PDA

View Full Version : Britain’s Got Talent (merged threads)

Pages : [1] 2

Gronnuck
12-Apr-09, 06:30
I have to admit these are not the types of programs I usually watch but when I read there was to be a middle-aged woman who would wow the judges I had to watch. I remember Paul Potts about three years ago. Susan Boyle was wonderful, her undoubted courage paid off. It was good to see the audience have their preconceptions about age and appearance crushed.
In case anyone missed her try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY)

DEEKER
12-Apr-09, 07:27
that was amazing...what a voice:D

binbob
12-Apr-09, 10:10
she was superb...may she do very well out of this.

balto
12-Apr-09, 10:48
i have never taken to this program, but just watched that and O.M.G what a shock she was brilliant.

DeHaviLand
12-Apr-09, 11:23
Its just as well she has an amazing singing talent, because all 3 judges, and the audience, had judged her on her appearance before she started. I hope she goes on to do really well. The very best of luck to her.

Max
12-Apr-09, 11:34
That was lovely - thanks for putting that link on. It gave everyone a wake up call! What a judgemental lot we can be!

Mik.M.
12-Apr-09, 11:42
Just goes to show the saying, "never judge a book by it`s cover" is right.

northener
12-Apr-09, 12:36
I'd expected the reaction she got from the audience as she walked out...shallow, snide and vacuous.
If she'd been singing on the, say, Folk or Jazz circuits she would never have been judged on her looks by the audience as she walked out.

What a performance. Thankyou for posting that, I don't watch talent shows normally - but that was a class moment. If she cannot make it as a professional singer in the UK, then we really should be ashamed of ourselves. Check Prouds Catalogue (https://www.catalogueau.com/prouds/).

Bravo.

teenybash
12-Apr-09, 12:56
Thanks for the link...what an amazing voice. She is one little lady whose life will never be the same. I will be watching good for you Susan Boyle, I think your dreams are gonna come true.:Razz

mrs and mr brown
12-Apr-09, 13:28
wow what a voice, well goes to show dont judge a book by its cover eh!!!

and shes from bathgate,

i love bathgate, all my family are from bathgate and still live there, my lovely hubbies from bathgate and we got married in bathgate, when ever i hear or someones from bathgate i turn to mush he he he.

thanks for putting that link on, and again WHAT A VOICE, HOPE SHE GOES FAR!!!!

binbob
12-Apr-09, 13:30
wow what a voice, well goes to show dont judge a book by its cover eh!!!

and shes from bathgate,

i love bathgate, all my family are from bathgate and still live there, my lovely hubbies from bathgate and we got married in bathgate, when ever i hear or someones from bathgate i turn to mush he he he.

thanks for putting that link on, and again WHAT A VOICE, HOPE SHE GOES FAR!!!!

she is from blackburn,near bathgate........but hey..that makes no difference to susan and that amazing voice.;)

Liz
12-Apr-09, 13:50
It really was a magical moment when she started to sing.:D

I really hope she gets the career she deserves. I fear that in this looks obsessed culture this may not be the case though?

I really loved the Greek father and son 'Irish Dancers'. They were hilarious!:lol:

the poacher
12-Apr-09, 13:54
beautiful voice realy surprised wen i heard her

balto
12-Apr-09, 13:57
reckon they will work on her image as unfortunatly a lot of it is about looks and style which is wrong, but in the world we live in its a fact. but if it was down to me her voice would be more than enough, as i said amazing.

Happy Rascal
12-Apr-09, 16:38
This lady is such an amazing singer I hope she gets through to the final and wins as she deserves to.

hotrod4
12-Apr-09, 17:19
She is a true gem, with an amazing voice.
I may be in a minority here but I think Flawless will win.I know not everyones cup of tea but they were spectacular and the best I have ever seen.
If it was a singing comp she should win without a shadow of a doubt.

Liz
12-Apr-09, 18:12
She is a true gem, with an amazing voice.
I may be in a minority here but I think Flawless will win.I know not everyones cup of tea but they were spectacular and the best I have ever seen.
If it was a singing comp she should win without a shadow of a doubt.
I totally agree with you re Flawless.They were amazing and definitely the best dance act I have ever seen.:D

It's really difficult to judge who is the best when the acts are so different.
I think Flawless will have a great future whatever happens.

thejudd
12-Apr-09, 19:39
All I can say is WOW as i look at the goose pimples that i have. That was so mind blowing

Sporran
12-Apr-09, 19:47
Susan Boyle may not be a bonnie woman, but what a beautiful voice! I hope she goes a long way with it. She looks older than 47, but that's partly due to her dowdy image. With a makeover, she might look quite different.

I wish her the best of luck, and I hope her dream does come true. Guid on ye, wifie! :D

lynne duncan
12-Apr-09, 21:10
took my breath away, how i wish i could sing..

balto
12-Apr-09, 21:32
took my breath away, how i wish i could sing..
i bet there is a budding singing diva just waiting to get out lynne lol[lol][lol]

poppett
12-Apr-09, 22:16
I had the priviledge of meeting Susan Boyle about eleven years ago in Livingston at a talent contest. That night she sang "Whistle down the wind" and it was amazing. Whether she wins the contest or not she should be snapped up for an album and the chance to be in a musical, after all there are parts for older ladies too. Reefing is not as easy as finding a good deal on Prouds Catalogue (https://www.catalogueau.com/prouds/).

I have sent her a good luck card with the comment she has the voice of an angel.

Have bookmarked the link to keep us going until the album.

piratelassie
12-Apr-09, 22:54
Susan and Flawless were brilliant, and this is only the first show, what more talent might be uncovered..I would hate to have to be a judge...:confused

annemarie482
12-Apr-09, 23:08
i really liked flawless.......but then i googled them.
"Flawless began there journey as a dance group in Feb 2005 and since then have gone from being the UK’s top Street Dance Champions, to International in just one year and most recently crowned World Hip Hop Dance Champions in 2006 by the IDO in Bremen (Germany) coming out 1st place and also the first group to get full marks from all the World Judges in Hip Hop Dance History.
Flawless continue to appear and work in Music videos for MTV and on Big Screen, some of the stars Flawless have worked with are Madonna, Beyonce, Amerie, Victoria Beckham and many more to mention."
so im sorry but as much as i love them.......in my eyes they are already established, they should let someone else have their turn.

purplelady
12-Apr-09, 23:15
Susan Boyle may not be a bonnie woman, but what a beautiful voice! I hope she goes a long way with it. She looks older than 47, but that's partly due to her dowdy image. With a makeover, she might look quite different.

I wish her the best of luck, and I hope her dream does come true. Guid on ye, wifie! :D
i agree i thought she was great and hopefully with some styling she will come into her own well done x

butterfly
13-Apr-09, 00:01
Susan Boyle was just brilliant when she started to sing and proved them all wrong.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Apr-09, 03:52
As the saying goes 'Never judge a book by its cover'. :)

Munro
16-Apr-09, 19:34
this lady deserves to be bumped up , sorry if it breaks any rules

Tighsonas4
16-Apr-09, 19:49
dinna watch it myself but oh does. she knocked the look off that fellow simon cowals face, was fair chuffed [lol] shes been twice on the main news today
maybe she didnt have life easy and as the old saying goes beauty is only skin deep tony

George Brims
16-Apr-09, 20:35
I first saw that YouTube video a couple of days ago when it was linked on a US web site I browse. I was in the middle of showing to my wife that evening when I glanced at the TV, which had the sound muted - there she was on the evening news in LA. Since then I have turned on my car radio to two different radio stations to be greeted by her voice (instead of classic rock on one, and political chat on the other). This morning she was interviewed from her house on one of the US national morning shows (she can belt that song without accompaniment BTW). She is just all over the place here. She may not have the looks to be a pop star (like me, she's too old for that anyway), but I bet she could handle some Broadway work. I know Paul Potts has done well, so I can't wait to see how things turn out for her.

joxville
16-Apr-09, 20:39
She's got a great voice, I like her choice of music. She's single-I'm single........watch this space. ;) [lol]

Bazeye
16-Apr-09, 20:57
She's got a great voice, I like her choice of music. She's single-I'm single........watch this space. ;) [lol]

You wouldnt.....would you?:eek:

joxville
16-Apr-09, 21:09
You wouldnt.....would you?:eek:

A fresh hairstyle and some make-up.........I'm sure I'd look presentable!! [lol][lol]

Tighsonas4
16-Apr-09, 21:23
[quote=mrs and mr brown;532222]wow what a voice, well goes to show dont judge a book by its cover eh!!!

and shes from bathgate,

as far as i can gather susan boyle is from midlothian in scotland tony

balto
16-Apr-09, 21:25
A fresh hairstyle and some make-up.........I'm sure I'd look presentable!! [lol][lol]
what you mean a bit of spit and polish lol.[lol]

Sporran
16-Apr-09, 23:02
I first saw that YouTube video a couple of days ago when it was linked on a US web site I browse. I was in the middle of showing to my wife that evening when I glanced at the TV, which had the sound muted - there she was on the evening news in LA. Since then I have turned on my car radio to two different radio stations to be greeted by her voice (instead of classic rock on one, and political chat on the other). This morning she was interviewed from her house on one of the US national morning shows (she can belt that song without accompaniment BTW). She is just all over the place here. She may not have the looks to be a pop star (like me, she's too old for that anyway), but I bet she could handle some Broadway work. I know Paul Potts has done well, so I can't wait to see how things turn out for her.

