PDA

View Full Version : worried

munchkin
12-Apr-09, 18:34
hi ,thanks for taking the time to read this what is your opinion on a class of primary 3 4 and 5 having 5 diffrent teachers in one week

ShelleyCowie
12-Apr-09, 18:44
Well thats a bit rediculous aint it.

Was their usual teacher ill? Was these all substitutes? Just wanting a bit more info! :D

changilass
12-Apr-09, 19:02
Do primary 3,4 ad 5 share classes? not being funny here, I really want to know. It seems a bitty strange.

Or were all 3 seperate classes subject to so many different teachers and if so were you given any reason as to why?

Sorry to ask so many questions but your post is pretty vague.

munchkin
12-Apr-09, 19:06
this is what they get every week ,no teacher off ill. i feel that it is wrong myself and that the children cannot be getting the same attention as others or taught the same. prime example my child was off ill when they went back they were questioned why they had not done a certain thing it took another child in p3 to say they had been off poorly teacher did not no this.

munchkin
12-Apr-09, 19:08
all primary 3 4 and 5 share the teachers 1/2 day with one 1/2 day with another

Invisible
12-Apr-09, 20:28
that seems strange, when i was in primary school we didnt get 5 teachers from p1 to p7.

lynne duncan
12-Apr-09, 21:02
i know hillhead get a variety of teachers but they cover different subjects and my lot haven't suffered

sweetpea
12-Apr-09, 21:19
The only positive about this situation is that it could ease the transition to secondary when it comes and is not too much of a shock when they will have to deal with loads more teachers and pupils. I know that's not much consolation.

unicorn
12-Apr-09, 21:25
I would have thought it may actually be quite good as the teachers are fresh and teaching specific subjects as opposed to one teacher who has to cover a variety of subjects and lesson plans.

annemarie482
12-Apr-09, 22:17
i was taught in keiss and one teacher taught primary 3,4&5 together,
but from the strange set up you describe.....i'd of thought it would make it harder for the kiddies to get a bond with their teacher, a bit hectic for my liking.
not easy to follow when a kiddie is absent for a day.
kinda interested as to why they do it? isn't one teacher good enough for all the subjects? or don't they have enough teachers?