PDA

View Full Version : its snowing

unicorn
27-Feb-06, 13:43
just looked out the window and some flakes passed it looks kinda sleety but its a start!!

jambo
27-Feb-06, 14:00
No snow here yet. But its getting colder all the time. Hopefully get some soon....

BazzaG
27-Feb-06, 14:21
I hope we get loads of snow as im a big bairn at heart and love the snow, Something about walking round St Johns loch when its snowing its so peaceful, Hopefully tho it wont be too bad tho as e wife was due to give birth to our 2nd bairn Saturday just past(no sign yet)

captainbubba
27-Feb-06, 14:33
yeah its started snowing and sleet in aberdeen aswell

Rheghead
27-Feb-06, 14:36
Just to buck the trend, it is bright sunshine in the West of Caithness.:p

Saveman
27-Feb-06, 14:58
Sunshine here in the centre too, bit of a flurry earlier but nothing to write home about.....the best is yet to come. :p

saxovtr
27-Feb-06, 15:00
was lashing down with rain now sunny;)

Moira
27-Feb-06, 15:28
Tugmistress - stand up & take a bow. :grin:

It's been snowing in Wick - just a few flakes in amongst the sleety stuff - but it was def snow. Plenty more to come by the look of the sky at the moment too - though the sun is trying to struggle through.

Tugmistress
27-Feb-06, 15:34
Well, Saveman said it .... the best is yet to come :D This is just a taster this afternoon, temps and dewpoints once down this evening will make sure of the fluffy stuff later :D

jac1791
27-Feb-06, 16:45
just drove in from Lybster - snowed heavy all way in but ground so wet!!!!!

paris
27-Feb-06, 19:21
Getting really cold here in lincs now. Had a few flurries yesterday but weather man said we got it coming tonight/tomorrow.

krieve
27-Feb-06, 20:06
My boy says it better snow loads tonight so he can have the day of school tomorrow lol

George Brims
27-Feb-06, 22:37
If it makes any of you feel better, here in Southern California it is bucketing with rain, and pretty windy too.

Foxy
27-Feb-06, 22:58
Here in Bower we've had hailstones, but even if it does snow the ground is that wet the snow won't lie for long. :grin:

Tugmistress
27-Feb-06, 23:27
well i don't know about anywhere else but here nothing has settled so far :( but looking on the traffic scotland webcam on the A9 just north of Helmsdale they seem to have plenty!
NOT FAIR :cry:

angela5
28-Feb-06, 00:37
well i don't know about anywhere else but here nothing has settled so far :( but looking on the traffic scotland webcam on the A9 just north of Helmsdale they seem to have plenty!
NOT FAIR :cry:

Well Tugmistress it's hit us now..

Any snow up in Thurso yet?

kas
28-Feb-06, 00:52
Hail shower at present, with sleet and wet snow. But I think this is the start of it.
You cant see the Ord as the camera is snowed over.

angela5
28-Feb-06, 00:53
Hail shower at present, with sleet and wet snow. But I think this is the start of it.
You cant see the Ord as the camera is snowed over.

Have you a link for the webcam??

kas
28-Feb-06, 01:00
http://www.trafficscotland.org/viewsOrd.asp

Ground is starting to go white now, but its still pretty wet at our level. Nearly sea level.

angela5
28-Feb-06, 01:07
My boy says it better snow loads tonight so he can have the day of school tomorrow lol

Looks like he may get the day off..its pretty heavy out there..

angela5
28-Feb-06, 01:07
http://www.trafficscotland.org/viewsOrd.asp

Ground is starting to go white now, but its still pretty wet at our level. Nearly sea level.

Thanks Kas...:grin:

krieve
28-Feb-06, 01:15
Here is the link for if the school are shut tomorrow for any mums like myself who can never get moray firth tuned in to the radio lol

http://www.winter.highlandschools.org.uk/closures.asp?areaid=1

lydia.bain
28-Feb-06, 01:20
Thats the snow starting to settle in Thurso, just a fine covering but hopefully it will lie now!Hows the snow elsewhere?