I'm still moved to tears every time I watch the YouTube video. Susan Boyle truly has the voice of an angel. Beauty comes in many forms, and Susan's is in her amazing singing voice. Like Paul Potts, her looks are not to her advantage, but by gum, if he can make it, then so can she! I wish they showed "Britain's Got Talent" over here in the USA, but to my knowledge, they don't. No matter what, I think Susan is well on the way to realising her dream, and you can bet I'll be one of the first in line to buy an album by her! :)

teenybash
16-Apr-09, 23:27
Susan Boyle may not 'appear' to be pretty but, take a look again at her neat little nose and lovely smile...............in her own time she will blossom, just like the ugly duckling.
Her voice is a gift and she will have such a wonderful future to share with us all..........I am so looking forward to the dream unfolding:).

squidge
16-Apr-09, 23:34
I never watch this programme but this thread made me view the you tube thingie - Fantastic and lovely to wipe smug looks off people's faces. She has the chance to achieve her dream and i hope she does. As for her "look" a new haircut, eyebrows plucked and a bit of styling will do the trick, she has hardly any wrinkles and a pretty smile and whilst not skinny she has a neat enough figure. We arent talking plastic surgery here.

So how does britains got talent work then? Whats the next step then?

Sporran
17-Apr-09, 00:03
As for her "look" a new haircut, eyebrows plucked and a bit of styling will do the trick, she has hardly any wrinkles and a pretty smile and whilst not skinny she has a neat enough figure. We arent talking plastic surgery here.

I agree. I would definitely start with the eyebrows (my tweezers are are twitching, lol!) Some light makeup, an updated hairdo, more fashionable and colourful clothes, and I think we would see quite a transformation! :)

Elenna
17-Apr-09, 00:25
Post removed by the author so that members of the Jump Down Your Throat Brigade cannot further intentionally misconstrue what was said.

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 01:43

Susan Boyle run for your life!

Metalattakk
17-Apr-09, 02:22
As for her "look" a new haircut, eyebrows plucked and a bit of styling will do the trick, she has hardly any wrinkles and a pretty smile and whilst not skinny she has a neat enough figure. We arent talking plastic surgery here.

So how does britains got talent work then? Whats the next step then?

I agree. I would definitely start with the eyebrows (my tweezers are are twitching, lol!) Some light makeup, an updated hairdo, more fashionable and colourful clothes, and I think we would see quite a transformation! :)

Sporran, I certainly agree with you and Squidge...just a bit of smartening up would make an huge difference, and I'm sure Susan would enjoy it, too! But I would urge only the basic essentials, as too much 'glamourising' wouldn't suit her at all.

What's more important here - how she looks or how she sings?

All the clamour for a make-over just shows us judgementalists for what we are. Shallow.

Did Mama Cass have to have a make-over? Or Janis Joplin or Maggie Bell?
Montserrat Caballé, anyone?

Just let the woman sing.

Sporran
17-Apr-09, 02:55

All the clamour for a make-over just shows us judgementalists for what we are. Shallow.

Just let the woman sing.

Dear Mr Metal,

I hope you're not calling Squidge, Elenna and myself shallow! We're not suggesting a major makeover - just a little tweaking! You're right that how she sings is more important than how she looks. But let's face it, a little help from Trinny and Susannah hasn't hurt anyone yet! :)

horseman
17-Apr-09, 06:16
That was one heck of a thread Gronnuck,thanks for it an well done.:)

northener
17-Apr-09, 09:19
I'm with Metalattak on this one. There seems to be some confusion over the difference between glamour and talent here.....

Why is everyone so keen to judge on image? I couldn't care less if a singer is the same size and features of a Silverback gorilla, I want to listen to them and watch their performance, not sit there commenting on their appearance.

Trinny and Susannah?....Jeeves, release the leopards immediately!

Penelope Pitstop
17-Apr-09, 09:53
I watched BGT last Saturday - it was priceless to see the judges faces when she began to sing.:Razz Susan's voice is brilliant. I can't wait to hear more from her. Re the restyling her - I hope they leave her more or less as she is...after all she is who she is.

squidge
17-Apr-09, 12:27
I hope you're not calling Squidge, Elenna and myself shallow! :)

I guess if the cap fits lol.....

i wasnt suggesting "glamourising" her just opening her lovely face up and making the best of what she has. AS for trinny and susannah eeeeeeeeeeeeek i think they would scare her to death - they do me!

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 13:00
If people love her voice they will buy her music no matter what she looks like.I have listened to her singing a few times now and her appearance hasnt put me off listening.Her singing really is amazing!

Nvidi4
17-Apr-09, 13:18
Why do people want to change someone into something that they are not. I think she's lovely as she is. I am totally mesmerized by her. Susan Boyle is Susan Boyle and I would think that she would be thoroughly uncomfortable with a makeover but maybe I'm wrong.......being your natural self in my eyes is far more important...........it's what's in the package that counts not the packaging and she appears to have done pretty well for herself since Saturday night without having any major changes to her appearance! The ones who are irked by her appearance should only listen to her and and not watch.....or maybe try putting a paper bag over your head or something and visualize her as you think she should be! :rolleyes: :lol:

northener
17-Apr-09, 13:29
Why do people want to change someone into something that they are not. I think she's lovely as she is. I am totally mesmerized by her. Susan Boyle is Susan Boyle and I would think that she would be thoroughly uncomfortable with a makeover but maybe I'm wrong.......being your natural self in my eyes is far more important...........it's what's in the package that counts not the packaging and she appears to have done pretty well for herself since Saturday night without having any major changes to her appearance! The ones who are irked by her appearance should only listen to her and and not watch.....or maybe try putting a paper bag over your head or something and visualize her as you think she should be! :rolleyes: :lol:

Maybe some of those critical of her looks ought to take a very long hard look in a mirror occasionally.;)

squidge
17-Apr-09, 14:32
Maybe some of those critical of her looks ought to take a very long hard look in a mirror occasionally.;)

Lol how do you think i know what a difference plucking her eyebrows will make!!!!!

northener
17-Apr-09, 14:44
"Oooh, she needs a bit of a makeover, bless her" quoth Mr & Mrs .Org......

bluebell
17-Apr-09, 15:07
Just watched Susan Boyle on you-tube I thought she was truly amazing made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, by her audition I think she is a right character and hope her becoming famous(which she will) doesn't change that, well done Susan you were brilliant(she might visit the org;))

Nvidi4
17-Apr-09, 15:21

Aye I think so :lol: there was not a tattoed eyebrow in sight, no bottox/buttox whatever the word is, no breast implants, more than likely no waxings, no hair extensions........all completely unspoiled and natural........just like a breath of fresh air! You could almost see in Simon Cowell's expression at one point that he thought it was a refreshing change from all the made up artificial wannabees! ;)

Oddquine
17-Apr-09, 17:24
This charity one of hers is just as good.if not better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNnTRWzh4A&NR=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RslWz8fsxQ&feature=related)

squidge
17-Apr-09, 17:48
i am still no wiser as to what happens next in this show. Will we see her again, how does she "get through" Can someone explain it to me. I d like to watch her even if she doesnt decide to pluck her eyebrows:roll:

feegilmour
17-Apr-09, 18:45
hi squidge yes we will see susan again but not until round 2 which will be a few weeks yet i think

TBH
17-Apr-09, 19:14
i am still no wiser as to what happens next in this show. Will we see her again, how does she "get through" Can someone explain it to me. I d like to watch her even if she doesnt decide to pluck her eyebrows:roll:If you want to see talentless bimbos with plucked eyebrows, fake tans, fake everything else, (That's just David Hasselhoff), then watch repeats of baywatch. If you want to listen to a beautiful singer then Susan Boyle's your woman.

squidge
17-Apr-09, 19:34
Lets see TBH... talentless bimbos??? thats why i dont watch the programme in the first place. Thats how come i dont know how it works. These programmes always make me feel like they are designed to encourage us to laugh at others and thats why i dont like it.

Susan Boyle however has caught my imagination for her natural talent and her artlessness. I havent suggested she would look better with an extreme makeover - crikey I dont care what she looks like, I responded to a post about her image during which i made the a light hearted suggestion that she would benefit from her eyebrows plucked and a new hairdo! Most women benefit from their eyebrows plucked and a new hairdo. :roll: I think i mentioned this would make the most of her lovely smile and her crease free face. She is a breath of fresh air and I am looking forward to following her progress.

One post has been removed here already because of the "jump down your throat brigade" for goodness sake is it a full moon tonight?

Now - im off to get my hair done and my eyebrows plucked - shallow old cow that i am:Razz

Gronnuck
17-Apr-09, 20:38
This charity one of hers is just as good.if not better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNnTRWzh4A&NR=1

You're right Oddquine it was a track on a CD released by Whitbun Community Council as part of the millenium celebrations in 1999. Details at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8004712.stm It seems Susan has gone global with another hit on You Tube! Good on her!

scorrie
17-Apr-09, 20:47

Just let the woman sing.

On the subject of makeovers, check out former sex-symbol Heather Locklear after plastic surgery, and without any make-up, in this recent photo pairing:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/6a00d83451ba0b69e200e552144e0e8834-.jpg

Err, which photo is which again? ;)

TBH
17-Apr-09, 21:07
Lets see TBH... talentless bimbos??? thats why i dont watch the programme in the first place. Thats how come i dont know how it works. These programmes always make me feel like they are designed to encourage us to laugh at others and thats why i dont like it.That's understandable as most of these shows do indeed use certain individuals because of the way they look or that they can't sing.
I reckon Susan Boyle was one that was set up for a fall but what a kick in the teeth she gave them. That for me, makes it all worthwhile.

