PDA

View Full Version : YASHIN + support. Skinandi's 18.04.09

theboss
13-Apr-09, 10:13
Having started out several years ago Yashin have slowly built-up a fanbase that seems to keep growing and growing, regardless of the fact Yashin remain unsigned they are still one of the most loved bands to come out of Glasgow having numerous fans not just in Scotland and the rest of UK but globally as well. Yashin come under influences from Funeral for a Friend, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive and many more. Yashin have shared the stage with many bands including Lost Prophets, The Used, Gallows, Aiden, Rise Against, The Blackout, Flood of Red, Kids In Glass Houses & Azriel. They have also appeared on the Channel 4 programme “MobileAct Unsigned” in which they featured gaining suitable praise from Radio 1 presenter Jo Whiley. They have also played numerous festivals such as Taste of Chaos 2007 & 2008 and appeared at T in the Park.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b8ef37eac7.jpg (http://www.myspace.com/theyashin)

zebedy
17-Apr-09, 14:41
when people bump threads, it's boring. So i thought i'd give you something to look at :)

Hope a few of you can make it down.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/THURSOFLYERRE-DONE.jpg

loganbiffy
18-Apr-09, 14:05
Well folks, the day has arrived and we are very excited about tonight!
Looks like there is going to be a very good crowd in skinandi's tonight and we can't wait to get up and play some tunes.

See you all there.

K dragon
18-Apr-09, 18:21
have to admit from the myspace site its sounds like generic emo, screamo stuff. best of luck to them though

not keen.

did somebody hear about the complaint to the council about the poster to the council LOL!

zebedy
19-Apr-09, 00:25
did somebody hear about the complaint to the council about the poster to the council LOL!

Haha that made me LOL. Some people tbh... just bleh ;)

just back, I had a blast, and to my surprise Yashin really got my heart pounding. Wow what an intense band. Defiantly worth checking out as a live act. The recordings I thought sounded like alot of the generic screamo acts around. But these guys blew my brains out.

I got some pretty awesome footage of there stage show antics. I shall get uploaded as soon and let you folk who missed out have a gander if you'd like.

He Slept On 57 were a pleasant surprise too. Very heavy influenced good old pop punk. Well done biys.

Astronot, as ever great and " My Alibi " poifect lads. Right on!

Til' the next time.

Ramsay777
19-Apr-09, 17:06
I'd have to disaggree with the "generic" bull, but each to his own.

I'd an awesome night!! All the bands were excellent!

Best gig I've ever seen up here.

zebedy
19-Apr-09, 21:34
for the folk that missed out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlF7l25capI

Metalattakk
20-Apr-09, 03:46
I'd have to disaggree with the "generic" bull, but each to his own.

I'd an awesome night!! All the bands were excellent!

Best gig I've ever seen up here.
Hmm, some people are easily pleased... ;)

He Slept On 57: Common or garden noisy pop punk. Not my scene, certainly, but enthusiastic enough. Ultimately forgettable though.

No Exit Wound: Tight as a drum. Sonically, they are brilliant. The dynamics are awesome, but the thing that lets them down are the songs. There's no melodies, no hooks. Again, it's ultimately forgettable fare. I've seen them three times now, and I still can't recognise any of their songs.

Astronot: Best band of the night - proper songs with proper choruses and melodies. People who shy away from melody, covering it over with volume and brutal noise are missing the point. Thankfully, Astronot are aware of this, and endeavour to create memorable hooks as often as possible.

It's not all good though - in my view their sound (especially the guitars) was a little on the muddy side - whether that was down to the new additional guitarist not quite being up to speed, or maybe it's just that the dynamic space/clarity of the previous power trio has been filled by the new addition, I have no idea.

The sound was certainly not as powerful as I've heard before. And the lack of "T.N.T." was a let down too. ;)

Yashin: Energetic, boisterous, noisy, bouncy, etc., etc.

Ultimately forgettable music though, again. I was expecting something memorable, but alas it seems this is something that was lost in(stead of) the delivery. Yeah, they jump about a bit on stage though. Woo and, er, Hoo.

Overall, the gig was worthwhile though, I think. A decent-sized (if awfy young) crowd jumped about a bit and enjoyed themselves before their Dads came to pick them up. I can see worried Mums rubbing liniment into scuffed knees and elbows after the various 'mosh' pits that were taking place throughout the evening. :)

zebedy
20-Apr-09, 07:40
No Exit Wound: Tight as a drum. Sonically, they are brilliant. The dynamics are awesome, but the thing that lets them down are the songs. There's no melodies, no hooks. Again, it's ultimately forgettable fare. I've seen them three times now, and I still can't recognise any of their songs.

