PDA

View Full Version : why did you pick yours.

balto
13-Apr-09, 21:51
just having a wee look to see who is online tonight, and notice a new member called wispa, now i get where that comes from, but where did the rest of you get your user names and why did you choose it. I decided on balto as at the time it was my eldest daughters favourite film.

Kevin Milkins
13-Apr-09, 21:54
just having a wee look to see who is online tonight, and notice a new member called wispa, now i get where that comes from, but where did the rest of you get your user names and why did you choose it. I decided on balto as at the time it was my eldest daughters favourite film.

I just thought I would go for something original.;)

butterfly
13-Apr-09, 22:00
Love butterfly's!

bettedaviseyes
13-Apr-09, 22:12
i picked my name cos i like bette davis and i have dark eyes like her's silly really [lol]
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/WINXPU%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg

Cupcake
13-Apr-09, 22:12
Hi, I picked mines cause thats what the OH calls me...... Usually when he wants something!!:Razz

ShelleyCowie
13-Apr-09, 22:30
I may have picked mine because i think its my name. No wait its not actually! My name is something different if im being honest! ;)

arana negra
13-Apr-09, 22:36
Mine is spanish for black spider which is a user name I used on another forum. It was chosen to go with the funny avatar of a spider climbing in a pink toilet.

teenybash
13-Apr-09, 22:57
I chose mine as it is the same name as one of my pet ewes.............

domino
13-Apr-09, 23:08
After a Cocker Spaniel that had mince for brains

joxville
13-Apr-09, 23:08
Mine comes from Joxvillanus, a little known Greek philosopher, poet and humourist. As the central cult figure in various mysterious religions he was also a role model to Adonis. He was given sainthood by Pope Alopecia in 266AD and became the Patron Saint of Baldies. :cool:

DeHaviLand
14-Apr-09, 00:27
Mine comes from Joxvillanus, a little known Greek philosopher, poet and humourist. As the central cult figure in various mysterious religions he was also a role model to Adonis. He was given sainthood by Pope Alopecia in 266AD and became the Patron Saint of Baldies. :cool:

Hmmm, cant find him on Google. You sure you didn't just make that up?

oldmarine
14-Apr-09, 00:39

I picked mine because I am an old marine who served in the US Marine Corps during WW2. I am 84 years of age and I guess that does make me old. It's interesting to see how different ones picked their names.

Vistravi
14-Apr-09, 01:13
I had no choice! My partner set it up and don't want to change it now even though i've taken it over[lol]

hotrod4
14-Apr-09, 05:54
Mine was picked for me by a relative for a laugh!! It was a name he had used on a chatroom that he used to use for a laugh. Though I had to drop a vowel from the end of it!!![lol]

padfoot
14-Apr-09, 06:57
i got mine from harry potter sirius black's nickname

riggerboy
14-Apr-09, 07:59
i dont know where i got mine from as i`m not a rigger and sadly no longer a boy, if it was possible to change my user name i would to something like permitmannie, or officeteamannie,
or o i dont know i think i`ll just stick to rigger chiel

northener
14-Apr-09, 08:11
I just spelt mine wrong and couldn't work out how to change it.:~(

justine
14-Apr-09, 13:38
Because its who i am.;)

singysmum
14-Apr-09, 14:37
My son Peter was always referred to as Singy by his mates so mine seemed an obvious choice!!:lol:

Thumper
14-Apr-09, 15:26
An old boyfriend called me Thumper so when I was thinking of a username it seemed the obvious choice -good name-useless boyfriend [lol] x

Gene Hunt
14-Apr-09, 16:18
Mine was picked for me by the wife, mainly because I am politically incorrect and a bit of a sexist. But seeing as I am the only man in the house now my son has left home and my wife and two girls are rampant feminists it was always going to be inevitable I turned out that way.