Nivelo
28-Feb-06, 01:35
It's definatly lieing here in Wick, not snowing jus this minute but the roads are definatly cover with it.

krieve
28-Feb-06, 01:44
snowing again in wick

Nivelo
28-Feb-06, 01:46
yeah, i take it back, it's snowing like mad, WOOO! lol I love snow!

krieve
28-Feb-06, 01:48
lol keep snowing i will be getting the bairns sledge out tomorrow for them(me)lol

Chillie
28-Feb-06, 04:19
Heavy snow in Wick now

paris
28-Feb-06, 09:10
Bright and sunny here in lincs but very very cold. jan x

unicorn
28-Feb-06, 09:13
the kids are sad though not enough snow for a day off yet. I think mine is praying right now lol:)

willowbankbear
28-Feb-06, 09:15
Cold & Bitter on Wickside snow going to hamper things today perhaps

emszxr
28-Feb-06, 09:46
loads of snow here.
does anyone know how i find a road report for snow as my hubby driving up from gretna this morn
ta

Tugmistress
28-Feb-06, 10:12
loads of snow here.
does anyone know how i find a road report for snow as my hubby driving up from gretna this morn
ta

your best bet is go to the same site as the ord webcam, traffic scotland, and look for the traffic news, weather and anything else relevant :)

http://www.trafficscotland.org/index.asp

Tugmistress
28-Feb-06, 10:18
if you want a high res satellite image to see what is coming this way, then have a look at
http://saturn.unibe.ch/rsbern/noaa/dw/realtime/current/n1bcurr.jpg
off to work now, enjoy the snow :D

Whitewater
28-Feb-06, 12:11
Looks very promising Tugmistress

emszxr as tugmistress says try http://www.trafficscotland.org/index.asp. and listening into all the traffic reports will keep him well informed regarding road conditions, most car radios now have a TA switch which allows traffic information and announcements to take priority over the programme you are listening to

Saveman
28-Feb-06, 13:44
Been snowing for about 15 min now....is this it? Is this what we've been waiting for? Er.......probably not, looks like its stopping. :confused

JimH
28-Feb-06, 14:43
Always wondered what the white stuff was each year

paris
28-Feb-06, 14:47
1.45 PM jUST GOT OUR FIRST FLAKES OF THE WHITE STUFF HERE IN LINCS.

Joefitz
28-Feb-06, 15:02
down 22 inches from last year!!...Erie, PA, USA, it starts in October usually, and stops in April!!!...Oh, well.......

katarina
28-Feb-06, 15:06
yeah I'm out to buy a sledge!

teddybear1873
28-Feb-06, 16:40
lucky sods, no much chance o snow landing here, not fair

canuck
28-Feb-06, 16:57
down 22 inches from last year!!...Erie, PA, USA, it starts in October usually, and stops in April!!!...Oh, well.......

Great to read your post Joefitz. I live about an hour north of Buffalo. Indeed we have had almost no snow this winter, although there is plenty in North Bay. I have to drive to Stroudsburg in a few weeks. I hope that this mild winter continues a bit longer. Wet Appalachians aren't any fun for driving.

airdlass
28-Feb-06, 20:11
Loads of snow here in Kincardineshire. Schools had the day off and looks like they'll be off tomorrow.

unicorn
02-Mar-06, 11:07
well it is certainly snowing now!!

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 11:14
Same in wick quite heavy

Bingobabe
02-Mar-06, 11:20
Yeah its really coming down outside now [lol]

krieve
02-Mar-06, 11:26
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) it has been snowing in wick since 9.40am it is still snowing just now oh i love the snow

unicorn
02-Mar-06, 11:28
so is the snow coming this way? or going to you from here??

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 11:40
so is the snow coming this way? or going to you from here??

Don't know when did it start with yous, north school just closed

DrSzin
02-Mar-06, 11:41
I quite like the snow, but there's none here in the land of Krieve's bridge.