Overall, the gig was worthwhile though, I think. A decent-sized (if awfy young) crowd jumped about a bit and enjoyed themselves before their Dads came to pick them up. I can see worried Mums rubbing liniment into scuffed knees and elbows after the various 'mosh' pits that were taking place throughout the evening. :)

Thanks for sharing your view on our sound metal man. Shame it doesn't do anything for you. But regardless can't keep everyone happy. We are happy with how things are going for us just now, and I see it if your not your own favourite band in a sence, then your doing something wrong?

Shame that alot of people seem to pick up on crowds being young as a negative thing though. It's like do the kids not count as proper punters to you Metaldude?

Can't say I've seen a more lively crowd in Skinandis before. So bravo to all who went crazy on the night, It was brilliant.

theboss
20-Apr-09, 09:14
Hmm, some people are easily pleased... ;)

He Slept On 57: Common or garden noisy pop punk. Not my scene, certainly, but enthusiastic enough. Ultimately forgettable though.

Astronot: Best band of the night - proper songs with proper choruses and melodies. People who shy away from melody, covering it over with volume and brutal noise are missing the point. Thankfully, Astronot are aware of this, and endeavour to create memorable hooks as often as possible.

It's not all good though - in my view their sound (especially the guitars) was a little on the muddy side - whether that was down to the new additional guitarist not quite being up to speed, or maybe it's just that the dynamic space/clarity of the previous power trio has been filled by the new addition, I have no idea.

The sound was certainly not as powerful as I've heard before. And the lack of "T.N.T." was a let down too. ;)

Yashin: Energetic, boisterous, noisy, bouncy, etc., etc.

Ultimately forgettable music though, again. I was expecting something memorable, but alas it seems this is something that was lost in(stead of) the delivery. Yeah, they jump about a bit on stage though. Woo and, er, Hoo.

Overall, the gig was worthwhile though, I think. A decent-sized (if awfy young) crowd jumped about a bit and enjoyed themselves before their Dads came to pick them up. I can see worried Mums rubbing liniment into scuffed knees and elbows after the various 'mosh' pits that were taking place throughout the evening.

I always enjoy your reviews of gig nights Metal. They're always very balanced. I like that.

Cheers for the critique. We shall endeavour to improve all aspects of our shows where possible :)

I enjoyed the night. The crowd was young, and I fear alot of them weren't even interested in the music, but, if it even gets them a little interested in live music then that's superb.

I thought in general, the level of all the bands on the night was pretty good. No disasters (apart from Jeid giving away the last of my decent sticks to some young folk at the front)

loganbiffy
20-Apr-09, 10:19

Thanks for your opinion of our set Mr. Attakk.
As Jack said earlier you can't please everyone, for us it's about being our own favourite band.
No melodies and no hooks in your eyes is plenty in other people's eyes although I will be the first to admit we ain't a pop band and make a point of writing sludgy music.

Nicely noticed on the dynamics though, a big thanks to a certain red BEAST of a pedal ;)
Once again, thanks for your input, we are keen to hear opinions from everyone, good or bad, we like to feel it will make us a better band.

As myself and Jack previously stated we cannot please everyone and we kinda figured we would have a hard job pleasing yourself as you hate 90's music so much ;)

Cheers.

Jeid
20-Apr-09, 12:56
Saturday was pretty grand. The crowd were great, probably the best crowd I've seen at a gig in Thurso, in numbers and enthusiasm. On the dancefloor for the whole gig as well, kudos to them :)

Enjoyed all the bands. Personally for me, it wasn't our bestest gig ever, still trying to work out our sound with Ally, but I think we're closer to it. New amps for me also changed things a little. A bit of downtime now until we get our finger out of our bums and write new songs and work on some of the older ones. Maybe more recordings and a release, not sure what yet, but we'll figure that out later. Apologies for the no TNT Metal... We've dropped a few of our older numbers now. Probably drop a couple more of the older ones in the next while as well and get a fresher set.

I enjoyed No Exit Wound, I find the stop start difficult to get into at times, but I know that's a big part of their sound. A big improvement from the last time I saw them in Y-Not, well done chaps :) There's one song that has this harmony in it with Logan and Marc, I kept singing a 3 part harmony along with it, c'may Jack!