Plus I am ruggedly handsome and take no nonsense from anyone.

honey
14-Apr-09, 17:00
im a rangers supporter and got called a "hun" on many occasions.. so i changed it into something a bit sweeter..

the poacher
14-Apr-09, 19:26
i picked mine because it remindes me o my dad (r.i.p dad)

he was one of the best poachers in wick a long long time ago.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-09, 19:33
A friend of mine set up my account and was going to call me Alice in Wonderland as he is a member of the Wick Players and into Pantomime.

I felt it sounded too perfect so he called me Alice in Blunderland instead. ;)

Bazeye
14-Apr-09, 19:43
Area of Barrow called Barrow Island, where I live. Locals call it Baz I.

Lingland
14-Apr-09, 20:08
Obvious Im from the land of the Lings

joxville
14-Apr-09, 20:14
A friend of mine set up my account and was going to call me Alice in Wonderland as he is a member of the Wick Players and into Pantomime.

I felt it sounded too perfect so he called me Alice in Blunderland instead. ;)

Yeah, there's only one perfect orger and that's.......joxville [lol]

butterfly
14-Apr-09, 20:37

He thinks...:roll::lol:

Fri_13
14-Apr-09, 20:44
I chose mine as i made it on Friday 13th No bad luck here yet :D

catran
14-Apr-09, 20:59
just as we were thinking of a name the cat ran furiously after our little doggie so thought it very appropriate.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-09, 21:21

OOhh not one for praising oneself are we now. :lol:

I bow to your superiority oh perfect one.......................aye right ;)

joxville
14-Apr-09, 21:24
OOhh not one for praising oneself are we now. :lol:

I bow to your superiority oh perfect one.......................aye right ;)

Dinna bow too far....ye might get my foot connecting wi' yer bahookie! [lol]

the second coming
14-Apr-09, 21:32

The misses stole my original name who are my favourite musical band.

Then I was 'Caithness Import' but got banned about 2 years ago for being sarcy to a humourless moderator and then reinstated but by then it was too late, the dummy was left way behind.

I was then working away from home a lot and I joined up again, mainly for the quiz as I could get the craic with some mates who used to frequent the Sunday night event but as my brotherinlaw had used the title of another top band and their début album I took the name of their second album 'the second coming'.

A long and winding tale but it gets there in the end!

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-09, 21:35
Dinna bow too far....ye might get my foot connecting wi' yer bahookie! [lol]

Now Jox you wouldnt hit a poor defenceless lady .................would you ;)

joxville
14-Apr-09, 21:42

No, I wouldn't...but then, I don't know any ladies, do you? [lol]

DOCTOR
14-Apr-09, 22:17
It is my name. ;)

balto
14-Apr-09, 22:24

No, I wouldn't...but then, I don't know any ladies, do you? [lol]
now now children play nice lol.[lol]

Dadie
14-Apr-09, 22:29
My hubby set up the account and chose the name and I just hijacked it as im to lazy to open my own account and get my own email address....
We just use the same email address, I had a seperate one but couldnt remember my password.... and never used it.... he set it up for me....

Twiggy
14-Apr-09, 22:39
I am called Twiggy because I resemble her:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-09, 22:43
now now children play nice lol.

Me play with Jox .......................:eek: :lol:

Nah I just like to mess with his head. Sure Jox ;)

golach
14-Apr-09, 22:45
Me play with Jox ....................... :lol:

Nah I just like to mess with his head. Sure Jox ;)
Alice!!! 'ats no nice, you should not mock the afflicted [lol]

joxville
14-Apr-09, 22:47
Me play with Jox .......................:eek: :lol:

Nah I just like to mess with his head. Sure Jox
As long as ye dinna mess my hair. [lol]

golach
14-Apr-09, 22:49
As long as ye dinna mess my hair. [lol]
See what I mean Alice, he has delusions, he thinks he has hair [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-09, 22:51

On his chest Golach or maybe his legs. :eek: But yes definately not on his head. :cool:

golach
14-Apr-09, 22:53
On his chest Golach or maybe his legs. :eek: But yes definately not on his head. :cool:
Alice, its only a rumour, but I was told he de-foliates :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
Alice!!! 'ats no nice, you should not mock the afflicted [lol]

Erm Im sorry........... I think. Poor Jox yes hes certainly afflicted. ;)

joxville

You're right Golach, I do suffer from delusions...I used to think you were funny. [lol]

How can I soar like an eagle when I'm surrounded by crows?