Today is our third consecutive bright sunny day. It's fabulous weather - cold and crisp, with barely a cloud in the sky - it's truly wonderful. :)

It snowed for about 15 minutes early yesterday afternoon, but that was it. Long may it stay that way.

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 11:44
I quite like the snow, but there's none here in the land of Krieve's bridge.

Today is our third consecutive bright sunny day. It's fabulous weather - cold and crisp, with barely a cloud in the sky - it's truly wonderful. :)

It snowed for about 15 minutes early yesterday afternoon, but that was it. Long may it stay that way.

Where do you live :roll:

Rheghead
02-Mar-06, 11:53
My dog is loving the snow.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Rheghead/IMG_0006.jpg

Saveman
02-Mar-06, 11:58
My dog is loving the snow.

Is that a brave pheasant I see in the background there Rheghead?

krieve
02-Mar-06, 12:00
great picture Rheghead my dog loves the snow as well she loves people throwing snowballs for her and putting her nose in the snow

erli
What a beautiful photo Rheghead. :D

saxovtr
you were the numpty who complained about me having a oversized signature about a month ago,'people without broadband wil find it difficult to download'

better have 2week holidays for that picture of your's

Rheghead
02-Mar-06, 12:01
Another photo about 30 minutes ago, a complete white out!:p I am just drying out now with the fire on full blast, brrrr

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Rheghead/IMG_0005.jpg

erli
02-Mar-06, 12:02
you were the numpty who complained about me having a oversized signature about a month ago,'people without broadband wil find it difficult to download'

better have 2week holidays for that picture of your's
Shouldn't you be at playgroup right now Saxo?

krieve
02-Mar-06, 12:04
Rhegheads picture are far better and nicer to look at than your bins saxo lol good one erli.

unicorn
02-Mar-06, 12:08
it started later than in wick was definately after 9

Rheghead
02-Mar-06, 12:10
you were the numpty who complained about me having a oversized signature about a month ago

Err can you quote me on that? I can't remember that's all, in fact, I can't even remember having commented on any of your posts.

dirdyweeker
02-Mar-06, 12:18
due to weather i am offerring a free night tonight at the travel lodge, Inverness. See forum under free stuff

Rheghead
02-Mar-06, 13:15
Is that a brave pheasant I see in the background there Rheghead?

Yes it is. I trained my dog to show restraint around livestock some time ago. The birds are quite used to him now.:o)

Ann
02-Mar-06, 13:33
Oh good for you, must make going for walks so much easier.
Can you please train my spaniel? :o He's a lovely little fella, answers quite good most of the time but let him off the lead and he's away like the wind! Think I'll have to enter him for dog racing! :lol:

Ann

DrSzin
02-Mar-06, 13:46
Where do you live A few miles from krieve's bridge:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_3.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_1.gif

That's me dancin' next til it. ;)

It's still bright and sunny here - there's barely a cloud in the sky, and not a snowflake to be seen. :)

krieve
02-Mar-06, 13:49
A few miles from krieve's bridge:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_3.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_1.gif

That's me dancin' next til it. ;)

It's still bright and sunny here - there's barely a cloud in the sky, and not a snowflake to be seen. :)
I thought that was you on the bridge jumping of it going for a swim drszin lol

cuddlepop
02-Mar-06, 15:06
Iis beautifull here too .Cloud just starting to role in from the north,fresh snow fell last night on top of hard frost,so all the sun is doing is melting top layer.Kids still off school and are having a great time:Razz
The view from the window is something like out a mag or film,must learn how to post pictures.

DrSzin
02-Mar-06, 15:07
I thought that was you on the bridge jumping of it drszin lolLol, no. Even I'm not that daft...

We've been sitting out in the sun after lunch - it's warm as long as you keep out of the wind.