He Slept On 57 were fine, not entirely my cup of tea, but they did what they did quite well... plus, they're young, plenty time ahead of them.

Yashin were good, very good guitar interplay and their harmonies were quite amazing. Really pumped up the crowd. Shame about the singer losing his mic though.

loganbiffy
20-Apr-09, 13:48
Saturday was pretty grand. The crowd were great, probably the best crowd I've seen at a gig in Thurso, in numbers and enthusiasm. On the dancefloor for the whole gig as well, kudos to them :)

I enjoyed No Exit Wound, I find the stop start difficult to get into at times, but I know that's a big part of their sound. A big improvement from the last time I saw them in Y-Not, well done chaps :) There's one song that has this harmony in it with Logan and Marc, I kept singing a 3 part harmony along with it, c'may Jack!

Thanks Jeid :)
Indeed Saturday was a fine evening, pretty good turn-out for sure.
I know which song you are on about with the 3 part harmony, it has been done in the studio, just yet to be nailed live.

I thought you guys were very tight, and I can see what you are going for with 2 guitarists, seems like it is going to be pretty epic.

I was pleasantly surprised with He Slept on 57, again not really my thing but I have learned to open my ears a bit more these days and listen.

Yashin were great, a flawless performance and their stage energy was amazing.
Good times overall!

zebedy
20-Apr-09, 16:20
There's one song that has this harmony in it with Logan and Marc, I kept singing a 3 part harmony along with it, c'may Jack!

I've tried and failed lolololololol
can't say singing is a strong point of mine at all. haha
I'll keep practicing though for you John biy!

Jeid
20-Apr-09, 17:02
Haha... singing drummers... pah! :p

ABeautifulLie
20-Apr-09, 17:13
The gig was amazing! I met Yashin after and got a high five for knowing all the words to their songs. :D

Kenneth
22-Apr-09, 15:31
Even I enjoyed myself! Though that He Slept on 57 were very good yowng band, thought they sounded quite a bit like the wombats in some respects and other bands but definitely very punky, not my cup of tea but i still enjoyed seeing a talented group of youngsters. i liked how the singer bled all over his guitar hah. we've all been there before!

I also very much liked no exit wound (name is terrible btw boys) defo influenced by biffy!! i agree though, the songs you boys do arent catchy, but i still liked listening to them, and it was a very very tight set! so i was pleasantly surprised!

didnt see the other bands i am afraid as the Central is a cruel mistress! i tried getting the night off as well :(

loganbiffy
23-Apr-09, 10:16
Even I enjoyed myself! Though that He Slept on 57 were very good yowng band, thought they sounded quite a bit like the wombats in some respects and other bands but definitely very punky, not my cup of tea but i still enjoyed seeing a talented group of youngsters. i liked how the singer bled all over his guitar hah. we've all been there before!

I also very much liked no exit wound (name is terrible btw boys) defo influenced by biffy!! i agree though, the songs you boys do arent catchy, but i still liked listening to them, and it was a very very tight set! so i was pleasantly surprised!

didnt see the other bands i am afraid as the Central is a cruel mistress! i tried getting the night off as well :(

Cheers bae.
In all honesty I hate the name, I detest it lol.
For some bizarre reason our new song which is going to be our single is ridiculously poppy and catchy, we go from really sludgy, metally riffs and screams to nice, jingly pop songs in the same day, which isn't a bad thing, good to be diverse you know.

Should have the mixed version of the single back next week sometime, you can get a listen and see what you think :)

Jeid
23-Apr-09, 14:31
In all honesty I hate the name, I detest it lol.

Bring back Waffles..

loganbiffy
23-Apr-09, 17:01
Bring back Waffles..

LMAO.
Bring back Rehab Rejects :p

Thankfully it wasn't Waffles for long lol, possibly the worst band name ever (I had nothing to do with it) haha.

zebedy
23-Apr-09, 17:22
Waffles still records his own music ;)

Jeid
23-Apr-09, 22:36
Rehab Rejects? Lol, their guitar player was pish... :p

Kenneth
25-Apr-09, 03:15
I saw a persons name on the BT directory whilst bored at work, 'Branka Panic', thought that was a great name for a band!! You biys can have it if you want but I want 100% any earnings you make etc etc