Susan Boyle however has caught my imagination for her natural talent and her artlessness. I havent suggested she would look better with an extreme makeover - crikey I dont care what she looks like, I responded to a post about her image during which i made the a light hearted suggestion that she would benefit from her eyebrows plucked and a new hairdo! Most women benefit from their eyebrows plucked and a new hairdo. :roll: I think i mentioned this would make the most of her lovely smile and her crease free face. She is a breath of fresh air and I am looking forward to following her progress.People want to resolve their Cognitive dissonance by changing the way she looks, let's hope she tells them where to go. I look forward to seeing her progress also, which, if things are fair then she will make Britain proud.

Nvidi4
17-Apr-09, 22:08
"Oooh, she needs a bit of a makeover, bless her" quoth Mr & Mrs .Org......

[lol] Shes already blessed Mr @ Mrs Org she doesnt need a makeover! :cool: She sure does put things into perspective...... who are the ugly ones! ;)

northener
17-Apr-09, 22:57
That's understandable as most of these shows do indeed use certain individuals because of the way they look or that they can't sing.
I reckon Susan Boyle was one that was set up for a fall but what a kick in the teeth she gave them. That for me, makes it all worthwhile.

People want to resolve their Cognitive dissonance by changing the way she looks, let's hope she tells them where to go. I look forward to seeing her progress also, which, if things are fair then she will make Britain proud.

Absolutely. Also I think there's a bit in us Brits that likes to see someone who is viewed as an underdog giving their critics a good kick up the jacksey.

Anne x
18-Apr-09, 00:10
Absolutely. Also I think there's a bit in us Brits that likes to see someone who is viewed as an underdog giving their critics a good kick up the jacksey.

Is that what makes this Country tick then ? lol reality eh !!
pity some would not give a good kick up the whatever to our Government

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-09, 00:15
She can keep her virginity.She sings well though,a mighty voice.She'll no win it though.

Anne x
18-Apr-09, 00:40
She can keep her virginity.She sings well though,a mighty voice.She'll no win it though.

So you know her do you ?
whoever said she was a Virgin allegedly the woman said she had never been kissed
Mighty difference mighty voice canna be any worse than last years winner

crayola
18-Apr-09, 00:56
Maybe some of those critical of her looks ought to take a very long hard look in a mirror occasionally.;)Oh I do and I see an old pro who knows from bitter experience how to make it in the dog eat dog media world. ;)

Susan Boyle will only get so far looking like she does. She's a novelty but novelty value has a short shelf life. She might make it to the final as she is but she'll need to adapt after that or she'll sink. Sadly.

Margaret M.
18-Apr-09, 04:39
I am so happy for her -- it's a pity her mother isn't here to share her success. I see from YouTube that here are a number of good acts. Susan will do just fine whether she wins this or not.

joxville
18-Apr-09, 12:04
Oh I do and I see an old pro who knows from bitter experience how to make it in the dog eat dog media world. ;)

Susan Boyle will only get so far looking like she does. She's a novelty but novelty value has a short shelf life. She might make it to the final as she is but she'll need to adapt after that or she'll sink. Sadly.

Lack of beauty didn't stop Jade Goody making a fortune, at least Susan Boyle has a talent.

crayola
18-Apr-09, 13:30
Lack of beauty didn't stop Jade Goody making a fortune, at least Susan Boyle has a talent.Good points JV! :lol:

Jade wasn't a classical beauty in the usual sense but she wasn't averse to painting her face and flashing her assets in front of the photographers and she exploited the media brilliantly.

northener
18-Apr-09, 13:49
....Susan Boyle will only get so far looking like she does. She's a novelty but novelty value has a short shelf life. She might make it to the final as she is but she'll need to adapt after that or she'll sink. Sadly.

But, Crayola, there are many, many talented singers who are not noted for their looks making a go of the entertainment industry. Lots of people in Opera, musicals and even the mainstream music industry.

Theres a whole world of music inhaboited by those who aren't 'lookers' beyond the TV stations and tabloid press that goes unreported. Doesn't make it any less popular, though.

golach
18-Apr-09, 14:01
she exploited the media brilliantly.
No Crayola, Max Clifford exploited Jade to his ends.

crayola
18-Apr-09, 14:05
But, Crayola, there are many, many talented singers who are not noted for their looks making a go of the entertainment industry. Lots of people in Opera, musicals and even the mainstream music industry.

Theres a whole world of music inhaboited by those who aren't 'lookers' beyond the TV stations and tabloid press that goes unreported. Doesn't make it any less popular, though.Those that think SB needs a bit of a makeover are talking about image, not beauty. Image is extremely important in the entertainment industry. The right image can get you everywhere, having the wrong image or no image is a huge handicap and can make the difference between 15 minutes of fame and prolonged success. Quoting counterexamples is ok but they're not prominent in the public eye or they are a small minority.

crayola
18-Apr-09, 14:06
No Crayola, Max Clifford exploited Jade to his ends.It was a mutual business arrangement. She became rich.

Gronnuck
18-Apr-09, 16:59
I've no doubt Susan Boyle will be sympathetically guided in the new world she will be introduced to. There probably will be some 'adjustments' to her image. Even if she only achieves a quarter of what her predecessor Paul Potts achieved it will be something special. I and a lot of others wish her well.
To see how Paul Potts is getting on you might want to visit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1170258/I-just-want-family-Paul-Potts-reveals-heartache-Britains-Got-Talent-success.html

Gene Hunt
18-Apr-09, 17:25
Susan Boyle has the voice of an angel and the face of .. no, that would only get me in trouble. I go to see a singer sing and not judge their looks. On that basis I hope she has a long and successful career, she has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard.

I wish her all the best.

Rheghead
19-Apr-09, 09:34
Beautiful singer and she seems a really nice person as well.

Venture
19-Apr-09, 10:04
Apart from the brilliant saxophonist and the 12 year-old singer, last night's show was pretty disappointing. The first act with the three girls was an eye opener, not for the performance, but for the attitude problem one of them seemed to have. The young man Shaheen had a remarkable voice, he has already made his mark on the stage by starring as Michael Jackson in the musical, Thriller Live. He might end up being a bit of competition for Susan Boyle. She has gone from being an unknown to a superstar overnight and deserves it. For her, life will never be the same again.

Looks have nothing to do with it at the end of the day. You only need to look at Amy Winehouse to realise that.;)

embow
19-Apr-09, 10:22
Have a read http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.2502894.0.she_used_to_be_called_simple _susie_but_she_has_had_the_last_laugh_they_used_to _think_she_was_stupid_but_shes_shown_all_those_who _made_fun_of_her_i_think_shes_a_real_inspiration_w ere_all_really_proud_of_her.php

poppett
19-Apr-09, 13:07
Thank you embow, superb link, and a decent piece of decent journalism.

telfordstar
19-Apr-09, 13:15
Fantastic singers no matter what she looks like.

butterfly
19-Apr-09, 13:19
Have a read http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.2502894.0.she_used_to_be_called_simple _susie_but_she_has_had_the_last_laugh_they_used_to _think_she_was_stupid_but_shes_shown_all_those_who _made_fun_of_her_i_think_shes_a_real_inspiration_w ere_all_really_proud_of_her.php

Thanks for the link.:)

starry
19-Apr-09, 13:23
Did anyone see the wee boy from Wales last night on BGT, he was fantastic.

Ash
19-Apr-09, 13:39

he was truely amazing, all the hairs on my arms stood up!

balto
19-Apr-09, 14:49
reckon im goingt to have to get my oh to sky plus it for me so i can watch it when i get in from work, as i said have never really watched it before, but i think that might be about to change.[lol]

scorrie
19-Apr-09, 15:05
If you fancy Susan Boyle to win BGT, the odds are now VERY short. I saw odds of 2/1 after her initial appearance but that quickly went to 11/10. Looking at Ladbrokes just now showed her a red-hot 2/5 favourite to win the competition.

I did consider a bet at 2/1 but knowing my luck with these types of show The Beatles would turn up on the last week!!

starry
19-Apr-09, 15:08
So far I am liking Susan Boyle, the guy with the sax and the wee boy from Wales.

Sporran
19-Apr-09, 17:23

Excellent article, embow. Thanks for the link. I enjoyed reading that! :)

honey
20-Apr-09, 12:58

he made me cry!!! what a voice, think Susan Boyle has competition now!!!

Margaret M.
21-Apr-09, 00:44
This clip about Susan is from Jay Leno who has a late night show. Very funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVI__AqXnio

Sporran
21-Apr-09, 04:36
Although Jay's impersonation is amusing, I just hope Susan isn't offended if she sees it. I've known for years that Jay's mother was from Scotland (Greenock, I think). He seems to be proud of his Scottish roots, and quite often mentions on his show that his mother was a Scot. I can just see Susan on Jay's talk show. With her sense of humour, and endearing personality, I think they'd get on like a house on fire! :)

Susan shows what a character she can be in this CNN interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlmfs3LO8_w&feature=channel_page

balto
21-Apr-09, 08:45
the more i see of this woman, the more i think its not what it seems, mayby its just me but she seems a wee bit fake. wait for it, see how long it is before i get a slating[lol]

honey
21-Apr-09, 09:49
the more i see of this woman, the more i think its not what it seems, mayby its just me but she seems a wee bit fake. wait for it, see how long it is before i get a slating[lol]

i personally think there is far to much hype about her. People say she is amazing, but its more because the didint expect her to be. If she was a plain jane or really pretty and sang like that, i dont think there would have been as much hysteria.

I feel sory for the other contestants, they must feel like giving up before the live shows even start.

dont get me wrong, she has a lovely voice...but i personally just dont get it...

