer bum

Violetsky
27-Feb-06, 23:45
Twinnings Green Tea Blend - is simply the best - but you need to stock up when you are in Inverness as it is no longer available up here, that I can find

lasher
27-Feb-06, 23:48
Mushroom tea!
[lol]

Bingobabe
28-Feb-06, 00:01
Tetleys tea got to be the best or on the rare occassion scottish blend

angela5
28-Feb-06, 00:09
Mushroom tea!
[lol]

[lol] Not the magic one...

willowbankbear
28-Feb-06, 02:07
PG Tips Or Scottish blend

George Brims
28-Feb-06, 02:25
I like those Tetleys ones with the double string, that don't drip tea on my foot when I make a cup at work!

Rheghead
28-Feb-06, 03:04
Twinnings Earl Grey and Yorkshire for me. But I do like my tea with a slice of lemon in it once in a while with plenty of sugar. Can't stand lapsang souchong, it is vile. Tetley is ok, as is PG Tips (Hey Mr Shifter, Do you know the piano is on my foot? :p ).

I have heard that Green leaf tea is very good because of its cancer preventing properties.

Of course the best cup of tea is by someone else who just knows how you like it.:o)

wickerinca
28-Feb-06, 03:55
Twinings English Breakfast. Green tea and Rooibos tea.........and proper Iced Tea, preferably Long Island;)

canuck
28-Feb-06, 04:44
Twinings Earl Grey.

angela5
28-Feb-06, 08:41
Tetleys......:grin:

paris
28-Feb-06, 09:14
Has to be lemon tea or banana tea from jamaica, yum yum !

Ojibwa
28-Feb-06, 09:38
I really like vanilla or peppermint, yum yum!!!

crashbandicoot1979
28-Feb-06, 10:17
Tetleys, twinings earl grey, green tea, peppermint tea (from Lidl), and nettle tea (an aquired taste - can make you shudder on the first mouthful!!!). Also like Twinings Lady Grey tea - like earl grey but with a citrus flavour. Lovely!

Lavenderblue2
28-Feb-06, 10:58
I always use Twinings Earl Grey (shop brands of Earl Grey just don't match up) I keep Yorkshire tea to serve to visitors who don't like Earl Grey.

Whittards of Chelsea have some fine tea's - it's amazing how large the tea leaves are on the good tea's - once brewed they can be huge and block the spout of the teapot!

Off now for my morning cup of coffee! :)

krieve
28-Feb-06, 11:29
I am not really a tea or coffee lover but if i do have tea Tetleys

_awayoflife_
28-Feb-06, 12:13
Yorkshire tea for me :o) nothing better than a good cup or tea,even better on a snowy cold day like today [smirk]

Tymey
28-Feb-06, 12:58
Nambarrie all the way. Although I do like the pictures on the boxes of Yorkshire Tea.

scotsboy
28-Feb-06, 18:48
Gotta be Nambarrie - best tea in the World!! Unfortunatley I can't getit out here, so Twinnings Englsih Breakfast.

I am partial to a Green tea with mint as well.

htwood
28-Feb-06, 19:10
Scottish blend gives me a good kick, also like Yorkshire Gold. Murchies of BC Canada makes a No. 22 Blend, i think it has lapsang souchong, jasmine and a good black tea in it. yummy and fragrant!
In the evenings, my scottish granny used to drink something she called "cambridge tea", it was hot water with a splash of milk.

angela5
28-Feb-06, 19:15
Scottish blend or Earl grey.

Alice in Blunderland
28-Feb-06, 19:35
Scottish blend or typhoo tea very strong with just a touch of carnation milk.....lovely tasting tea:lol:

obiron
28-Feb-06, 19:48
cant beat tetleys or scottish blend. think its tetleys were using cos they were on offer.

canuck
01-Mar-06, 00:34
I couldn't find Yorkshire or nambarrie to try them. However, today they had some Twinings Lady Grey (often difficult to find here), so that came home as I quite enjoy it too.

teddybear1873
01-Mar-06, 06:25
tetley T but ye canna beat the loose T

And i havent found decent T bags over here in the States, its drivin me nuts, there great for there ice T...................yuk

canuck
01-Mar-06, 14:25

And i havent found decent T bags over here in the States, its drivin me nuts, there great for there ice T...................yuk

And you likely won't find great tea in the States. That Boston incident has left a long lasting impression. I have to load up my suitcase when I go to visit in Orlando. I often wonder if my friends are happier to see me or the tea I bring with me.

wickerinca
01-Mar-06, 21:10

No...........we alays take teabags with us when we go down for a break!! I'm telling you...stick to the Long Island Iced Tea...don't drive afterwards though!!

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 21:19
Lapsong Souchong is lovely. The smokey smell is great. I also like Earl Grey and normal tea.

Shadow
01-Mar-06, 21:27
I like earl grey tea, camomile tea is nice too, with honey in it, and some fruit teas.

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 21:29
I like earl grey tea, camomile tea is nice too, with honey in it, and some fruit teas.
mmmmm fruit teas. Raspberry and Echinacea

goldenguernsey
01-Mar-06, 22:44
Tetley one cup, nice and strong. mmmmmmmmm

captainbubba
02-Mar-06, 05:23
tetley is the only tea :D , the rest just tastes like dish water lol