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-09, 22:54
Alice, its only a rumour, but I was told he de-foliates :eek:

Are you sure thats not de-flates :eek:

joxville
17-May-09, 12:22

Hmmm, cant find him on Google. You sure you didn't just make that up?

Of course I did! You didn't really Google that, did you? :eek: [lol]

DeHaviLand
17-May-09, 12:39
Of course I did! You didn't really Google that, did you?

Lol, you took your time coming up with that witty answer :roll:. And, of course I didnt, sheesh :D

joxville
17-May-09, 12:46
Lol, you took your time coming up with that witty answer :roll:. And, of course I didnt, sheesh :D

Phew, thank God for that-you're one of the very few on here I credit with having brains. :)

DeHaviLand
17-May-09, 13:06
Phew, thank God for that-you're one of the very few on here I credit with having brains. :)

Well, thank you very much:D. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Katie Melua? ;)

joxville
17-May-09, 13:08
Many times, must be the way I wiggle when I walk. ;)

Fluff
17-May-09, 13:11
My name comes from the fact I am Fluffy! LOL, plus my hair growing in is fluffy and soft

poppett
17-May-09, 13:15
mine`s a bit like wispa, but pepperminty. Poppett is my OH`s pet name for me and I for him.

Mystical Potato Head
17-May-09, 13:20
One of my favourite Joe Satriani tracks.....Its actually Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing.

Nibbler
17-May-09, 13:41
Like some before have said, the other half picked mine.

Its just as the name says. When she is about, look out, the cupboards are bare (especially if there is chocolate in the house :roll:)

Mmmm, that gets me thinking. Time for a raid in the kitchen :lol:

That's Nibbler.

She appears every so often, so I'll apologise now if she has been round to your house and emptied some cupboards

Bazeye
17-May-09, 18:23
The misses stole my original name who are my favourite musical band.

Then I was 'Caithness Import' but got banned about 2 years ago for being sarcy to a humourless moderator and then reinstated but by then it was too late, the dummy was left way behind.

I was then working away from home a lot and I joined up again, mainly for the quiz as I could get the craic with some mates who used to frequent the Sunday night event but as my brotherinlaw had used the title of another top band and their début album I took the name of their second album 'the second coming'.

A long and winding tale but it gets there in the end!

1st album is an all time classic.:cool:

cuddlepop
17-May-09, 18:27
Cuddlepop is a safe place to be when life is tough.;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-May-09, 20:23
Cedric.............have a good mate called Fredrick
Farthsbottom........a toot fae ma musical flute
III.........cause three different folk,in three years on the org have been posting.It just depends who signs on first.

Not sock puppets,the three are just Cedric,nobody else.:D

nightspirit
19-May-09, 17:26
Nightspirit...

Hummmm twas a number of years ago when CB's were the thing and i used to spend a lot of time yapping into the wee small hours was looking for a nic and this just sounded right - also because i was told my rig gave my voice an etheral sound so Nightspirit was born.

wee sparkle
19-May-09, 23:21
wee sparkle.....

cause i add a wee bit of sparkle to dear Alice's life ;)

majic
19-May-09, 23:23
well simply my fav horses name

celtic lass
20-May-09, 08:00
mines is easy im celtic daft and im a lass simple as that.

maverick
20-May-09, 21:08
A Maverick I have always been and will always be...

Foxy
20-May-09, 23:51
Foxy because i'm a foxy lady. ;)