(putting on my flame proof vest now.... ;))

Ojibwa
21-Apr-09, 13:20
I see Susan Boyle is now going on a date with Piers Morgan. I hope she is smart enough that they do not take advantage of her and milk her for all they can get.

honey
21-Apr-09, 13:31
I see Susan Boyle is now going on a date with Piers Morgan. I hope she is smart enough that they do not take advantage of her and milk her for all they can get.

and isnt that showing her favouritism? bet the rest of the contestants arent going on "dates"

TBH
21-Apr-09, 23:09
Although Jay's impersonation is amusing, I just hope Susan isn't offended if she sees it. I've known for years that Jay's mother was from Scotland (Greenock, I think). He seems to be proud of his Scottish roots, and quite often mentions on his show that his mother was a Scot. I can just see Susan on Jay's talk show. With her sense of humour, and endearing personality, I think they'd get on like a house on fire! :)

Susan shows what a character she can be in this CNN interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlmfs3LO8_w&feature=channel_pageJay's mother is not from Scotland, he said himself that She is Scattesh and came from the same part of Scatland as Susan Boyle.

scorrie
21-Apr-09, 23:31
I pondered this screen-shot of Susan and Larry King for long enough before realising it was actually Gordon Brown dressed up to play a trick on American viewers:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/_45677375_007189634-1.jpg

Uncanny resemblance?

wifie
21-Apr-09, 23:33
I wish people would stop takin the mick out of this poor woman. She is a beautiful singer but obviously has challenges in life and the media, as usual, are using and abusing her. I was horrified by the headline in the Star the other day, that truly was gutter journalism.

joxville
21-Apr-09, 23:43
Jay's mother is not from Scotland, he said himself that She is Scattesh and came from the same part of Scatland as Susan Boyle.
So that would make her a Scat girl then? :eek:

I've heard about them...I don't want to know them!!

joxville
21-Apr-09, 23:47
I pondered this screen-shot of Susan and Larry King for long enough before realising it was actually Gordon Brown dressed up to play a trick on American viewers:-

Uncanny resemblance?
She's 48 years old for Gods sake. How many ladies of that age look like supermodels? C'mon scorrie, you can do better than cheap shots at her.

TBH
22-Apr-09, 00:03
So that would make her a Scat girl then? :eek:

I've heard about them...I don't want to know them!!
Jay Leno's Mum was a Scat girl, not Susan Boyle, so you are okay. No need to get the andrex out.[lol]

teenybash
22-Apr-09, 00:23
Some of the comments on Susan Boyles appearance are not too nice and a bit unfair. Take a close look at this lady....she is not unpretty [if you know what I mean] and looks as if she has lived a fairly quiet life, probably looking after her mum, going to church and quietly and helpfully living in her community. Around her neck she wears what I imagine to be her mums wedding ring and her simple appearance is probably down to the fact the big wide world has never got to her........one of lifes innocents.
She has a wonderous voice and probably never has had the chance to use it, until now. Susan Boyle I hope her dreams come true whatever they may be.:)

Sporran
22-Apr-09, 04:53
Jay's mother is not from Scotland, he said himself that She is Scattesh and came from the same part of Scatland as Susan Boyle.

Och, awa' an' bile yer heid, TBH! In other words - SCAT!!! :Razz :lol:

scorrie
22-Apr-09, 14:12
She's 48 years old for Gods sake. How many ladies of that age look like supermodels? C'mon scorrie, you can do better than cheap shots at her.

I think she looks like Gordon Brown, can't help that fact. Nothing to do with her age.

On the subject of cheap shots, you should have a look at your own post, which contained a thinly disguised innuendo regarding women of a certain, and highly revolting, persuasion. Now THAT is cheap.

scorrie
22-Apr-09, 14:33
Some of the comments on Susan Boyles appearance are not too nice and a bit unfair. Take a close look at this lady....she is not unpretty [if you know what I mean] and looks as if she has lived a fairly quiet life, probably looking after her mum, going to church and quietly and helpfully living in her community. Around her neck she wears what I imagine to be her mums wedding ring and her simple appearance is probably down to the fact the big wide world has never got to her........one of lifes innocents.
She has a wonderous voice and probably never has had the chance to use it, until now. Susan Boyle I hope her dreams come true whatever they may be.:)

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions regarding Susan Boyle. They may be true but I don't know of many quiet, church-goers who suddenly yearn for fame and stardom. I wish her the best of success, but ask her to bear in mind that, sometimes, the things you wish for can turn out to be different from what you had imagined. Compared to the endless media scrum that follows celebrities around, the quiet life can be a blessing. Fame and money do not ensure happiness. I think the woman may end up being turned into something that is simply not her true self.

The hype surrounding Susan has been incredible and all out of proportion, in my opinion, in the scheme of what is important in life. I noticed that Allison Pearson in the Daily Mail today, BRAVELY went against the cynics and, instead went WITH 100 million hits on You Tube. Daring or what? I read her column to see whether there was a valid reason for this, or whether it was the usual "Voice of an Angel", "Wow, I didn't know ugly people could sing" patronisation which followed. When I got to the line:-"This woman fulfilled a hunger in me that I never knew existed" I realised that full "Declaration of the New Messiah Mode" had been engaged.

Good luck til' e wifie, I hope she will be truly happy when she reaches the end of her journey through the media machine.

Gene Hunt
22-Apr-09, 14:44

Uncanny resemblance?

Can you imagine what the offspring would look like ?? .. :eek:

Thumper
22-Apr-09, 14:55
I really hope she does well as she has a wonderful voice but I cant help thinking back to Michelle McManus and all the hype there was around her-she too sung amazingly but as soon as she got some stardom the media slated her!(typical of the media though isnt it!)x

Kenneth
22-Apr-09, 15:45
She's really ugly though isnt she eh

Thumper
22-Apr-09, 15:48
Looks arent everything-good manners and good personality mean much more!x

pinotnoir
22-Apr-09, 15:54
That Cowell is a pig of a man, he knew about this lady for weeks and has set up the whole hype-it working like a dream for him.

I hope that this lady is given the protection that her friends and neighbours are hinting she needs, because Cowell wont be around once the cheques dry up.

cuddlepop
22-Apr-09, 18:17
Susan seems a lovely lady who has an amazing talent.I just hope she has friends that can be there to support her through these "amazing"times.Already you can see a transformation in her appearance.Please let her be herself as when the fame has died down I hope her real friends are still able to support her and not been pushed out by the "transformers"

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Apr-09, 21:46
Susan Boyle is brilliant.She has now said she was joking about her virginity and snogging:lol:Ye could tell she had a cracking sense of humour the moment she walked on stage.Those eyebrows are classic,maybe Cadburys will sign her up for their next ad.Or the Gallagher brothers sign her up to be a member of Oasis.All eyebrows together.
If she is not on a West End show or on a Broadway show in the next year,I will eat a squirrels jobby.:lol:

gleeber
22-Apr-09, 22:03
If she is not on a West End show or on a Broadway show in the next year,I will eat a squirrels jobby.:lol:
Your on. [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Apr-09, 22:07
Your on. [lol]

Deal![lol][lol]

*gleeber and cedric shake hands*

joxville
22-Apr-09, 22:16
Susan Boyle is brilliant.She has now said she was joking about her virginity and snogging. Ye could tell she had a cracking sense of humour the moment she walked on stage.Those eyebrows are classic,maybe Cadburys will sign her up for their next ad.Or the Gallagher brothers sign her up to be a member of Oasis.All eyebrows together.
If she is not on a West End show or on a Broadway show in the next year,I will eat a squirrels jobby.

Your on.

Deal!

*gleeber and cedric shake hands*

For your sake I hope your right Cedric.....however I hope someone is there to capture the evidence on film if you're wrong. [lol]

wifie
22-Apr-09, 22:25
For your sake I hope your right Cedric.....however I hope someone is there to capture the evidence on film if you're wrong. [lol]

Aye we want documentary evidence of this one! :eek:

joxville
22-Apr-09, 22:26
I think she looks like Gordon Brown, can't help that fact. Nothing to do with her age.

On the subject of cheap shots, you should have a look at your own post, which contained a thinly disguised innuendo regarding women of a certain, and highly revolting, persuasion. Now THAT is cheap.

Touche

Sorry for taking you to task, especially when I used innuendo rather than insult her directly the way you would. ;)[lol]

scorrie
22-Apr-09, 22:41
Touche

Sorry for taking you to task, especially when I used innuendo rather than insult her directly the way you would. ;)[lol]

I suppose that is the difference between being man enough to speak your mind, and hiding behind an innuendo tittering like a Schoolboy.

golach
22-Apr-09, 22:46
She's really ugly though isnt she eh
I have seen her, but not you, so I Cannot make a comparison, maybe is some eyes you are the uglier, who knows? [disgust]

joxville
22-Apr-09, 22:50
I suppose that is the difference between being man enough to speak your mind, and hiding behind an innuendo tittering like a Schoolboy.

And you've never used innuendo in any of your posts? Oh well, I'll let you have the last word......your boring me now. ;)

http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=534958&postcount=15

scorrie
22-Apr-09, 23:26
And you've never used innuendo in any of your posts? Oh well, I'll let you have the last word......your boring me now. ;)

http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=534958&postcount=15

A bit of a difference there Jox. If you google "Bowls" you do not encounter a list of filth in the results page. However another term googled by a curious user will certainly return a stream of unsavoury pages.

Innuendo CAN be unacceptable on this forum. The mods are the ones who decide whether something is mild or whether it is tacky.

You dived in wagging the finger at me on this thread. I reserve the right to defend myself and point out where criticism is a bit rich, bearing in mind the critic's own tendencies.

