PDA

View Full Version : Boss Hogg, Tenesee Kait, Falter - The Redwood, Thurso

J Wishbone
27-Feb-06, 12:51
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/589/bhtkfalterweb5kl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jeid
27-Feb-06, 13:11
Got a link for Falter? And Tenesee Kait in fact?

moncur
27-Feb-06, 13:15
their website links are at the bottom of the ad jeid.

Jeid
27-Feb-06, 14:02
ah, yes they are, my bad. Never noticed them

zebedy
27-Feb-06, 17:09
CANT WAIT!!

Was well impressed with TK last time they were up!!

Major fan!

The music is tight!

Lookin forword to hearing BH again

And falters music on there space is awesome!

Should be a good show! I shall be there!

linesix
27-Feb-06, 17:35
should be ace! will be there ..... cracking poster btw! the work of darren i trust!?

theboss
27-Feb-06, 23:20
Yeah that was me. Glad you like It.

Cheers,
Darren

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Mar-06, 02:34
Believe it or not, I'll be in town that night. Darren, I'll speak to my boss and see if I can cadge a live review for you - was meant to be covering Fightstar that night (feel priviliged now, eh?). Still, reviewers' rights remain: comp press tickets or bust. It's a tough world. (I ain't paid for a gig ticket in 8 years.)

Boss Hogg
07-Mar-06, 13:20
Hey Pepsi. Give me a shout if you can make it and i'll stick your name on the door. Just PM me or summit!

Cheers

TopCatsPurr
07-Mar-06, 22:45
how original.

Boss Hogg
08-Mar-06, 10:02
Thanks very much.

The Pepsi Challenge
08-Mar-06, 16:16
Email sent to you Darren. Spoke to my editor - it's on.

Saveman
10-Mar-06, 20:47
You free any other night you're up this end of the country Pepsi?
I'd like to buy you a pint

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Mar-06, 03:45
Thanks for the offer, Saveman. I'll be oot 'n' about on said Saturday, but pretty busy for the few days I'm in the Far North. If you can get along to the show, mine's a Buffalo 'n' Coke.

J Wishbone
16-Mar-06, 09:55
Can't wait!!!!!

Anyone else going?

Jeid
16-Mar-06, 11:07
I'll be there and I know a few other people that are definately going too :)

Boss Hogg
16-Mar-06, 11:29
Superb! Will be good to see a good few folk there!!!

Jeid
16-Mar-06, 14:16
I'll definately be there now... ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Mar-06, 18:30
To think I'm giving up on seeing Fightstar for this? Seriously, folks, I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Should be a good night.

zebedy
19-Mar-06, 02:05
Oh my gawd!

WERE FALTER so much better than they were on there space!

TK, I love them guys ... amazing!

BH... love u guys too lol... Gawd damn leads.. Felt sorry for Stu!.. But hes so good he makes up for it all!

10/10 gig guys!...

Thanks again to BH to having the time to organize all this!!

zeb

scridge
19-Mar-06, 02:48
i'm with zebebdy totally lethal gig tongiht havnt heard music liekt hat in caithness for a long time, if at all. both tennesse kait n falter will def hav fans whenever they come up here, n well bosshogg are loved up here anyway and they showe why 2nite once again, even thru sound issues

zebedy
19-Mar-06, 11:27
SO Dar... lol

Next gig.. WHEN ARE THEY BK>?????????

We need to change the music scene to what it is down perth way .. With the likes of BossHogg and CrimsonTide we can make Caithness a better scene to play!:D

Really envyed all the bands last night.. To have a band that good and do the music they love most!... Grr... * WANTS *

once again!

Well done!

nutty da drummer
19-Mar-06, 21:47
that was total amazing last night. awesome show guys!

killarifts
20-Mar-06, 00:32
excellent night lads all the bands played really well,the hoggs totally rocked and they even had some drunken bum singing backing vocals on one of there songs lol

Jeid
20-Mar-06, 02:15
Awesome gig, really enjoyed it guys. Was quite fun writing obscenities on hands as people came in!

