PDA

View Full Version : How odd.....

northener
12-Apr-09, 12:10
Why do people find it necessary to drag their .Org differences from one thread to another?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people on here cannot indulge in robust discussion or even just squabbling on one thread without then dragging their differences of opinion into a completely unrelated thread.

I get the distinct impression that the main culprits have never been involved in intelligent debate or voicing opinion in a group outside the internet. Or am I wrong?

BTW I ain't had a problem personally with this......yet.[smirk]

GetWithTheTimes
12-Apr-09, 12:12
lol was that me?

northener
12-Apr-09, 12:20
lol was that me?

Nope, my full stop deficient friend.;)

You are not guilty as far as I am aware!

GetWithTheTimes
12-Apr-09, 12:36
Nope, my full stop deficient friend.;)

You are not guilty as far as I am aware!

lol i can rant on sometimes rofl some people just get me going on a rant lol especially the ones who take offense at my opinions and feel i should change them when i dont ask others to change i just argue my point :)

percy toboggan
12-Apr-09, 16:06
Northener you have a point.
There are far too many delicate flowers and shrinking violets who lob the odd brickbat from behind the barricade of a firewall.

I have chucked my share and stirred many a pot and welcomed criticism and 'outage' from the opposite direction. I take very little of this cyber caper seriously and urge others to think likewise.

Any group of disparate individuals will always result in friction. Some though, see life online as a carborundum wheel, grinding them down. Moreover they embrace it closely and even wrap their legs around it !

These exchanges are not quite 'real life' in my opinion so let it all wash over thee.

porshiepoo
12-Apr-09, 20:41
I perhaps, maybe, could be guilty of that a smidging. :lol:

I do try not to though - honest. I honestly don't take any argument in a thread personally and generally can't even remember the posters name after a while so it's not like I chase them round the org looking to wind them up.
Although I'll admit I did in the past. There was some orgers (no longer here) that deliberately chased me and tried to wind me up (with good cause maybe) and I took the bait and retaliated.

butterfly
12-Apr-09, 22:32
There was some orgers (no longer here) that deliberately chased me and tried to wind me up (with good cause maybe) and I took the bait and retaliated.

Sometimes you have got to retaliate to get them off your back lol!:lol:

Kenn
13-Apr-09, 00:24
Errrr ummmm do you mean they have been conversing with aliens northerner?
Did the mother ship finally arrive in Caithness?

Stavro
13-Apr-09, 00:46
Sometimes you have got to retaliate to get them off your back lol!:lol:

Or take it with a pinch of salt! lol :roll:

Rheghead
13-Apr-09, 01:04
Why do people find it necessary to drag their .Org differences from one thread to another?

Not just from thread to thread but I've had an experience of an orger dragging their differences from website to website just to troll me. They even stole my org name and signature just to try to peeve me off. Pathetic imo.:lol: I know who exactly who they are and they live only a stones throw away.

porshiepoo
13-Apr-09, 07:59
Not just from thread to thread but I've had an experience of an orger dragging their differences from website to website just to troll me. They even stole my org name and signature just to try to peeve me off. Pathetic imo.:lol: I know who exactly who they are and they live only a stones throw away.

Lol. Have to laugh about it all now though huh?
I don't remember which experience you're particularly referring to but the nice chappies who deliberately wound me up even contributed to a new forum entitled 'The real Porshiepoo'.
When I think now of the things they put it makes me laugh and I'd love to have a look at it all again just to remind me how childish it all was. lol.

Believe me Stavro, the only way to deal with that situation was defence and retaliation.
Oh the good ol days!