Bored or just not as good at taking it as giving it out?

George Brims
22-Apr-09, 23:53
That Cowell is a pig of a man, he knew about this lady for weeks and has set up the whole hype-it working like a dream for him.

I hope that this lady is given the protection that her friends and neighbours are hinting she needs, because Cowell wont be around once the cheques dry up.

Some idiot woman on a blog on the Daily Torygraph web page today (all their bloggers are daft, Boris Johnson is a prime example) was going on about Susan Boyle and how "Simon Cowell wants to sign her to a recording contract". Anyone who goes on any of these "reality" shows is signed to an ironclad contract, meaning Simon can have her make records as it is, plus she is barred from signing with anyone else unless he waives her contract.

I have been refreshingly surprised by some of the comments Susan Boyle has made. The woman is not daft. I wish her all the best.

Plus three cheers for that other Bathgate native, Dario Franchitti, for his great win at Long Beach on Sunday.

joxville
23-Apr-09, 00:36
A bit of a difference there Jox. If you google "Bowls" you do not encounter a list of filth in the results page. However another term googled by a curious user will certainly return a stream of unsavoury pages.

Innuendo CAN be unacceptable on this forum. The mods are the ones who decide whether something is mild or whether it is tacky.

You dived in wagging the finger at me on this thread. I reserve the right to defend myself and point out where criticism is a bit rich, bearing in mind the critic's own tendencies.

Bored or just not as good at taking it as giving it out?

Splitting hairs over what innuendo is acceptable now? I wasn't questioning it, I merely pointed out you have used innuendo on here too, 'tittering like a schoolboy'. I accept that I was perhaps wrong in my choice of innuendo....as you rightly pointed out, when Googled, it can possibly return unsavoury pages, however I criticised you for what I felt was a personal attack and as usual whenever anyone criticises you, you get all defensive, 'cos your never wrong, are you? I've been wrong about many things and will be in the future so don't ever suggest I'm not man enough to take it.

teenybash
23-Apr-09, 00:56
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions regarding Susan Boyle. They may be true but I don't know of many quiet, church-goers who suddenly yearn for fame and stardom. I wish her the best of success, but ask her to bear in mind that, sometimes, the things you wish for can turn out to be different from what you had imagined. Compared to the endless media scrum that follows celebrities around, the quiet life can be a blessing. Fame and money do not ensure happiness. I think the woman may end up being turned into something that is simply not her true self.

The hype surrounding Susan has been incredible and all out of proportion, in my opinion, in the scheme of what is important in life. I noticed that Allison Pearson in the Daily Mail today, BRAVELY went against the cynics and, instead went WITH 100 million hits on You Tube. Daring or what? I read her column to see whether there was a valid reason for this, or whether it was the usual "Voice of an Angel", "Wow, I didn't know ugly people could sing" patronisation which followed. When I got to the line:-"This woman fulfilled a hunger in me that I never knew existed" I realised that full "Declaration of the New Messiah Mode" had been engaged.

Good luck til' e wifie, I hope she will be truly happy when she reaches the end of her journey through the media machine.

Why of course I am making assumptions and giving my opinion..........and yes, sometimes a wish comes true that is not quite what was thought....but I cleary said, 'I hope her dreams come true, whatever they may be.........and I do hope that for her.
Just a thought.............Maybe she has never had the chance to be her 'true self'................time will tell.;)

Sporran
23-Apr-09, 02:29
I have been refreshingly surprised by some of the comments Susan Boyle has made. The woman is not daft. I wish her all the best.

Me too, George. I don't think she's daft either, and I also wish her all the best. :)

Margaret M.
23-Apr-09, 02:40

She heard you, Sporran! Did you see her with her thinned out eyebrows in her new colourful duds today? She seems to be loving every minute of this.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Apr-09, 15:53
Now this is weird,Susan Boyle mentioned that she would like to be a professional singer.She was asked,who would she like to be like?She said Elaine Paige.Now younger folk on you tube are thanking Susan for introducing them to Elaine Paige,because they had never heard of her.The music world is so crazy!!!!
P.s Nice new eyebrows Susan.:lol::lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Apr-09, 16:10
Your on. [lol]
Had to leave early for an 'emergency'.So if Susan disnae make it I will indeed eat a squirrel jobby.But if she does,wit will your forfeit be?[lol]

scorrie
23-Apr-09, 16:24
Splitting hairs over what innuendo is acceptable now? I wasn't questioning it, I merely pointed out you have used innuendo on here too, 'tittering like a schoolboy'. I accept that I was perhaps wrong in my choice of innuendo....as you rightly pointed out, when Googled, it can possibly return unsavoury pages, however I criticised you for what I felt was a personal attack and as usual whenever anyone criticises you, you get all defensive, 'cos your never wrong, are you? I've been wrong about many things and will be in the future so don't ever suggest I'm not man enough to take it.

I am not splitting hairs. It is simply a fact that innuendo has different layers and different levels of crudity attached. If it were not so, then all innuendo would be banned on this forum, and that is clearly not the case. Most posters are self-regulating on this point and the Mods make the ultimate decision on acceptability.

Of course, I defended my corner, and will continue to do so. What am I supposed to do? Just lie down and take it? I think that Susan Boyle looked like Gordon Brown in the photo I posted. Wow, big deal. Hardly worth getting one's knickers in a twist over. I considered your criticism to be pretty feeble stuff in the great scheme of things. Pretty petty nit-picking, that I would not have associated with someone who makes plenty of side-comments themselves.

If you want to rattle cages, expect to get barked at by the occupants!! ;)

scorrie
23-Apr-09, 16:28
Why of course I am making assumptions and giving my opinion..........and yes, sometimes a wish comes true that is not quite what was thought....but I cleary said, 'I hope her dreams come true, whatever they may be.........and I do hope that for her.
Just a thought.............Maybe she has never had the chance to be her 'true self'................time will tell.;)

But do you not think you were painting an ever-so-slightly idealistic image? It certainly read a bit like Mills and Boon to me. Maybe she will be strutting about in Madonna Ice-cream Cone Basques before long, who knows? What will the Minister say? Who will look after her Mum now?

Bazeye
23-Apr-09, 16:34
Who will look after her Mum now?

Errr....no one.

Sporran
23-Apr-09, 16:59
Who will look after her Mum now?

Her Mum died two years ago.

squidge
23-Apr-09, 17:13
Do you know whats the most refreshing thing about that bit of television? I found that a plain ordinary wee wifie, who's life has been about ordinary things, looking after her mum, going to church and the local cafe, one of her neighbours said she was always singing can stand up on a stage - untutored with a natural talent and WOW the world. Her singing voice is lovely and natural and effortless, she has twinkles in her eyes that make me think that she knows she isnt a catwalk model and she is well aware of what people think about her. Apparently she has been called "simple susan" by people for years. She can stand up on a stage on the television and she can just do her thing and wipe the smug looks off people's faces. And she can be gracious about it and enjoy it.

Whether it lasts two minutes or twenty years i hope she continues to enjoy it

Sporran
23-Apr-09, 17:42
She heard you, Sporran! Did you see her with her thinned out eyebrows in her new colourful duds today? She seems to be loving every minute of this.

In the photos of her wearing the colourful dress, her eyebrows looked the same to me, but then I saw one where she was wearing a white blouse, and her eyebrows did look like they'd been trimmed in that. Those new brows make quite a difference already, in my opinion! :) Would now like to see her with a sleeker hairdo, and perhaps some hair colour to hide those greys.

Susan - you go girl!! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1172203/No-longer-hairy-angel-Britains-Got-Talent-star-Susan-Boyle-gets-brows-plucked.html

gleeber
23-Apr-09, 17:46
Had to leave early for an 'emergency'.So if Susan disnae make it I will indeed eat a squirrel jobby.But if she does,wit will your forfeit be?[lol]
I wisna daft enough till offer one.;)

poppett
23-Apr-09, 17:57
On the subject of Susan`s hair colouring I spend megabucks in my youth at the hairdresser getting grey streaks for the salt and pepper image!

She aspires to be a singer.............and is a cracking vocalist already, not a supermodel.

There are plenty of parts in light opera and musicals for the more rotund lady of a certain age.

scorrie
23-Apr-09, 18:15
Her Mum died two years ago.

Oh, right. I thought that was an ongoing aspect.

scorrie
23-Apr-09, 18:21
In the photos of her wearing the colourful dress, her eyebrows looked the same to me, but then I saw one where she was wearing a white blouse, and her eyebrows did look like they'd been trimmed in that. Those new brows make quite a difference already, in my opinion! :) Would now like to see her with a sleeker hairdo, and perhaps some hair colour to hide those greys.

Susan - you go girl!! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1172203/No-longer-hairy-angel-Britains-Got-Talent-star-Susan-Boyle-gets-brows-plucked.html

A good hairstyle would help her a lot. I don't think she is actually that bad looking, just a bit manly and unkempt. Used brillo-pad hair ain't helping.

ps The frock stinks!!

joxville
23-Apr-09, 20:06

Uncanny resemblance?

Rofl.....she certainly looks different with the glasses on. ;)

George Brims
23-Apr-09, 22:26
untutored with a natural talent
Actually, Squidge, she said on US TV the other day that she has had some training. That said, you're right, the talent is there. I bet the training merely polished the edges.

squidge
23-Apr-09, 22:33
Actually, Squidge, she said on US TV the other day that she has had some training. That said, you're right, the talent is there. I bet the training merely polished the edges.

Lol I have had some singing lessons too but i cant singlike she can - drat drat drat!!!!!