Boss Hogg
20-Mar-06, 14:24
Hey hey. Thanks to EVERYONE who came along on Saturday night. The crowd made the night for me. A fantastic audience who stayed til the bitter end.

We had a few technical issues throughout the set but think we managed to power through ok.

Again, thanks very much.

Darren Hogg

moncur
20-Mar-06, 14:50
good show lads, its a shame that we couldnt get Mark to do any T Kait style acrobatics though lol.

scridge
21-Mar-06, 01:42
SO Dar... lol

Really envyed all the bands last night.. To have a band that good and do the music they love most!... Grr... * WANTS *

believe me dude u are nto the only one. we need more band sup here like boss hogg or crimson tide who actually get into thier stuff nto sjut stand up there like inanimate objects. christ i fling myself around like a when i'm practicin on my own let alone by the time i get on stage... if i ever get round to that....

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Mar-06, 03:32
Well done to all who played, attended and supported in some way. I never thought Thurso, let alone Caithness, would attract such a sizeable crowd to hear original music courtesy of local talent. I was impressed in many ways.

Boss, check out the live review in Friday's Record's live page. I might have to cover the Buzzcocks on Wednesday - which may mean having to trim a wee bit off your review - but if so, I'll email you the full un-cut version.

Again, congratulations on a great night.

Jeid
22-Mar-06, 12:28
I wouldn't mind seeing the full version too

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Mar-06, 18:16
Five reviews now going in this week's live page. So that means there will be definitely be a bit of trimming going on for the Boss Hogg review. Sorry dudes. But you will get something positive going in. It's your own fault for playing on a week when the Raconteurs, Graham Coxon and Fightstar are playing in Caledonia. Honestly, dinnae fret - there will be a good 100 words - well chosen ones at that - dedicated to yez. After Friday I'll send on the full uncut version.

Kev_Plastic_Food
23-Mar-06, 16:01
believe me dude u are nto the only one. we need more band sup here like boss hogg or crimson tide who actually get into thier stuff nto sjut stand up there like inanimate objects. christ i fling myself around like a when i'm practicin on my own let alone by the time i get on stage... if i ever get round to that....

Just because someone doesnt throw themselves around like a when they're playing, doesnt mean they arent really enjoying, and 'getting into' the music. Each to their own etc :)

scridge
24-Mar-06, 00:37
yeah i know that but there hav been plenty of bands aorund caithness over the years who have covered music that would inspire them to elt go an go with the music.. but i knwo what u mean, its jsut a thign i hav i like to see bands who u can see giving there all. jsut somethign that inhances a live show for me, si the bands are REALLY getin onto it and u can see it, but then thta is probably all tied into the kind aof music i liek so your right as u say each to their own

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Mar-06, 10:40
Sadly we had to chop the words off a few reviews this week, due to there being so much on. Anyway, here's the uncut version of today's Boss Hogg review.

Cheers!

BOSS HOGG ****
THE REDWOOD, THURSO, MAR 18

Thurso rocks! No, really. The most northerly British town might be closer to Oslo than Carlisle, but it has just as much talent as any Glasgow or Edinburgh band. Take Boss Hogg here. Led by vocalist Darren McLeod and guitarist Stuart Maitland, they might look like fashion-conscious Vikings, but they hammer their guitars with as much venom as Lord Thor himself. Their hard-rocking music (Valhalla-meets-Guns-‘n’-Roses) ensured neighbours complained about the noise, but that deterred Boss Hogg little, as these big and beefy teuchters thoroughly entertained their loyal legion of head-banging, cattle dealing fans. City promoters – please cajole these four porkers out of Caithness. You won’t be disappointed.

linesix
24-Mar-06, 19:07
Just because someone doesnt throw themselves around like a when they're playing, doesnt mean they arent really enjoying, and 'getting into' the music. Each to their own etc :)

Completely agree with that. To me - personally - music first, stage show second. Nothing annoys me more when you see a bunch o twats putting more effort and concentration into their stage show and hitting wrong notes here there and everywhere.

Ofcourse that certainly wasnt an issue with the BHogg gig ... it was ace, not a duff note from any of the bands, and they felt their music,which = rocking-out in each band members' own way!