PDA

View Full Version : Real campfires up close.

Rheghead
12-Apr-09, 23:40
Is it just me but I find that a chat with someone in front of a real flaming campfire up close brings out the best in conversation.

I never find I can have a real conversation without a fire. It must be a primordial thing?

I've always loved a campfire but my chiminea has provided a good alternative and I've used it this week due to the nice weather.

I can't help thinking that the world will be more perfect in every way if everyone just gets a buzz out of good conversation and a small beer or whatever is their poison in front of a real fire.

teenybash
13-Apr-09, 00:17
You're right, a real fire with flames licking up the chimney or towards the sky, seems to create an air of relaxation where conversation flows with ease. Many a time I have thought of getting rid of my live fire and going over to a cleaner form of heating but, just know it wouldn't be the same and the house would lose that warm welcoming feel.............:)

Aaldtimer
13-Apr-09, 02:43
..."chiminea"... is that Gaelic for chimney?;)

jock leith
13-Apr-09, 05:56
Is it just me but I find that a chat with someone in front of a real flaming campfire up close brings out the best in conversation.

I never find I can have a real conversation without a fire. It must be a primordial thing?

I've always loved a campfire but my chiminea has provided a good alternative and I've used it this week due to the nice weather.

I can't help thinking that the world will be more perfect in every way if everyone just gets a buzz out of good conversation and a small beer or whatever is their poison in front of a real fire.

Had to smile when I saw your Signature,and you talking about campfires,made me think of the campfire scene in the film Blazing Saddles,hope your old enough to remember the film and make the connection ????? JL