Sporran
24-Apr-09, 17:52

Wow, I have just seen a couple of pics of Susan with her new hairstyle and colour, and I'm very impressed! What an improvement!! :D

Perhaps she's been a lurker on these forums! ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1172203/Hairy-angel-Britains-Got-Talent-star-Susan-Boyle-gets-100-makeover.html

TBH
24-Apr-09, 20:38
She was fine as she was but unfortunately she has bowed to those that value looks over talent.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-09, 21:57
She was fine as she was but unfortunately she has bowed to those that value looks over talent.
She hasnae bowed.She just knows she's gonnae be on the telly and wants to look good.Her voice is gorgeous.I still don't think she'll win.She'll be famous though for her talent.No squirrel jobby for me,eh Mr Gleeber.:lol::lol:

TBH
24-Apr-09, 22:12
She hasnae bowed.She just knows she's gonnae be on the telly and wants to look good.Her voice is gorgeous.I still don't think she'll win.She'll be famous though for her talent.No squirrel jobby for me,eh Mr Gleeber.:lol::lol:I think she has bowed to the pressure of "you must look good to appear on telly", metered out by the popular press and swallowed gullibly by the general public.
I hope she does win but either way her life will never be the same.
I hope there's a warning with those squirrel jobbies, "May contain Nuts"?

Sporran
24-Apr-09, 23:41
I think she has bowed to the pressure of "you must look good to appear on telly", metered out by the popular press and swallowed gullibly by the general public.

But TBH, she has not gone overboard with her makeover. She is finally taking care of her appearance, like many ordinary women do. Lots of women have their hair done and their eyebrows trimmed and shaped on a regular basis, no matter what their age. We're not talking Botox or a face lift here!

Metalattakk
25-Apr-09, 01:48
Well, I'm glad she's tidied herself up a bit. After all, it can only make her voice sound better, eh?

:roll:

Sporran
25-Apr-09, 15:55
Well, I'm glad she's tidied herself up a bit. After all, it can only make her voice sound better, eh?

:roll:

Well, it won't make her voice sound worse! Her mini makeover will boost her confidence, and people usually perform better when they have more confidence, do they not?

Metalattakk
25-Apr-09, 16:16
Her mini makeover will boost her confidence

Any proof of this? It may well prey on her confidence to think that she was perceived as 'ugly' before, and that only after some cosmetic enhancement can she be taken seriously.

Margaret M.
25-Apr-09, 16:56
But TBH, she has not gone overboard with her makeover. She is finally taking care of her appearance, like many ordinary women do. Lots of women have their hair done and their eyebrows trimmed and shaped on a regular basis, no matter what their age. We're not talking Botox or a face lift here!

Exactly, Susan is not unattractive but she was not making the most of herself. Who would not want to go from frumpy to attractive if there is no surgery and very little effort involved?

squidge
25-Apr-09, 17:36
I wonder whether those who say susan has bowed to the great god of vanity are largely men? We girlies know the value of a good haircut, nicely plukced eyebrows and a new lipstick. And thats not even starting on the high heels lol.

Goodluck to you susan

joxville
25-Apr-09, 21:01
On tonights show I think Diversity were the best act, and they are serious competition to Flawless from the first show.

balto
26-Apr-09, 11:56
still say there is somthing strange about this whole thing, for someone thats as shy as she made out she loves the attention, fake i tell you [lol][lol]

Liz
26-Apr-09, 12:46
On tonights show I think Diversity were the best act, and they are serious competition to Flawless from the first show.

I also thought Diversity were brilliant.
The choreography was fantastic and I thought they were better than Flawless.

teenybash
26-Apr-09, 13:04
Diversity were extraordinary and for me have thrown all other dance groups to the wind...they were wonderful.

As for Susan Boyle having a visit to the hairdressers and a bit of shopping on the high street, is hardly her bowing to pressure of the media etc.
She has a stunning voice and her £100 spent on some treats I am sure will see her feeling great................More power to you Susan...the best is yet to come.:)

Venture
26-Apr-09, 13:22
I don't think Susan Boyle will win Britain's Got Talent. I do think she will reach the final though. She has a superb voice and will go far without winning. The competition against her is growing as we saw from last night. Hollie Steel and Diversity were excellent.

Last year the show had some realy good singers but in the final it was a dancer who came out top. Although Susan has become really popular with Joe Public I think at the end of the day it's only curiosity. Will the public still like the "new" Susan when she appears? When it comes to voting, acts like Diversity and Flawless will get the vote of the younger generation. Of course it all depends on which acts will compete with each other in the heats. It could be interesting if there are three good acts together in the same heat.

I notice from the press that Simon has advised Susan to step out of the limelight and get some practice in. He thinks she has too many distractions and should shut herself away, choose a song and practice for the semi-final.

scorrie
26-Apr-09, 16:30
I found this caricature of Susan Boyle:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/boyer_165x165_524773a.jpg

No Comment!!

poppett
26-Apr-09, 16:57
Teenybash once again has her finger firmly on the pulse.

grumpy1
26-Apr-09, 17:05
i still not convinced its not a man in drag....:confused

Liz
26-Apr-09, 18:14
Diversity were extraordinary and for me have thrown all other dance groups to the wind...they were wonderful.

As for Susan Boyle having a visit to the hairdressers and a bit of shopping on the high street, is hardly her bowing to pressure of the media etc.
She has a stunning voice and her £100 spent on some treats I am sure will see her feeling great................More power to you Susan...the best is yet to come.:)

I completely agree with you Teenybash.

Diversity are absolutely brilliant and I think they will have a great future.

As for Susan Boyle surely it is up to her what she does re her appearance.
There is too much focus on this and not on her talent.

balto
26-Apr-09, 19:29
i still not convinced its not a man in drag....:confused
with a voice like that i wouldnt have thought so, but i still reckon there is something amiss.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Apr-09, 20:32
I see Simon Cowell has finally lost control of all his programmes.He is telling Susan to calm down and concentrate.Why?Has he suddenly realised that she has had more media coverage than Alexandria,who won the X-Factor and has a album to release.
Susan Boyle can only do the best she can,she has the voice.

balto
26-Apr-09, 20:40
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8605/12401945362i.th.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12401945362i.jpg)found this pic so funny. lol[lol][lol]

Sporran
26-Apr-09, 21:14
I found this caricature of Susan Boyle:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/boyer_165x165_524773a.jpg

No Comment!!

I prefer this rendition of her:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Susan_Boyle.jpg

I think the artist on the Wikipedia version did a really nice job, and hope he'll do one of Susan with her trimmed eyebrows and new hair colour as well! :)

MadPict
29-Apr-09, 19:44
BGT fixed?

Susan Boyle’s story may not be the obscurity-to-international-stardom fairytale it seems.

She told an American news network that Britain's Got Talent found her.

Rather than walking in off the street to audition, Susan appears to imply that she was discovered beforehand and invited to audition for the show.

She was interviewed by Bill Hemmer on Fox’s American Newsroom when the revelation was made.

When talking about who knew she could sing before she appeared on the show, the following exchange took place:

Bill: “Did the show find you or did you find the show?”
Susan: “The show found me.”
Bill: “What were you thinking when the invitation came out, were you nervous, were you apprehensive?”
Susan: “I was very nervous and apprehensive because you always are at auditions.”

The news follows dance act Flawless’ exposure as professional dancers who were already connected to the show.

A Britain's Got Talent spokesperson told us that while they do let certain performers know that auditions will be taking place, they had never seen Susan until she walked through the doors.

http://tv.sky.com/britains-got-talent-fixed

unicorn
24-May-09, 21:43
Well wow she done it again.....:D and diversity are brilliant too, faces of disco had me in stitches too

ShelleyCowie
24-May-09, 21:50
Diversity blew me away! Awsome!

Susan Boyle was excellent aswell!

TBH
24-May-09, 22:04
Diversity were not very good in my opinion. Maybe they should diversify.

Venture
24-May-09, 22:08
Have to say I agree with the public and judges vote for Susan and Diversity. Such a disappointment for little Natalie, she was so upset. I think there will be many more tears before the week is out.:(

starry
24-May-09, 22:11
I agree Venture, it is such a shame they just seem to young to cope with the disappointment.

Margaret M.
24-May-09, 22:21
I just watched Susan Boyle on YouTube -- she had a rough start but she got a hold of it and sang beautifully. The pressure on her is tremendous and she had to be so much more nervous this time.

They did not show what the judges had to say. I did see them giving her a standing ovation so I am assuming the feedback was very positive.

unicorn
24-May-09, 22:23
I must admit the first few notes and I was thinking "oh god" but then she relaxed and was away.

starry
24-May-09, 22:24
I just watched Susan Boyle on YouTube -- she had a rough start but she got a hold of it and sang beautifully. The pressure on her is tremendous and she had to be so much more nervous this time.

They did not show what the judges had to say. I did see them giving her a standing ovation so I am assuming the feedback was very positive.

They were, and Simon apolgosied for judging her before she sung last time.

Liz
24-May-09, 22:40
I agree in that Susan Boyle did have a shaky start and thought she was going to blow it but she improved as the song went on. Think nerves must have affected her.

Crikey TBH why did you think Diversity were not very good? I thought they were brilliant and that the choreography was amazing.

I'm glad I chose the correct two and didn't waste £1.50 voting.:lol: Once for Susan Boyle and twice for diversity.