Rheghead
02-Mar-06, 15:53
It's a blizzard again!:)

golach
02-Mar-06, 16:00

Your the "numpty" Saxo' with photos of your wheelie bins. At least Rheghead is keeping us informed of the weather conditions.

Saveman
02-Mar-06, 16:26
Serious blizzard conditions exist in Watten area. Disruption likely. :p

cuddlepop
02-Mar-06, 20:55
does anyone know how long this is going to last I love the snow but the kids have been off since Tuesday,easter not that long away and there off fot another fortnight!!!
Must make myself a small sensation back in a minute:p

katarina
02-Mar-06, 21:56
Can't understand why the kids are sent home so easily. My daughter has to drive into the town to work from the country, yet she has to leave her kid with me. Her partner has to drive to dounreay to work, yet kids who live in the town can't go to school - crazy.

Tugmistress
03-Mar-06, 02:02
does anyone know how long this is going to last I love the snow but the kids have been off since Tuesday,easter not that long away and there off fot another fortnight!!!
Must make myself a small sensation back in a minute:p

snow showers through the weekend, meltdown starting roughly tuesday unless things change :grin:

unicorn
03-Mar-06, 08:19
Heavy in Thurso again

DrSzin
03-Mar-06, 11:49
The snow has reached Krieve's bridge at long last. We have white-out too - big fluffy flakes are falling after a cold night. It'll stick all right, but who knows how long it'll keep snowing for - the forecast on the BBC website is for sunshine and white clouds today!

There goes my lunchtime run. [disgust]

golach
03-Mar-06, 11:54
The snow has reached Krieve's bridge at long last. We have white-out too - big fluffy flakes are falling after a cold night. It'll stick all right, but who knows how long it'll keep snowing for - the forecast on the BBC website is for sunshine and white clouds today!

There goes my lunchtime run. [disgust]
I hear sking is good for you too, but dont go near Calton Hill :evil

Moonboots
03-Mar-06, 11:58
Heavy in Thurso again but it looks like its nice and soft... Big flakes too

lassieinfife
03-Mar-06, 11:58
snow has finaly arrived in fife..... yuck it should be banned lol

DrSzin
03-Mar-06, 12:02
I hear sking is good for you too, but dont go near Calton Hill :evilWhy not? :confused:

I used to have a recurring dream about a ski resort on Arthur's Seat. There were lifts and skiers everywhere, but there was never enough snow. I'm looking out of the window in the direction of Arthur's Seat right now, but I can't see a thing. Maybe it's been stolen by the gang that nicks snowmen in Wick. :cool:

Is the snow sticking in Hibeeland? It's been snowing less than 15 mins on the south side and everywhere's white already.

golach
03-Mar-06, 17:24
Why not? :confused:
Is the snow sticking in Hibeeland? It's been snowing less than 15 mins on the south side and everywhere's white already.
Ah come on Doc, how long have you lived in Auld Reekie? The Calton hill has a reputation, I would not go up there especially in the hours of darkness, maybe you would stumble over a few of Gleebers cheerful cowboys in their sleeping bags. [para]

DrSzin
03-Mar-06, 17:35
Ah come on Doc, how long have you lived in Auld Reekie? The Calton hill has a reputation, I would not go up there especially in the hours of darkness, maybe you would stumble over a few of Gleebers cheerful cowboys in their sleeping bags. [para]I did wonder whether that's what you were alluding to, but I reckoned it didn't have much connection to skiing in whiteout conditions.

Well, the sun came out at lunchtime here, there was several cm of top-quality snow, so we had ourselves a snowball fight.

We invited SweatyBetty but she didn't turn up. :roll:

golach
03-Mar-06, 20:57
I did wonder whether that's what you were alluding to, but I reckoned it didn't have much connection to skiing in whiteout conditions.

Well, the sun came out at lunchtime here, there was several cm of top-quality snow, so we had ourselves a snowball fight.

We invited SweatyBetty but she didn't turn up. :roll:
Maybe you were not a big enough target Doc, she liked beeg moving ones when she was younger, allegedly [lol]