Aye it was a shame for poor wee Natalie but she is young and I am sure she has a great future ahead of her.

starry
24-May-09, 22:44
I would imagine Simon Cowell has her on contract by now ;)

Kodiak
24-May-09, 22:54
I cringed all the way through as Susan sang. She sand numerous Flat notes and her voice was very shaky indeed. I predict that she will Not win the Final. Time will tell if I am correct or not.

scorrie
25-May-09, 00:43
I cringed all the way through as Susan sang. She sand numerous Flat notes and her voice was very shaky indeed. I predict that she will Not win the Final. Time will tell if I am correct or not.

Her odds have drifted. From a near certainty at 2/7, I have seen almost even money being quoted now. Perhaps she has had her 15 minutes already and been overexposed too soon?

Kevin Milkins
25-May-09, 08:26
Her odds have drifted. From a near certainty at 2/7, I have seen almost even money being quoted now. Perhaps she has had her 15 minutes already and been overexposed too soon?

I think Susan has the voice of an angel, however I would draw the line at wishing to see her overexposed.:eek::lol:

teenybash
25-May-09, 11:28
I loved Susans bit of nerves at the beginning, showing her vunerability...but what a wonderous voice.....She went on to become the song and her true self shone through.
Loved the gently done makeover....Good for you Susan you are a star.:)

poppett
25-May-09, 13:24
I second that Teenybash. I doubt I could have stood in front of a vast audience and from a shakey start brought my voice back into line. Would like to see her win (so would the Queen by all accounts so she will be on the Royal Variety performance) but Susan is a star in her own right now, whatever the outcome. I feel privilidged to have met her.

oldmarine
26-May-09, 07:20
She looked and sounded great to me.

Venture
26-May-09, 07:39
Well Fred Bower's five minutes of fame has cost him dearly. The 73-year-old breakdancer has been claiming DLA and is now being investigated after appearing on the show. The OAP has gone from being "hardly able walk" to breakdancer, claiming that dancing cured his bad leg.;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2448237/BGT-faker-Fred-Bowers-to-pay-back-benefits.html

scorrie
26-May-09, 09:34
Well Fred Bower's five minutes of fame has cost him dearly. The 73-year-old breakdancer has been claiming DLA and is now being investigated after appearing on the show. The OAP has gone from being "hardly able walk" to breakdancer, claiming that dancing cured his bad leg.;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2448237/BGT-faker-Fred-Bowers-to-pay-back-benefits.html

Just as well he's a cuddly pensioner and entertainer of millions. If he had been fat he would have been blasted to hell by now:-

"Tax payer's money, lazy scum crook, makes my blood boil, he's ugly as well!!"

Include/delete above stock statements as level of self-righteousness dictates.

hotrod4
26-May-09, 11:33
I think Miss Boyle is seriously over exposed and a bit over rated.
Yes she can sing but this whole media frenzy is becomimg annoying.
Sheehan is in my eyes the more talented singer.

celtic lass
26-May-09, 11:40
i would have loved for this guy to go through to the final of britains got talent he really brightened my night up.I do think a single will be on the cards with that rap.I did vote for him even though i knew he wouldn't get through he seemed so delighted with himself.With whats going on in the world it was great to have a bit of light relief.really hope he gets a single out of it at least that way he'll get a few moments of fame

Bobinovich
26-May-09, 11:47
I have to say I thought DJ Talent was utter tosh and should re-brand himself to DJ Talentless. The right two got through IMO.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-May-09, 19:51
Susan Boyle was amazing,even though her "MEEIDNIGHT",at the beginning was down to nerves.She hammered the rest of the song,excellent.Mone the Blackburn lassie.:):)

balto
26-May-09, 21:58
did anyone watch this tonight, wasnt the little boy from swansea brilliant, he deserves to win the whole thing, just brilliant.

balto
26-May-09, 22:05
totally agree with you 100%, susan boyle this susan boyle that, singers like her are 10 a penny, now sheehan is something else.

joxville
26-May-09, 22:36
i would have loved for this guy to go through to the final of britains got talent he really brightened my night up.I do think a single will be on the cards with that rap.I did vote for him even though i knew he wouldn't get through he seemed so delighted with himself.With whats going on in the world it was great to have a bit of light relief.really hope he gets a single out of it at least that way he'll get a few moments of fame

Here's a spare 'c' for you, put it in front of rap. ;)

balto
26-May-09, 22:39
hey you can take your ear plugs out now, he is long gone lol.[lol]

TBH
26-May-09, 23:03
What an utterly fantastic talent Susan Boyle is, a credit to Blackburn in particular and Scotland as a whole. The wee lad, Shaheen comes a not too shabby second and the kid is good but he could be a lot better when he ditches the cheesey Michael Jackson impressions. Having said that, if he sings Jackson's cheesiest number, "Ben", he will most probably have all the wifies and effeminates gooing over him and could possibly pip Susan at the post.

shazzap
26-May-09, 23:10

My sentiments too.

Boozeburglar
27-May-09, 00:38
Am I the only one who thinks she is hot?

oldmarine
27-May-09, 05:10
It's all in the eye of the beholder!
[lol][lol]

Gene Hunt
27-May-09, 06:42

Hitting a bit of a dry spell are we ?? .. ;)

hotrod4
27-May-09, 06:44
Maybe she is unwell and running a bit of a temperature?;)
A lemsip may help.
Hope it aint swine flu shes got!!!:roll:

Happy Rascal
27-May-09, 07:21
I think Susan Boyle is a fantastic singer if I could sing like that I would be so happy so well done Susan you deserve to win on Saturday night I certainly will be voting for her.
cheers

lazytown
27-May-09, 10:37
I was quite delighted that Stravos Flatley got through. I thought it was fun and something different than your usual singing acts or dance troupe's that have been going through.

Liz
27-May-09, 12:18
I was quite delighted that Stravos Flatley got through. I thought it was fun and something different than your usual singing acts or dance troupe's that have been going through.

I love them!:lol: As you said it is fun and adds a bit of much needed variety.

balto
27-May-09, 14:26
I love them!:lol: As you said it is fun and adds a bit of much needed variety.
i think these were good aswell, as you say a bit of variety, not your bog standard singing, you ccan imagine the queens face if they win.

SunnyChick
27-May-09, 14:52
Loving the dance troupes. Loved the father/son comedy dance act too.

Not sure how Susan Boyle got to be on such a high pedestal. I didn't see her first audition, but her rendition of Memories was little above average. The hairs on the back of my neck didn't stand up (which they should have), and despite she's no oil painting, she would have looked tremendous if it weren't for that bottom row of teeth. I mean, if I was going to be on tv, I would have made sure I had a matching set of gnashers first.

Kodiak
27-May-09, 16:18

I thought that this act was original and very entertaining. This what this programme is all about, entertainment. If they come up with a different Routine for Saturday Night then I predict that they will be in the top 3 and they could even win.

Kodiak
29-May-09, 00:14
The SUN Newspaper has an Article where it claims that Susan is going to Quit from BGT and could very well not be in the Final.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/2452792/Susan-Boyle-threatens-to-quit-Britains-got-Talent.html

Personally I am not worried if she Stays or quits as I feel she will not win.

teenybash
29-May-09, 00:42
I think it would be a great pity if Susan falters further at this stage. She is one of lifes innocents and ignorant people should remember this......in an ideal world she would have someone close to her to try and protect and help her understand the ups and downs of public life and how, when and in what way to react.
I look forward to seeing her in the final and hope she holds it all together and shares, not only her lovely voice but, the passion she expresses through her singing.

crayola
29-May-09, 00:55
That Julian Smith guy is dead saxy and even my kids like him, the youngest says he would let his dad take him into the playground at school if he looked and dressed like Julian. His dad is banned from the playground because he's not sufficiently cool. :lol:

Oops, I forgot to say I agree with you teenybash.

teenybash
29-May-09, 10:44
Got to add...Julian the saxophanist is...................SENSATIONAL....Hope he records as I will certainly buy his music.......OOoooo gone all funny just thinking about his haunting tones and melodic trills....................:o

neepnipper
29-May-09, 11:08
I was blown away with Susan in the audition and thought she sang well the other night although I wish she'd have a bit more decorum and not keep wiggling her hips, a bit more grace is in order, I don't think you'd see Elaine Page acting like that!

I don't think she'll win but will do well in her career anyway.

Venture
29-May-09, 11:48
Susan's behaviour of stage is now national headlines and this can't be doing her any good mentally. We even have bookies now taking bets on whether she will swear or not in the final.

She dosen't even need to win, she is already famous. With the right guidance and grooming she will be a star in her own right no matter what happens on Saturday.

Julian Smith the saxophonist was brilliant last night and he is such a nice guy that I hope he wins. I too would certainly buy his music.

It's really hard to predict who will win because the voting public can sometimes be unpredictable on the night. Each act has performed differently in the semis compared to the audition and Saturday night's performances will depend on just how nervous they all are and how they cope with it, Susan included.

My vote will definitely be going to Julian.

teenybash
29-May-09, 13:22
I think this is just such a trial for Susan, who has learning difficulties and her now being in the public eye is such a lot for her to take on board.
It was good to learn she has people around her at all times and hopefully they will act as a buffer between her and the negative comments.
Best of luck to her in the competition and the future.:)

scorrie
29-May-09, 14:10
Stars In Their Eyes:-

Tonight Eddie, you are going to be......Susan Boyle

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/EddieLarge.jpg

Supersonic Eddie!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/susan-boyle1.jpg

Metalattakk
29-May-09, 14:30
Stars In Their Eyes:-

Tonight Bernard, you are going to be......Susan Boyle

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/bernard.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/susan-boyle1.jpg

Gotta drop the blue jokes though Bernie.... ;)

balto
29-May-09, 14:58
in the pic above susan boyle looks a bit lek wee jimmy krankie, fan dabby dossy lol,

Iffy
29-May-09, 16:02
I don't wish to take any comments away from the other similar thread, but just thought that this programme is causing big comments from all of us??

So I thought maybe a new thread would help us have a wee chat about who we like/don't like about the acts put through so far.

Myself, personally - mmmmmmmm - NOT A CLUE as to who might win on Saturday night ????????

I've too many favourites to even mention !!!!!

What about the rest of you "orgers" ....... whos's your favourite to win on Saturday night ?

balto
29-May-09, 16:06
me i hope shaheen (spelling ?) wins or julian, they are both brilliant.

mums angels
29-May-09, 16:23
I like diversity , flawless and Julian

Penelope Pitstop
29-May-09, 16:30
Susan Boyle or Julian.

joxville
29-May-09, 17:21
Julian. Cos he's a cool dude and it's about time the soprano sax got the recognition it deserves.

ShelleyCowie
29-May-09, 18:36
Flawless or Julian. Preferably Flawless. Describes me to a T! [lol]

Kodiak
29-May-09, 18:37
Without a Doubt Julian, he is one cool Dude and plays some real Cool Music on his Sax. I would buy a CD if he makes one, (and I dont often buy cd's now), as his music would be great for when I am Driving. I really hope that he wins and I will be voting for him.

teenybash
29-May-09, 18:58
As an musician Julian wins hands down for me.............his music and sax playing are a dream......I think he will surely go on and have a career.

Susan Boyle I love because of her life difficulties and a superb voice that has emerged after being hidden away.................

I am torn, there are so many terrific acts it would be hard to say who I like the best as I think I love them all.:)

Venture
29-May-09, 19:40
I would like Julian to win. He is a talented musician and also a very nice guy who deserves a break.;)

wifie
29-May-09, 20:03
I don't watch this programme as I could not bear to watch the judges "acting"! I was interested tho to catch Julian on 'e choob and think he is fantastic!
I have to say tho that it is sad that such talented people have to go on such tosh for recognition. It has to be said that the real winners in the whole scenario will be the three numpties behind the crosses, not forgettin Ant and Dec who will no doubt be coining it for doin not very much. (I actually quite like Ant and Dec so dinna shout at me!)

BINBOB
29-May-09, 20:35
julian for me.....:Razz

neepnipper
29-May-09, 21:46
Poor little Hollie tonight, what a great comeback, bet she'll get the peoples vote tonight! Had me in tears!

TBH
29-May-09, 21:57
Shaheen is a Michael jackson wannabe, they should ask him to sing something other than the cheesey songs of Jackson's youth rather than pigeon-hole the wee guy.
Stavros Flatley, funny Father and Son combination but no scope for making a career.
Julian. well as the phrase goes, "ten a penny, any more and you are getting ripped off".

wifie
29-May-09, 21:58
So come on TBH - chuck yer hat in the ring - who's gonna win it? :D

TBH
29-May-09, 22:03
So come on TBH - chuck yer hat in the ring - who's gonna win it? :DI reckon SuBo, (as they have nicknamed her), is going to win for the simple fact that she has already "gone Global" and is a cash cow waiting to happen for Meester Cowell.
Whether he can bleed her dry or not, before she cracks under the pressure, is another matter.

changilass
29-May-09, 22:04
Well Hollie learnt a valuable life lesson tonight, cry stamp your feet and you will get what you want.

Its just a shame no one went to her when she first started crying, rather than just leaving the camera on her.

wifie
29-May-09, 22:05
I reckon SuBo, (as they have nicknamed her), is going to win for the simple fact that she has already "gone Global" and is a cash cow waiting to happen for Meester Cowell.
Whether he can bleed her dry or not, before she cracks under the pressure, is another matter.

Absolutely awful that the world has come to this - we are worse than the Romans in the coliseum.

wifie
29-May-09, 22:06
Well Hollie learnt a valuable life lesson tonight, cry stamp your feet and you will get what you want.

Its just a shame no one went to her when she first started crying, rather than just leaving the camera on her.

Romans - coliseum! Car crash TV! Call it what you like!

TBH
29-May-09, 22:09

Its just a shame no one went to her when she first started crying, rather than just leaving the camera on her.Did she cry genuinely or was she coerced? Remember, £100,000 shekel is at stake?:roll:

starry
29-May-09, 22:09
Her mother should have taken her straight of that stage, she is obviously too young to cope emotionally with this.
What happens tomorrow if she (which I don't think she will) win.

I think she is a wee girl who is very used to getting her own way.

TBH
29-May-09, 22:11
Absolutely awful that the world has come to this - we are worse than the Romans in the coliseum.It's car crash TV, "ya gotta love it".

joxville
29-May-09, 22:12

Leaving aside the fact I can't stand the sound of kids singing, what happened to her tonight is exactly why kids shouldn't be on the show-they are too emotionally fragile to cope with the pressure. Did she get through because of the 'aaaaaaw' factor?

wifie
29-May-09, 22:12
It's car crash TV, "ya gotta love it".

No I don't! [disgust]

Disgusted of Perthshire!

joxville
29-May-09, 22:14
No I don't! [disgust]

Disgusted of Perthshire!

I agree.

Mr Angry, Hampshire.

TBH
29-May-09, 22:20
No I don't! [disgust]

Disgusted of Perthshire!

I agree.

Mr Angry, Hampshire.
Comeon guys, I was being Ironic.:confused

wifie
29-May-09, 22:22
Comeon guys, I was being Ironic.:confused

I don't accept that - I have seen you advocate "car crash tv" in another thread! :cool:

TBH
29-May-09, 22:26
I don't accept that - I have seen you advocate "car crash tv" in another thread! :cool:I have bowed to pressure from TV companies dumbing down their core audience, they made me submit to their indoctrination. I watch Newsnight regularly by way of an antidote but for sum reeson iit makes me dummer than gaggle of Hawcrick peeple.

Anne x
29-May-09, 23:39
I cringed cringed and cringed again that poor bairn pushed by her mother into Continuing the poor Bairn was a bag of nerves Poor Dec tried to comfort as best he could Ant was as useless as allsorts !!! Britains Got Talent mmmmmmmmm

highlander
29-May-09, 23:52
I cringed cringed and cringed again that poor bairn pushed by her mother into Continuing the poor Bairn was a bag of nerves Poor Dec tried to comfort as best he could Ant was as useless as allsorts !!! Britains Got Talent mmmmmmmmm

Totally agree annex, i had a lump in my throat, felt so sorry for the poor wee lassie, but as a mother i would have taken her away, she is too young to take the pressure. I also (gawd i will be slated for this) i dont think that susan should win either, this woman has been thrust into stardom and can not take the pressure. She needs time to take stock and will be a star world wide.
My vote will have to go to julian or the boy dancer (cant remember his name). I think in future they should have a age limit on this shows.
I do appoligise for spelling mistakes or my grammer, but hey, im not perfect and dont want to be.! lol

TBH
30-May-09, 00:06
Totally agree annex, i had a lump in my throat, felt so sorry for the poor wee lassie, but as a mother i would have taken her away, she is too young to take the pressure. I also (gawd i will be slated for this) i dont think that susan should win either, this woman has been thrust into stardom and can not take the pressure. She needs time to take stock and will be a star world wide.
My vote will have to go to julian or the boy dancer (cant remember his name). I think in future they should have a age limit on this shows.
I do appoligise for spelling mistakes or my grammer, but hey, im not perfect and dont want to be.! lol
It seems the Garmmar polees hev got ye all worried incase ye mak a mistake.
Diina apologise, it maks em feel better and we dinna want at.
BTW, I reckon Hollie's mama tuaght her weel.

highlander
30-May-09, 00:32
Tanks fer that TBH, och aye, ONE! does try. At the end of the day i ken fine fit i mean and eithers do too, like they say " you are not too old too learn " I would not take it bad if they felt to correct me, better than to put a person down.

chocolatechip
30-May-09, 02:15
I did that Amanda Holden did get up and try to comfort poor little Hollie she is only 10 and they did giver her a drink of water. But as to win it's too close to call. I thought that the little boy who danced to the song from the Jungle Book should of got through but heartstrings for the little lassie.:D

BINBOB
30-May-09, 04:46
Her mother should have taken her straight of that stage, she is obviously too young to cope emotionally with this.
What happens tomorrow if she (which I don't think she will) win.

I think she is a wee girl who is very used to getting her own way.

i do agree with that and methinks she is a good wee actress!!!:D

EDDIE
30-May-09, 06:57
Poor little Hollie tonight, what a great comeback, bet she'll get the peoples vote tonight! Had me in tears!

It sometimes makes you think if they should set an age restriction for the contest with all the pressure thats goes with.I didnt enjoy watching hollie forgeting her lines and getting upset it was a shame

wifie
30-May-09, 07:25
I did that Amanda Holden did get up and try to comfort poor little Hollie she is only 10 and they did giver her a drink of water. But as to win it's too close to call. I thought that the little boy who danced to the song from the Jungle Book should of got through but heartstrings for the little lassie.:D

Amanda Holden is the biggest actress of them all! :roll:

starry
30-May-09, 13:18
Watching it back today it looks more like she got it wrong and then threw a strop when she thought she wouldn't be allowed to sing again.

More a case of spoilt than stage fright.

But either way I think for her own sake she should have been taken home by her mother and put to bed with a cuddle and a hot chocolate rather than doing it again.
She is not equipped to cope with the pressure and if her mother can't look out for her then producers should have made the call.

What on earth kind of world is it where we are prepared to put our children through this, and to watch other peoples children go through it.
I have always enjoyed these types of programme but this was too far for me and I felt very uncomfortable watching it.